PDA

View Full Version : Will i Regret being Beast Guntecher?

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 11, 2006, 06:20 AM
I did the fortefighter and iono what happened. Really wasnt feeling the job. So i started lvl Ranger for figunner and i sorta like the ranger playstyle http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif How deep of a grave would i be digging if i wanted to be a beast guntecher. Just a simple question, i know theres better classes out there for it. just wanted to see what all your opinions were on it.

ZiG
Dec 11, 2006, 06:31 AM
How could you regret being a Guntecher at all?

I'm loving Guntecher....

-Shimarisu-
Dec 11, 2006, 07:08 AM
This is a really, really bad idea. Try Wartecher first.

It's bad because while low ATA is fine for close combat, you're really screwed for ranged. Ranged means you're going to be hitting things in the face 90% of the time. Head on, the evade is too high to hit them with bad ATA. The natural class bonus will not make up for it in this case.

Perhaps you can pull it off with the high ATA of bows, but they are too slow for a lot of situations.

Guntecher gets a serious stat nerf ATA wise compared to Fortetecher. My human Guntecher has to compensate a lot with high ATA guns and units, you are really going to have a hard time in S rank. This is just not a good natural choice for a beast at all.

Classes that are good as beast:

Fortefighter, Wartecher, Fighgunner (IMO the last one being the least good thanks to your dual handgun suckage).

You really do have to have some melee component.

Pandatron
Dec 11, 2006, 07:12 AM
If your playing for fun do as you please.
Else playing for optimization of racial abilities with expert class switch back to fortefighter.

Pandatron
Dec 11, 2006, 07:13 AM
sorry double post, started lagging for some reason x.x.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pandatron on 2006-12-11 04:16 ]</font>

ProfessorZ
Dec 11, 2006, 07:16 AM
Yea I was a Human guntecher but switched because my ATA plummeted. ITs only good for soloing

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 11, 2006, 08:00 AM
well, I have a Newman Guntecher and she's pretty fun to play as, something different for a change(3 out of 4 of my characters are Hunters). I like being a healer when no one else is around(ya, I know the resta sux, but it can be better than NOTHING), and if the buffs come soon, I'll also be good for support as well.