PDA

View Full Version : Tips on photon conservation with Tenora Guns?

Nestahima
Dec 11, 2006, 10:20 PM
Saw 4 star B rank Tenora dual pistols going for 1.5k in a shop and decided to get them for fun. I grinded them to +4, and they work fairly well. I have trouble saving PP with them though. Any hints?

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 11, 2006, 10:24 PM
Don't use them often. I use my dual handguns for only flying monsters where it's most effective. Of course, my dual handguns are beatguns. My single handgun is a Bduki Be and paired with my one handed dagger, so it recharges with melee attacks.

Basically, you have to be semi conservative with them if they're dual, if it's a single, use it, and then use the melee as it charges again.

THE JACKEL

MXdude
Dec 11, 2006, 10:27 PM
buy lots of dual handguns. I have 4-5 with me at all times because i like using them so much. T'is the only way to save Dualies PP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MXdude on 2006-12-11 19:27 ]</font>

ProfessorZ
Dec 11, 2006, 10:28 PM
Those guns are only good for Fortegunners because PP costs are cut back

VelosofLight
Dec 11, 2006, 10:29 PM
I use Tenora Dualies as my trump-guns. When I have something I really want to make dead, I whip 'em out. Really though, Yohmei or GRM ones'd probably be better, and use a Tenora single handgun.

Nestahima
Dec 11, 2006, 10:35 PM
Sigh. Just broke two 5-star shotguns grinding them past one. [face_plain]

Grinding SUCKS in PSU.

MXdude
Dec 11, 2006, 10:38 PM
But grinding in PSO was too easy. I think maybe instead of it breaking completely, have it like go back to 0 and then only be able to grind that up to 9. And if that breaks, have it go back to 0 and maybe only be able to go up to 7 or something, then back to 0 if that breaks, then only be able to grind to 5. Just a thought. I dont like the grinding in either game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MXdude on 2006-12-11 19:39 ]</font>

Laranas
Dec 11, 2006, 10:53 PM
On 2006-12-11 19:38, MXdude wrote:
But grinding in PSO was too easy. I think maybe instead of it breaking completely, have it like go back to 0 and then only be able to grind that up to 9. And if that breaks, have it go back to 0 and maybe only be able to go up to 7 or something, then back to 0 if that breaks, then only be able to grind to 5. Just a thought. I dont like the grinding in either game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MXdude on 2006-12-11 19:39 ]</font>
Grinding in PSO was easy but limited. I prefer having my rares be just about the same strength as everyone elses rather than have grinding be a giant meseta sink in the game.

Alpha-Hunter
Dec 11, 2006, 11:08 PM
either carry 4 tenora duelies or get yohmei guns. mixing yohmei and grm seems to be the best solution with a single tenora to compliment your single melee weapon (if you don't use spears).

juno-6
Dec 12, 2006, 12:57 AM
what the jackel says is right.

i carry 2 tenora dualies +4 and 2 GRM dualis +2 and just constantly switch off. BUT HERE IS SOME IMPORTANT ADVICE!!!! unless your soloing, dont spam the gunfire - shoot at a slow pace if your in a party and let the guys with the PA's hit the x n' y button a million times. the pistols should be there for support damage and staus effects and only as a killing machine when your bored, lol or as a last resort or.....(sorry).....if you can afford the pp for a lil' while.

but yeah, the reason for owning tenora dualies is to feel cool n be able to kill stuff so i totally understand where your coming from.....just get 4 of em, grind em all to +4 and rotate in battle.

p.s- sorry for the rant and mumble jumble.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 12, 2006, 01:13 AM
Just buy/make 3 or 4, stop trying to use them to KILL stuff, instead inflict your status ailment then move to another monster, fire status on that, then let the hunter pick it off, then heal the hunter, and you'll be fine PP wise.

Oh wait, this applies to guntechers, because Fortegunners actually do not need the high ATA of Tenora guns.

Dragonkat
Dec 12, 2006, 01:58 AM
How to conserve?

Simple answer is you can't, period, it's tenora. =p

Save them for when you really want something dead, for me that's worms. As I stay mobile and lay down the gunfire. Severe annoyances like Jabras, where strafing away from megid is a must. And flying mobs of course. The high ATA makes mizura swatting easier too, but I'd say even then only as a cast or newman.

Easy targets like Golmons and the big jumpy ice beasts on Moatoob (whatever they're called) work well too. Or small ageeta type mobs to save PP on your bigger weapons. But if you're trying to drop any super hard target like a kamatoze or bil de ver with dualies, all you're doing is wasting ammo. Hope you brought 5 along.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 12, 2006, 02:11 AM
"Conservation of PP" and "Tenora" do not belong in the same sentence.

HINT: All the smart people use Yohmei and GRM.

juno-6
Dec 12, 2006, 02:12 AM
Dragonkat brought up another good point. I generally make sure i hit each enemy at least 2-3 times in order and then help out whoever. dont concentrat on one enemy. strafe like a mofo n' make yo money.

AC9breaker
Dec 12, 2006, 03:00 AM
It all boils down to how you play. I personally use a variety of different weapons with different elements for different situations. I usually however carry two sets of dualies with me though becuase they're really effective at laying down some hurt and preventing damage to yourself by being moblile. They're the most choice guns to use when soloing, also grinding improves their attack which means less PP used per enemy to take him out. the difference becomes noticable for just about every weapon when you hit +5. So if you play the grinding game right and get to plus five and dont wanna take a risk, then its good time to call it a done deal.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 12, 2006, 03:26 AM
On 2006-12-11 23:11, Garnet_Moon wrote:

"All the smart people" are plainly dumb.

AC9breaker
Dec 12, 2006, 04:47 AM
/concur's

Merumeru
Dec 12, 2006, 07:34 AM
XD recharge at the base after every block, takes less than a minute!

RadiantLegend
Dec 12, 2006, 08:41 AM
Buy more!!

Genobee
Dec 12, 2006, 08:51 AM
To tell you the truth..... Tenora dualies realy suck because of there lack of PP, I realy wouldn't recomened them.... But hower ever, the Tenora Machine gun and Pistol totaly Roxxors. IF you run out of ammo, jsut use whatever you have in the other hand for a bit and it should recharge enough to use it again, believe it or not a grinded 6* star tenora's pp grinded to 4, I never run out of ammo unless I'm fighting a A rank Tenhogh or wahtever, I have a Kubara/tenora pistol grinded to 4 and it has like 550 pp and it does about 200 dmg. If your worried about pp with tenora you can always go with the Kubara version of it, LOoks great and has great stats.

Vhex
Dec 12, 2006, 08:52 AM
As per Tenora pistols, I suggest not using them too often, as they are not the best choice for handguns due to their odd PP defficiency. If you must, team them with another weapon you plan on using most of the time and use the handgun minimally, tagging sparily. You can waste all your ammo trying to kill a single Shagreece, (Wyvren thing in parum) so be careful.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 12, 2006, 09:30 AM
On 2006-12-12 05:51, Genobee wrote:
To tell you the truth..... Tenora dualies realy suck because of there lack of PP, I realy wouldn't recomened them....

To tell you the truth... Genobee's opinion realy sucks because of his lack of IQ... and overuse of ellipses... I really wouldn't recommend it...

Seriously though how in the FUCK do you people use so much PP on dual handguns? I have three. Two Tenoras, one Kubara swap of a tenora. I put the element in the that is most useful for the area. If monsters cast techs, I use ground. If they attack with melee, I use plasma. If they are out and out annoying (megid users, worms,) I use ice.

This is how it works. Shoot a monster. Shoot it til it is status impaired. Run to another monster, that one is done now. Shoot it. Shoot it til it is status impaired. Run to another monster, that one is done now. Shoot it. Shoot it til it is status impaired. Hunters/forces not killed the first one yet? Status run out? Shoot it. Shoot it til it is status impaired.

So you see, this is how I THOUGHT rangers operated, but the entire game must be way ahead of me, I guess I suck. I guess what you were SUPPOSED to do was to shoot and shoot with your <cute diminutive suffix> "duellies" </cute diminutive suffix> until shit hit the floor, and just ignore what everyone else was doing bcause you were toting GUNZZZZZ.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-12-12 06:31 ]</font>

Dragonkat
Dec 12, 2006, 10:29 AM
Eh I'd say you're both right depending on the situation. I've been known to totally unload my ice twins on those friggin worms till I hear click click click =p

Other days, specially with casters, its strafe and tag, stick and move, and let the status love spread. Least ones you can nail with level 2 effects.

I do disagree on using Yohmei twins though, but thats a playstyle preference again. For me the twins come out when I want something dead, and I want it dead now. Low PP be damned I want quick fast damage and Yohmei's just don't hack it when you're being swarmed.

Yohmei is great all purpose if you plan to use twins for entire maps, and certainly the better gun for status inflicting over damage due to the PP tank.

But rifles and grenades have better status levels for a Fortegunner if that's your thing. And if you're going Figunner then Tenora's damage just suits the class better, as guns make a handy backup or alt choice over the many melee choices they have.

But yeah in all honesty it does boil down to preference and playstyle more then anything, for me it's Tenora all the way.

On a side note, dear god yes Tenora single pistols are complete beasts when it comes to damage, and even ungrinded about impossible to run out of PP. Even more so when you pair them with a Yohmei dagger in your R hand for PA spamming goodness.

Though the Kubara wood use made me curious, what exactly is the difference if you use it instead of mot ash?

Genobee
Dec 12, 2006, 11:00 AM
On 2006-12-12 06:30, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2006-12-12 05:51, Genobee wrote:
To tell you the truth..... Tenora dualies realy suck because of there lack of PP, I realy wouldn't recomened them....

To tell you the truth... Genobee's opinion realy sucks because of his lack of IQ... and overuse of
ellipses... I really wouldn't recommend it...

Seriously though how in the FUCK do you people use so much PP on dual handguns? I have three. Two Tenoras, one Kubara swap of a tenora. I put the element in the that is most useful for the area. If monsters cast techs, I use ground. If they attack with melee, I use plasma. If they are out and out annoying (megid users, worms,) I use ice.

This is how it works. Shoot a monster. Shoot it til it is status impaired. Run to another monster, that one is done now. Shoot it. Shoot it til it is status impaired. Run to another monster, that one is done now. Shoot it. Shoot it til it is status impaired. Hunters/forces not killed the first one yet? Status run out? Shoot it. Shoot it til it is status impaired.

So you see, this is how I THOUGHT rangers operated, but the entire game must be way ahead of me, I guess I suck. I guess what you were SUPPOSED to do was to shoot and shoot with your <cute diminutive suffix> "duellies" </cute diminutive suffix> until shit hit the floor, and just ignore what everyone else was doing bcause you were toting GUNZZZZZ.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-12-12 06:31 ]</font>

Wow, do you just like to fail horribly or are you just retarded?

6*'s only have 629 pp thats less then a 1* rifle and those run out too, Sure if you have 3 of them, yea that fine but if they are you only pair of dualies and you use other weapons then yea they fucking suck, No PP= NO damage if you haven't noticed.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 12, 2006, 11:11 AM
Hahaha you are WRONG.

ChrisKo
Dec 12, 2006, 11:14 AM
No worries Genobee,

You are a moron because -Shimarisu- says so http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif, even though it is only because you disagree with her/its ignorant opinion. She constantly tries to seem inteligent and pass her play style and mindset off on others as truth. RATHER PATHETIC.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 12, 2006, 11:21 AM
By god they have over 2/3rds the PP of GRM! And way more damage! And cost nothing to churn out a ton!

And wait, wait, ranger weapons hardly run out of PP at all right? Cause they have so much. Almost TOO much, for the thing that rangers need to do, which is support! I mean what the hell is going on, this cannot be a fair situation at all.

I hardly run out of PP ever, ever, surely this means I should be nerfed? I mean, Sega what were you thinking? Help me sega, I have too much PP. I have so much, it's bleeding out of all my major orifices, and I fear i would bleed to death were it not pumping through my veins with such virile verosity I fear I might burst.

Wheatpenny
Dec 12, 2006, 11:25 AM
On 2006-12-11 23:11, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Tenora Dualies are meant to inflict MORE damage than the other dualies at the expense of pooper PP Either carry more than one set or use a set of pistolas with higher pp like Yohmei if you want more ammo.

ChrisKo
Dec 12, 2006, 11:26 AM
Glad I dont play with people like you. PATHETIC.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 12, 2006, 11:29 AM
Wow I never ever want to play with you, oh wait I probably would not notice nor give a shit, nor hold a grudge over a stupid thread on an internet message board.