PDA

View Full Version : Poor, poor people lol

omegapirate2k
Dec 12, 2006, 11:36 PM
I'm sure all of you have encountered the dregs and hobos of PSU, you know, the ones who run around infront of linear line asking for 3000 meseta for nothing?

Have any of you been so kind, so generous to these poor, foolish souls as to give them your hard earned meseta?

I do, I always give these people the amount of money they deserve: 1 meseta.

Every once and a while, they accept the trade, those are the smart ones. Think about it, if 3000 people each came up to you and gave you 1 meseta, you'd have 3000 meseta! But no, some of them lack the capacity for such logic, and cancel the trade, one person even told me to "Fuck off". THE NERVE!

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Onto the point of the topic: What do you think of these people, and how do you deal with them?

MXdude
Dec 12, 2006, 11:38 PM
hahaha, no, but i have seem people beg certain "hackers" for money.

RussInDaHill
Dec 12, 2006, 11:40 PM
NO

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RussInDaHill on 2006-12-12 20:40 ]</font>

Choja
Dec 12, 2006, 11:41 PM
I'm poor and I'm not begging, damn it! I'll make my money slicing the guts of OMGs and giant robots with my old witches broomstick. Wait, wrong game. My rod then!

omegapirate2k
Dec 12, 2006, 11:41 PM
Oh yeah, I once saw this one n00bish little boy (I won't tell you their charname, that would just be rude *cough*LONEFOX*cough*) who kept begging this one guy for his double saber for FREE again and again, it was quite sad. I wish there was PVP so I could put the poor boy out of his misery right there.

Sychosis
Dec 12, 2006, 11:42 PM
I do the same thing, 1 meseta.

One guy even exclaimed "OMG, 100k meseta?! OMG thank you!" and ran off. I promptly left as well, I didn't want anyone to think I was giving that kind of meseta to charity cases.

omegapirate2k
Dec 12, 2006, 11:43 PM
On 2006-12-12 20:41, Choja wrote:
I'm poor and I'm not begging, damn it!

AND THATS HOW IT SHOULD BE, MY GOOD MAN!

Props.

-Crokar-
Dec 12, 2006, 11:47 PM
i needed 9k a guy said said hed give it to me...i declined as i dont want to be a charity case....

Kichi
Dec 12, 2006, 11:51 PM
Yeah...beg now and then, but STRICTLY as a joke. If anyone ever tries to give me anythingI'll usually decline unless I'm in dire need of some. And if I really need it, then I make sure they want to first, and then thank them profusely afterwards.

happy_cricket
Dec 12, 2006, 11:53 PM
LOL, you wacky people and your "humor". It's so "funny" to see you pick on other players! You are all so "elite". I wish I were "you".

A2K
Dec 12, 2006, 11:54 PM
Along with 10 meseta I give them a homemade cake as a bonus. Didn't you know it will give you all four buffs like Megistaride if your health is below 50%?

omegapirate2k
Dec 12, 2006, 11:58 PM
On 2006-12-12 20:53, happy_cricket wrote:
LOL, you wacky people and your "humor". It's so "funny" to see you pick on other players! You are all so "elite". I wish I were "you".

Totally, I know I'm so "Elite" by picking on other "Players".

A2K: Your like santa clause, I envy you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2006-12-12 20:59 ]</font>

EphekZ
Dec 12, 2006, 11:59 PM
On 2006-12-12 20:53, happy_cricket wrote:

this game is about the grind especially the meseta now. also I just made 4k selling all the useless items in my bank, like the boards and such.

Maskim
Dec 13, 2006, 12:00 AM
The same thing I do in RL, to the extent one can in PSU.

'Oh, hold on, lemme check...'
*pull out wallet, go through the bills, intensely thinking about each one, then while putting wallet away*
'Nope, none of your money's in here.'

Sychosis
Dec 13, 2006, 12:01 AM
Picking "on" other players "is" fun.

It mak"es" me "feel" so elite.

DarkSeph
Dec 13, 2006, 12:31 AM
lol! I'm surprised indeed that you even realize those kind of people exist....I couldn't even tell you the stuff I've seen cuz it doesn't even register in my brain if it is below a logic level of a say...10 year old http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

But as for people who truely play the game and are cool...yeah, I've given them stuff before or sold it wayyyy cheaper....but that's different

BloodDragoon
Dec 13, 2006, 12:40 AM
I only give things to people I feel need it. And none of these people ever asked for anything from me. My typical response to a player running around town begging for items/money is usually "Hmm... You know if you spent as much time going out and earning it as you are begging for it right now you'd probably have what you want already."

MaKaVeLi_X
Dec 13, 2006, 12:53 AM
On 2006-12-12 21:40, BloodDragoon wrote:
I only give things to people I feel need it. And none of these people ever asked for anything from me. My typical response to a player running around town begging for items/money is usually "Hmm... You know if you spent as much time going out and earning it as you are begging for it right now you'd probably have what you want already."

Lol yeah... someone was begging me for 134 meseta so he could buy Frozen bullet art lmao.

AnamanaAU
Dec 13, 2006, 12:55 AM
It's Lineage 2 all over again. ADENA PLZ

Kaidenx
Dec 13, 2006, 01:07 AM
I've given people 3k meseta who I felt were really poor and had seen them about for some time still having struggles. Pick on them,I hope it makes your epen*s bigger that you have more time to play than they do. I'm nice,solely because I know exactly how they feel. Since i've achieved a level where money in the 1k-10k range isn't as hard to come by now I do not mind helping out friends or none no lifers from time to time.

omegapirate2k
Dec 13, 2006, 01:09 AM
But heres the thing, they have the time to sit around begging for money, but they don't have enough time to actually do missions themselves?

Show me your logic.

Kaidenx
Dec 13, 2006, 01:13 AM
I'll briefly say again. I only helped out and help those I commonly see about doing something(missions or so) from time to time. And know of. Not the ones who sit about screaming for meseta 24/7. That's an obvious scammer wh*ore. The logic was there,just needed to re-read and suck it in thoroughly.

omegapirate2k
Dec 13, 2006, 01:20 AM
The meseta whore is the one I'm referring to.

Sure, if a character I know well enough wants my help, I'm more than happy to do what I can. I've already spent 60k+ on my little bro (who comes to my house every other weekend and plays PSU sometimes) buying him Hajirods and stuff...

Sorry for misreading your post, my bad.

Seyren
Dec 13, 2006, 01:45 AM
No one has ever asked me for money, and if they did, I'd just shrug it off and ignore it altogether. I don't think stuff like that is worth a response of any kind. Not because of what they're doing, but because I feel it makes ME look bad to turn around and heckle a beggar. Not only that, but everyone seems to have their own excuses for why they're poor and I just don't care to listen to all of them.

I only get a few hours a day to play, but I still did the relics/de ragan grinds like everyone else since the day of the NA release whenever I saw something I wanted. Hell, I can't tell you how many times I did it JUST to dump it all on a 20k piece of clothing, and then go right back for another 10-20k to use for synth materials.

It's not really about time or whether or not you have a life. It's about having the discipline to go as far as necessary to get that which means the most to you.

But I guess this is more like tears in the rain for someone who came from FFXI where the grinds are worse and the rewards are minimal.

Agne
Dec 13, 2006, 02:46 AM
well one day i was having a bad day, so when one of those beggars asked me for $100 i said "k"
then sent him a trade invite... and sat there. looking at all my options. for 5 minutes.... lol
then when he closed the trade window i was all like "dude why wouldn't you accept the deal i put 5k on there for ya. lol hooked again for like 5 minutes. lol

when he closed the trade agian, i again used the "man your system must be lagging. i put the 5k on there, let's try one more time cuz i don't know what's up." and once again mwahahaha 5 minutes of laughing my *^*&(%%^ ass off.

when he closed it this time, i told him how much time he wasted and how he could've been making money in the lvls much faster than begging.... especially since he lost 15 minutes lol mwhahahahahaaaa

He said some profanity and left. I walked away as well, only now having a good day.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 13, 2006, 02:54 AM
PSOW should start a Salvation Army of sorts. I'd donate gift-wrapped Moon Atomizer X's. :3

EC_Subbie
Dec 13, 2006, 03:10 AM
I saw some guy asking for 2k, so I gave it to him. The end.

FrogKicker
Dec 13, 2006, 07:37 AM
What to do when someone nublet asks for meseta:

Step one: Say "OK"
Step two: Open trade and proceed to put all your meseta up(the more the better, try to aim for at least 100k).
step three: Confirm but do not finalize.
step four: Go watch a movie or something.

AnamanaAU
Dec 13, 2006, 08:01 AM
On 2006-12-13 04:37, FrogKicker wrote:
What to do when someone nublet asks for meseta:

Step one: Say "OK"
Step two: Open trade and proceed to put all your meseta up(the more the better, try to aim for at least 100k).
step three: Confirm but do not finalize.
step four: Go watch a movie or something.
That's hilarious.

MayLee
Dec 13, 2006, 08:06 AM
I help out a person in a different way. I help level up when they are new, I help get an item when their starter weapons and armor sucks.

Polenicus
Dec 13, 2006, 08:43 AM
There are basically two types of beggar in online RPG's from my experience:

1. Those who honestly don't know HOW to make money, are frustrated by their attempts, see all the shinies other people have and are really just asking for HELP rather than money. Money is just the most likely type of help they'll get.

2. Lazy-assed turds who don't WANT to earn money legitimately, don't want to learn, and/or feel it's much more fun/profitable to scam people out of THEIR hard earned money.

The easy way to tell them apart is to offer to teach the person in question how to make cash, and how to properly invest that cash to make MORE cash.

If they tell you to perform an impossible reproductive act, you're looking at #2.

If they don't, take the time to teach them the basics. Tell them about shops (The best way to flip those synthing raw materials into cash), synthing (Before you open your shop, one of the cheapest ways to level your PM is to use all those 'useless' synth mats to synth 1 and 2 star items to feed to your PM), cash runs, and where they should focus their resources (Rangers don't need to buy every elemental bullet for every gun they own, Forces don't need the ultimate staff for their level, early on levelling the technic itself is probably more important, Hunters need a balance between weapons and armor, etc.). Your advice could fall on deaf ears, but you never know. I've been surprised pleasantly several times when the beggar I helped out went on to be better at making money in-game than I am.

Tsudori
Dec 13, 2006, 09:57 AM
I only ever "GIVE" money to people i know who are good for it e.g. a friend of mine needed 3k more to open his shop and he was playin for countless hours savin up, and i thought what the hell it only 3k and gave it to him, he made it up to me by givin me bak 5k later, so sometimes "GIVIN" money has its upsides. (the ironic thing is even i dont have my own shop lol but oh well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)