PDA

View Full Version : Monster Parts in PSU

Chill
Dec 12, 2006, 10:24 AM
People I've played with say that they've found monster partts (Vahra's nails and such) has anyone seen any of these things... and how would you go about making weapons from them? Thanks

EspioKaos
Dec 12, 2006, 10:30 AM
All of the monster parts I've found are just used for room decorations. Pannon jelly, Bul Buna lung, Vanda derma, Zoona muscle, etc. But, to answer your question, you need a synthesis board that requires specific monster parts to make a special weapon from them.

AngelLight
Dec 12, 2006, 10:35 AM
About the only mob part that can make weapons (as of now on the US) is the inverter circuits (from some robots) and Bulb swords......that is if you take the litteral meaning of mob parts. If however, you consider a mob part to be all things that have that little arch looking icon next to them then The Neta Notes can make both the single and paired versions of the Battle Fan and the Relic Edges that drop off of just about anything in Relics make crea type weapons. I dont think things like Svaltus Swords and Vahra weapons are out yet on the US, but I'd imagine it should be soon.

Wheatpenny
Dec 12, 2006, 11:28 AM
There is the Deljaban Arms that make dual sabers. and Vahra Nails that make Vahra Claws...Dunnow if the boards are out yet for em

Candor
Dec 12, 2006, 11:59 AM
the boards for the deljaban sabers (twin and single version) are out, haven't seen the Vahra Claw board yet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif probably in S rank Mad Creatures or Overlord

ZodiacNKnight
Dec 12, 2006, 12:02 PM
I belive the Vahra only drops the [B] Vahra Claw on S Rank.

AngelLight
Dec 12, 2006, 12:12 PM
It only makes me weep to see all of these MELEE weapons and little to no Ranger/Force Love in the rare department (so far). T_T

EspioKaos
Dec 12, 2006, 12:36 PM
On 2006-12-12 09:12, AngelLight wrote:
It only makes me weep to see all of these MELEE weapons and little to no Ranger/Force Love in the rare department (so far). T_T

I have to agree. But, rest assured there will be a decent number of rare ranger and force weapons coming our way over time. In the case of ones that are derived from enemy parts, there's a rod called a Gaozoran Rod that obviously comes from a drop by the Gaozoran in the HIVE. We won't see this until at least when the HIVE is unlocked. I haven't seen too much info on that one, but I'm looking forward to see what all it can do. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Wheatpenny
Dec 12, 2006, 01:17 PM
Forces get the almighty Psycho Wand. Rejoice.

Chill
Dec 13, 2006, 10:24 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif thx for the info

AlMcFly
Dec 13, 2006, 11:06 AM
On 2006-12-12 09:36, EspioKaos wrote:

I have to agree. But, rest assured there will be a decent number of rare ranger and force weapons coming our way over time. In the case of ones that are derived from enemy parts, there's a rod called a Gaozoran Rod that obviously comes from a drop by the Gaozoran in the HIVE. We won't see this until at least when the HIVE is unlocked. I haven't seen too much info on that one, but I'm looking forward to see what all it can do. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Seriously guys, you want ranger and force monster part weapons, but what REAL monsters have you seen that utilizes either of them. Honestly the only ones I can think of are those barta spamming humanoids in Neudaiz that MAYBE the creators can think of a wand to go with it. Or possibly a gun made out of the arms of a Grinna Bete C or S. Other than that, have you relly seen any other monsters? Most are extremely melee. I would rather they make up weapons according to logic than have them make up nonsensical weapons to appease people.

IceBeam
Dec 13, 2006, 11:11 AM
there r no weps like that for rangers cuz they slackin off right now i hope there will be soon tho......(daydreamin bout all the weps that PSO had....) but the will com soooooooooon

Wheatpenny
Dec 13, 2006, 11:23 AM
I want Vahra claws so i can pretend I am a vahra...

Alpha-Hunter
Dec 13, 2006, 11:31 AM
Grinna Bete arm automatic rifle FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turambar
Dec 13, 2006, 01:54 PM
These boards, as far as I can tell, are S-Rank only. Thus while you have the monster mats, the only boards available curretly is the Deljaban Saber. The Deljaban Blade you need for it is a serious bish though since its not a rare. So if someone else in the party gets it, you wouldn't know.

Zarbolord
Dec 13, 2006, 02:11 PM
Looks like you people forgot Svaltus Sword. But hey... I wonder if we'll get a Shagreece Wand? Bonus for fire techs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Alpha-Hunter
Dec 13, 2006, 02:16 PM
and what about the bat wing bow? didn't someone find the board online already? maybe not...

Kuya
Dec 13, 2006, 02:34 PM
Btw - I've seen the mob name Shagreece before - which mob are they?

Spacepest
Dec 13, 2006, 04:21 PM
On 2006-12-13 11:34, Kuya wrote:
Btw - I've seen the mob name Shagreece before - which mob are they?

Those annoying flying dragon thingies on Parum.

Dymalos
Dec 13, 2006, 04:57 PM
The Tengohg Ala is used to make the Tengohg Bow. It doesn't have much ATP but it is similar to the Crea Weapons in that it can hit two targets in one attack.

Turambar
Dec 13, 2006, 05:02 PM
How exactly does that work? Is it peircing like a laser cannon or spreading like the cross bow?

Stixx
Dec 13, 2006, 05:05 PM
I think it would've been neat if SEGA had made it so every monster has a few drops you can get that are exclusive to that monster. Think Monster Hunter. Then, you fashion those pieces into weapons and armor. I know we can synth weapons to a degree...I guess what I'm getting at is that PSU + Monster Hunter = Automatic win.

Chill
Dec 14, 2006, 09:49 AM
I think I saw those weapons someone joined the party to show them off and then left >< but they were cool looking and I wanted them... but S-rank missions are painful i can barely run one without dying let alone find rare boards and uncommon items

Chill
Dec 15, 2006, 09:42 AM
yeah post above reffering to deljaban blades or whatnot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif not bow

Chill
Dec 15, 2006, 10:02 AM
Sorry I didn't include this in the last post, but umm any new monster parts or boards with the updates... beside Vahra claws

Alpha-Hunter
Dec 15, 2006, 10:18 AM
the edit button is your friend. and how about certain line sheild drops from some armored mini bosses. like armor that visually looks like the mobds body/skin formed into an armored vest or something. or a megid cannon made from the hands of those megid throwers in parum. that would be cool.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alpha-Hunter on 2006-12-15 07:20 ]</font>

Merumeru
Dec 15, 2006, 10:55 AM
XD ah what a shame, i would have loved to think that my Tengohg Ala was for more than one of those scary fuddamukkas in my room >P

Ryoki
Dec 15, 2006, 11:18 AM
On 2006-12-13 08:06, McFlyVII wrote:

On 2006-12-12 09:36, EspioKaos wrote:

Seriously guys, you want ranger and force monster part weapons, but what REAL monsters have you seen that utilizes either of them. Honestly the only ones I can think of are those barta spamming humanoids in Neudaiz that MAYBE the creators can think of a wand to go with it. Or possibly a gun made out of the arms of a Grinna Bete C or S. Other than that, have you relly seen any other monsters? Most are extremely melee. I would rather they make up weapons according to logic than have them make up nonsensical weapons to appease people.

True, and the fact that everything from pso is just a replica 12 star (Oxymoron right there.) is kinda annoying. Maybe then real ones still exist as...13 stars! They have unlucky synth rates!
The adahna cannon sounds amazing though....

And REJOICE! Stixx is the only person on PSO I know that has played Monster Hunter!
Ancient Blade ftw!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-12-15 08:19 ]</font>
________
Babi mac (http://twitter.com/SwiperboyzBabiM)