PDA

View Full Version : Best battle PM for a HU/FF/FiGun

Jasam
Dec 12, 2006, 11:45 AM
What would be better, a 450 with its limited healing, or 410/420?

I hear the 450 was useful pre-patch, but is not so great anymore, so is it still more useful then a meele PM for the Hunter classes?

Stixx
Dec 12, 2006, 11:48 AM
I'm a HU Figunner and I'm loving my 410. She's a great partner to smack things around with.

AeraLure
Dec 12, 2006, 11:51 AM
The GH-450 while "fixed" is still effectively broken, since she now at least heals herself again, but not you enough anymore to be terribly useful or in any way reliable. Add to that the fact that she doesnt really put out any damage, at least in comparison to other PMs and I would then still classify her as broken, since there's hardly a point to bring her if she doesnt perform her primary role.

Note at some point way down the road we can add an item to them and change a 450 into one of the 45x series. We dont know yet how well they work, but there are offensive tech users in that range as well as buffers. If you need a tech PM for synthing and can gamble on the 450 someday being more useful again or one of the 45x PMs being useful (sounds it in theory) then maybe go for it.

If not, then I agree with Stixx. Go 410 and get the added combat support. The 410 is one of the easier to make as simply a combat support PM, but if you invest a bit more time you can also make her an excellent Striking synth PM, which is useful to your job class as a HU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-12-12 08:53 ]</font>

Jasam
Dec 12, 2006, 12:30 PM
On 2006-12-12 08:51, AeraLure wrote:
The GH-450 while "fixed" is still effectively broken, since she now at least heals herself again, but not you enough anymore to be terribly useful or in any way reliable. Add to that the fact that she doesnt really put out any damage, at least in comparison to other PMs and I would then still classify her as broken, since there's hardly a point to bring her if she doesnt perform her primary role.

Note at some point way down the road we can add an item to them and change a 450 into one of the 45x series. We dont know yet how well they work, but there are offensive tech users in that range as well as buffers. If you need a tech PM for synthing and can gamble on the 450 someday being more useful again or one of the 45x PMs being useful (sounds it in theory) then maybe go for it.

If not, then I agree with Stixx. Go 410 and get the added combat support. The 410 is one of the easier to make as simply a combat support PM, but if you invest a bit more time you can also make her an excellent Striking synth PM, which is useful to your job class as a HU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-12-12 08:53 ]</font>

Thanks for that. I was just trying to decide which PM I should make, since I'm now 220K ricer from sellin Jao mats http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jasam on 2006-12-12 09:30 ]</font>

AeraLure
Dec 12, 2006, 12:33 PM
Yah. Most welcome. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Ryoki
Dec 12, 2006, 03:28 PM
I love my impure, 15 technic 410. Even though i'm figunner... lol....I noticed a lot of figunners are trying to make 100 striking pm's, which is plain stupid in my eyes, since about 30% of being a figunner involves guns...5 range for me is better than none http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

410's following tactics make it horrid for rangers, but brilliant for hunters (believe it or not.) I feel that if I had a 450, it would die when I got swarmed....

________
Glass Bubblers (http://bubblers.net/)

JAFO22000
Dec 12, 2006, 03:32 PM
I always thought it would be better to make a PM that is NOT your class. I mean, I'm a Fortetecher, so why would I want a 450? (other than the OBVIOUS fact that it would synth my weaps better)....but from a PURE gameplay POV, my 410 complements me well. All I have to do is run through a mob, she stops and pulls aggro so I can run to the back and nuke!

AeraLure
Dec 12, 2006, 04:01 PM
On 2006-12-12 12:32, JAFO22000 wrote:
I always thought it would be better to make a PM that is NOT your class.

Well yes, agreed, but the 450 as it is now is broken and more or less still useless to Hunters, possibly just not as useless as before the so-called fix. I also have a 410 on my Force and its wonderful.

On 2006-12-12 12:28, Ryoki wrote:
I love my impure, 15 technic 410. Even though i'm figunner... lol....I noticed a lot of figunners are trying to make 100 striking pm's, which is plain stupid in my eyes, since about 30% of being a figunner involves guns...5 range for me is better than none http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

410's following tactics make it horrid for rangers, but brilliant for hunters (believe it or not.) I feel that if I had a 450, it would die when I got swarmed....

I wouldnt go so far as stupid, though I understand your point. If one is looking ahead to synthing, you need a Striking synthing PM somewhere among your four slots, and as a Figunner if you want to make double sabers it'd be handy, especially if you wish to dabble in more than one hunter class. Yeah, I'd put the 410 on a Force myself (I in fact did), but if one just wishes one PM a 410 on a Figunner works too.

My 410 actually ranges out enough that I dont really understand the stays close to owner bit. She seems to range just as much as my 420 which is on my Ranger, which makes me think a 410 on a Ranger might be fine - I just cant say from experience. Love the 420 on my Ranger though.

The last bit of my plan was to make my ranged PM on my Human Figunner/Wartecher, but I havent even started that character and kind of wonder if I even will.

Jozon
Dec 12, 2006, 04:13 PM
oh snap, it's Stixx! didn't know you used PSOW, on topic, I like my 410, it attacks and stuff, so..........yeah http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Gamemako
Dec 12, 2006, 05:21 PM
410 if you're a front-line fighter. If you do a bit more gunning (like a fighgunner should) you might want to go with the 420.

VanHalen
Dec 12, 2006, 05:33 PM
how would a 430 work with these classes?