PDA

View Full Version : I want to disable inspection.

Laranas
Dec 11, 2006, 11:06 PM
Seriously, is anyone else tired of people humping your character to check your items and such?

I just hit Lv55 (call me a loser if you want, I'm a 4.0 student that's put 250 hours in this game from launch and make ~$1500 a week working in between) and I can barely sit in outposts anymore. Even on the most remote servers there's always one guy who walks up to me, says nothing, and just stands there for a good 30 seconds.

I don't have anything good, I use C-rank weapons and B-rank armor. I'm seriously sick of this. Why can't SEGA allow you to disable free inspection?

PS. It's also annoying when people join your game, check your status, and insist you show them a PA and/or weapon. Stop it, people.

EphekZ
Dec 11, 2006, 11:07 PM
riiight...I see how the second thing could be an issue but the first.so what? not hurting you.

Laranas
Dec 11, 2006, 11:10 PM
People standing around me like flies when I'm afk'ing or just waiting for someone. It's not as bad when I'm on Uni 10 (coincidentally is that the official German server?), but when I go to Uni 01/02 for PUGs it's just annoying to see.

It's not like WoW where you can duel someone after checking their stuff... there's no point to it.

hucast21
LOL. I get the same attention from people.

When I bought the axe right after the update, players were asking me to show them the PA for it. They wanted to see it action before they buy said weapon apparently.

happy_cricket
Good god some people will bitch about anything.

Laranas
Dec 11, 2006, 11:11 PM
On 2006-12-11 20:10, happy_cricket wrote:
Good god some people will bitch about anything.I had a pretty good day, both at school and online. Even Dimma was pretty complient today, so I had to bitch about something.

Just a coincidence I was wallhumped at LL while deciding what thread to make.

DarkSeph
Dec 11, 2006, 11:11 PM
I didn't even know about the inspection part for quite some time.....Honestly I can see how it is a problem and how it isn't. It's rather the same issue as people humping your character with animations while your freaking stocking your shop in your own room!!! (that's where it happens the most to me anyways) And the occasional comments follow as well. But I basically just ignore it and move on....and that is what your gonna have to do as well...

On a side note...I HAVE checked a few people's stats before while waiting for a full party....(cuz fearless leader couldn't start without 6 on a B rank mission.....*rolls eyes*).....And DAMN! People travel around with a Buttload of Meseta....I've seen one guy with 300K Bank.....Are they worried it will dissappear if they leave it in their storage?

Just a thought....

Flamingo99
Dec 11, 2006, 11:12 PM

you can

1) join games and stop sitting around doing nothing
2) go into a very unpopulated server and sit around doing nothing
3) get over the fact that people are curious and would like to see what you have.

I mean.... come on, unless you cheated your way through grade school, your an intelligent kid. Who gives a crap if someone comes and looks at your equip. Just walk away from him....

hucast21
Dec 11, 2006, 11:12 PM
BTW - I have no problem showing players the axe PA. It just seems like everytime I join a party, I get the same request.

Laranas
Dec 11, 2006, 11:14 PM
On 2006-12-11 20:12, Flamingo99 wrote:

you can

1) join games and stop sitting around doing nothing
2) go into a very unpopulated server and sit around doing nothing
3) get over the fact that people are curious and would like to see what you have.

I mean.... come on, unless you cheated your way through grade school, your an intelligent kid. Who gives a crap if someone comes and looks at your equip. Just walk away from him....

A good post except for the fact that I mentioned that this happens when I
1) AFK, so chances are there's a reason I'm not in a game. Waiting for people is an even better reason
2) I mentioned I'm on very unpopulated serves but there's always 1
3) No. I want to complain. It makes PA grinding funner.

[EDIT] I never played FFXI, try again

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Laranas on 2006-12-11 20:15 ]</font>

Careful
Dec 11, 2006, 11:14 PM
gb2 ffxi

MayLee
Dec 11, 2006, 11:17 PM
I only hate it because people will ask and pester you to sell them a item you have. or just give it to them

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 11, 2006, 11:19 PM
I've seen one guy with 300K Bank.....Are they worried it will dissappear if they leave it in their storage?

Acutally yes... yes I am and its happened.

Kaloa
Dec 11, 2006, 11:34 PM
*shrugs* I like going around looking at what other people have. I often find myself checking out other forces to see what weapons and photon arts they've been using most. I guess I just like to know how I compare to other forces and seeing what equipment and such is the most popular amoung my peers. I never would have imagined that people would be so bothered by it.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 11, 2006, 11:37 PM
grinded tomirods ftw http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif have yet to actually see a Fo with an A rank weapon in a game.

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 11, 2006, 11:38 PM
On 2006-12-11 20:06, Laranas wrote:
Seriously, is anyone else tired of people humping your character to check your items and such?

I just hit Lv55 (call me a loser if you want, I'm a 4.0 student that's put 250 hours in this game from launch and make ~$1500 a week working in between) and I can barely sit in outposts anymore. Even on the most remote servers there's always one guy who walks up to me, says nothing, and just stands there for a good 30 seconds.

I don't have anything good, I use C-rank weapons and B-rank armor. I'm seriously sick of this. Why can't SEGA allow you to disable free inspection?

PS. It's also annoying when people join your game, check your status, and insist you show them a PA and/or weapon. Stop it, people.

If your a female character im probably staring at your breasts.

Cav
Dec 11, 2006, 11:40 PM
If you're afk, why do you care? you aren't at the keyboard.

Relam
Dec 11, 2006, 11:45 PM
Hey guys! Stop checking out my weiner! I know it's like a foot long but seriously quit it!

Laranas
Dec 11, 2006, 11:46 PM
I admit I am a bit anal about the lack of social skills people have, so maybe it's that. It just urks me that people find it ok to get it the face of someone else and not properly acknowledge their presence (greet, "excuse me", something!)

Which even I think is a bit excessive, but sometimes there's a nice element of suprise when no one knows what you're packing. Lv? Fine. Type? I'll live. Meseta, weapons, photon arts? GTFO of my business.

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 11, 2006, 11:49 PM
IM IN UR FACE CHECKING UR WEPONZ AN MESETA!

Laranas
Dec 11, 2006, 11:52 PM
On 2006-12-11 20:49, AlphaMinotaux wrote:
IM IN UR FACE CHECKING UR WEPONZ AN MESETA!

I'm so screening it the next time it happens to photoshop this

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 11, 2006, 11:55 PM
I see what people have equipped, but the amazing thing is they never know. AS someone runs by and their name appears, I hit enter, guess what, you can see all their stuff as they run away, until they leave that area. OR, I'll run by someone, see their level, and see what they have equipped. Just out of curiousity really.

THE JACKEL

Mystil
Dec 12, 2006, 08:54 AM
On 2006-12-11 20:17, MayLee wrote:
I only hate it because people will ask and pester you to sell them a item you have. or just give it to them

Ha.

This is how I got someones partner card. I suppose the moment he checked my status and saw that I was literally sitting on money, he started spamming my mail with requests to come to his shop. I'm just like the OP. I'm super gimp in the weapon department and I'll stay that way til my PM is able to synth 5*s.