PDA

View Full Version : Best melee damage class and race combo?

Mugenakuma
Dec 13, 2006, 04:26 AM
I just bought PSU for the 360 and was thinking about putting together a high melee damage character. What class and race combo would be best? Any information would be most appreciated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mugenakuma on 2006-12-13 01:30 ]</font>

jarek99
Dec 13, 2006, 04:32 AM
You sound like you'd wanna to start off as a beast hunter. Then probably a fighgunner or Fortefighter as your expert class.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 13, 2006, 04:34 AM
male beast fortefighter is the highest meele damage.

Mugenakuma
Dec 13, 2006, 04:35 AM
Yea I was thinking a Fortefighter at first but then the fighgunner looked to be more well rounded since it can use guns. So are there any racial traits that make the beast better?

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 13, 2006, 04:36 AM
highest atp and highest hp I belive.

plust a beast nanoblast naurally comliments hunter type stats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-12-13 01:37 ]</font>

jarek99
Dec 13, 2006, 04:38 AM
The nanoblast ability sets the beast apart from everyone else. Its basically the "i win" button for boss fights or clearing a room. You cant use mates while in beast form, so make sure you are cool on health or have a healer around before you use it.

Mugenakuma
Dec 13, 2006, 04:42 AM
Awesome tips. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Sounds like Beast is the way to go. Now what about the differences between fortefighter and fighgunner in relation to melee damage? Is one capable of doing more melee damage and if so why?

KiteWolfwood
Dec 13, 2006, 04:44 AM
Fortefighter. Beast get a favored type bonus for being Hunters and Fortefighters. Around 1~5% bonus to all stats.

Mugenakuma
Dec 13, 2006, 04:48 AM
Oooo that's a very nice stat bonus. Looks like I will soon be cooking up a male Beast Fortefigher. I can't wait to start playing. Now I just have to wait for the game to ship.

Thanks for all the info. This forum/website is amazing and I'm glad I stumbled onto it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Lastly if anyone else has any more opinions on my topic please post em.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mugenakuma on 2006-12-13 01:50 ]</font>

jarek99
Dec 13, 2006, 04:50 AM
Well, I'm a fighgunner, so my answer will be a bit biased. Fortefighter has slightly more hp than a Fighgunner. But Fighgunner is the only class that gets double sabers. Fighgunners also get S rank twin daggers, which I will argue to death as the best weapon in the game. When it comes to doing high dps on many monsters and getting the killing blow, nothing beats twin daggers.

Mugenakuma
Dec 13, 2006, 04:54 AM
Well jarek99 your comment about S rank twin daggers reminded me of my good 'ole days as a WoW rogue. In PSU can I switch advanced classes if I want to?

Alisha
Dec 13, 2006, 04:56 AM
naoblast = i like your raincoat bitch

XDXDXDXDXD

KiteWolfwood
Dec 13, 2006, 05:14 AM
When people throw the "this class gets S rank blah blah blah" crap around it is kinda deceiving. Yes Figunner gets S rank twin daggers. But Fortefighter get A rank daggers. The difference in atp between A and S rank twin daggers is marginal compared to the difference in base atp of Fortefighter and Figunner.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 13, 2006, 05:17 AM
I was going by what he asked for the most damaging meele fighter, fortefighter is that, esp with a big ol' axe or somthing.

alot of people like 1h dagger more than 2h dagger anyways.

you have to lvl your hunter job up reguardless, so that will give you more time to learn more about the advanced jobs and wich one you want to choose. debating it now is a moot point as your level of understanding is nothing compared to what it will be.

Mugenakuma
Dec 13, 2006, 05:19 AM
Yup I agree Vicious. Either way now I at least know what race and class I want to start as.

Mio
Dec 13, 2006, 11:15 AM
In the end a fortefighter with A rank twin daggers will have more attack power than a fighunner with S rank twin daggers

Jozon
Dec 13, 2006, 11:17 AM
and the single claw owns both of them

Callous
Dec 13, 2006, 11:47 AM
Fortefighter gets S rank spear, which, in my experience, is the most damaging weapon in the game, plus it has reach, plus it has speed.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 13, 2006, 11:49 AM
I chose Fighgunner for the slight ATA boost as well for my Beast. Beast has the lowest accuracy so the slight boost will pay off in the end. Plus I like being able to whip out dual handguns for those flying monsters, because it does a lot more damage than any melee attack. EX, Neu Relic A, I do about 60-70 per hit with a melee weapon, my dual handguns do 120 each hit, so every time I fire that's 240 damage, which is obviously better. So I like fighgunner because of the melee and ranged weapon combination.

THE JACKEL

jarek99
Dec 13, 2006, 12:53 PM
Fortefighters have the best damage in the game. With a press of a single button, they do more damage. However, heavy damage requires heavy weapons. The big sword, axe, and spear are slow moving. Fighgunners that use daggers attack more much often and the PAs require less photons. Over a period of time, this damage evens out. Yeah, a single attack with an axe may do 600+ damage, but 3 spinning attacks with the dagger happen just as quickly and can hit 3 times for 250+ each on multiple targets.

BloodDragoon
Dec 13, 2006, 10:45 PM
Going straight off of ATP a M beast Fortefighter. However I still believe a Cast fortefighter is capable of competing on the same grounds considering Casts rate 2nd in ATP and 1st in ATA. Something I think is worth calculating in that equation where as Beasts rate 1st in ATP and 4th in ATA. Both races have special abilities available to them at lv 20+ that can dish out large amounts of damage in a short amount of time.

Daggers may have a decent damage output provided they have decent elemental % to go with them. However there's an issue I have with them that kinda turns me off them most the time and thats the fact they seem to rarely stagger an enemy when you hit them on A rank missions causing PA combos to not be completed. Where as I can almost always complete a 3 hit combo with Tornado Break on A rank due to the monsters staggering on the first 2 hits and getting blown away on the 3rd.

Spears aren't really all that slow IMO they just have a linear attack area that some people can't adjust to.

Axes I haven't used personally yet but the ones I've seen in game so far turn out some nice damage numbers despite having grossly underleveled PA's since the weapon supposedly takes forever to skill up.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 13, 2006, 11:31 PM
spear are slow moving

spears are not slow... they attack very fast, probably as fast or faster th an a saber but at the same time do more damge, piercing effect, range, and hit multiple mobs.

then the PA's are total ownage Dus Duggas 21+ is like 10 hits all with super high atp/ata in just a matter of seconds, put that 10 hits in a group of mobs and its 20 hits or more. Or bosses Or big mobs with multiple target points.

I think spear is the most versitile and best hunter weapon overall once you master it. But thats the catch, you cant just pick one up and use it to its full potential like the ever so popular twin daggers (run into group of mobs spam PA >.> repeat) You need a set of skills to use the spear and once you have those skills its a great weapon.

Also forces will thank you becuase now your not sending mobs flying everywhere (last hit if dus duggas does but you dont need the last part of the PA) and your not dying anymore constantly or eating resta spam because you have range to your advantage.

Mugenakuma
Dec 13, 2006, 11:31 PM
Interesting comments BloodDragoon. Now it seems that Cast and Beast both would make excellent Fortefighters. Still I am leaning towards Beast since they get the Fortefighter stat bonuses.

Ronzeru
Dec 13, 2006, 11:55 PM
Cast and human for fighgunner, Beast for fortehunter.

Ronzeru
Dec 13, 2006, 11:56 PM
On 2006-12-13 08:15, Mio wrote:
In the end a fortefighter with A rank twin daggers will have more attack power than a fighunner with S rank twin daggers

hence why you do more with the doublesaber

-Shimarisu-
Dec 14, 2006, 12:02 AM
Male beast fortefighter, now STOP trying to sell your class to this guy, you are BIASED and you know it.

It's quite hilarious.

To the OP: Newman fighgunner plainly. They get special bonuses from their pointy ears. I will defend it TO THE DEATH!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-12-13 21:02 ]</font>

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 14, 2006, 12:10 AM
yes because the ears pick up the wind values and thus they use that knowledge to properly adjust the sights on there guns for perfect aim. quite trivial really

Mugenakuma
Dec 14, 2006, 01:54 AM
Wow I knew those Newman ears were for something!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mugenakuma on 2006-12-13 23:59 ]</font>

Merumeru
Dec 14, 2006, 02:15 AM
XD beast fortefighter for massive damage, cmon, so what if u miss a bit or dont get to use cheap dual daggers to their maximum potential XP

Mugenakuma
Dec 17, 2006, 07:58 PM
I am now a lvl 9 Beast Hunter and have been enjoying twin sabers, however I am curious if this is the highest DPS weapon for my setup?

What does everyone think is the highest DPS weapon overall?