PDA

View Full Version : Megid (how not to be killed by it????) S Mission

drakkula
Dec 13, 2006, 07:27 AM
topic......i'd like to play the S mission available at the moment, but its nearly impossible to get away from it without any deaths....
have u guys got S rank for this mission? how many points did u get??

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: drakkula on 2006-12-13 04:28 ]</font>

AnamanaAU
Dec 13, 2006, 07:56 AM
S Rank on LL S is all about the PA Fragment, but they aren't of any use yet and by the time they ARE out, it'll be like candy to obtain.

Linear Line S is all about the rare drops; Boards, Materials and so on. They sell for up to 250k depending on the rarity. Don't worry about dying, in fact don't bother taking scapes. These missions are currently all about the drops. If you want mission points, go farm Agata A.

Grr
Dec 13, 2006, 07:58 AM
LL S (the first mission) gave 1450 , 14 points , and a PA fragment.
Forgot about fight for food S points, too busy gawking at the 7 * dualie board off the mini boss (go go gagdet save 60-90k)

Alpha-Hunter
Dec 13, 2006, 08:14 AM
what mini boss? I'm only 43 and can't do FFF yet...

On 2006-12-13 04:58, Grr wrote:
LL S (the first mission) gave 1450 , 14 points , and a PA fragment.
Forgot about fight for food S points, too busy gawking at the 7 * dualie board off the mini boss (go go gagdet save 60-90k)

AnamanaAU
Dec 13, 2006, 08:15 AM
The replacement of SEED-Vance; SEED-Vitace.

Vhex
Dec 13, 2006, 08:26 AM
#1. Carry Scape Dolls... can't stress this enough. To reduce costs try searching player shops, or synthisizing Scapes using those millions boards you've aquired.

#2. Try not to get caught in front of Delsijans or in the middle of a mob of them. They are the megid shooters so be careful around them.

#3. Use high-spec armour, or ones with high dark % on them, even using Mega / Rainbow to boost your dark resistence further. For easy to find, cheap Dark armour, I suggest buying the Dark armour in the Tenora Shop with 25% Dark, and equipting the Mega / Rainbow unit from the parum shop in it.

PureEntropy
Dec 13, 2006, 08:35 AM
On 2006-12-13 04:56, JubeiSaotome wrote:
Linear Line S is all about the rare drops; Boards, Materials and so on. They sell for up to 250k depending on the rarity. Don't worry about dying, in fact don't bother taking scapes. These missions are currently all about the drops. If you want mission points, go farm Agata A.

Why not take a scape doll if you're in a party? It's not THAT hard to NOT die when fighting the creatures in LL. The drops are nice, but the point of S rank missions are for the PA fragments. I'm a fortecher, and I will need every PA fragment I can get.

Sometimes it's nice to play a different map AND get mission points, as opposed to diluting this game down to be either:

1) Farming for mission points
2) Farming for drops

I prefer to play the game to enjoy it and I like the variety of missions. The reason why I like this game is because I am able to acquire mission points, level techs, experience, and drops all at the same.

So if you pop into an S rank room, please have at least 1 scape doll with you. There is nothing more frustrating than playing 1/2 the level, having someone join, then they get hit by a megid and say "Anyone have a moon?". You could password protect the room, but it's nice to run with a full party. So if you join an S rank, have the common courtesy to bring a scape - just because you're not physically beside someone you're playing doesn't give you the right to be an ass.

Turambar
Dec 13, 2006, 09:27 AM
I've been in Item Farming runs before and S-Rank runs, and from my experience, it seems parties that don't have their mind set on S-Rank and also not carryig scapes seem to die alot less.

But anyways, some basic advice on not dying to megids. First, if you're a hunter type, hit them from the back. Don't go in and rambo away at them only to get shot in the face 10 times. Second, try to have at least 2 gunners with shock bullets to prevent megid usage by the deljabans. Yes, megid is a technique, but its activated by an attack animation, one that is prevented by shock. Three, watch your mini map. If you have deljabans behind you that can shoot unseen megids at you, try to move about to a safer area.

omegapirate2k
Dec 13, 2006, 09:44 AM
If nobody else has mentioned this, I think it would be appropriate to mention the seed vitace shoot megid (not just once, they shoot a few in rapid succession) as well, it took me by surprise because I took care of the first one no problem, then I got killed by megid while fighting the next 2, it kinda sucked because nobody had died on that mission so far, so we were going to get S...

-Dainslef-
Dec 13, 2006, 10:38 AM
That's weird, I dont think I've ever seen Vitace cast Megid before.

LL/FFF are EASILY the best place in the game to farm for items right now. That said, PA Fragments will also be a fantastic item, and mission points are good too so... It's up to you how you want to do it. Personally, I spend the extra 4k per doll. Yeah, it's expensive, but on average you lose one every 2 runs or so. You can sell one PA Fragment for 4k, easy.

omegapirate2k
Dec 13, 2006, 10:43 AM
On 2006-12-13 07:38, -Dainslef- wrote:

Yeah, I played story mode, and I never once saw them cast megid, I thought I would be safe.

I THOUGHT WRONG!

Just be sure to watch for it, and warn your party members beforehand.

Akaimizu
Dec 13, 2006, 11:06 AM
There's quite a few things that cast Megid at higher levels. Normally I would say, to Dodge. But just the mention of S sends shivers down my spine. That's mainly because there, enemies do everything fast, then. Dodging is just not an option.

It's one of the big reasons I've been doing what I can (while I'm young) to raise those ground bullets and stuff. I knew technique chuckers will eventually be top priority to silence. I can see myself with Level 30 grounds, some real high accurracy Twin Gunnies, putting primary focus on stopping the Megid attacks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-13 08:08 ]</font>

Sychosis
Dec 13, 2006, 11:08 AM
You need to shock the enemies in LL/FFF S. Silence doesn't stop them unfortunately.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2006-12-13 08:09 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Dec 13, 2006, 11:09 AM
Ahh. Thanks for the hint. Guess I need to work on Shock, too.

DocWellington
Dec 13, 2006, 11:45 AM
On 2006-12-13 08:08, Sychosis wrote:
You need to shock the enemies in LL/FFF S. Silence doesn't stop them unfortunately.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2006-12-13 08:09 ]</font>

Wrong, i read earlier about the Japanese having to use shock, they fixed that in the US version. I have tried extensivly with some friends.

Silence = No Megid(US version)
Shock = Megid ball to the face

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DocWellington on 2006-12-13 08:47 ]</font>

Turambar
Dec 13, 2006, 01:33 PM
I would say trust the multitude of LLS and FFFS runners out there that are going to disagree and say shock prevents megid. Its not a bug. If you actually look at deljaban's attack animation, when it throws out a megid, it does a downward strike attack animation first as a "throw". Shock basically prevents that attack animation from happening, and thus prevents the megid that only follows that attack.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turambar on 2006-12-13 10:33 ]</font>

AnamanaAU
Dec 13, 2006, 07:06 PM
On 2006-12-13 06:44, omegapirate2k wrote:
If nobody else has mentioned this, I think it would be appropriate to mention the seed vitace shoot megid (not just once, they shoot a few in rapid succession) as well, it took me by surprise because I took care of the first one no problem, then I got killed by megid while fighting the next 2, it kinda sucked because nobody had died on that mission so far, so we were going to get S...
They shoot 3 in a row.

And yes, shock DOES stop the megid, I've tested and proven this.

throttlekitty
Dec 14, 2006, 01:31 AM
Back to avoiding Megid-death, try keeping an eye on what's going on around you. One doesn't need to be constantly attacking! If you're melee, you can lock on, and spin around behind, causing the monster to expose his back to someone else in the party, who can then take over damage until you start up again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Or use the the same lock-on movement to avoid being hit by an adjacent monster.

Shazbot
Dec 14, 2006, 01:51 AM
1. ~30% Dark armor (even a 1 star armor will do. If you can get your hands on a B level armor with a little bit less than that Dark % then add the Rainbow slot unit to help)
2. Be a Fortecher
3. Cast Retier
4. Bring Laia Martinez and a melee PM

Do that and you won't die. Megid doesn't kill you if it can't take off at least 1 dmg. Don't bring Lou. Her Dark resist isn't good enough to survive 100% of the time. I dunno about other classes but the Fortecher definately has the magic resistence to null Megid. Careful of the plant-thing's Megid though; it's a lot stronger than a Deljaban's.

Cav
Dec 14, 2006, 04:22 AM
On 2006-12-13 08:45, DocWellington wrote:

On 2006-12-13 08:08, Sychosis wrote:

Wrong, i read earlier about the Japanese having to use shock, they fixed that in the US version. I have tried extensivly with some friends.

Silence = No Megid(US version)
Shock = Megid ball to the face

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DocWellington on 2006-12-13 08:47 ]</font>

having done FFF and LL S about 20 times now with a few handful solo. shock = no megid, silence = megid in the face.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 14, 2006, 04:26 AM
On 2006-12-13 06:44, omegapirate2k wrote:
If nobody else has mentioned this, I think it would be appropriate to mention the seed vitace shoot megid (not just once, they shoot a few in rapid succession)

They keep shooting megid until you or it dies. lol

Shazbot
Dec 14, 2006, 05:04 AM
From what I can tell, as of Dec. 14th on the JP servers, Silence will now stop the Deljabans from using Megid.

Guitarsmasher
Dec 14, 2006, 06:34 AM
On 2006-12-14 02:04, Shazbot wrote:

From what I can tell, as of Dec. 14th on the JP servers, Silence will now stop the Deljabans from using Megid.

SHAT TODAI! ZOMG O_O

RubyEclipse
Dec 14, 2006, 06:36 AM
I can confirm that silence does not stop the megid. It also appears that shock may not either, though the effect may have been fading at the time it happened. Doing some more research into the shock potential today.

Genobee
Dec 14, 2006, 08:59 AM
On 2006-12-14 03:36, RubyEclipse wrote:
I can confirm that silence does not stop the megid. It also appears that shock may not either, though the effect may have been fading at the time it happened. Doing some more research into the shock potential today.

Hell you have to remeber. if you shock or silence them in the middle of casting they will still be able to use the spell, and then go into shock or silence mode, We do it too, if a Bill de vear jumps on you right in the middle of a PA you will finish the PA then become paralized, same with shock and any other status effect.

Ri0T
Dec 14, 2006, 10:15 AM
Dang this argument is still so debated... My theory is that it is shock, simply being because of this:

1. I do not ever recall being hit by a Megid while a Deljaban was silenced.
2. I do not ever recall being hit by a Megid while a Deljaban was paralyzed, either.
3. I have been in melee with far more paralyzed Deljabans than silenced Deljabans.

Really, the ratio has to be around 10:1.

I wish my Cresaud could give off a silence or paralyze effect, then I could really test the theory out better, I think. It's hard focusing on exactly what's happening in the middle of battle.

Been playing for a long time in LL S... like every day since it's been opened. I still can't give a for sure statement that shock or silence is right or wrong. My gut feeling though, just by fighting there for so long and my thoughts on the above 3 points, leans me toward shock as being the Megid-reducer.

Vhex
Dec 14, 2006, 02:20 PM
On 2006-12-13 07:38, -Dainslef- wrote:

LL/FFF are EASILY the best place in the game to farm for items right now. That said, PA Fragments will also be a fantastic item, and mission points are good too so... It's up to you how you want to do it. Personally, I spend the extra 4k per doll. Yeah, it's expensive, but on average you lose one every 2 runs or so. You can sell one PA Fragment for 4k, easy.

You can't sell PA frags?

Pheromone
Dec 14, 2006, 02:37 PM
On 2006-12-13 06:27, Turambar wrote:
Second, try to have at least 2 gunners with shock bullets to prevent megid usage by the deljabans. Yes, megid is a technique, but its activated by an attack animation, one that is prevented by shock.

WRONG... level 4 shock doesn't stop megid, just lowers how often they use it. and yes.. they werent in mid animation when I tested this... or the shock wasnt about to end.... shocking them doesnt reallyhelp... go nade launcher

Gazette
Dec 14, 2006, 02:43 PM
SHOCK! NO, SILENCE! NO, SHOCK! NO, SILENCE! SKUB! NO SKUB!
Every anti-megid thread eventually devolves into a shock/silence debate.
I prefer to take the shock side, but if you're unsure, just freeze and kill them as quick as possible.

A high Dark type armor helps as well.

Pheromone
Dec 14, 2006, 02:46 PM
ummm clearly if they can still use megid when shocked.. shock doesnt stop it.... so I am right in that shock doesnt stop it

Carbinne
Dec 14, 2006, 03:13 PM
Neither shock nor silence seems to stop them from tossing megid. I'd say perhaps they seem to 'discourage' them from throwing Megid, at best. Perhaps it has to be Lv 4 silence or something, but I can't answer that. What does stop them from tossing megid is someone sitting in front of them making them want to smack them with their painful painful melee attack. So if you shock one of them and then tell the hunter to sic em, that jaban will probably not throw megid at anyone (even though that's all they can do, for some reason they don't like to use megid at point blank range). Be careful while approaching it because they will throw megid at you while you approach.

You could use silence instead but then that means the jabans can attack. So I'd say shock is more useful if you have backup. If you really want them out of the picture, sleep them or freeze them or use some effect like that.

Pheromone
Dec 14, 2006, 03:47 PM
On 2006-12-14 12:13, Carbinne wrote:
Neither shock nor silence seems to stop them from tossing megid. I'd say perhaps they seem to 'discourage' them from throwing Megid, at best. Perhaps it has to be Lv 4 silence or something, but I can't answer that. What does stop them from tossing megid is someone sitting in front of them making them want to smack them with their painful painful melee attack. So if you shock one of them and then tell the hunter to sic em, that jaban will probably not throw megid at anyone (even though that's all they can do, for some reason they don't like to use megid at point blank range). Be careful while approaching it because they will throw megid at you while you approach.

You could use silence instead but then that means the jabans can attack. So I'd say shock is more useful if you have backup. If you really want them out of the picture, sleep them or freeze them or use some effect like that.

here here, as I said, though I made no mention of silence.

DarkShadowX
Dec 14, 2006, 03:49 PM
Shock doesnt stop them from tossing Megid at me. But in the end I am a certified Megid Magnet ;>> <<;

Cav
Dec 14, 2006, 04:00 PM
When I enter that tiny room with 5 deljaban spawns, group them up, shock trap G them, then run around trying to get them to megid, and they dont. Shock stops it. Then when the shock wears off they start throwing megid like kids in dodgeball.

Jasam
Dec 14, 2006, 05:41 PM
From what I hear, SHOCK seems the majority case for stopping megid.

I also hear the enermys can time their attack to cast it as soon as it would wear off, and any server lag/disgreeemnts always take priority, so its had to garintee an enermy IS shocked even if it shows you they are, thus causing the occasional megid while shocked.

Carbinne
Dec 14, 2006, 05:45 PM
Maybe it has to be level 4 shock. I know they throw megid just fine with my level 3 shock. My Silence 2 from my twins actually seemed to be effective my last LLS solo run, so maybe I'll experiment with them more. Certainly though, when soloing, I find shock to be a good megid avoidance method when used with my anti-jaban tactics.

Itsuki
Dec 14, 2006, 05:49 PM
Perhaps you should be referred to the older longer post here -> http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=129671&forum=22

The general conclusion was:
Shock works fine on the JP version. Beautifully.
Shock doesn't work on the gimped US version.