PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Christmas Boom?,,,,,,,,,,

seldoonGra
Dec 11, 2006, 11:19 AM
I'm sure many remember a slight boom or sudden increase in phantasy star Episode 1+2 on the gamecube once christmas had passed the first year it was released.

Ive only been on PSU for a short while it's a big change but a nice one at that and ive enjoyed casual gaming on it so far but... there doesn't seem to be anywhere near as many players as there was when Episode 1 and 2 hit the market.

Just wondering what others are feeling on this i was thinking about the release of PSU in Europe being quite recent and do you think there will be a boom or a wave of new players hitting the server after christmas?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: seldoonGra on 2006-12-11 08:24 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Dec 11, 2006, 11:23 AM
I'm already starting to see a minor boom, on the servers, ever since this whole Christmas update came. I guess more people finally got convinced that they'll see content now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing the extra people and will help any way I can.

seldoonGra
Dec 11, 2006, 11:29 AM
I Think the games great and i'm all for the new idea of update increments adding content gradually as sega probably know because there not as stupid as we all think the updates will always be a reason for players signing up there money to them for another month expecting new items game missions and crazy rappy themed content.

I remember the hype for Ep1+2 but i just havn't seen it as much for Psu. The store didn't sell out of it here in the uk manchester and i remember actually queing with a few customers for Ep1+2.

It's probably me just growing up and loosing the excitement i had for the series maybe two years ago or has anyone else noticed that the hype from the old days has died off a little this time round.

Ive still got my Fingers crossed for a nice Influx of players hitting the servers come January 01st 2007.

MayLee
Dec 11, 2006, 11:31 AM
On 2006-12-11 08:23, Akaimizu wrote:
I'm already starting to see a minor boom, on the servers, ever since this whole Christmas update came. I guess more people finally got convinced that they'll see content now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing the extra people and will help any way I can.

Same here. Universe 1-3 are fulll most the time.
Also, because of the boom in Ep 1 and 2 was because everyone shared servers.

Auronp
Dec 11, 2006, 02:21 PM
I've noticed more people coming on. Before the last update universe 1 was full and universe 2 was like at one or two stars. But now universes 1 and 2 are full with spill over into 3, so its not too bad.

Kaidenx
Dec 11, 2006, 02:22 PM
Boom is gonna drop since the meseta dupe was released. Wonder if Sega will do anything about it. Ah yeah..that's like wishing Santa Claus were true. ;(

Zarbolord
Dec 11, 2006, 02:26 PM
I think that we should wait for the Christmas Day and after as that's when presents are opened.... normally http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

fay
Dec 11, 2006, 02:27 PM
i think a thing that might b stopping a lot of player is the fact that they dont have access to a creadit card.

i dunno if its same for usa but over here in the uk we have to use a creadit card to get a lisence. since i only have a debit card i cant go online and i cba getting a creadit card just for it

Zarbolord
Dec 11, 2006, 02:30 PM
I got a credit cos it was high tile to get myself one, and in france it is better to get credit than debit...

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 11, 2006, 03:02 PM
Either way, most ppl will be gone due to final exams in college... ; ;

Sinue_v2
Dec 11, 2006, 03:16 PM
Not me!

Well... I am afk a lot working on finals, but I'm still logged in and contributing to one of those stars.