PDA

View Full Version : Wait... What? (End of story spoilers)

UltimateCarl
Dec 12, 2006, 05:19 PM
So I just beat story mode, and... What?

No, I'm not complaining about the abrupt ending, I'm just confused.

So, there were SEED on all three planets and the Colony. You use the confinement system, and it gets rid of all of them. Then you find the HIVE, which was out of orbit and therefore not affected. You blow up the core of it or something so it stops working, then the Alliance blasts it into nonexistance.

So... Uhhh... What the hell are you fighting in Network mode, then? Where'd these SEED come from if you already wiped the universe clean of them?

I guess that'll be answered in online story missions? I'm really hoping they'll answer some other stuff, too, like WTF is up with Magashi (I felt he was a rather weak villian. You get no background on him, he appears to have no motives at all, he's an extremely flat "IMMA KILL JOO" badguy with no other emotions, and he's as impossible to kill as a DBZ character), where the SEED came from in the first place, why they are attracted to A-photons, etc.

Anyways, I guess I'm looking too deeply into what was a mediocre story that's little more than a flimsy backdrop to give you a reason to be killing these things for hours on end for your enjoyment, but this point was bothering me. If I missed something, let me know.

etlitch
Dec 12, 2006, 05:22 PM
TO BE CONTINUED.....

(It means that more money may be extracted out from this story.)

VanHalen
Dec 12, 2006, 05:24 PM
story mode and network mode take place at the same time so the seed hasnt been defeated think of it as a endless chapter 3 as for the online story idk where to place that

omegapirate2k
Dec 12, 2006, 05:24 PM
Apparently there is another hive or something, it's sort of explained in the online story mode.

And yeah, Magashi has no motives at all. He never explains himself. I sincerely hope the online story mode explains this stuff.

Careful
Dec 12, 2006, 05:25 PM
I.H.E.W club

I Hate Ethan Waber club, who wants to join?!

omegapirate2k
Dec 12, 2006, 05:25 PM
Umm.. are you kidding? Network mode takes place after story mode.

VanHalen
Dec 12, 2006, 05:26 PM
nooooo thats the story chapters that too

if thats the case why are they gonna add seed missions huh?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-12-12 14:27 ]</font>

MayLee
Dec 12, 2006, 05:28 PM
I thought everything was happening at the same time. *shrugs*

Magashi does indeed have no motive. I geuss he felt like killing all scientists for a nice workout or something.

VanHalen
Dec 12, 2006, 05:29 PM
what i want to know about magashi is how did he get his body back to normal and how did he get the seed body if he blew up

Sinue_v2
Dec 12, 2006, 05:32 PM
It would be nice if eventually Sega provided an appendium disk which offered the online storyline missions for offline play. I don't mind waiting a bit to get the full story - but I really don't want the servers to go down one day and loose half the game's storyline.

As for your questions - most of them will be answered in the online missions. The very first quest which is up now already answers one of them. The SeeD are mostly gone, but they haven't been completely destoryed. There is a second HIVE which has remained obscure up until now - and astrologers are currently searching for it.

It would be cool if it was cloaked - and you needed to retrieve an artifact called the "AeroPrism" from a relics site in order to reveal it's location.

Warnen
Dec 12, 2006, 05:32 PM
Are there seed missions online?

I wanna kill Magashi again...

omegapirate2k
Dec 12, 2006, 05:33 PM
On 2006-12-12 14:26, VanHalen wrote:

You could have clarified that, although I'm still holding to the idea that network mode and it's online story mode both take place at the same time.

And they said they're might be another hive, which is a convenient excuse for putting in seed missions.

Although theres no way to know for sure when network mode is really taking place, although I could care less, honestly, as long as they bring out more missions/items.

Banert
Dec 12, 2006, 05:34 PM
Maybe Magashi is just like the Lou units, just one of 500+ models with the same name.

VanHalen
Dec 12, 2006, 05:43 PM
On 2006-12-12 14:34, Banert wrote:
Maybe Magashi is just like the Lou units, just one of 500+ models with the same name.

i kinda thought that so then that means Ethan will live a life of constant attack from random magashis

MayLee
Dec 12, 2006, 05:45 PM
On 2006-12-12 14:43, VanHalen wrote:

i kinda thought that so then that means Ethan will live a life of constant attack from random magashis

Oh the Humanity! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Doh42
Dec 12, 2006, 05:45 PM
It happens months after the end of the story mode, they say it in white on black when you play the online story mission....

There's still SEED somewhere. They think it is another HIVE, but they didn't find it is what you learn online.

And remember, the 3D cutscene with SEED vs Staterias? The confinement system was activated AND they still had armies marching, so I'm assuming it's not super effective.

omegapirate2k
Dec 12, 2006, 05:51 PM
On 2006-12-12 14:45, MayLee wrote:

Oh the Humanity! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Hahaha hopefully his voice actor will be under attack too, that guy never finishes his sentences...

PS: Who else here thought of Malak from KOTOR when they saw Magashi and heard him talk?

Shadow_Wing
Dec 12, 2006, 05:57 PM
On 2006-12-12 14:32, Sinue_v2 wrote:

It would be cool if it was cloaked - and you needed to retrieve an artifact called the "AeroPrism" from a relics site in order to reveal it's location.

4th planet NO WAI!

Ravennittes
Dec 12, 2006, 06:05 PM
On 2006-12-12 14:51, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2006-12-12 14:45, MayLee wrote:

Hahaha hopefully his voice actor will be under attack too, that guy never finishes his sentences...

PS: Who else here thought of Malak from KOTOR when they saw Magashi and heard him talk?

I thought of Malak when I SAW him... (Reven too). Yes, they DO sound similar. Did anyone notice the conveniance of Bruce being everywhere? I think he was the "connection" that got the shield—and the maiden—onto that ship.

AnamanaAU
Dec 12, 2006, 06:22 PM
Magashi is a cast, parts can be replaced and he can be repaired. He could have been on the SEED Hive a lot earlier into the story with his troops there to help him.

omegapirate2k
Dec 12, 2006, 06:26 PM
I believe that is true, Jubei, because in the story they said the Endrum collective was putting the A photon scientists on the hive to do A photon research. So I presume Magashi MUST have been there at some point.

Garroway
Dec 12, 2006, 06:29 PM
I have to concur with dissapointed consensus for the blatant lack of reguard for continuity and motivation. I'll look up the information later but for some reason I have '3 years' stuck in my head between the end of story mode and the beginning of network mode. If someone finds the solid time gap information before I do, I would appreciate a link. I am hoping that the story is revisited, and explained in a way that makes sense, but I fear that the more questions that get answered the more the continuity will falter.

Nice on noticing the activated Confinement system in the flashback Doh42. That's exactly what I mean when I say continuity problem.

Lavernius
Dec 12, 2006, 06:52 PM
On 2006-12-12 15:29, Garroway wrote:
I have to concur with dissapointed consensus for the blatant lack of reguard for continuity and motivation. I'll look up the information later but for some reason I have '3 years' stuck in my head between the end of story mode and the beginning of network mode. If someone finds the solid time gap information before I do, I would appreciate a link. I am hoping that the story is revisited, and explained in a way that makes sense, but I fear that the more questions that get answered the more the continuity will falter.

Nice on noticing the activated Confinement system in the flashback Doh42. That's exactly what I mean when I say continuity problem.

Just to respond to you and Doh42's speculation about the confinement system, it was clearly stated that it didn't eliminate the SEED until all the pillars were activated and the planet alligned. During the Stateria vs. SEED scene, only two of the pillars were activated.

Zorafim
Dec 12, 2006, 06:54 PM
Just starting the online story will tell you how long it's been since the seed hive has been destroyed.

VanHalen
Dec 12, 2006, 07:27 PM
but what if the online story is complety seperated from network mode since the story missions are only single player(not knowing if being single player gives enough detail)

Zorafim
Dec 12, 2006, 07:32 PM
They aren't. They take place in the same galaxy, the same planets, the same story line, and the same decade. You play as Ethan at first, then find out he's turned criminal for some reason. It's not at all complicated, and none of it is speculation.

Pentence
Dec 12, 2006, 08:08 PM
If i am not mistaken story mode later alows for more players right? Otherwise why would they have the join party options?

The online mode IS the time 3 months after the offline mode.The missions we all enjoy are free missions from the guardians HQ.Also that is why content is relesed as we go,its a continueing story.

Just recently moatoob was released becouse the cease fire was finaly called amongst the "familys" there.They were requesting help to stop the seed infestation that remaind.

This is segas own words look up the offical site time to time and you'll see what i mean.

Ronzeru
Dec 12, 2006, 08:22 PM
Umm... the online mode is 3 months after the offline mode...

Kyuri
Dec 12, 2006, 10:28 PM
*stares at the sky and wishes this would happen*

ST just anounced a new story mission!! The source of a new SEED spot has been discovered not to far away from the Gurghal sistem. There is a large satellite that is infested by a big amount of SEED. Also that saltelite is near a life holding planet. We received a message from that satellite that seems to be really old: PIo..ne..r. 2.....SEED.....AT...tT.ack..ssccapped...tO..Ra..go l.
We still dont know what Pioner 2 or Ragol is, so please go and investigate this new SEED sprout on either Ragol or Pioner 2.

This new patch will include!

New areas: Such as a SEED infected Pioner 2
The source of al SEED...Ruins
Forest,Cave&Mines area plus a small cast&human Pioner 2 survivor city wich holds Kubara production Shop.

Many free mission will take place on Ragol&SEED infected Pioner2

And 1 new story mission wich takes place on Pioner 2

Man I wish we get something like that someday o.ò

Sinue_v2
Dec 13, 2006, 01:19 AM
Seeing Ragol in PSU is about as likely as seeing Algol. Don't count on it.

However, and this won't be clear until we get more storyline and clues to base conjecture on, it could be argued now that SeeD is an advanced form of the G.E.R.M. from PSO Ep III. This also works if you consider that it has always been a property of the darkness... thus bringing PSU around as a prequal.

A basic timeline might look something like...

* Millions of Years Ago: A race of spiritual beings waged a bloody civil war in which the losing side was banished into another dimension. Sealed away by a fixed star and three orbiting planets. The victor, known as the Great Light, then dissapears from the universe. Perhaps destoryed by very force which they used to seal the darkness. Only a scentinel few of this race remain on Rykros - a crystaline planet with a highly eliptical orbit, to stand guard over the system.

* 18,000 year later, Humans and their creations have settled the solar system - and are rediscovering ancient technology and ruins used by these spiritual beings. The once powerful spiritual race still exists through the flow of Photons found prevelant throughout the system. A religeon worshiping these photons as the "Holy Light" is established. They also discover A-Photons, a powerful energy source that unlike photons, do not rely on spiritual energy to draw forth power and technics.

* PSU's storyline takes place. The use of A-Photons has provoked the remenants of the unimprisoned spiritual race to attack the solar system. This is known as the SeeD invasion. Eventually the remaining SeeD are also imprisoded in the dimensional seal by activating the technology of the spiritual race, and the remnants defeated some time after that. Peace returns to the solar system.

* Millions of years pass... and the shape of the solar system has changed. Neudaiz, once the second planet of the Gurhal system has switched orbits to become the outermost planet. Parum becomes the second, and Moatoob the first. Planetary orbit shifts are not uncommon in this solar system. Neudaiz freezes over into a barren ice world - and the inhabitants of these worlds evolve seperately - Newmans become tall greenskinned race. Beasts become more feral. These planets eventually come to be known as Motavia, Dezolis, and Palma. Only the Dezolians, who were once Newmans, retain their religeon of worshiping the light. Meanwhile, trapped in the other dimension, the SeeD and the race which spawned them seeth with eons of rage and lust for revenge. They eventually coelece into a single conciousness - the Profound Darkness. Perhaps with a certain Devine Maiden at it's core to focus it's energy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

* AW 342: Phantasy Star I takes place. The dimensional seal is broken by Lassic after pouring over ancient tomes and volumes and divining Algol's true past. Although defeated, the seal is now irrepairable - allowing the Profound Darkness to extend her will into the Gurhal/Algol Solar system once every 1,000 years.

* Shortly Afterwards: Loyalists to Lassic sabotage Alis Landale's shuttle and send it veering off into space. She and Luts are eventually able to land on an inhabitable planet: Copto. While Lutz returns to Algol - Alis stays behind to start a new colony.

* AW 822: Earthlings invade Algol and establish the Mother Brain. Shortly afterwards, Alis Landale awakens from her cryosleep on Copto. After assisting her clone/daughter in defeating the evil Cablon, she returns to Algol. Nothing is heard from her afterwards.

* AW 843: Another conjunction of planets causes the orbit of Motavia and Palma to switch yet again. The ensuing destruction caused by this catastrophy and the subsequent and highly successful public works programs put into place by the Mother Brain to recover from the damage convince the population to give her almost total control over all aspects fo the system's management. All contact with Copto is soon terminated by the Mother Brain, and the colony is left to grow in it's own.

* AW 1284: Phantasy Star II takes place. The Mother Brain is destroyed, and all systems under her control shut down - thrusting Algol back into the dark ages. Palma/Parum is also destoryed by the falling of the sattelite Gaira, severearly weakening the seal. Before it's destruction however - several hundred world ships are able to escape. Most are destroyed by Dark Force's who escaped the seal and manipulated the weapons systems of these craft. Two of them, however, manage to escape the solar system entirely. Motavia, green and terraformed under Mother Brain guidance, begins regressing into a desert world.

* Sometime around AW 1285: A Dark Force aboard the Alissa III manipulates the population and begins the Devistation War which sends society back to the dark ages. However, Dark Force is defeated by Orakio and Laya at the cost of their own lives.

* AW 2284: Phantasy Star IV. Once again, multiple Dark Forces are released into Algol in a final bid to free the profound darkness. Chaz and his party eventually discover Rykros and learn the true genesis of Algol. With items obtained by the last of the Great Light's race - they venture into the alternate dimension and defeat the Profound Darkness - perhaps finally giving a certain devine maiden peace in death. Chaz and Rika bear a child, a son named Rui, who carries genes vital to continued human survival on Motavia as it returns to it's desert state.

* Around AW 2286: Phantasy Star III. The last remaining vertage of the Profound Darkness re-awakens and attempts to destory the Alissa III. Three generations of heros battle his machinations, until finally he is confronted and defeated. The Alissa III then lands on a planet orbiting a nearby star they had almost plunged into. This planet is known, as Ragol. However, as an extension of the Profound Darkness's conciousness - the darkness cannot be destoryed even with the Nei weapons. An attempt to seal it away inside the ruins of the Alissa III is made. Soon after, the colony is destoryed.

Speculation: AW 2880: With humanity once again on the rise, contact is re-established with the lost Copto colony - now known as Coral. Massive immigrations to Coral take place. Eventually the displaced immigrants form their own nation - and war inevitably breaks out.

AUW 3060: Their planet already wrecked and dying from years of warfare - the collission from a meteorite awakens scientsts to the presence of Photon Energy, which revolutionises weapon design and nearly all aspects of daily life. A few years later unmanned space probes are sent out under the guise of a emmigration plan to save the planets population. In truth, it is only intended to study photon energy for military applications, as well as provide a cover for several black op research and development teams.

AUW: 3071?: Dr. Osto Hoyle and Dr. Jean Carlo Montegue discover a long regressed gene in the Algolan people's DNA. After extracting and studying this gene, Montegue undergoes gene therepy in an experiment to see what the original species who carried this gene resembled. He becomes the first modern Numan. Their research into artifical inteligence, coupled with technology gleaned from Algol, advance their AI research greatly.

AUW 3076: Pioneer 1 launches from Coral.

AUW 3082: Pioneer 2 launches from Coral. Pioneer 1 scientists setting up underground weapons reasearch facilities discover the ruins of the Alissa III. Upon entering, they are attacked by dark creatures and by a dark conciousness. The only survior is Heithcliff Flowen - who has been badly wounded and infected with with a mutagenic substance. Osto convinces him to sign his body over to science and studies him diligently - using the matagenic properties of the spreading infection to create bioweapons. Finally after repeated failures with the Mother Project - Osto decides to fuse the Olga AI core with Flowen's mutating body. However the experiment is deemed a failure and Flowen's body is disposed of.

AUW 3084: Phantasy Star Online. Pioneer 2 enters orbit around Ragol, just as the planet is shaken by a violent exposion of spiritual energy. All contact with the colony is lost. The lone survivor, Rico Tyrell, sets out to discover the truth behind the exposion. Soon after, your party is dispached to Ragol to seek answers. It is discovered that the ruins are actually the remenants of an ancient spacecraft containing a "dark god". Rico's body is absorbed by the Dark Falz, used to focus it's energy in an attempt to become a new Profound Darkness similar to, perhaps, a certain devine maiden. Though defeated time and time again, Dark Falz cannot be killed.

Three Months Later: PSO Ep II A research facility is discovered on Gal De Val island. Your team is dispatched from the Lab there to deal with the new menace. You discover the remains of Olga Flow, now grown enourmous in power. Although defeated, Olga Flow cannot be killed.

AUW 3084-3085: Finally exerting some modicum of control over their bodies - Flowen and Rico coax Dark Falz and Olga Flow into a confrontation which seemingly finally destorys them. The two byproducts of this confrontation are th G.E.R.M, and the child Endu who houses the conciosness of both Rico and Flowen.

* Sometime afterwards: PSO Ep IV: Blue Burst. I am, for the most part, unfamiliar with this game's storyline since I don't have a computer capable of running it. Though that should soon change.

AUW 3090-some: PSO Ep III. Pioneer 2 remains in orbit. Yadda yadda yadda... G.E.R.M. which the pioneer 2 government is after, also known as the Great Shadown, is eventually found and destoryed by Sil'fer and Break - or whoever.

Ok... I'm very tired and well aware that that timeline is extremely poorly researched and thought out. It's not meant to be concrete, or even accruate, but just to provide an example of what a possible outcome MAY resemble should Sonic Team decide to try to connect all three games in storyline. It is NOT canon, and should not be taken as such - as it even includes a bit of my own speculation which isn't even presented in the series. (Algol - Coral migration)

Zorafim
Dec 13, 2006, 03:32 AM
You didn't mention that numen were seen in both PSII and PSIV. In fact, numen seemed to be created in PSII, when biomonster DNA was mixed with human DNA to create Neifirst. Because of this, I think that PSO came after the PS series. Also, all non humans seem to be much more well developed in PSU than PSO (higher intelligence in casts, for instance), making me believe that PSU would, if anything, come after PSO. However, I'd love to see some connection with the SeeD and the profound darkness in PSU, if small.
I have to play a PS game other than PSIV soon...

Alisha
Dec 13, 2006, 04:47 AM
hmn could psu exist in a situation where chaz and co failed? the seeds attraction to A-photons suggests to me that the seed/darkness is looking for the great light. also why do people assume that dulk falkis is magashi? while ethan also assumes this i believe it is nothing more than a dark force.

Magashi is a cast, parts can be replaced and he can be repaired. He could have been on the SEED Hive a lot earlier into the story with his troops there to help him.
he doesnt need to be repaired he is infected by Seed. theres even a battle in the game where you can see the Seeds physical influence on him. the game even tells you that he was on the hive earlier in the story to work on the a-photon reactor there thst possibly could of been failing.

Shaidar
Dec 13, 2006, 07:19 AM
Something I liked with good old PSO and the older PS games was all the mystery and that fuzzy and warm feeling you got when the lose threads were connected (ohmahgosh, Dark Falz was behind it! again! D:). Good to see there's still some mysteries and stuff left to be explained in PSU, which felt pretty straightforward to begin with.

Kent
Dec 13, 2006, 07:25 AM
It's a well-known fact that, if PSO and PSU even fall into the same timeline, that PSU would come after PSO. Presumably, a multiple of 1000 years after.

They've made all sorts of crazy advancements since then. CASTs have donned more complex emotions, Newmen have seemingly more stable lifetimes, and Beasts... occurred. Not to mention the advancements in Photon technology and weaponry.

Polenicus
Dec 13, 2006, 08:25 AM
I prefer to think that the games occur in similar, but seperate continuities.

Ever notice that Gurhal is phonetically similar to Coral?

I suspect that Coral of PSO and Gurhal of PSU are substantially similar. However, their paths diverged sometime much earlier, shortly after the development of Newmans, and before Beasts, probably before the war. Crea weapons are from this era, evidenced by their similarity to standard PSO Hunter issue.

Where Gurhal developed, continued on to create Beasts, develop Cast's AI's, and for the three new races to develop culturally enough to mount a war of independence, in Coral there was some sort of cataclysm that cut that short. This required the creation of the Pioneer Project, and the mass exodus of people to the Ragol colony, and all the repercussions therein. PSO's technology is less advanced, lacking line shields and relying more on arm-mounted defensive fields and physical armor, Casts are less advanced physically and mentally (PSO was just edging into the latest Androids possessing true sentience and independent personalities, with most of the previous generation still being subservient, or little better than machines), and Newmans are still unstable genetically.

It's conceivable that Dark Falz continued to develop unhindered on Ragol for that extra time without anyone to wake him or new input to accelerate his development. He slowly expanded his influence from the Ruins, corrupting and altering the creatures of Ragol, until the entire planet was a massive Hive. Then his SeeD was sent out into the universe, one or more coming across Gurhal during PSU's storyline.

Of course... that doesn't explain the damn Rappies.

Sinue_v2
Dec 13, 2006, 09:01 AM
You didn't mention that numen were seen in both PSII and PSIV. In fact, numen seemed to be created in PSII, when biomonster DNA was mixed with human DNA to create Neifirst. Because of this, I think that PSO came after the PS series.

Well, the way I have it listed in the timeline - PSO does take place after PS... about 800 years after if the AW and AUW calenders overlap. However it would assume that the Numans of PS and PSO are connected, but not with the Newmans of PSU. Mentioning Nei wasn't critical - and this timeline wasn't meant to be accurate, but merely provide an example.

hmn could psu exist in a situation where chaz and co failed? the seeds attraction to A-photons suggests to me that the seed/darkness is looking for the great light.

As in, Gurhal being Algol? That would leave question of where Parum comes from when in PSII it was destoryed. There are only two main planets in Algol by the end of PSII. I doubt ST would try to re-write the original series. And while it seems the SeeD is continuing their war against the Great Light by attacking sources of A-Photon energy... I generally attribute that to the theme of Light vs. Darkness. It's similar to the use of Photons in weaponry in PSO to destory D-Cellular infections.

It's a well-known fact that, if PSO and PSU even fall into the same timeline, that PSU would come after PSO.

Well, first of all it's not fact - since I believe according to Sonic Team the two games are completely seperate continuities. This means any belief in a connection is prue conjecture by default. Same as with trying to connect PSO to PS.

They've made all sorts of crazy advancements since then. CASTs have donned more complex emotions, Newmen have seemingly more stable lifetimes, and Beasts... occurred. Not to mention the advancements in Photon technology and weaponry.

That would be taking the assumption that PSU is a direct sequl to PSO, and one that I don't share. Reguardless, just because technology is more advanced in PSU than it is in PSO (and just barely), doesn't mean that PSU didn't happen before PSO. The entire series is littered with examples of lower-tech civilisations stumbling upon the ruins of higher tech ones. In PS, it was the cast of PSIV rediscovering the remains of Mother Brain's subsystems such as Zelan, Kuran, Nervus, SEED, and Daughter. In PSO, this was shown through the presence of the wrecked spaceship, which I believe Rico remarks is far more advanced that Coralian technology. In PSU, the Relics are the remenants of a far more advanced civilisation - and that A-Photons which were just newly discovered were actually in daily use over 18,000 years ago.

Newer Technology =/= a later date on the timeline.

Ever notice that Gurhal is phonetically similar to Coral?

IIRC, Gurhal is a play on words to reference Algol - just as Ragol was. Not to say that they were connected - but simply as a reference.

DMG
Dec 13, 2006, 09:24 AM
It's a well-known fact that, if PSO and PSU even fall into the same timeline, that PSU would come after PSO.

Well, first of all it's not fact - since I believe according to Sonic Team the two games are completely seperate continuities. This means any belief in a connection is prue conjecture by default. Same as with trying to connect PSO to PS.

Just quoting this for emphesis, since I remember developer what's-his-face (it's too early in the morning - me no think right w/o caffeine) saying something like this in an interview. From what I understand, PSU is a sepeate continuty from all other PS games.

Sinue_v2
Dec 13, 2006, 09:30 AM
since I remember developer what's-his-face (it's too early in the morning - me no think right w/o caffeine) saying something like this in an interview.

Takao Miyoshi

DMG
Dec 13, 2006, 09:39 AM
Thank you! Name was bugging me ever since I made that post.

Natrokos
Dec 13, 2006, 01:05 PM
On 2006-12-12 14:26, VanHalen wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-12-12 14:27 ]</font>

They are going to add seed missions because they don't want to make brand new ones.

It does take place after the story... Play the first guardian colony mission and you will see Why else would Ethan be a fugitive? It's awesome how people post their opinions as if it is unshakable fact.

Akaimizu
Dec 13, 2006, 01:09 PM
Magashii actually seemed like a character that HAD a motive, until a certain part of the game when the Endrum Collective was dismantled. I think that was the start of his dreams falling apart and all that was left was Revenge. But by then, he's become something else. A creature of a different ambition.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-13 10:13 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Dec 13, 2006, 02:27 PM
We know that Megashi obviously HAD some form of ambition - or else he would not be a villian at all. The problem is, we don't know his ambitions and it makes him a very - very shallow character seemingly placed there simply because "someone had to be the villan". Hopefully his ambitions are detailed in further chapters online - but if just taken at face value offline he's a cardboard cutout. Even from the earliest days of PS - back when RPG storytelling was skeletal at best - their villans had motivation.

Lassic wanted eternal life and power.
Earthlings needed a place to settle their new colony.
Neifirst was insane with revenge on those who torturously tested and experimented on her.
Rulakir hated Laya and his brother Orakio for the Devistation War which killed his family.
Siren was bitter over his loss to the Layan durring the devistation war.
The Profound Darkness, obviously, wanted freedom.
The Coralian Government wanted Biological weapons.
The Arks (if you can call them villans) wanted to settle on Ragol.

All of these characters/groups had at least SOME motivation, and some reasoning for following the will of the darkness. Megashi has none and is compairable, really, only to Zio from PSIV. However Zio WAS simply a throw-away villan, and he was defeated fairly early on in the game. Even as such, one could argue that Zio was a religous fanatic and was enchanted by the idea of eternal life and power within the Darkness similar to Lassic.

This is dissapointing because Megashi is such a likable villan to begin with - with great design and voice work. he just needs to be fleshed out a bit and, personally, he could easily end up being one of my favorites in the series.

Lavernius
Dec 13, 2006, 03:07 PM
Magashi did not describe his ambitions at all throughout storymode, although, due to events, in the storymode, it seems to me that his and the Endrum Collectives scheme was to use the massive A-photon generator aboard the HIVE to control and alter the SEED, organize them into armies (army in Neudaiz in ch. 10 is an example,) and bring cast supremecy throughout the Gurhal System.
But, hey, just a guess.