PDA

View Full Version : Dumb PM Question -Luck Stars-

Warnen
Dec 13, 2006, 09:23 AM
Was just playing a bit and I noticed my PM had the Luck Stars next to its name. Do these have the same effect as they do for player or is it something else entirely, can't really say if they were there all morning or if they just appeared towards the end of the mission I was on (didn't notice them till a boss fight).

Thanks

Mystil
Dec 13, 2006, 09:44 AM
Same effect. All PM's are recognized by the server as CAST females. So if CAST females have luck, so will all PM's.

Tahldon
Dec 13, 2006, 01:44 PM
But the real question is.. Does the PM's luck account for the OWNER'S rarity finds? Or the party's for that matter.

Tomeeboy
Dec 13, 2006, 01:46 PM
According to information taken from the Perfect Bible guide, only the party leader's luck is taken into account when doing missions.

Witchblade56
Dec 13, 2006, 03:51 PM
Ok does the luck that your PM has affect synthesis success? And if so that may account for the rarity of cast fem luck.

Spacepest
Dec 13, 2006, 04:05 PM
On 2006-12-13 12:51, Witchblade56 wrote:
Ok does the luck that your PM has affect synthesis success? And if so that may account for the rarity of cast fem luck.

This is something I've seriously wondered myself...does the PM's own individual luck affect synth rates? Why else give a PM luck???

Next time PMs have max luck, I'm going to try synthing a buttload of items just to see if the success rate is improved at all.

AeraLure
Dec 13, 2006, 04:10 PM
I tried a reasonable armor % synth (54%) on a 3 luck day with my PM, wondering this myself before too, and it failed twice. Obviously means nothing in and of itself, but I too am really curious about this and wondering if someone with the Bible knows? Many more synth attempts are needed and they need to be compared to results from non-luck days using the same synth %s before we'd begin to get an idea.

I dont believe it does, but hey, who knows.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-12-13 13:10 ]</font>

Witchblade56
Dec 13, 2006, 04:18 PM
You know i seem to recall someone stating that synthesis success was a random generator that functioned outside the luck parameter [this seems rather dumb imo as it does affect rare drop :/]

Im not entirely certain that i remembered that above info correctly.