PDA

View Full Version : Best SUV?

AnamanaAU
Dec 11, 2006, 06:13 AM
So whats the best SUV right now and why?

Marik
Dec 11, 2006, 06:20 AM
I would like to know also.

Flamingo99
Dec 11, 2006, 06:21 AM
i got the sturm buster the day of the update. i haven't bought any SUVs before this one... but I really like it. Sturm Buster appears (I haven't tested this completely) to hit everthing in a room, regardless of which direction you are facing. It also knocks enemies down and causes the burn status effect, both of which greatly help me.

AnamanaAU
Dec 11, 2006, 07:15 AM
I dunno, I'm used to the 700~1000 dmg attacks of the Grom Buster. I tried the Sturm on the first day of the update, it felt like such a downgrade. Burn isn't as useful as shock, especially with the new update. Also, Sturm has such low damage. (100~300 per hit)

McLaughlin
Dec 11, 2006, 07:32 AM
Except you were probably a level 10 job BEFORE the update using Grom Buster, and a level 1 job AFTER the update using Sturm Buster.

There is no best SUV. They're all situational.

Tenzntwentiez
Dec 11, 2006, 08:30 AM
Sturm = good for groups of mobs (it hits enemies ANYWHERE behind, the side, in front), Knocks them into the air, Adds fire, good for solo.

Grom = More damage, Better for single enemies or a smaller group (providing they dont all move away from the beam) good for parties.

Polenicus
Dec 11, 2006, 08:45 AM
I've got a cast friend who uses the Sturm in parties, then switches to the Gatling gun (Not sure the name, the one that fires straight ahead) for bosses. That's partly a style choice, but I DO know the Sturm is great for dealing with big groups when we need to break things up a bit. Knocking them all down at once also resets them, making them easier to clump together for PA's.

And he's a lvl 26, Rank 6 Ranger and Sturm does do pretty good damage for him. He can pretty effectively hurt the baddies on Neudiz B-rank runs.

lordzanon
Dec 11, 2006, 08:52 AM
sturm for reg mobs, grom and rafal for bosses.

Neith
Dec 11, 2006, 09:14 AM
Sturm can hit Dimmagolus/Onmagoug when he's in the air http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Burn is useful as hell, especially against things like A-Rank Tengohgs, as it helps bring their HP down faster. I'd say Sturm, but it depends on the situation.

panzer_unit
Dec 11, 2006, 11:42 AM
I generally save my SUV charge for sturm on really big guys and getting my time's worth out of the Burn status. Against mid-sized enemies I think Hegel is my favorite choice. Burn's not such awesome damage, and strafing the entire room with Attack Down can help a lot.

For bosses... Rafal when the Def Down status will work, otherwise Grom... though Sturm might be the winning choice for Dimmo since it can be really hard to catch him on a landing.

Pentence
Dec 11, 2006, 02:20 PM
On 2006-12-11 04:32, Zeta wrote:
Except you were probably a level 10 job BEFORE the update using Grom Buster, and a level 1 job AFTER the update using Sturm Buster.

There is no best SUV. They're all situational.

Bingo mate,i carry 3 around the grom sturm and hegel.One for different situations.Also worth note the sturm hits everything always that is why its atack power is low.The thing is it can hit even ariel enemys so if you got a tengoh problem well whip it out.I mean it is basicly a giant ground to x missle system.

Reiichi
Dec 11, 2006, 02:33 PM
What level is the burn on the sturm buster?

FenixStryk
Dec 11, 2006, 03:38 PM
Sturm Buster is the best overall. It's guaranteed to hit anything near you, and it applies a sweet burn effect.
If you want pure damage, however, go Rafal Buster. It's sick if you land it.

Zorafim
Dec 11, 2006, 03:46 PM
I saved up for the Sturm buster when I hit lv20, and I must say it was beyond worth the money. Being able to incapacitate every enemy I'm fighting, and kill most of them, is just astounding. It also has an incredible visual appearance. With this, I'm convinced that those story mode casts were on to something with that whole "cast superiority" thing.

By the way, as a secondary SUV, what would be recommended? I can switch between multiple SUVs without losing charge, right?

KiteWolfwood
Dec 11, 2006, 05:32 PM
Sturm is pretty good. Doing 8ish or so hits of 200-300 damage. Then giving everything burn for 500 damage a tick. Well that depends on what mission you are doing anyway. I always just have my Grom and Sturm with me. That way I can just change for the situation.

Aaomi
Dec 11, 2006, 05:36 PM
The new 10k one is nice but its damage isn't quite up there. And being a Hunter Caseal the Shock from the Laser is just too handy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

VanHalen
Dec 11, 2006, 05:37 PM
hegal buster since it reminds me of gundam heavy arms from gundam wing

Merumeru
Dec 11, 2006, 05:41 PM
XD hegel is still hot, just because giant chain guns are <33

Carbinne
Dec 11, 2006, 05:59 PM
I'm using hegel buster still. It's my box opener of doom <3 And I guess it works on monsters too. It's all good.

CyarVictor
Dec 11, 2006, 06:07 PM
I like the Sturm for burn and hitting everything. I actually prefer Rafal instead of Grom just due to Grom knocking enemies outside of its range. But I carry all 4 suv's for the right situations. Use em all. Sometimes it's great to mow down enemies with Rafal to lower their def or Hegel to lower their atk.