PDA

View Full Version : New GameGuard = lowers FPS?

etlitch
Dec 13, 2006, 08:25 AM
(maybe it's just because most of my computers memory already has been allocated for compiling applications the whole day, but maybe not)

Well whatever. Has anyone noticed a large FPS/ increased graphics lag since the new gameguard update? Logged in recently to check my 6* synths- the FPS just dropped below my rooms temperature while I was in myroom, a big WTF?

Checked GFX settings and such- has been using the same settings whole the time, yet I'm getting some crazy FPS drops when I'm playing.

Before the FPS only dropped sometimes, but that was when some force cast a Ra-TECH covering whole your screen. Now it happens whole the time and everywhere, have'nt even gotten the high FPS I usually get at all.

Just me or has anyone else gotten this problem too?

Collar
Dec 13, 2006, 08:51 AM
On 2006-12-13 05:25, etlitch wrote:
(maybe it's just because most of my computers memory already has been allocated for compiling applications the whole day, but maybe not)

Well whatever. Has anyone noticed a large FPS/ increased graphics lag since the new gameguard update? Logged in recently to check my 6* synths- the FPS just dropped below my rooms temperature while I was in myroom, a big WTF?

Checked GFX settings and such- has been using the same settings whole the time, yet I'm getting some crazy FPS drops when I'm playing.

Before the FPS only dropped sometimes, but that was when some force cast a Ra-TECH covering whole your screen. Now it happens whole the time and everywhere, have'nt even gotten the high FPS I usually get at all.

Just me or has anyone else gotten this problem too?

"I haven't really noticed any issues other than a slight delay in the time it takes to get from one block to another. But, that is mostly my doing, seeing as, since the first 'lag patch' I switched to compressed textures under the custom graphics button on the startup splashscreen option selection. It clears up general lag but adds about 3 more seconds worth of load time between switching blocks. Try switching to compressed textures if you haven't, or didn't know about it and then see. If you do/did know about it, then I'm not really sure, as I haven't experienced any of these problems yet. And I've got a pretty old machine so... :

Hope you find a solution!