PDA

View Full Version : Why are you using the weapon you have?

Zorafim
Dec 12, 2006, 03:54 PM
Right now, I'm using spears and daggers. The daggers, I can probably say, I got into by playing Majora's mask. As dorky as it sounds, Zora link was just cool, and attacking with those fins just sealed the deal. I've been an invert wielded short blade weapon fan since then. Of course PSO helped.

Spears have always been used by pathetic grunt enemies, so I never thought much of them. Then I played FFCC, FFIV, and Fire Emblem more or less back to back. Lilties had an amazing attack animation, and their focus attacks were beautiful. They still used spears like swords, but damn if it didn't look good. As for FFIV, Kain. 'nuff said. Then I saw how beautiful spears were in Fire Emblem were, and I've been a spear fan since then.

What about you guys, any (pathetic) stories behind your weapon preference? Sword users who liked Cloud don't count.

Maskim
Dec 12, 2006, 04:03 PM
I use my current weapons (5* Sword, 3* Tenora Dual Pistols, and 3 sets of 5* twin sabers of various elements) for a reason I will now explain with this invigorating story.

Being a newman, I already have low ATP, and although I was excited before switching to fighgunner that I had grinded enough to equip my soon to be new weapons, I forgot that I would lose ATP by switching. As such my pretty new weapons are collecting dust in my PM's loving care. That is why I'm using the weapons I do. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

JAFO22000
Dec 12, 2006, 04:06 PM
Because I have it.

panzer_unit
Dec 12, 2006, 04:08 PM
I use every kind of weapon I can get my hands on because I have to.

I've gotta admit that GRM knuckles and the Bogga Danga PA look especially cool.

Ryoki
Dec 12, 2006, 04:09 PM
Lances are sweet because of Monster Hunter.
Twin Daggers rule because....of...PSO?

________
Mercedes-benz 240d specifications (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_240D)

TravisVI
Dec 12, 2006, 04:09 PM
im a human fortegunner,im all about my machine gun collection, ya they run out of PP fast but for you poor ppl who cant afford photon charges, who cares, they hit for mass damage with the right bullet equipped on it for the right enemy, and with an agitaride on, and an arm slot armor, cmon now, you got 700 or more shots in the gun all which do 100+ damage if they hit with all of tht in consideration, take your swords/and what not and shove em http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif, also , pair em with a nice dagger or saber...wtf is up now, fortegunners can use A ranks for those so thts tht. i ve always been ranger and always will be

DC fo lyfe, lol tht was street gangsta

PS, also a fan of the shotty

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TravisVI on 2006-12-12 13:10 ]</font>

Laranas
Dec 12, 2006, 04:16 PM
I'm using Rods, Bow, and Twin Dagger.

Rod: Because it makes it easier to support and dps at the same time, if I used a Wand I can't get Resta, Reverser, and offensive techs at the same time. Also because it forces me to go Yohmei, and since I hate choosing this is the better option.

Bow: Because a +7 Compadri is about the same strength as a +0 Hikauri. That, and since I use rods, I need to switch for range... why not use a two-hand weapon here as well.

Twin Dagger: I bought a 50% Dark Twin Stinger +5 for 1500 M. It lets me melee in the Neudaiz Relics, so I use it there sometimes.

Akaimizu
Dec 12, 2006, 04:19 PM
I actually use a combination of 2 Twin Handguns, Rifle, and Wands. I also have a single handgun, a good knife, and planning to get crossbows.

While I enjoy the strafing goodness of Twin Guns, I actually engraved it into my character's background. Tynselle actually has a background story (one of which I'll include in the RP topic here, soon enough). Her favorite weapons are Twin Handguns and thus they serve as an extension of her character. Plus, they just plain work with the playstyle I'm going for. It's been fun working with that idea, and it's actually made decision making quite easy for me, as my character increases. I tend to like to give my characters some kind of ambition, and that ambition actually leads your course.

(Kind of a way I work with Western RPGs that give you a ton of choices. You can't get lost when you have direction.) Plus with PSU, I tend to test them out offline before bringing them online. If playing the character seems as fun as playing the style, they're my next pick for online play. I already threw one idea away because it was too traditional, and perhaps played too much to the stereotypes. And if anybody knows me, they know I'm the enemy of stereotypes when it comes to stuff I do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-12 13:22 ]</font>

Reiichi
Dec 12, 2006, 04:25 PM
Double Saber

It hits practically everything in front of you and it's so good you don't even need to PA with it, but when you do you can knockdown monsters (not up and back) for crowd control, or go all out 21+ for massive damage. It's the single most versatile melee weapon in the game. You also don't need to lock onto a monster nor line up to hit multiple ones.

Other weapon I use are twin pistols kubara 6* made off a tenora board. Sleek, black, magnums. Dang those guns look huge.

etlitch
Dec 12, 2006, 04:32 PM
I use it, because it's overpowered.

-Dainslef-
Dec 12, 2006, 04:33 PM
I'm using:
Ank Barde (8* Axe) - Because it does massive damage and doesn't mind monsters with super high DFP. Also, I want to level the PA until 21.
Mijin-Misaki (8* Twin Claws) - The non-PA combo is very effective, though the PA kinda sucks. Still, I'd like to get it to 21.
Ga-Misaki (8* Claw) - Soooo much damage!
Calibur (5* Sword) - It's the only good Ice weapon I have, and swords are cool. I'll make some Jigiris soon.
Ripper (5* Knife) - It's the only 50% lightning weapon I have.
Mukfet (8* Spear) - Spears are greaaaat... soooo much damage, knockdown. Best weapon in the game, at least for a FF, imho.
Mukarad (6* Spear) - Only decent light-elemental spear I have right now.

Wheatpenny
Dec 12, 2006, 04:37 PM
I use spears for the brutaly punishing photon art and the fact they hit multiple frontal targets.That and its nice to see an alternative to Sword usage all the time.

I also use axe. The damage the PA does is sick and the 11+ secondary attack is total dragoon leaping up in the air and coming down on them with the axe.

panzer_unit
Dec 12, 2006, 04:39 PM
Besides me I haven't seen anyone use a sword in ages. All the fanboys went twin dagger when they figured out that the PA did way more damage.

MayLee
Dec 12, 2006, 04:41 PM
Rods, wands and my bow I Synthasized myself. It's my first synthed weapon and my only baby. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hustler_One
Dec 12, 2006, 04:45 PM
I use twin weapons primarily on my Main, because I have always liked duel weapons. I just think it's neat to have two weapons flashing around rather than one.

I use a set of Duel Slasher's (dark) right now, but I want to get a set of Duel Claws too.

Arislan
Dec 12, 2006, 04:56 PM
Dual Beatguns +3
Dual Lockguns +4
For the status effect and ranged damage dealing.

Autogun +5
Bastara (varying elements)
Autogun +4
Stina-Zashi+4 18% fire
For knocking down/up/around

Lance
For boss/high def enemy damage

Twin Ripper
For groups of enemies

Yeah, I know. Level 31 with 3 and 4 star weapons. Go me.

Mwabwetumba
Dec 12, 2006, 04:57 PM
I mainly use the axe because of it's slow, methodical feel.

Reeses
Dec 12, 2006, 04:59 PM
I am using Twin Claws right now and LOVING them!

I use them because no matter how slow people 'think' they are, they are fast enough and do enough damage for me to be happy. I also like daggers (single and double) lol. Oh and Knuckles and sometimes a Sword =P

MayLee
Dec 12, 2006, 05:01 PM
I need to start Grinding my bow..-_- I just don't want to break it! >.<

Hustler_One
Dec 12, 2006, 05:04 PM
On 2006-12-12 13:59, Reeses wrote:
I am using Twin Claws right now and LOVING them!

I use them because no matter how slow people 'think' they are, they are fast enough and do enough damage for me to be happy. I also like daggers (single and double) lol. Oh and Knuckles and sometimes a Sword =P

How is the female animation for twin claws? I had some troubles with them while using them in story mode.

KiteWolfwood
Dec 12, 2006, 05:04 PM
I have 6 Twin daggers. All with a different element. I like um because the regular combo is so quick and just beats stuff down. Then I have my Renkai to take care of grouped up enemies.

Kent
Dec 12, 2006, 05:14 PM
Dagger and Twin Daggers, I'm using because they're the only S-ranks that Wartecher gets - might as well level the PAs for them, when I get access to some S-ranks, down the road.

I use my Spear, as well, because... Spears just kick ass - Best two-handed weapon Wartecher has access to.

Longbow, because it's a very powerful and effective long-range weapon, which complements my other weapons well.

Wands I'm using because ... Wartecher can't use Rods (I would probably use Rods, if I had the choice)? :/ Handguns, I'm using because I don't have any cards... And Slicers aren't in the game. I would totally use those, instead of either Cards or Handguns.

Reeses
Dec 12, 2006, 05:14 PM
On 2006-12-12 14:04, Hustler_One wrote:

How is the female animation for twin claws? I had some troubles with them while using them in story mode.

Um... I like it. The attack is 1-2-3 so its rather tough getting that third combo in sometimes. The PA they have online is Bukuu-something-or-another and is really usefull to the way i play (run and hit). But other than that, i think its a weapon that you either hate or love it lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reeses on 2006-12-12 14:15 ]</font>

Randomness
Dec 12, 2006, 05:50 PM
Rod-Because it holds 4 techs and has a lot of PP
Bow-Because some enemies are a pain to deal with using techs, and for flying enemies
Cane-Because its faster.

Mystil
Dec 12, 2006, 05:59 PM
Great Sword - Because it's PA causes monsters to stun briefly. It attacks up to 3, and provides a boost in overall DPS.

Twin Sabers - Rising Strike is THE king of crowd control, enough said.

Twin Daggers - fast damage and it's final combo will knock away multiple enemies.

Spear - The "take that BITCH!" weapon. Raw power.

Gun/Saber combo - Flying creatures.

Knucks - "I'm going to bust your ass" weapon. Poke an run tactics, reliable PA.

-Crokar-
Dec 12, 2006, 06:26 PM
double saber- killing Q-Tip Nuff said.

spear- always have used since begining

Ronzeru
Dec 12, 2006, 07:12 PM
DoubleSabers = Secks.

Pentence
Dec 12, 2006, 07:22 PM
On 2006-12-12 13:09, Ryoki wrote:
Lances are sweet because of Monster Hunter.
Twin Daggers rule because....of...PSO?

Lances have ruled since the dawn of modern man.Even the poor wooly mammoth can tell ya that.

DummieAcount
Dec 12, 2006, 07:28 PM
I use axes and swords because i have always liked using slow attacks to do big numbers.

I'll never get rid of my flourescent bulb because killing dragons with a light bulb makes me happy.

Ronin1of47
Dec 12, 2006, 07:45 PM
Because I synthed it
ground it
and maxed out its photon art

Twin Daggers, And Twin Sabers are mostly what i use

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin1of47 on 2006-12-12 16:55 ]</font>

VanHalen
Dec 12, 2006, 07:51 PM
swords: i just love them and every company makes nice ones

knuckles: nothing like punching a monster in the face(cant wait to get online to get the yohmei ones)

twin sabers: i love the 2nd animation of rising crush

twin claw/claw: awesome

mechgun: its better then PSO's in my opinion

Lastat27
Dec 12, 2006, 07:56 PM
4 Rifles
2 Laser Cannons
2 Grenade Launchers
1 Shotgun
1 Dagger / 1 Handgun

I get S Rank with these guns as a Fortegunner. All of these guns are useful in certain situations but I chose to have more Rifles because they do far more damage per second then the others and can be used in every situation. Even bullet proof mobs can usually be set on fire with level 4 status effects.

I am eagerly awaiting the release of 9 star Phantom Rifles, combined with the Phantom Line armor I have equipped, the set bonus should put my damage output through the roof while using Shifta items.

Kyon
Dec 13, 2006, 01:51 AM
A Jitseen and a Beamgun. Why? It's the only A ranks I can equip at level 47. ^_^b Protransers ftw!

BloodDragoon
Dec 13, 2006, 01:59 AM
ATM I use Long Swords. Specifically Hanzo just because I like the weapon's look. Also I just like big swords http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Twin Daggers for shits and Giggles.
Twin Sabers because I like dual wielding 1 handed swords
Spears due to nice PA damage output.
Dual Handguns as a gunner/ranger class. I just like that gunslinger feel.
Doublesabers as fighgunner. Old PSO favorite. >.>
Need to play around with Axe, Claw, Double Claw still.
Also keep single saber/handgun combo. Simple flexibility and utility.

omegapirate2k
Dec 13, 2006, 02:02 AM
I now have a light jitseen, which I use to eradicate the S rank enemies on linear line (among others, it was relatively cheap compared to other elemental 7* weps O_O) and I use a Magga gat with it (a 5* tenora mechgun grinded 5 times, bought it in a shop for 12k), the mechgun is useful for mowing down crowds of small enemies, but its pretty useless with the bigger enemies, I equip it with either the lightning or earth element) I also use a lightning soda caliba (5* tenora sword), a Ryo Ororore (6* Yohmei twin handguns, man I love those things, they have so much PP I almost never run out, I have both the fire and ice elements for them). I have ice dual slashers (5* grm dual sabers), a light assino Zashi(5* yohmei twin daggers) and a dark Halbert (5* GRM spear) I mostly just enjoy carrying a variety of weapons, it keeps the gameplay fresh for me, and having atleast 1 of every element is always nice, because bonus damage is a good thing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2006-12-12 23:02 ]</font>

Collar
Dec 13, 2006, 02:16 AM
"My original character concept has been the same since it was on PSO. Tallest female catgirl-ish character possible, weilding the biggest weapons possible. So, naturally, Axes and Swords. Though, thanks to the help of a friend, I'm now also sporting a set of Twin, dark Harisen Fans. Clackclackpop! x3

Garnet_Moon
Dec 13, 2006, 02:22 AM
6x Double Sabers of varying %'s.

Only ranged weapon I have is a Ryo-Betatore +4.

I just bought 4x Hajirods so I can level some force techs up and see if i'm ready for that boring job again. Soloed the bejesus out of a few A-Rank missions with my NPC partners pretty quickly and I don't understand why. My spells are all under 10 except Diga... i'll have to see what this whole 900 TP thing is about. Maybe Newmans make better Fortechers than Figunners? I guess I need to experiment and check... (my god though, haha, 1000 meseta recharge every time...)

Ha.
Ha.
Haa.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-12-12 23:23 ]</font>

Remedy
Dec 13, 2006, 04:45 AM
Granarods: Because I had spare cash, finally, and they're superiour to my old Hajirods. Yes, grinded Tomoirods are superiour, but after using the C/B-rank model for so long, I wanted a change. Granarods are very classy looking, and they hit like a truck. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

1201 Diga crits on Adahna A is nice. =^.^=

Warnen
Dec 13, 2006, 09:26 AM
Twin daggers: fast, PA is great
Spear: Fast Multi hit weapon
Saber/gun: back up incase of flying guys

Turambar
Dec 13, 2006, 09:35 AM
Rifles: The ability to put a SE on anything is astounding. (Execpt those Endrum robots that refuse to burn....)
Grenade Launcher: Knock down and multiple damage-point hits. Need I say more?
Laser Cannon: I like the pew pew sound it makes. >_>.......<_<.....what?

ChyronType0
Dec 13, 2006, 09:35 AM
Grenaaaade Launccchers...

Because they are awesome and lvl up easily.

BurningRage
Dec 13, 2006, 10:14 AM
Axe, twin claws, twin sabers, spear, knuckles, and long swords. I use them all based upon their usefulness and power. I also get S-rank with most of them as a fortefighter.

RadiantLegend
Dec 13, 2006, 10:25 AM
Only hunter weapon i dont use is swords. Untill we get the spinning PA i wont be using one.

BigSword
Dec 14, 2006, 12:33 AM
I use a gun and saber combo for simplicity (no excess movements) and tagging ability.

I'm switching to a gun and dagger combo because I can get more hits than a saber, in less time.

Pooru
Dec 14, 2006, 02:50 AM
I like my Hanzo its very katana ish

but I went from

Saber -> Twin Saber -> Double Saber -> Sword

and i love my sword more than double saber mmm my preciousss

Merumeru
Dec 14, 2006, 03:13 AM
XD using them because i have no choice! XP well, being a protranser and hating half the weps that are available to you (spears = lame, saber/gun = lame/lame) so until I can use my axe and grenny/laser, im PA spamming my 4*Swords and Knuckles http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Divanti
Dec 14, 2006, 03:34 AM
I mainly use Knuckles becaus they're so damn fast. I've got wire gloves in every element and my Bogga Danga is up to Lvl 20 (I still need like 4 or 5 hunter levels before I can go Fortefighter). The PA is great because with proper manuvering it allows you to spread the hits around and tag every monster in a tightly packed group, and then at the end send 1 or 2 of the flying away. I usually rush straight through a group, spread the hits around, and blast my way out the other end and out of harm's way. I also carry around spears of various elements for when the need arises, and 1 slot on my palette is reserved for saber/handgun for when I need it.

Shaidar
Dec 14, 2006, 04:53 AM
Mostly twin sabers at the moment. Their decent reach combined with the ability to move about whilst attacking (not as good as dagger, but meh) is pretty sweet. And Rising Crush doesnt ruin the mobcontrol by sending monsters miles away like for example Rising Strike, which is a good thing since I tend to be way too triggerhappy with my PAs. Oh, they're fun to use too. And you look good while using them.

MORB
Dec 14, 2006, 05:49 AM
I use the weapons I have because using those that I don't have is quite difficult.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MORB on 2006-12-14 02:49 ]</font>

Tsudori
Dec 14, 2006, 05:50 AM
I have always been a big fan of spears ever since my dad sat me down and made me watch roots and zulu lol now i like runnin around spearin enemies like some kind of zulu warrior http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif another reason was cos of dynasty warriors as i love characters who use spears on that.