PDA

View Full Version : I love Dual Sabers.

Nestahima
Dec 11, 2006, 07:15 PM
For some reason I don't see many people with them. Also, I get a lot of people telling me that I'm incredibly stupid by using Dual Sabers... people tell me to go single saber/gun or dual daggers.

Am I really that stupid?

P_C_A
Dec 11, 2006, 07:18 PM
I don't know.

Stixx
Dec 11, 2006, 07:18 PM
No. I love my dual sabers as well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif. Once the PA hits 21 it's absolutely AMAZING in crowds. Really, the only thing that irks me with them is that I can't seem to hit three spots on the bigger bosses (De Ragan in particular). With the third hit in the combo, you can spin it and hit everything around you in a...um...270 degree arc I'd say. It's quite amazing if you're surrounded.

Weakness
Dec 11, 2006, 07:19 PM
I would say use whatever you like the most. Everything is this game is more for looks/fasion then practical use anyway.

Nestahima
Dec 11, 2006, 07:20 PM
I haven't even gotten to De Regan on my character yet, currently level 8 hehe.

Astarin
Dec 11, 2006, 07:38 PM
Dual Sabers are great for the pop-up effect on their Photon Arts; perfect for breaking up a crowd if you're alone or overwhelmed.

Plus, they're just stylin'.

Ryoki
Dec 11, 2006, 07:44 PM
On 2006-12-11 16:15, Nestahima wrote:
For some reason I don't see many people with them. Also, I get a lot of people telling me that I'm incredibly stupid by using Dual Sabers... people tell me to go single saber/gun or dual daggers.

Am I really that stupid?

No. Dual Saber rules. But DO use Dual Daggers. Regardless of how awesome Dual Sabers get, I'm always the Dual Daggers guy. RENKAI FTW!

________
Celta (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/Chevrolet_Celta)

Reiichi
Dec 11, 2006, 07:51 PM
I <3 Double Saber

I think it's the best weapon overall out there for most normal situations (non boss/large)

But as for the PA....

1st hit isn't that powerful, but trips monsters quickly (takes a while to get to the knockdown with dagger pa) and is perfect to use as is on a pair of spell casters or at the end of a combo.

2nd hit is pure looks. Only 2 hits x 2 targets with massive knockback. Looks good, but I rarely use.

3rd hit is wtf how much did I just do in damage. Slow slow slow startup. Feels like I stand there for 2 seconds before the attack comes out. But when it does it's nice damage. Useless on bosses since you'll surely be hit or evade cancel before you actually get it off. On leaders or large monsters or when you're killing something strong by yourself and noone will mind the knockback it's nice. Still I don't use it very often =/

-----------

But that normal attack of a double saber is like a dream come true. You hit literally everything in like 180 degrees of the direction you face. No need to line up targets with a spear, no need to bunch monsters together with a sword, you just face them all and attack away. You can even stand inbetween 2 monsters on the left and right and attack them both. First hit of the PA can hit them too. There's almost no need for lock on combat either as you can just free aim your attacks.

Small monsters grouped together: double saber.
Monsters spread apart: stand inbetween and double saber
Large monsters with multiple hit boxes: spear.... but a double saber can also do in a pinch!

Only drawback I have on the double saber besides not liking the 21+ PA much is that the ATA on it is abysmal.

Candor
Dec 11, 2006, 08:06 PM
... we talking about double sabers or twin sabers? seems like people are on different pages

albel399
Dec 11, 2006, 08:09 PM
No. Dual Saber rules. But DO use Dual Daggers. Regardless of how awesome Dual Sabers get, I'm always the Dual Daggers guy. RENKAI FTW!

Everyone is a Dual Daggers guy

Ronzeru
Dec 11, 2006, 08:28 PM
The PA 21+? Are you kiddin' me? Unless you're a beast of course with lower acc I guess, the ATA on it owns. I've had no problems going through A ranks missions, and barely wiffing at all with any part of that PA as a human. That shit tears everything appart, especially large creatures with multiple points. And it isn't as hard to aim the PA as a lot of people make it sound.

(Well, at least to me it isn't. I'm not bragging. I just said that, because i'm stating that as a personal opinnion, not a fact. I'm not saying anyone who can't control the direction a PA goes is an idiot, and just clearing that up so that theren's no chance of me getting blamed for doing that as a misunderstanding. )

Carbinne
Dec 11, 2006, 08:46 PM
Calling the double-bladed saber a double saber was probably the most retarded naming choice Sega did for the weapons. People can't seem to grasp the difference between Twin Sabers and Double Sabers. Sega could have called it a Double Blade or something so that people wouldn't get confused, but did they, noo...

VelosofLight
Dec 11, 2006, 08:48 PM
On 2006-12-11 17:46, Carbinne wrote:
Calling the double-bladed saber a double saber was probably the most retarded naming choice Sega did for the weapons. People can't seem to grasp the difference between Twin Sabers and Double Sabers. Sega could have called it a Double Blade or something so that people wouldn't get confused, but did they, noo...

I think I'dve gone with 'Pole-Saber' or 'Staff-Saber' or something.

Ronzeru
Dec 11, 2006, 08:48 PM
Sega isn't retarded. Everyone else is. It's been called a Double Saber for how long in Phantasy Star history? Twin means its a twin set. Double mean its a saber with two blades on the same weapon. It's kinda obvious.

That's like people calling McDonalds dumb for not having a "The coffer is hot" warning written on a coffe cup..... damn, this makes me wanna slap a lot of you.

Nestahima
Dec 11, 2006, 08:57 PM
I mean DUAL SABERS. Not Double Saber. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Candor
Dec 11, 2006, 08:59 PM
See, that's it. they're called twin sabers. dual causes confusion (at least it does for me).

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 11, 2006, 09:29 PM
ok, why don't we use these names from now on:
Darth Mauls= The Staff thingy with 2 blades on each side
Musashis = One sword being held in both hands
But seriously, it was kind of a dumb idea for some people to call Double Sabers "Twin Sabers" in the PSO days and the Musashis as "Twin Swords"(just check the PSO item database if you wanna know what I mean). I don't mind the Twin Swords for the Musashis but the "Twin Sabers" for the Double Sabers annoyed me a bit cuz it was pretty similar.

Ryoki
Dec 11, 2006, 11:05 PM
On 2006-12-11 17:48, Ronzeru wrote:
Sega isn't retarded. Everyone else is. It's been called a Double Saber for how long in Phantasy Star history? Twin means its a twin set. Double mean its a saber with two blades on the same weapon. It's kinda obvious.

That's like people calling McDonalds dumb for not having a "The coffer is hot" warning written on a coffe cup..... damn, this makes me wanna slap a lot of you.

Wasn't the Double Saber called twin saber in PSO? I thought it was Twin Brand, Twin Saber, so forth. Twin Sabers were known as Twin swords back then. And twin daggers were just daggers.

________
Ball bearing (lexus) history (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Ball_Bearing_(Lexus))

VanHalen
Dec 11, 2006, 11:06 PM
i love them espically when you make the GRM brand ones Earth color

Umberger
Dec 11, 2006, 11:08 PM
Yeah...well Twin Sabers and so forth were rares. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

So were some/most of the *what we now call* Twin Sabers.

Kirip-san
Dec 11, 2006, 11:27 PM
<3 PA @ 21.
They're so fun to use and watch~nyo. *watches all monsters fly across the room and dying*
Don't let other people tell you what to do. If you love them, use 'em.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Like me~nyo.

x3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kirip-san on 2006-12-11 20:28 ]</font>

VanHalen
Dec 11, 2006, 11:31 PM
and me with swords im not gonna conform to a spear just cause everyone says its better

Stixx
Dec 12, 2006, 02:23 AM
I've always used spears, so I'm glad they're better http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

omegapirate2k
Dec 12, 2006, 03:37 AM
I like the dual sabers, I'm trying to level up the PA for my dual slashers to 21+ so I can get it's third combo.

Alisha
Dec 12, 2006, 05:08 AM
Rising Crush > De Regans neck http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 12, 2006, 08:00 AM
my rising crush is just about to max out, its at level 27 and its been less than a week since the update. skills sure level up fast when u get that 3rd move.

Minswune
Dec 12, 2006, 08:12 AM
All this reading of "Dual Sabers" is making my head hurt <.<

Twin Saber = 2 swords, one in each hand

Double Saber = Darth Maul weapon D;

Polenicus
Dec 12, 2006, 10:28 AM
Twin Sabers are still staples in my arsenal, and I love them to death (I don't use them much at the moment since I'm levelling my Doublesaber PA, but I'll go back to them). The PA is definitely tactical rather than straight damage (Well, except on bosses with multiple strike points. I shudder to think what that PA will do to De Ragan using Twin Crea sabers).

Basically, if you like them, and your playstyle supports them, USE THEM. If people rag on you for using them, prove them wrong by playing well. The only weapon you're a fool for using is the one you don't like. People who select their weapons purely on damage numbers need to go play WoW and leave us the hell alone.

However, I will make one recommendation: Since Twin Sabers' strength comes from its PA, I'd strongly recommend going with GRM or Yohmei twins rather than Tenora, unless you've got the scratch to carry around two or three sets of the Tenora swords.

Thoridan
Dec 12, 2006, 10:43 AM
THE BEST weapon in game = Knuckles. Slightly slower then dagger (2nd fastest hits in game) and it gets NO attention, just cuz you guys are conformist morons.

2nd best weapon = One handed claw. It's lvl 11+pa hits like 10 times in one second. You cant even county all the numbers that fly while its doing its rotation drill forward thingy. Completly pwns.

Stop talking about ds, ts, and dd...they suck. Get knuckles and single claw, lvl knuckles to 21 then lvl claw to 11. You'll agree.

Ronzeru
Dec 12, 2006, 03:03 PM
I have knuckles leveled past 21, and still see more damage flying out with Double Sabers. Not to mention they dish out the same damage to everything around'em pratically at the same time, rather than just a single target infront of'em. Double Sabers rock out with their photonic cocks out.

CyarVictor
Dec 12, 2006, 04:35 PM
I'm actually switching over to twin sabers. My friend has a level 22 pa for them and it rocks. I'm not liking the twin daggers due to lack of punch they have to interrupt an enemy till the very end of the third hit. Great damage yeah, but it's not fun being pumpled by three bil de vears mid-combo. But if you like the weapon use it, no need to go for the "it's the best, the greatest, by the book sorta deal." Use what you want and how you want to.