PDA

View Full Version : PSU is different, but in a good way!

Itoshi
Dec 13, 2006, 06:11 PM
Hey, I got a little story about a WoW addict playing PSU!

I was at my friends house, and his brother, who goes to a boarding school, pops through the door. He asks what game we're playing, and My friend replies that we're playing phantasy star universe. I was watching at the time. My friend gets up and gives the controller to his brother, and tells him to give it a try while he runs to the bathroom. So, I help his older brother get through the character creation, he's enjoying it but he still looks like he's not to impressed. So he takes the tutorial, and he looks amazed. He kept ranting on about how cool it was that you selected missions and stuff. He finally gets into the Online world as a Newman Force. He plays a couple games, and he's really impressed. Me and my friend are watching at the same time. He finally puts the controller down, and concludes that "Phantasy Star Universe is different, but in a good way!"

Now my friend tells me that he barely plays World of Warcraft anymore, he just hogs the PS2 all the time in hopes of leveling up. He was even more happy when I told him about synthing. Overall, I think he likes it!

I come from knowing how PSU worked already. After experiencing that, I wondered if I would still like PSU if I hadn't know anything about it. But It does make me want to get my copy and my network adapter faster!

So uh, Discuss? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Lavernius
Dec 13, 2006, 07:06 PM
This story shows hope in the face of a bunch of PSU naysayers.

VanHalen
Dec 13, 2006, 07:12 PM
i had a friend who hated PSO for everything it was and use to laugh when me and my sister or his friend played. when he saw PSU he said "thats way better than the piece of garbage you and your sister played" i guess thats a good and bad thing (PSO wasnt garbage lol)

Phaze37
Dec 13, 2006, 07:13 PM
Some of my friends are quitting WoW for this game too.

Genobee
Dec 13, 2006, 07:48 PM
I quit wow for this, Because WoW sux ass when you hit 60

Mugenakuma
Dec 13, 2006, 09:29 PM
Ya I stopped playing WoW well over 6 months ago and I was crazy into it. Before that I played FFXI forever and a little bit of PSO on the GC. Now tI could'nt imagine playing any MMORPG other than PSU.

Itoshi
Dec 13, 2006, 09:32 PM
I played WoW for 10 days. Got to level 30 by the end of(Why did I try so hard...T_T) The best thing about it was the quests. But, I could just do a Quest Drive with some friends on Guild Wars for that, and get better rewards.

Diasuke-san
Dec 13, 2006, 09:45 PM
I played wow for a while and then i changed to pso. Thats what started it all for me. Once i got started i couldnt stop. at first i wasnt impressed but then it grew on me more and more and more. Now im so obsessed with PSU its scares people.....well.....except the people her on these forums http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

pineapple
Dec 13, 2006, 10:45 PM
On 2006-12-13 16:48, Genobee wrote:
I quit wow for this, Because WoW sux ass when you hit 60

same... sorta. Also, I don't actually have PSU yet >.>

BloodDragoon
Dec 13, 2006, 10:56 PM
I played WoW for a few months. Something like 8 characters to lv 60 in that time. IMO the content just wasnt there once you hit lv 60. At that point just do instances for gear and PK ppl... Doesn't take long to progress either due to the way you earned xp on every quest. It wasn't really horrible but it just wasn't for me. I'd still suggest WoW to people who had very limited game time or absolutely love PvP. If you have alot of game time and don't care about PvP you'll burn thru WoW too quickly for it to seem worthwhile. Just my 2 cents. However I started FFXI on Day 1 of the US PC release and I still play that to this day. So much more stuff left to do, HNM's to kill, items to find. And I WILL have my Maat's Cap some day. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Side note I've gotten friends that were previously WoW fanboys to quit for PSU just by showing them Youtube vids. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Pentence
Dec 13, 2006, 11:07 PM
Man my friend watched me play online abit bymelsef at lvl 7 with 2 PAs.He was like yeah i couldnt do this forever" i cant wait to show him my 43 n 25 with all their awsome weapons and PAs.He will be like "WHOALY SHYT".He thinks the pas are like single strong hits i told him about the almost 12 hit combo you can oull on some,he is still unimpressed.I know though once he can get his car outa his sisters hands(yeah geuss whos the family favorite) he will drop by ill go through some relics once own and he will want to try it.

When he finaly gets to see psu at its best ill post about his reactions.