PDA

View Full Version : My experience with Axes

-Dainslef-
Dec 11, 2006, 01:50 PM
I've seen people curious about these, and now that I've used one a bit (PA lv 6, which trust me, is an ordeal), I thought I'd explain them a bit.

They are single-target (except the PA).

They swing for three slow, powerful hits.

The last (normal) swing causes knockdown status.

This is unusual, useful, and can set them up for your PA.

The ATA doesnt hurt that much. I'm doing Linear Line S, and normal attacks hit about 75% of the time from the front. The PA, however, only hits about 60% of the time from the front.

They're pretty fun. I wish I had the PA higher level for more testing, but they seem good, particularily on large beasts. Things like Tengohs, which you want to knock down, can easily get behind, and have low evasion anyhow get killed by Axe, it's probably the best weapon against them.

Have fun!

Stixx
Dec 11, 2006, 01:58 PM
One of the people in my static got the axe PA to 21 last night. He's loving the numbers he's throwing up and I've never heard him complain about accuracy issues...he's also having fun jumping over our Fortecher's head XD

PaladinRPG
Dec 11, 2006, 02:02 PM
Yep. Time the axe's 3rd hit right and always try to attack from behind. It works out decently on the Tengohg. Otherwise, you also might want to use the PA to break up a group.

Ammy
Dec 11, 2006, 02:03 PM
I just got a hold of an 8* 14% dark axe, and that small jump in ATA definitely helps.

When i swing i notice I barely miss anymore, and any 0 i actually have is when i hit multiple enemies with my PA and it misses one but hits the other.

Getting a tero and buying an ATA unit definitely helped, considering im a beast.

I totally love the axe now that I've gotten used to it, just takes ages to level the PA

Stixx
Dec 11, 2006, 02:04 PM
Oh, another thing. When you jump during the PA (post level 11) you can actually turn midair and smack the mob in the back. It's quite fun.

-Dainslef-
Dec 11, 2006, 02:26 PM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention I'm a Beast. Any thoughts what elements to go with? =p

Stixx
Dec 11, 2006, 02:30 PM
I always say Ice is a safe element to go with because there's only a few ice monsters in the game (I think there's 5...2 on Moat, 3 on Neudaiz) and tons of fire monsters.

Thoridan
Dec 11, 2006, 02:30 PM
at PA lv.6 you cant begin to know how good a weapon is. Get it to atleast 21, then give us you're opinion.

albel399
Dec 11, 2006, 02:31 PM
Another thing I have experienced is elements are an axes strong point, even the weakest made axe with 10% still gets a 100 atp boost. I would love to try a 50% boost.

Ammy
Dec 11, 2006, 02:58 PM
I guess dark element wouldn't be too bad either.

its only a few days til we get new S ranks anyways, now Neu relics is all light, seems pretty safe.

also, i remember buying quite a few of my decent weapons before patch from your store Dainslef http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Wheatpenny
Dec 11, 2006, 03:19 PM
i got axe to 11 last night and I have to say the wonderful leaping ability (VERY reminicent of Dragoon from FF) is a great attack,very damaging.I am pleased http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Thoridan
Dec 11, 2006, 04:38 PM
nice. can't wait to get my axe to 11. I got my single claw and double claw both past 11. The single claw PWNS. Its hard to see all the little numbers..they are so close together...but the second hit has to be atleast 5 hits in one second. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Dainslef-
Dec 11, 2006, 07:11 PM
=) I'm glad you liked my shop, Ammy!

I heard the new S ranks will be Plains Overlord S.

WildChai
Dec 11, 2006, 07:39 PM
There is no point to axe.... Twin Dagger easily out damages it and knocks mobs down once your PA reaches 21.

Cav
Dec 11, 2006, 07:44 PM
On 2006-12-11 16:39, WildChai wrote:
There is no point to axe.... Twin Dagger easily out damages it and knocks mobs down once your PA reaches 21.

Guess fun went out the window, for maximum efficiency lets all be figunners and use twin daggers all day.

hucast21
Dec 11, 2006, 07:48 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWMrj_MG1gI

Ammy
Dec 12, 2006, 12:59 AM
That second axe PA looks awesome, you just grab the thing and hurl it around and hit everything in your path.

Also is it just me, ( I just got off work and am tired ) or did I see the double saber gets three PAs?

Pengfishh
Dec 12, 2006, 01:03 AM
Double Saber DOES get three. Madness.

HerdsmanOfYrr
Dec 12, 2006, 01:19 AM

two things a) axe has the highest boost to atp so nothing will out damage someone who learns to use it and b) who cares if twin dagger can knock down with pa 21 when the axe does it on strike 3 normal

Deja
Dec 12, 2006, 01:35 AM
Nah, when you hit 600 X 2 on the first PA, knock the huge enemies on their butt so they don't hit you or your teammates, then you jump in for 600 X 2 more, then do a double slice for 1200 X 2.

Totally no point to it...totally. When we all get to high levels and get better axes, they will be BY FAR the most damaging things out there.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 12, 2006, 02:47 AM
for great justice!

(I think max efficientcy would be 6 forces spaming gidiga http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)

Kaidenx
Dec 12, 2006, 02:56 AM
I agree with Cav +9k points to em'

-Ryuki-
Dec 12, 2006, 07:29 AM
You know.. I was almost able to afford a 22% Dark-elemented Ank Tomho, but I was 10K short. Went to go farm that last 10K, came back, and someone had bought it already.

...Guess that's what happens when it's 85K, and you don't have meseta. =/

So now, the first and currently only axe I bought, costed 75050, and I was able to afford the PA for it (being that I had enough for the axe before, after it was bought).

-Ryuki-
Dec 12, 2006, 07:32 AM
Oh, I forgot. I really enjoy the axe, other than the fact that it only hits single enemies (on a regular attack, that is). The sluggish-ness was expected, but the single-targeting wasn't.

Cause_I_Own_U
Dec 12, 2006, 08:29 AM
Axes with 50% element would fucin rape

Deus-Irae
Dec 12, 2006, 08:38 AM
ill have to get my hands on one to try it out.

but so far all i can say about axes is: they are damn ugly! :/

Realmz
Dec 12, 2006, 08:45 AM
On 2006-12-11 22:03, Pengfishh wrote:
Double Saber DOES get three. Madness.

technically they all have three. Tornado dance is the ultimate PA, gravity dance (which is the third PA in the movie) is the second PA for double sabers that will be from stores

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Realmz on 2006-12-12 06:17 ]</font>

Wheatpenny
Dec 12, 2006, 11:32 AM

When I get Axe to 30 and Fortefighter to 20 you come and watch me lay waste to everything then make an assesment on your statement's legitimacy.

Stixx
Dec 12, 2006, 11:40 AM
Let me say one thing. As a Figunner I know that my role is basically crowd control. I have an S rank in weapons that have PAs that are good at dealing with groups of enemies. Fortefighters, on the other hand, excell at killing. That's their job and they're damn good at it. A Fortefighter with a PA leveled to the same level as a Figunner of the same level will always do more damage.