PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't you say PSU is taking a turn for the better now?

Kanore
Dec 13, 2006, 09:46 AM
Back in late October/early November, PSU was blasted by almost everybody for a lack in everything in all aspects.

After the first patch, everything sprang up but died down quickly. However, the first two Universes on PC/PS2 have maintained good populations for a seemingly longer time than what happened after the first patch for this recent patch.

With an update promised this week and and what seem to be weekly updates in the future, wouldn't you say PSU is taking a big turn for the best?

I'm just disappointed that critics completely blasted it before it had a chance.

In before it's declared a sleeper hit.

Mystil
Dec 13, 2006, 09:48 AM
No. The game is finished, popularity wise. They can update everyday. It will not bring the lost players back.

But I don't care. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

FrogKicker
Dec 13, 2006, 10:02 AM
I don't recall it ever being bad.

Sychosis
Dec 13, 2006, 10:05 AM
On 2006-12-13 07:02, FrogKicker wrote:

Ronzeru
Dec 13, 2006, 10:06 AM
On 2006-12-13 07:05, Sychosis wrote:

Warnen
Dec 13, 2006, 10:12 AM
On 2006-12-13 07:12, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2006-12-13 07:06, Ronzeru wrote:

omegapirate2k
Dec 13, 2006, 10:12 AM

Mystil
Dec 13, 2006, 10:16 AM
On 2006-12-13 07:12, Warnen wrote:

You people are so silly.

BurningRage
Dec 13, 2006, 10:17 AM
On 2006-12-13 07:16, Mystil wrote:

You people are so silly.

Or are you the silly one?

Garroway
Dec 13, 2006, 10:18 AM
I wouldn't necesserily have called it bad but it did feel incomplete. In my opinion the state that the game is in now is closer to the state the game should have been released in.

-Dainslef-
Dec 13, 2006, 10:21 AM
I remember it being bad. I only played because I really love Phantasy Star... but really, by level 30, the game was EXTREMELY boring before this patch.

Kibbles
Dec 13, 2006, 10:21 AM
On 2006-12-13 07:17, BurningRage wrote:

You people are so silly.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 13, 2006, 10:26 AM
people complained, but that didn't mean the game was bad. Honestly people, what was so great about PSO that PSU doesn't have to offer? That's what I don't seem to understand. People that think this is so boring compared to PSO, it's basically the exact same thing, just updated!

THE JACKEL

Akaimizu
Dec 13, 2006, 10:33 AM
For me, I was too far behind the curve to see the issue of content. I still had quite a bit to do before the updates, and now that the updates are here; I already see a whole lot more time I need to invest in it.

It feels like they revamped stuff, including levelling conditions. Monsters seem tougher for the same level conditions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-13 07:34 ]</font>

AeraLure
Dec 13, 2006, 10:40 AM
On 2006-12-13 07:26, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
people complained, but that didn't mean the game was bad. Honestly people, what was so great about PSO that PSU doesn't have to offer? That's what I don't seem to understand. People that think this is so boring compared to PSO, it's basically the exact same thing, just updated!

THE JACKEL

Hunting for rares > finding materials and having a % to try and make something from them. It was more exciting. Now we grind out for materials and meseta, buy things, try synthing things once we've farmed enough materials. Same? Yeah sort of. Exciting? Maybe not as much. Game play has improved for the most part and there is more customization and both of those are fun. Content is improving. And why am I answering this question again? lol. (rhetorical - dont answer that hehe - I promised myself to stay out of these) Comparison topics are no brainers to me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Just my opinion anyway, but I am enjoying PSU. Quite a bit actually. Not the same but different. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

PSU has improved yes. It should have launched with somewhere around this amount of content and the community wouldnt have gone down to what it is, but it did pick back up now which is good since the people who hadnt quit but were merely idle have come back to play.

I think this, provided we have sort of regular updates, is our community level going forward now, until an expansion is on the horizon that generates new excitement, since try as I may I cannot bring back my friends that started the game with me. They simply decided to move on and wont come back. Probably many who left are like that. We who stayed found what we liked about the game and are here to stay, I imagine.

omegapirate2k
Dec 13, 2006, 10:40 AM
Yeah, alot of people didn't really have the patience to wait for the update and quit, which is a shame, even if they probably weren't fun people to play with, it still hurts the game.

Superguppie
Dec 13, 2006, 10:46 AM
It's really weird. On PSO there were a lot of people who totaly ignored things like storylnie and such, and grinded all the time. Especialy when TTF was released. Now they have a game that has grind dripping from it, and they quit because of that.......

grimstone
Dec 13, 2006, 10:46 AM
it has improved

Akaimizu
Dec 13, 2006, 10:53 AM
PSO used to be the big grind. There were like only 4 areas in it. Sure, some were multi-level of the areas, but that's all you got. Some of the levels altered a little with alterations; but the monsters all stayed the same. The monster enounters didn't even really mix up. You knew exactly what you would face, with each room type, in a given area.

That aspect remained the same for Episode 1 and 2, with the exception of seeing 4 more areas brought from Episode 2.

Even at this state, there's more places to go, and more variations of monster encounters, so in some ways, I think people look back on PSO with rose-colored glasses a bit.

I guess searching for rares is subjective. According to me, there's plenty of searching for rares since it's rather tough to get certain items and/or materials here. Even tougher to get rare boss drops or that random rare-enemy to pop up. You do have player stores, but in PSO, people simply could trade that stuff off so it's not like the same (you don't necessarily have to find rare for yourself) didn't exist in PSO.

In PSO, with all the duping, unless you swear you went legit completely, and didn't trade with friends; you hardly had to go for rares the same way.

Then there's the combat. Moving, and fighting, gets a nice facelift. It's no longer Click, Click, (charge)Click fighting anymore.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-13 07:56 ]</font>

AeraLure
Dec 13, 2006, 11:09 AM
Akamaizu, I agree. 100%. Its why I am here playing PSU and why I stayed, and why I am puzzled why some people at least in my gaming circle I cannot get to return now.

I was as legit as was possible through all that PSO madness and there were many things I hunted I never owned or found sadly. But that was the point. It was truly exciting to find the things I did and I had great fun with that. That level of excitement I havent found in PSU, since I dont find anything I get excited about really here in PSU. I collect materials, I synth (or omg, I try too lol), I buy things, and level characters and techs/PA etc. I have a lot of fun with that. That is what the fun is about here afterall. Yes there are some cool things to find, but it feels a little more like farming than hunting here and I struggle a bit to express what I mean I suppose.

Combat has by and large improved over PSO too. Only thing I miss is the 3-button light-hard-heavy combo that spiced up being a hunter a bit. Overall though combat in PSU is stellar. Another truly fun point about the game. It completely brought me into being a ranger despite hating the class in PSO for whatever reason. I can only point to gameplay improvements for that.

PSU is great now. Heck, it was great at launch, just needed a bit more once you hit a certain level. Its still ok to look back with rose-colored glasses too. I dont have any problems with that. I just dislike the adamant this or that topics and the other game being ranted against is suddenly the worst game ever. Most of us here playing PSU now loved PSO depsite its faults, and same for PSU.

Wheatpenny
Dec 13, 2006, 11:09 AM
PSU better than PSO and more content on the way! Up and up from here.

Chris28
Dec 13, 2006, 11:13 AM
anyone who says PSO is better than PSU is a complete idiot. I played PSO for 4 years and have over 1000 hours, and PSU is by far better than PSO.

AeraLure
Dec 13, 2006, 11:14 AM
On 2006-12-13 08:09, AeraLure wrote:
Akamaizu, I agree. 100%. Its why I am here playing PSU and why I stayed, and why I am puzzled why some people at least in my gaming circle I cannot get to return now.

I was as legit as was possible through all that PSO madness and there were many things I hunted I never owned or found sadly. But that was the point. It was truly exciting to find the things I did and I had great fun with that. That level of excitement I havent found in PSU, since I dont find anything I get excited about really here in PSU (more things later, I presume). I collect materials, I synth (or omg, I try too lol), I buy things, and level characters and techs/PA etc. I have a lot of fun with that. That is what the fun is about here afterall. There are some cool things to find too, maybe just not as many yet.

Combat has by and large improved over PSO too. Only thing I miss is the 3-button light-hard-heavy combo that spiced up being a hunter a bit. Overall though combat in PSU is stellar. Another truly fun point about the game. It completely brought me into being a ranger despite hating the class in PSO for whatever reason. I can only point to gameplay improvements for that.

PSU is great now. Heck, it was great at launch, just needed a bit more once you hit a certain level. Its still ok to look back with rose-colored glasses too. I dont have any problems with that. I just dislike the adamant this or that topics and the other game being ranted against is suddenly the worst game ever. Most of us here playing PSU now loved PSO depsite its faults, and same for PSU.

Wheatpenny
Dec 13, 2006, 11:14 AM
The beauty of PSO/PSU is that even though you may be on a hunt for materials a lot you still earn exp while doing that so you are still acomplishing something even if you don't get the item you seek.

Akaimizu
Dec 13, 2006, 11:26 AM
For me, it still has that babystep potential. Even if your goal is something you have to work for, (as you said, you still get experience and stuff) you're almost always *this* close to getting that neat new thing if you are aware of it.

I remember, last night, that I was just waiting for that next level increase to get the 3 TP I needed for my new Wand. While I was searching for Rappies, that's what I got. Use of a Wand with double the TP and double the PP. Good stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I even raised my Ranger Level from 6 to 7. Now I'm back as a Guntecher.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-13 08:28 ]</font>

Synyster
Dec 13, 2006, 11:38 AM
What people seem to miss completely is that PSU is simply a bigger, expanded version of PSO. The gameplay is essentially the same - work in teams to mash enemies, but now there are more weapons types, more versatility, and more areas to explore.
With regards to rare hunting, I do miss the old look-find system, but creating rares from materials adds another dimension to the weapons.
The only criticism I would have about PSU, is that it seems VERY money-orientated. You can't make money without money to start, and stuff is so damn expensive when you're jsut starting out.

Anyway, in my opinion, I think PSU is already better than PSO, and will only continue to improve.

AeraLure
Dec 13, 2006, 11:56 AM
On 2006-12-13 08:14, Wheatpenny wrote:
The beauty of PSO/PSU is that even though you may be on a hunt for materials a lot you still earn exp while doing that so you are still acomplishing something even if you don't get the item you seek.

Yup. And the thing PSU has going for it in this regard over PSO is at a certain point you didnt care too much about character development exp-wise or meseta-wise (lol) in PSO, nor were there of course any job development work things to do (save a tech disc upgrade maybe). At that point it really came down to runs for rares, with each level gain maybe making things a tad easier due to stat increase. PSU has it over PSO in spades in terms of character development obviously.

Think its really only the sense of the hunt and a few drops that are needed, as we have more than enough places to run around in, and those are surely coming as we see more S ranks. It was slower going in this department earlier on which, combined with a bit lower content, was probably what turned some away.

I have to agree that its only up and away from here for PSU.

MayLee
Dec 13, 2006, 12:13 PM
When I got PSU I mever noticed the problems because I got it after the things have happened. Unlike most people though, I love the game even with some of the minor issues that can be fixed.

zimmk2vgc
Dec 13, 2006, 12:17 PM
I think it's been kick ass all of the time! There's an initial grind at the beginning...but once you reach the point where you can easily do any of the first missions on the other planets, I cannot seem to get enough of it. As long as they keep adding new missions, this could prove be be HUGE.

All of the critisms that it received I thought were very nit picky and comparing it to world of war craft, which is like comparing apples to...er...rocks? They're two different formats. You can't compare like that.

Polenicus
Dec 13, 2006, 01:08 PM
Personally I prefer synthing to hunting rares, but that's simply because I have shitty, shitty luck and no patience. I prefer the incremental progress of synthing to the all-or-nothing random chance of finding a rare. Yes synthing has a chance to fail, but at least you know what the chances are, and can se when you're making progress towards another synth attempt.

As for PSU and all the people complaining... people are DUMB. The loudest 10% of any population are also the ones who think least before they speak.

PSO ver 1 for DC came out with NO content. It actually had far LESS than the offline version because there were no playable quests, and the storyline elements were cut. Forest to Falz, that's it. Sega never bothered to release much in the way of online quests, while the Japanese version players (On the same damn servers!) got lots.

Y'know what? That wasn't what the game was about. It was about running around, tearing shit up with friends and trying to get your grubby paws on that 'ultimate' weapon of your dreams.

PSU, even at launch, was that and SO much more. Damn near everything we asked, pleaded, begged and threatened for through PSO ver 1 through to Episode II is there.

And when it launched, people were bitching by day THREE, because EVERYTHING wasn't available, and the Japanese players were a month ahead of us in updates.

It's not possible to please everybody, especially when some people think someone else has what they don't.

I'm happy with how things are progressing. New stuff is still opening up faster than I can get to it, and I play more than your average gamer is likely to. Chances are the people who are griping are the ones who play far too much as it is.

mananas
Dec 13, 2006, 03:07 PM
Really? I liked PSO better than PSU for many reasons. I might explain when I don't have to study for two finals.

I was disappointed with PSU at first because well, it was just the XBOX360 Beta with a few more stages. Now I'm disappointed because if I want to succeed in the game it's more of a grind than PSO. I've played for almost 100 hours and I'm level 36. Money is so thin that one or more aspects of my character ultimately HAS to suffer... my PM just got past the ball stage, I'm still using 2 star weapons, I'm in the same clothes I started out with, and now I can't afford the new spells (although I did get gifoie). Now that the update is here, there are even more clothes that are more expensive that I can't afford, outrageously priced A rank weapons.... but I do appreciate the S-Rank missions, advanced classes, actually I appreciate a lot of things, but this game is definitely not meant for the casual gamer. Which is I guess what Sonic Team wants, you to play this game as long as possible so they can accrue as much money as possible, hence everything because so damn expensive. This makes me not want to play, because I can't see myself ever reaching my full potential without my real life suffering. I'm a senior in college, have a job, friends, etc. I can't pick this game up and have the same amount of fun as PSO. I spent over 500 hours on one character, doing the same 4 stages (I was on PSO v1 and v2 DC) not counting ultimate, for 500 hours on one character. PSO being less fun as PSU is completely subjective.

RadiantLegend
Dec 13, 2006, 03:23 PM
In pso people complained about meseta been useless, now in psu they complain not enough meseta. v_v'

Lavernius
Dec 13, 2006, 03:27 PM
(sarcasm) Ah yes, the good old days of PSO...
I mean 8 whole levels? That completely blows PSU's measely 19 out of the water! And synthing? Bah! I'd much rather have a 1/10000 chance of picking up a rare from a monster instead of buying a few materials and cobbling them together! (/sarcasm)
Tyrade over.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lavernius on 2006-12-13 12:28 ]</font>

DavidNel
Dec 13, 2006, 03:34 PM
The only thing I really miss are the techni-colored (sp?) levels and rooms. I just like the full on robotic, and futuristic, feel of PSO. In PSU, there is a little too much nature for my tastes... Yes there is one level I've played so far that I really liked, but it is at the end of the line in Parum, I think.

Personally, I just liked the tight quarters in PSO. Everything was predictable and orderly... Yeah, now it sounds like I have OCD... which I do... If I wanted to play a game out in the forests, I could have choosen any other game...

The lack of meseta is also a tad anoying. I like it because it is more work to get, but there are times when it just gets old. The limit of rares are also anoying, but I can see how this can be used to get Sega more money...

***offtopic***

How can I get PSO for the gamecube back up and running. Arn't the servers free now? Please PM me, because I don't want to shift the attention too much >_>.

Tear
Dec 13, 2006, 03:41 PM
On 2006-12-13 12:29, Nukei wrote:

Can't rely on critics anyway for online games, unless they re-review an online game after every major patch. Besides, most critics put a few hours into each game and some games start off slow or require major time investment before it gets any better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tear on 2006-12-13 12:44 ]</font>

VanHalen
Dec 13, 2006, 04:24 PM

Phaze37
Dec 13, 2006, 04:37 PM
Thye only thing that disapoints me about PSU compared to PSO are the branching mission paths. It hurts the pick-up-and-play quality that PSO had. If I log on and check my partner cards and see a bunch of my friends playing, I can't just simply join their game like I would have been able to in PSO. No, instead I have to play through 2 or 3 missions without them just to catch up to them, and by the time I reach them they've probably moved onto something else.

Doh42
Dec 13, 2006, 04:41 PM
You can mail them a simple mail and ask for them to invite you when they're done, instead.

You don't have to be the lone wolf, you chose to be.

DoubleJG
Dec 13, 2006, 04:50 PM
Other than the floating dupes, the game is definately becoming better each day.

I was fine with it during the first month, but more missions = more fun.

Phaze37
Dec 13, 2006, 04:58 PM
On 2006-12-13 13:41, Doh42 wrote:
You can mail them a simple mail and ask for them to invite you when they're done, instead.

You don't have to be the lone wolf, you chose to be.

That only works if the party leader happens to have my partner card. Often my friends will be on a team lead by someone I don't know, because we usually just join open games.

Guitarsmasher
Dec 13, 2006, 05:01 PM
On 2006-12-13 13:50, DoubleJG3288 wrote:

i just wish more ppl would play, if more ppl played, there would be more parties on each mission open. instead all i see are PWed groups, or none at all. everyone is at relics or LL, barely anyone's at moatoob http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Genobee
Dec 13, 2006, 05:06 PM
yea I'm not gonna lie this game flipping sucked when it first came out, but now it''s getting better, I like more with each update.

HiKeRI
Dec 13, 2006, 05:56 PM
On 2006-12-13 13:24, VanHalen wrote:

THE JACKEL

Pure-chan
Dec 13, 2006, 06:22 PM
I was already satisfied with the game pre-patch.

Now that the update is in place, I'm even happier with the game.

...then I think about how many more updates are lined up for the coming months.

*puts happiness on cruise control* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Inspektahdek
Dec 13, 2006, 06:45 PM

You people are so silly.

happy_cricket
Dec 13, 2006, 07:37 PM
On 2006-12-13 14:01, Guitarsmasher wrote:

On 2006-12-13 13:50, DoubleJG3288 wrote:

i just wish more ppl would play, if more ppl played, there would be more parties on each mission open. instead all i see are PWed groups, or none at all. everyone is at relics or LL, barely anyone's at moatoob http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

It's so odd for me to hear this. There is a huge (and for no apparant reason if you ask me, there is no NOL'd here) number of locked games, but I have never even once been unable to find a good team in any area, and I commonly play on all three planets.

Merumeru
Dec 13, 2006, 07:46 PM
XD having a blast, made lots of friends lately since everyones so actively grinding :3 definently a better turn...

uhawww
Dec 13, 2006, 08:14 PM

DTrunks16
Dec 13, 2006, 09:01 PM
The only problem I can find with PSU over PSO is that.. it feels less like a pick up and play game. In PSO, you could get on, play for.. about an hour or 2 maybe, and get through all 4 stages. PSU doesn't exactly have this feel to me.. sure, I could play this one stage over and over again, but in the end all I'm doing is grinding, which is good, but not exactly fun but for so long. I can't really find anybody else to play either; my friend got turned off from this game the moment he saw it would take him 6 hours to synth something, and I have to agree, the synthing turns me off as well. They geared this game toward the 'hardcore' gamers to me a little bit, because the only way anybody will be able to afford half of these items is to play wayyy more than the healthy amount O_o.

I'm not bashing hardcore players or anything, and I'm not saying PSU should be easy or anything to baby 'casual' gamers, but the problem is that some people love this game, like me for instance, but simply doesn't have the time to play 5 hours a day like we used to.. which discourages one from playing at all; whats the point in leveling if your armor and equipment is crap. This used to be balanced out in PSO by finding equips on the ground, but here the chances of that happening is so slim its scary. You could synth, but again, its such a hassle. Just not fun at all.. and thats what I'm playing this for, to have fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

What I'm basically trying to say is, PSU is great, but the reason alot of people are turned off by it is because, unlike in PSO, there's no real way to progress in the game unless you dedicated a massive amount of time to it. Atleast in PSO, if you got lucky and found a rare, you'd have a chance at selling it for money, or whatever. In PSU, not only is it harder to get rares, or afford gear in general, if you dont know what you're doing here you can really F yourself up, which wasn't really possible in PSO, which helped people experiment more. I'm afraid to buy anything on PSU because its like I'm making a life decision; pay for these twin daggers now and go armorless for a **** month, or get armor now and do Ragan runs till Christmas for a better weapon >_>.

Kirip-san
Dec 13, 2006, 10:41 PM
On 2006-12-13 15:22, Pure-chan wrote:
I was already satisfied with the game pre-patch.

Now that the update is in place, I'm even happier with the game.

...then I think about how many more updates are lined up for the coming months.

*puts happiness on cruise control* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I agree~nyo!^^

VelosofLight
Dec 13, 2006, 10:44 PM
If you played hard-core before, yeah, it'd get boring really fast. I had a ton of fun though, since I spent most of my time just screwing around.

Now, I think it's much better than it was before, since I'm working my hardest to get to Ranger 10, save up for a Grenade Launcher, A-Rank Shotgun, and so on... I mean, geez, I'm working my rear end off and it barely looks like I'm making any headway. I feel challenged, but I guess I'm just not used to working very hard, since everyone else seems to be breezing by me.

I wish I had more money, but I refuse to take it from hackers. Bleh.

Kirip-san
Dec 13, 2006, 10:46 PM
On 2006-12-13 19:44, VelosofLight wrote:
If you played hard-core before, yeah, it'd get boring really fast. I had a ton of fun though, since I spent most of my time just screwing around.

Now, I think it's much better than it was before, since I'm working my hardest to get to Ranger 10, save up for a Grenade Launcher, A-Rank Shotgun, and so on... I mean, geez, I'm working my rear end off and it barely looks like I'm making any headway. I feel challenged, but I guess I'm just not used to working very hard, since everyone else seems to be breezing by me.

I wish I had more money, but I refuse to take it from hackers. Bleh.

Duping killed PSO, although I thought the game was worth playing even with those dupes~nyo. =x

Banert
Dec 13, 2006, 11:50 PM
PSU is definitely taking a turn for the best, although i still say Sega should have released it in the state its in now. We should have had all classes and the first chapter to start off. I'm still not too fond of this "leak the game out slowly" thing.

Only two things PSO did better than PSU. Music, and drops. PSO had way better music, and I miss weapons dropping like candy and rares actually being...rare.

Kanore
Dec 14, 2006, 06:53 AM
On 2006-12-13 20:50, Banert wrote:
Only two things PSO did better than PSU. Music, and drops. PSO had way better music, and I miss weapons dropping like candy and rares actually being...rare.

Well, we only have one S Rank Mish, and S Rank = Ulti, so we have a long way there. As for music... That's why I downloaded all the Ep 1, 2 and 3 music ^_^

Vhex
Dec 14, 2006, 08:52 AM
On 2006-12-13 06:48, Mystil wrote:
No. The game is finished, popularity wise. They can update everyday. It will not bring the lost players back.

But I don't care. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

It just came out what, 2-3 months ago?? We haven't even hit Christmas yet.

Genobee
Dec 14, 2006, 09:01 AM
On 2006-12-14 05:52, Vhex wrote:

On 2006-12-13 06:48, Mystil wrote:

It just came out what, 2-3 months ago?? We haven't even hit Christmas yet.

NO it has, PSU came out at the worst time... right in the ass of next gen consoles..... PSU for Xmas or a PS3? hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Garnet_Moon
Dec 14, 2006, 11:21 AM
No it's not taking a turn for the better because Kerseline is dropping for everybody else, and not me. ;-;

Dihnekis
Dec 14, 2006, 12:57 PM
A lot better for me. I haven't hit job level 10, but at least I have an incentive to do so now.

JPGen
Dec 14, 2006, 01:18 PM
It's not so much that people quit because the game sucked in the beginning, it's just that you couldnt really improve your char is what turned people away. For example, yes you could get lvl 50, however you were stuck using lvl 20ish weapons. Yes, you could lvl up, but you couldnt lvl up the job you wanted to be, and it left you feeling so limited. It wasn't that there weren't enough missions, it was the shear fact of not being able to really improve your char.

I realized this myself and stopped playing. I logged in when advanced jobs came out and played it for a bit but stopped playing after it since. My subscription ran out, however I'll be back in a few months so I wont really have to worry about running out of things to do. I enjoy this game much more than PSO, it's just I dont want to run out of things to do in the first two weeks.

Anyways, what im getting at is if they had put the amount of things you can do with your char now when the game came out, you would still see universes 1-4 full as opposed to 1 and maybe 2 at peak times. The first month or two in an mmos life is very important, and the way they handled it, they lost many people to it. It's a shame really, because PSU is such a great game. If only they wouldve had a better, more thought out launch... Oh well, cant change it now, and because of that, this game will never become a mainstream mmo.

nori
Dec 14, 2006, 01:37 PM

-Ryuki-
Dec 14, 2006, 01:39 PM
On 2006-12-14 10:37, nori wrote:

Nor did I.

The only complaint, is that it's still grinding, in order to obtain your beloved A-S Rank weapons. =/

Mystil
Dec 14, 2006, 02:02 PM
Of course there is nothing wrong with the game. The updates though are'nt big draw-ins anymore.

rush340
Dec 14, 2006, 02:28 PM
On 2006-12-13 07:21, Kibbles wrote:

On 2006-12-13 07:17, BurningRage wrote:

You people are so silly.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I almost cancelled my account, and then the christmas patch came out, and I was happy I didn't. I think they should have included some of the stuff in this patch with the release of the game. Before the patch, I felt there wasn't much to work for. I couldn't bring myself to play past the level of B rank weapons until the A rank weapons existed as a tangible award.

HyperShot-X-
Dec 14, 2006, 02:46 PM
..ppl should do away w/ this mentality that 1st 2-3 months after the launch will make or break morpg game on this scale for yrs down the line,.. it takes yrs of planning n development to do something this big, and as fan of the beloved game it'd be quite impatient to judge how popularity will turn out in the next 4-6 mo. the heck it's not even 2 months yet since the launch and Sega is working out all the bugs n issues as well as timely updating servers w/ new contents.

the game will get better n more popular in time, it's just matter of how far ppl wuld try to be more patient w/ the game n keep their personal negativities to themselves...