PDA

View Full Version : For all the forces/fortechers

zimmk2vgc
Dec 13, 2006, 12:12 PM
Do you consider hunters to be rather annoying? What really annoys me is when they use the photon art that spreads all the enemies everywhere and then they're all dead leaving you with no exp. That and they seem to b completely reliant on you healing them, being completely devoid of the existence of mates.

What are your opinions?

Sexy_Raine
Dec 13, 2006, 12:28 PM
Read my topic.

There's nothing you can do about it. That's how Sega made this system. This game caters hunters.

I'll admit though, not all PA's do this to point where you won't hit an enemy at all. Only a couple PA's do this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-12-13 09:38 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Dec 13, 2006, 12:34 PM
Wow, I'm surprised you haven't adapted yet...I complained about this when I was in my teens levelwise however, I've gotten over it and have adjusted my playstyle accordingly. Just as a Hunter shouldn't expect a Force to heal them whenever they want a heal, a Force cannot expect a hunter to NOT use a weapon.

Have you ever thought about this from the Hunter's POV?? If you're a hunter, frontline and a bunch of enemies are surrounding you, the best thing to do is spread them.

As a force, you should've already tagged everything. Stop spamming Diga and Foie...try some other spells...

Pob
Dec 13, 2006, 12:38 PM
I use a gun/wand combo in teams like that. Gun tags, wand has resta and foie.

Tahldon
Dec 13, 2006, 12:38 PM
Well I can't particularly agree with you. Though I understand what you're going through it all rolls around to that statement:

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me"

Know what I mean? If you know the hunters are gonna go in there and burst up the crowd, then there are a number of things you can do.

1) Get there prior to the hunters and blast a barta/Zonde spell through the herd then run back and let them have at it.

2) Wait til they burst up the heard and time your spell to catch the monsters on the downfall.

Be fluid like water man, adapt adapt adapt. I'm a Fortetecher myself, but if something bothers me I'll figure out a way to solve the problem. Just telling hunters not to use their strongest arts won't do anything, mind you, but make them upset and start a class war.

If you've been a Force/Fortetecher for a good while you can literally gauge your spells to know where they'll hit and how far away you can be for it all to happen.

Moral of the story? "Adapt and overcome" is all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tahldon on 2006-12-13 09:42 ]</font>

MayLee
Dec 13, 2006, 12:43 PM
I just use my most favored bow and element to tag all enemies before they kill them off. I am actually the one that finishes them..>.>

I'm such a cold blooded killing Machine. >>

Numnuttz
Dec 13, 2006, 12:57 PM
the only time i find them annoying is when they tell me how to do my job as a foretecher.Or when i dont get protection from the mobs.

AeraLure
Dec 13, 2006, 12:58 PM
On 2006-12-13 09:38, Pob wrote:
I use a gun/wand combo in teams like that. Gun tags, wand has resta and foie.

This is my solution too. Get in there quick and strafe with an offhand ranged weapon of some sort. With a wand in the other hand you're on the quick for a Resta or a Reverser as needed. No more problem. [edit: yes, if Reverser isnt needed in the area, put an offensive tech of some sort on the wand and drop Reverser]

If you have the time to switch to a Rod and aid in the damage support once you've done the above, so much the better. In a party where you dont have time to tag things before they're dead though, a gun/wand combo is your friend. Everything you need is immediately handy in that setup since it sounds like the party is having no trouble finishing things off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-12-13 10:00 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Dec 13, 2006, 01:15 PM
I apologize. From now on if I'm surrounded I'll break out my Spear/Sword use use THAT to get out of the crowd.

If I'm surrounded, I'm going to spread them out. And I don't need you to heal me. Spend that precious PP on tagging things and stop bitching about what weapon I use. You don't want to heal me AND you don't want me to split mobs up. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 13, 2006, 01:19 PM
well, once you guys enter B rank and higher, the enemies will not be dying from one Hunter PA, so you'll have plenty of time to tag enemies with spells while the hunters are slashing at them. Also, as a Twin Saber user, I only use that 3rd part of rising crush(the one you're most likely to complain about) unless its a very serious situation.

AeraLure
Dec 13, 2006, 01:20 PM
Teamwork and co-operation. Gotta love it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

But really, in response to Zeta, I do wish to heal you and simply put, wish things to die in the fastest means possible when I am in that mode of party play. If that's the way its fastest for you ok, I can adapt. I know you were replying more to the OP, but I think the OP didnt mean to attack hunters per se so much as rather wasnt sure the best way to adapt to things dying so quickly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-12-13 10:28 ]</font>

MayLee
Dec 13, 2006, 01:22 PM
On 2006-12-13 10:15, Zeta wrote:
I apologize. From now on if I'm surrounded I'll break out my Spear/Sword use use THAT to get out of the crowd.

If I'm surrounded, I'm going to spread them out. And I don't need you to heal me. Spend that precious PP on tagging things and stop bitching about what weapon I use. You don't want to heal me AND you don't want me to split mobs up. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

*sigh*

No comment.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

JAFO22000
Dec 13, 2006, 01:34 PM
On 2006-12-13 10:22, MayLee wrote:

*sigh*

I understand how the Hunters are feeling. I've done a lot of PUG's since the update and there are a LOT of horrible forces out there. No Resta. No Reverser. Either using Foie or Diga on a cane (regardless of enemy element or # of enemies) or using a bow (be a ranger if you want to shoot things 90% of the time!!). Hell, I was in a party last night and had to heal the other two Forces in the room...they wouldn't heal themselves!!

Want to test my theroy?? Anytime you're in a lobby, check the TECHNIC skill of the Forces/Fortetechers there. More often than not, Diga, Foie and some other Tech are 24+, and the rest are 16 and below. I saw a Level 52 Fortetecher, Resta level 6 Reverser level 9 Diga 25, Foie 23....

Turambar
Dec 13, 2006, 01:40 PM
Almost every PA a HU has will inevitably on the last extension, knock enemies down and far away. Its just the way HUs work. To ask them to gimp themselves just so your attacks is more effection is more than abit selfish.

On a similar note, stop screaming at Fortegunners when they use the grenade launcher and knock things down and around. That weapon is meant to be used as crowd control. Do you expect us to waste 24 PP on just one enemy?

AeraLure
Dec 13, 2006, 01:59 PM
Well, no excuse imho for being a Force, being in a party, and not having Resta and/or Reverser ready on call. Granted, more job classes can now use them to some degree too, but it is a Force's strength and remains so. Forces like JAFO22000 describes are, or have been at least, primarily soloing Forces. I've been about 50/50 really and my Resta is 17. Do wish to get it over 20 as well, but I havent even been using Treya for weeks now. Suffice it to say, no matter what your current level of Resta is, if you are a Force and in a party, unless specifically arranged otherwise, expect to have Resta and Reverser on demand. The other players really shouldnt even have to ask. There are now support classes, but until buffs are released, it remains largely in a Force's realm.

The flip side of this of course is if you are a Hunter, use mates from time to time to heal yourself if it looks like just maybe your Force is out of range, or if just maybe your are up to 20 of all mates and it wouldnt hurt you any to use some. I've seen plenty of hunters content to nearly die when I am halfway across the room trying to heal someone else who ran all the way over there for some reason lol.

Think we have all seen our fair share of one or the other classes that do exactly what we are frustrated about, hence this little debate pops up every once and a while. Given that I actually go into any party I join set with the gun/wand combo expecting to race around tagging things quickly with a ranged offhand before settling into being the sole Resta machine. Exp gain suffers a bit as I dont always hit everything but mission point accumulation is of course faster than were I to engage in constnt soloing, let alone partying being more fun. Then there are those gems of parties where I am so pleasantly surprised I almost fall out of my chair, and hunters and rangers heal themselves sometimes, most of us tag most everything while it still remains fast play and I can actually be occasionally offensively minded too. But hey, that's the environment before us when we join random groups.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-12-13 11:10 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Dec 13, 2006, 02:03 PM
On 2006-12-13 10:59, AeraLure wrote:
Then there are those gems of parties where I am so pleasantly surprised I almost fall out of my chair, and hunters and rangers heal themselves sometimes, most of us tag most everything while it still remains fast play and I can actually be occasionally offensively minded too. But hey, that's the environment before when we join random groups.

It is nice to find parties like that, isn't it? Too bad it's the exception and not the rule..

Zarbolord
Dec 13, 2006, 02:08 PM
The people I know do not spread enemies out into different directions and we all manage very well to coordiante our team play.

Genobee
Dec 13, 2006, 02:08 PM
Yea play and S rank mission the longer the monster is on the gropund or in the air, least time it's gives it to use Megid, and I'm not about to sit there and wait for you to RA spell it to death while I'm getting pounded to death or dodging megid's in and out and since your busy begin mr. glass cannon I'm not getting healed, Just for your EXP. Also PA's do alot more damage then a RA spell or a GI spell.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-12-13 11:09 ]</font>

AeraLure
Dec 13, 2006, 02:09 PM
On 2006-12-13 11:03, JAFO22000 wrote:

It is nice to find parties like that, isn't it? Too bad it's the exception and not the rule..

Yeah it is. There's always that little rush where you say to yourself "omg, its one of those!" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

AeraLure
Dec 13, 2006, 02:12 PM
On 2006-12-13 11:08, Zarbolord wrote:
The people I know do not spread enemies out into different directions and we all manage very well to coordiante our team play.

Lucky. Most I knew no longer play, my best friend included. Now I simply wander around aimlessly sometimes joining random things and sometimes soloing, but there are times when I find great groups, so its all good.

Sotaka
Dec 13, 2006, 02:16 PM
On 2006-12-13 10:59, AeraLure wrote:
my Resta is 17. Do wish to get it over 20 as well, but I havent even been using Treya for weeks now.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-12-13 11:10 ]</font>

You have to admit, it's a pain to level up Resta at times. Especially when doing speed kills against low-rank missions. =/

Resta level 12 on my 25 Force so far.

AngelLight
Dec 13, 2006, 02:21 PM
While some of the people on here seem to have a pure "priest" mentality which isn't always the best idea overall as force, I do believe that most of what has been said here is true. The ideal situation is a party where all members are accutely aware of what the other people in the party are doing. If you can get coordination out of your teammates then there's no reason why you can't have a balanced growth in your skills and not have to worry about people freaking out on "oh your offence spells are higher then your defense? then you must suck " mentality. Of course, this is more likely to happen in static parties and guilds then it is with PuGs.

Also keep in mind for those who only focus on healing, the story missions are all solo. So if you ever intend to do the higher level ones (the current 2 are relatively easy...for now) you'll have a harder go at it with lower combat skills then you will if you had followed a balanced growth. I think the situation that Jafo is describing is an extreme case, but yes you will sometimes see a situation like that. But, still, just because someone's resta isn't the highest score on their skills list doesn't mean that they are not people who heal in parties so take scanning someone's skill levels with a grain of salt. Just be aware that a Force is both healing AND offense

As for hunters and their PAs, I'd prefer some restraint from being a PA spammer....but obviously the good hunters will know that they have to break a group sometimes. Spammer Hunters are usually of a lower caliber (and yes, they bring the hunter community down in general) but you can't just blanket statement say that hunters cannot use a knockback skill. To use less then 100% of your potential is to breed in weakness in yourself. Just be aware that others may need to get some swings in too and not to open up right from moment one with twin saber or Double Saber PA spam. Take some normal swings at a target starting out....you'll find it to be more PP efficient and the rest of your party will be happy with you too. As for healing, you should always have mates and not expect someone to attach themselves to you as a healbot.....but then again, a force should be using 100% of their abilities as well and that includes watching out for the well being of their charges from time to time (but not to babysit them).

Long story short, balance has to be struck between all classes for there to be a peak potential party.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelLight on 2006-12-13 11:24 ]</font>

Ravennittes
Dec 13, 2006, 02:35 PM
For spells, use gi- or ra- and tag quickly, then move on to poweful spells when most stuff is tagged and do your damage.

Midicronica
Dec 13, 2006, 02:44 PM
Ugh, no need for a long ass post. Yes, it's annoying, but there really nothing we can do about it. I just adjust my play style to tagging enemies and when they knock back the enemies I switch targets.

The Ra-21 spells have amazing range so I don't miss very often. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif RaDiga= FLIPPING HUGE!

AeraLure
Dec 13, 2006, 02:53 PM
On 2006-12-13 11:21, AngelLight wrote:
While some of the people on here seem to have a pure "priest" mentality which isn't always the best idea overall as force, I do believe that most of what has been said here is true.

Yeah. Just want to drop in to say I agree and didnt mean to give that sort of a position, if I in fact did. Balance is best and a Force is great in an offensive support role as well, it simply really depends on the party makeup and mentality. It all changes and shuffles around again when we get buffs and debuffs too.

Akaimizu
Dec 13, 2006, 03:18 PM
Actually, it is unfair to just look at the levels of Resta and Reverser against other Techniques out there, to tell if they aren't playing them right.

Attack techniques are the ones used the most, in order to take down monsters. Even if you were just to simply tag the monsters, you're already using those spells many times more than you use Reverser or Resta.

Plain and simple, the opportunities to use Resta and Reverser don't come so often, and they level up slowly because of it. I've even run around a whole mission, knowing I've pretty much kept everybody's health up, when they needed it or they simply didn't have max health during a breather; and noticed that I still did loads more attack techs.

This is especially true for a smaller but stronger party.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-13 12:20 ]</font>

AngelLight
Dec 13, 2006, 03:20 PM
Well I'm just gratified that it seem that overall, at least from forces I've seen so far in my playing time, the force community both here and online is improving so much. There's alot to be said for someone who can strike that "harmony" point in their playstyles that they are an asset in both things and as a result become a "force" unto themselves (sorry for the bad pun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif).

Keep on fighting the good fight fellow casters ^_^

JAFO22000
Dec 13, 2006, 03:26 PM
Weird. Perhaps I'm using my Resta/Reverser too often?? These are the EASIEST for me to upgrade...they are my 2 highest level Techs now and will easily be my first two to 30.

MayLee
Dec 13, 2006, 03:27 PM
On 2006-12-13 10:34, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2006-12-13 10:22, MayLee wrote:

*sigh*

I understand how the Hunters are feeling. I've done a lot of PUG's since the update and there are a LOT of horrible forces out there. No Resta. No Reverser. Either using Foie or Diga on a cane (regardless of enemy element or # of enemies) or using a bow (be a ranger if you want to shoot things 90% of the time!!). Hell, I was in a party last night and had to heal the other two Forces in the room...they wouldn't heal themselves!!

Want to test my theroy?? Anytime you're in a lobby, check the TECHNIC skill of the Forces/Fortetechers there. More often than not, Diga, Foie and some other Tech are 24+, and the rest are 16 and below. I saw a Level 52 Fortetecher, Resta level 6 Reverser level 9 Diga 25, Foie 23....

You can't asume every Force is like this, besides. I do beleive rangers can't use bows. I heal ALL the trime. Hell, ask some of the people here. I go out of my way to personally FIND someone just to heal them. And yes, I use my bows and foie a lot, I made my bow, therefore I'll put it into some good use. my Resta is level 18 Foie 20. Barta 6, Zonde..well it sucks. I try to get all techs up. I'm nothing like this unless someone tells me how I should play my game, then it gets personal.

AngelLight
Dec 13, 2006, 03:33 PM
straight rangers can't use bows online, but any time you mix any class with force you get some bow usage.....so Guntechers have bow usage in this case (and thus have the best of both worlds in terms of longest distance range potential, though they lack the final push that S ranks can give damage wise once released as well as the benefit of a 30 PA ability).

Sexy_Raine
Dec 13, 2006, 03:35 PM
Resta is very slow a leveling up. Reverser is a bit faster. I have a LV27 foie and 27 diga both which I intend to get to 30 pretty soon. Once that's done, I will bring other offense spells into my set up and put my focus on them. I do use variety, put will put my attention to a few at a time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-12-13 12:38 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Dec 13, 2006, 03:35 PM
I would never tell anyone how to play, but when you see people who only have Diga/Foie to high levels, it's no WONDER that it's hard for them to tag everything in the room before. Barta, Zonde or any of the Ra-spells are MUCH easier for tagging.

Also, people use Diga/Foie because it does the most damage. True, but to ONE target! If I see, say , three of those Zebra/mohawk things in front of me on Moatoob I can:

A: throw a Foie, hit one for ~980 damage, possible burn damage
B: throw Rafoie, hit all three for ~550 damage, possible burn damage to all three

Pretty simple choice for me, but some will still throw their Foie due to the larger number. I guess it's just different play styles...

MayLee
Dec 13, 2006, 03:40 PM
I usually tag with Rafoie.

I think I might have spread the story a bit, but I bet my Resta is little lower than 18. I would say 14 for my taste. It does infact take a lot longer to level Resta/Reverser. My reverser is like level 6, I usually go to Moatoob where the status effects take place..

AngelLight
Dec 13, 2006, 03:41 PM
On 2006-12-13 12:26, JAFO22000 wrote:
Weird. Perhaps I'm using my Resta/Reverser too often?? These are the EASIEST for me to upgrade...they are my 2 highest level Techs now and will easily be my first two to 30.

The only explanation I can think of is that you play with a static party that forces you to be a heal bot (or you yourself force you to heal bot) and you rarely if ever play outside of this group. That or this heal bot mentality is burned into your mind from a previous MMO, perhaps FFXI or WoW....I dont think you're a GW player since this distinction of Healbotting isn't prevalent there as they are in the more traditional MMO type games. Another possibility is that you do this because you're having trouble raising funds and focusing on only one role (a priest) allows you to save on costs for additional equipment and additional tech discs.

Keep in mind that some things can only be done by yourself....story missions for example....in this regard you're gimping yourself on the survival front. Also keep in mind that you can have too much healing and not enough DPS or DPM and thus overall slow down missions that way as well.

Once again, the ideal way to run as force is to strike a balance between all of your skills that will make up your "build" and that said build allows for the maximal growth potential across skill development, job development, and race development.

Hope That Helps.

Sychosis
Dec 13, 2006, 03:44 PM
My resta is level 15. Groups I get into are actually a lot more competent than you would expect and don't require much resta-ing.

I'm quite glad my resta is so low, it proves the internets aren't completely filled with idiots.

AngelLight
Dec 13, 2006, 03:47 PM
On 2006-12-13 12:35, JAFO22000 wrote:
I would never tell anyone how to play,

There's nothing wrong with giving advice. If it's good company (as is common with a number of the PSOW forces I've met in game though not all. I'd imagine a number of them never even know that it's me talking in game since I dont use my handle here as an avatar name) then discussing ideas fosters a good community mentality which this game in general really needs.

Again, balance gives the most benefit for the widest range of situations. But, this is a game after all and if your comfort level is playing the role of a traditional "priest" then no one should tell you how you should feel. Just keep in mind that the beauty of the job we call Force is that we have the widest range in diversity in terms of what we can bring to the battlefield.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelLight on 2006-12-13 12:48 ]</font>

PureEntropy
Dec 13, 2006, 03:47 PM
I've taken the approach of using my newly acquired Gi techs to tag mobs. It's very easy, quick, and helps level the tech. All of my spells are in the upper teens, with I think Foie and Digga at around lvl 20. Resta and Reverser are both at 18. I'm lvl 45 / lvl 2 Fortecher.

I do find it amusing though to see some Lvl 50 fortechers with a lvl 21 Foie and lvl 23 Digga with a Level 8 Resta - and that's it. No other techs used. I'm personally amazed that these people exist. I like using Zonde and Barta spells over the other ones for the status effects, but they just seem to lvl slower than the others.

It is a little frustrating to walk up to a mob, start your Gi animation and watch the mobs thrown across the screen by some other player's PA - but like others have said before, you just adapt to it. It's not game over if I miss hitting a mob before it dies.

Randomness
Dec 13, 2006, 03:49 PM
On 2006-12-13 12:44, Sychosis wrote:
My resta is level 15. Groups I get into are actually a lot more competent than you would expect and don't require much resta-ing.

I'm quite glad my resta is so low, it proves the internets aren't completely filled with idiots.

Mine just recently hit 17, I don't see any reason to rush it either. I'd much rather spend my time pushing my AoE techs over the next threshold. So far my Diga is 22 and Foie 21, but then my Ra-techs are all about 17, Barta 16, Gifoie 12, and Gibarta 7. Admittedly, anyone who has the Gi-techs to full range already is a bit mad imo.

Sychosis
Dec 13, 2006, 03:49 PM
On 2006-12-13 12:35, JAFO22000 wrote:
I would never tell anyone how to play

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Cause_I_Own_U
Dec 13, 2006, 03:51 PM
Why should the hunters gimp the parties damage just so some force can get to do his little crap AE that only hits once?

You're AE hits once for like 400, mine hits 3 times for 320 and on the last part hits 4 times for 300 and does a 3 mob knockback

Why should hunters slow down for forces in denial who think there damage means anything to the groups effectivnes? your damage is nothing compared to us. so just pull out that handgun tag what you can and heal bich whill the REAL dps do there job, dont forget the buffs foho

JAFO22000
Dec 13, 2006, 03:52 PM
On 2006-12-13 12:41, AngelLight wrote:

On 2006-12-13 12:26, JAFO22000 wrote:

The only explanation I can think of is that you play with a static party that forces you to be a heal bot (or you yourself force you to heal bot) and you rarely if ever play outside of this group. That or this heal bot mentality is burned into your mind from a previous MMO, perhaps FFXI or WoW....I dont think you're a GW player since this distinction of Healbotting isn't prevalent there as they are in the more traditional MMO type games. Another possibility is that you do this because you're having trouble raising funds and focusing on only one role (a priest) allows you to save on costs for additional equipment and additional tech discs.

Keep in mind that some things can only be done by yourself....story missions for example....in this regard you're gimping yourself on the survival front. Also keep in mind that you can have too much healing and not enough DPS or DPM and thus overall slow down missions that way as well.

Once again, the ideal way to run as force is to strike a balance between all of your skills that will make up your "build" and that said build allows for the maximal growth potential across skill development, job development, and race development.

Hope That Helps.

Not a healbot. Play with the same party, but they don't force me to do anything. Haven't played any other online RPG's beside PSO. My tech levels as of today (estimated):

Foie 23
Rafoie 22
Gifoie 5
Barta 21
Rabarta 22
Gibarta 6
Zonde 18
Razonde 22
Gizonde 4
Diga 24
Radiga 20
Gidiga 5
Resta 24
Reverser 24

Total Spell levels: 240 (estimated)

As you can see, I'm not a "healbot". I do keep my party healed often though, and take off every status effect I see. I don't think I'll have a problem with the Online story mode. Also, I've been told on many occasions that I'm one of the best forces people have seen. I do mass damage AND keep my party healed/debuffed. I get my share of kills and always try to tag. I feel that healing is my first priority, however. I will heal someone in need before making sure I've tagged everything. Again, I don't quite see how people can't get their Resta/Reverser up, but it's easy to me.

Akaimizu
Dec 13, 2006, 03:55 PM
Party Size is one thing, as I explained before. If you're in constant 6 person groups, as a force, and you're tackling tough stuff; you're chances of raising Resta is greatened. Reverser, on the other hand, you simply need to stick to areas where status ailments happen a lot.

Another thing, is whether people are taking much damage. Or if the people, fighting up front, are the kind that normally hardly take damage because they seem to take little enough damage for the Auto-healing Extra Slot attachment they have, to keep them healed. A bunch of factors.

Now keep in mind, I've been grouped with powerhouses.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-13 13:00 ]</font>

AngelLight
Dec 13, 2006, 03:56 PM
On 2006-12-13 12:52, JAFO22000 wrote:

Foie 23
Rafoie 22
Gifoie 5
Barta 21
Rabarta 22
Gibarta 6
Zonde 18
Razonde 22
Gizonde 4
Diga 24
Radiga 20
Gidiga 5
Resta 24
Reverser 24

Yes...I'd say that's a good growth range for yourself so far. Play alot in general? More curious then anything else....

JAFO22000
Dec 13, 2006, 03:56 PM
On 2006-12-13 12:51, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:
Why should the hunters gimp the parties damage just so some force can get to do his little crap AE that only hits once?

You're AE hits once for like 400, mine hits 3 times for 320 and on the last part hits 4 times for 300 and does a 3 mob knockback

Why should hunters slow down for forces in denial who think there damage means anything to the groups effectivnes? your damage is nothing compared to us. so just pull out that handgun tag what you can and heal bich whill the REAL dps do there job, dont forget the buffs foho

I hope you're on PC/PS2 so I will NEVER run into you.

Thanks.

Your pal,

JAFO

JAFO22000
Dec 13, 2006, 03:59 PM
On 2006-12-13 12:56, AngelLight wrote:

On 2006-12-13 12:52, JAFO22000 wrote:

Foie 23
Rafoie 22
Gifoie 5
Barta 21
Rabarta 22
Gibarta 6
Zonde 18
Razonde 22
Gizonde 4
Diga 24
Radiga 20
Gidiga 5
Resta 24
Reverser 24

Yes...I'd say that's a good growth range for yourself so far. Play alot in general? More curious then anything else....

Yeah, I have a lot of time invested. From the get-go, I worked on each spell pretty much equally. Some people got theirs to 20 "first", but it was only one. I concentrated on all of them. Had everything (execpt Zonde! *shakes fist!*) to 20 right before the update. I find it boring to work on one spell only. That's just me though. I guess I have to stop being so judgemental.

PaladinRPG
Dec 13, 2006, 04:02 PM
In parties, I will usually do what I can to make sure that every player tags every mob. This includes also conserving PP by going to normal attacks to hold something's attention if it is near death or afflicted with a status. The only time the knockback PA spam begins is with dangerous & large enemies threaten.

AngelLight
Dec 13, 2006, 04:05 PM
ah the joys of hardcore playing, sadly my life relegates me to the roles of a casual player http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

Oh well, at least I can still be out there at least http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Well, then I dont think you have much to worry about. You seem to be moving along at a good clip on your own.

AngelLight
Dec 13, 2006, 04:08 PM
On 2006-12-13 13:02, PaladinRPG wrote:
In parties, I will usually do what I can to make sure that every player tags every mob. This includes also conserving PP by going to normal attacks to hold something's attention if it is near death or afflicted with a status. The only time the knockback PA spam begins is with dangerous & large enemies threaten.

That's a good team mentality. So long as it doesn't cause undue danger, your playstyle seems most compatible towards a well functioning party. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sounds like you have alot of experience from other games (which would make your handle errily appropiate then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif)

Randomness
Dec 13, 2006, 04:09 PM
On 2006-12-13 12:56, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2006-12-13 12:51, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:

I hope you're on PC/PS2 so I will NEVER run into you.

Thanks.

Your pal,

JAFO

Agreed, except I have to hope for the opposite...

Anyone who thinks forces hould stick to healing needs to wake up. First, multiple enemies have reductions to ranged and physical attacks, such as the numerous enemies with shields, enemies whom Forces suffer NO reductions against. Furthermore, forces are capable of creating practically every style of area attack. cones, blasts, self-centered blasts, and linear shots. Further, they also gain the ONLY homing attacks in the game, Nosuzonde, Nosumegid, and cards. Healing is almost just the icing on the cake, because competent rangers shouldn't be hit much, and hunters should be able to keep enemies flinching and flying around enough to take minimal hits.

pso123hrf
Dec 15, 2006, 12:58 AM
you guys have a serious problem...

For all of thoes hunters and ask for a heal, im gonna leave.

-Peanut Butter

KiteWolfwood
Dec 15, 2006, 01:02 AM
As long as I get to tag everything I really dont care. As long as you are not off on your own then sure I will heal. Also I will not run into a group of mobs with my low hp to just heal you.

Kent
Dec 15, 2006, 01:10 AM
Hmm... Wasn't there a topic about this recently, with someone whining about how Hunters are "worthless" and crying about how they couldn't tag things because Hunters were managing enemies in their own way, and said person refused to be able to adapt?

Just think about it this way: The more people you come across using these "annoying" combat tactics, the more practice you'll have at making yourself better, by being able to adapt to it.

happy_cricket
Dec 15, 2006, 01:29 AM
I dont seem to have this problem... I usually get to the mobs first, and I make it so the hunters kill them faster. In fact, I am usually doing 250 to 300 + more damage than the hunters.

I really dont think FO's have ANYTHING to complain about....