PDA

View Full Version : Does any one have a price list for non-NPC items?

Gavin_King
Dec 13, 2006, 03:24 PM
Just opened up a shop the other day finally, and I have been making some great money, since I saved all my loot from before... However, I've only been selling items that can be bought from NPCs (from 50-80% off)... since I know what's a fair price for myself, but also a fair price for other players.

However, on non-NPC sold items, it's kind of hard to figure out that fair price. Granted I could search a bunch of stores to see what others are selling them at, but that would take a long time to do it for every one of my items I want to sell...

Just wondering if other people have already done this for themselves and could share that info with others.

Thanks

Maskim
Dec 13, 2006, 03:29 PM
Well, I would think that if you gave a list of the items you were wanting to sell, then perhaps folks who have been in the market for said items, or ones who have just seen them in various shops, can give you an idea of what they feel is a fair price based upon what they've seen.

Just a thought. I can appreciate wanting to check if someone else has already done the legwork. Work smarter, not harder, and all that. (I learned so much from Duck Tales when I was a kid.) You gotta do something though, man. I'm not gonna go out and get a list of every item not at npc shops and figure out a price for each of them. If you let us know what items you need the info on, though, it wouldn't be nearly as daunting a request you're making.

EDIT: oh, and there was a list much like what you're asking for. That was, however preupdate, and the economy has since changed. I'm not sure that list would be much, if any, help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maskim on 2006-12-13 12:31 ]</font>

Gavin_King
Dec 13, 2006, 03:34 PM
The Store item prices there are already lists of prices for that, which makes it very easy to put more stuff up on.

I completly understand it's a lot of work, but I figured someone or some site might have already done it.

Things I most want prices on are the synth materials that can't be bought at NPC stores.

PureEntropy
Dec 13, 2006, 03:49 PM
Your best bet is to do searches for the exact items you're questioning, as the market sets the price.

-Dainslef-
Dec 13, 2006, 03:58 PM
I play the market a LOT... while it would be hard for me to make a huge list, especially while I'm at work (and it would hurt my money-making, too), I can probably give prices for a few items if you list them for me.

Reiichi
Dec 13, 2006, 04:13 PM
If you do a lot of market browsing you get a feel of what items are in demand and not, and what prices work and not. Keep in mind that about 80% of shops have retarded price listings on 90% of their stuff.

What non NPC synth items are we talking about. Elemental photons? Monster parts for synthing room decorations? Also is this PC or Xbox, as I could use some NPC materials at 50-80% off http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PMB960
Dec 13, 2006, 04:45 PM
I just searched for what other people were selling them for and chose half that amount. Most people sell things for rediculous amounts like Christmas Trees for 40K. I sold mine for about 8K. If you want to get a good idea about prices check my shop although I have trouble keeping things in stock since my prices are so low. Just to give you an idea I opened my shop on friday (Dec 8th) and I have already made over 100K even though I haven't been playing much. Search for Billy to find my shop and I will help you with pricing your items and give you ideas about what kind of non NPC stuff I have sold and what I sold it for. Also remember we don't have items that need many of those items so it would be a good idea to hold onto some for when we can actually use them and the price will skyrocket.

BlueFire2k5
Dec 13, 2006, 05:59 PM
It really would be difficult to make an end all be all list of non-NPC prices. Since non-NPC products don't have a definable cap set on them like the NPC sold items, they will fluctuate based on supply and demand. Therefore, a list of prices made up one day could be obsolete the next.

My advice is to just shop around and see what others are selling the item at, and then come up with a price of your own.

-Dainslef-
Dec 13, 2006, 06:10 PM
Also keep in mind that, if, say, 30 stores are selling Stelnium for 2k, it's probably too much and you want to undercut that for easy sells. If it's something like Mot Ash, which only 3 players are selling for not less than 3500 (500 less than NPC price), go ahead and put it at 3500-3900.

These prices aren't meant to reflect on the current economy, btw, before someone tells me I'm wrong about price X. =D

Honestly, there aren't many non-npc items. The only ones I can think of are:

Armors - varies, dont see many non-npc made armors nowadays though, I doubt you need this info.

Parts - monster body parts, these dont sell except Deljaban Blades, which are around 25-50k

Boards - It varies, but boards you cant buy in stores are unusual

7* Weapons - anywhere from 60k to 220k. I see non-elemental or super-low quality (10% ish?) for 60-100k, usually, and I've sold a 32% light twinclaw for 220k.

8* Weapons - anywhere from 175k to 500k. The cheap end, again, is the non-elemental, low quality is about 180-220 depending on the weapon type, and high quality can go upwards of 300. I sold a 34% dark Ank Barde last night for 300k.

Hope that helps!

Pengfishh
Dec 13, 2006, 07:27 PM
It's my feeling that prices are best set at whatever price you're comfortable will sell the item.