PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry if you've seen this question but i need help

The_Gio
Dec 12, 2006, 03:52 AM
ok well im on pc btw. since the update done like a month or so ago, My load times have severely gone up.So I uninstalled and reinstalled to see if it would fix it but it didnt. I figured out what the problem is, its has to do with the fact that I have Textures selected to Compressed. I can run the game with out it being compressed but then its all laggy,not slow down mode but laggy.So I was wondering if you guys know how to fix this...So if you guys have a link to a post to have something to do with this or if you have an answer to help me i would appreciate it alot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Gio on 2006-12-12 00:53 ]</font>

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 12, 2006, 04:44 AM
first thing I would do is defragment your hdd.

if its not fixed then

you better look into spyware/virus scanning you may be infected.

if its not fixed then

you better go ahead and do a fresh format on your hdd and reinstall windows and your game, get all of your new drivers and windows updates and things so you have a fresh system.

if its not fixed then

its hardware, probably your ram. take one stick out and try it, then swich them out (assuming you have 2 DIMMS)

if its not fixed then, get back with me.

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 12, 2006, 05:10 AM
On a note about a week ago i got consistant lag every 2 mins. 2 lag spikes every 2 mins. Some one on here said it was due to gameguard.

Also the moatoob update increased the load times for entering a new zone for everyone.

Try setting your frameskip to at least 1 or higher. I play with frameskip 1 and it looks real good as compared to 0 framskip.

The_Gio
Dec 12, 2006, 05:59 AM
maybe its defraging my computer but i dont think i should reinstall windows cuz it runs fine with textures set to normal,fine as in it doesnt take long to load so i'm thinking maybe it has something to do with my hdd or the game but i just decided to run the game at 640 x 480. There so many corners but ill suck it up

Ogni-XR21
Dec 12, 2006, 06:02 AM
One thing that reduces load times in when entering blocks is setting your gfx-card to "no anti-aliasing".
Missions that are outside are always a bit slow for me since the first update - they changed something about the mid-mapping which slows my game down (no problem in story mode at all).

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 12, 2006, 06:21 AM
a windows install only does good things for a pc, the average user has so much trash on there computer it would run 2x faster. even if you dont think you need a fresh install you probably do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I wouldnt call hdd failure because you would notice it on everything, reguardless of setting.

most definitly if its hardware would say ram first, thats where the texture data is stored, untill page fileing happens anyways.

but even a spyware/virus can cause things like that to happen. More than once I traced down a problem on sombodies computer in a game to be related to an infection that they had no other explanation for.

nobody on pso-w knows my background because this is where I just hang out for pso stuff but on guru3d.com im one of the top computer techs with like 8000 post and stickies and guides and a well known rep. In real life buidling computers is a hobby of mine and moding them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Merumeru
Dec 12, 2006, 06:32 AM
XD check to make sure all your running processes are legit, defrag/scan your computer or if you can get all your shit on a few DVDs, backup and system wipe! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Wheatpenny
Dec 12, 2006, 11:43 AM
I dunnow, I am on PS2 and I have one of the brand new slim ones I bought when PSU came out. And I have some of the same problems the OP described.I don't think its a PC issue more like a SEGA issue lol.