PDA

View Full Version : What SUV should I have to complement Sturm Buster?

Zorafim
Dec 12, 2006, 06:50 PM
I just learned that I can switch extra slots without losing my gauge, so I went ahead and bought the grom buster. It's pretty good so far, it's able to hit enemies even if I missaim slightly. I mainly use Sturm, though, since it kills most things anyway and has a much higher chance to hit. So, I'm basically looking for an SUV to use on targets that have high HP and are easy to hit, such as the dragon. Is there anything that fits me particularly, or should I stick with Grom?

Randomness
Dec 12, 2006, 06:54 PM
Well, I think the only thing that wouldn't be good would be the sweeping gatling, but I don't use a cast, so I don't have much experience using them, I can only comment of what I've seen.

Grom definitely works well for huge targets where all five beams connect. I could imagine the stationary gatling being better for some situations though, such as Kagajibari, where it would be hard to land all the beams of the Grom.

DummieAcount
Dec 12, 2006, 06:55 PM
Groms probably your best bet for slow easy to hit targets.

Zorafim
Dec 12, 2006, 06:56 PM
I don't believe all the hits from the Grom do damage, it works like the laser cannon. As long as one of the beams hits a target, that one target will be damaged. Additional beams or additional targets won't effect its damage. This is why I'm contemplating the Gatling gun, but I doubt it'll be better, especially considering its smaller attack radius.

Randomness
Dec 12, 2006, 07:02 PM
On 2006-12-12 15:56, Zorafim wrote:
I don't believe all the hits from the Grom do damage, it works like the laser cannon. As long as one of the beams hits a target, that one target will be damaged. Additional beams or additional targets won't effect its damage. This is why I'm contemplating the Gatling gun, but I doubt it'll be better, especially considering its smaller attack radius.

Well, the thing I'm basing this on is seeing the Grom used on De Ragan, where it does seem to land multiple target points.

Most enemies aren't De Ragan's size, though, so...

McLaughlin
Dec 12, 2006, 07:10 PM
No, on De Ragan Grom only hits one section, regardless of how many the beams are passing through. Hegel hits every section though (which amounts to a lot of damage if you can postition yourself on the side of it).

I use Rafal Buster and Sturm Buster, but I have Grom Buster and Hegel Buster too.

EDIT: On any enemy Grom Buster only hits one section. Just thought I was being kinda specific with De Ragan >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-12-12 16:11 ]</font>

DummieAcount
Dec 12, 2006, 07:20 PM
Hegel or rafal might be able to do more than grom if you get lucky but grom will consistently hit de regan 11 times if your aim is right and will do like 200 more damage than hegel each hit. I can't comment on rafal though as i haven't used it.

McLaughlin
Dec 12, 2006, 07:26 PM
Rafal is the one Lou uses (as your partner). It's a Gatling Gun that shoots straight ahead. I forget the status effect though >_<

Lastat27
Dec 12, 2006, 07:36 PM
Whoa lot's on inaccurate information here. To summarize my personal findings:

Grom Buster: Attacks enemies within a 45 degree cone. Each enemy can be hit 10 times each. Weapon has a knockback effect. Highest damage SUV at the moment. Also deals "Shock" effect to monsters that remain alive.

Rafal Buster: Attacks enemies within a 45 degree cone. Each enemy can be hit 10 times. Slightly lower damage then Grom Buster. Weapon has knockback effect. Also deals "Attack Down" effect to monsters that remain alive.

Sturm Buster: Attacks every single enemy in the room (even if your facing a wall point blank you will not miss the enemies behind you). Each enemy can be hit 8-10 times (it's hard to tell if its 10 sometimes). Weapon knocks enemies into the air. Deals about 1/2 the damage of Grom Buster. Also deals "Burn" effect to monsters that remain alive.

Summary: Any enemy that can be burned should be hit with Sturm Buster. You may not deal as much damage as Grom Buster to begin with, but the 5 ticks of burn easily make up for that, not to mention your 100% accuracy anywhere in the room.

Enemies that are immune to burn but not immune to attack down such as mini-bosses (Svaltus etc) should be hit with Rafal Buster. You deal almost the same damage as Grom Buster but you also hit them with Attack Down.

Enemies that are immune to both burn and attack down (De Ragan etc) should be nailed with Grom Buster for highest damage output.

It's all situational so I carry all three. I really hate the sweeping gatling attack. So no comment on that one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lastat27 on 2006-12-12 16:38 ]</font>

Ronin1of47
Dec 12, 2006, 07:49 PM
so wait if u charge ur SUV remove it equip ME/Restore and re-equip SUV it will still be charged?

VanHalen
Dec 12, 2006, 07:54 PM
Hegal lets see those monsters one from that one and the attack down could help you in the long run

Lastat27
Dec 12, 2006, 08:00 PM
Correct Ronin, you can switch between any extra slot units at any time and your SUV guage will remain the same. The only way your SUV guage disapears is if you die, the mission is over, you remove your armor completely, or you use your SUV.

Ronin1of47
Dec 12, 2006, 08:03 PM
hmmmm very nice thank you Lastat27