PDA

View Full Version : 8* weapon prices

Zeizen
Dec 13, 2006, 06:19 PM
Hey everyone just thought I would get peoples opinion on the prices of most of the 8* weapons sold in peoples shop. Me personally I sell them from 175k - 200k. Also anyone know how much 8* weapons will be from a shop once they are sellable?

Remedy
Dec 13, 2006, 06:29 PM
I believe they're 165,000 next patch, but that's just an "off the top of my head" memory figure. Someone'll confirm/deny that in a bit, I bet.

-Dainslef-
Dec 13, 2006, 06:35 PM
"next patch" should be noted to refer to next major patch, which is in a little over two weeks.

As far as prices, it depends on the weapon. Non-elemental are about 175k, crappy elemental are around 190-200k, and fantastic elemental weapons can go for a lot more (just pointed out in another thread that I sold a 34% dark Ank Barde for 300k last night).

It also varies a little based on the weapon type. Thinks like Jogiris tend to not go for as much, due to a combination of popularity and the lower cost of Par Ebon.

ABDUR101
Dec 13, 2006, 06:45 PM
Elemental %'s cost increases need to have more thought put into them. Don't add 20-30k just because your damn weapon/armor has 10-15% elemental boost. As well, you don't need to be selling 25-35% elementals for nearly double the cost. If I'm going to pay double the cost for the weapon, it damn well better have 50% elemental boost.(EDIT: for reference, I'd never pay double price for any item just because it had quite high elemental percents. At most, 10k per 10% of elemental boost.)

I'm not even sure how some of you guys are able to sell the junk for that much, who are the idiots buying your shit and why aren't they visiting my shop? =]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2006-12-13 15:46 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Dec 13, 2006, 06:55 PM
I'd pay WAY more than double for weapons with 50%, you Americans REALLY underestimate %.

Dukelion
Dec 13, 2006, 06:57 PM
The way I go about selling pretty much all my items is to discount 10-20% off what I see in store prices that are BELOW npc price. For instance I see bulletmaster dual pistols (7star) for sale for 80k so I take it down to 75-72k. If I don't see a sale within a few days, I knock a few thousand off the price.

I plan on repeating this idea, once I get 8 star boards and beyond.

...heh it is a shame though that I will be making those weapons first for myself...and my friends http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Genobee
Dec 13, 2006, 06:59 PM
If anyone sells a Gun, wand, or rod of over retail price should be shot/slapped with said Item.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 13, 2006, 07:01 PM
Oh I guess I'm an idiot then. Huh?

From experience synthing, only 1/100 weapons will go 50%. I synthed 10 weapons a day for about a month. I only have 3 non bought 50%s, 2 are C and one is B.

That 50% is your total ATP plus 5%. All elemental weapons do that % damage on total atp +5%.

So you take a fortefighter with 500 ATP, using a weapon with 500 ATP, for simplicity.

A 10% weapon will give you 1150 ATP on monsters of opposite element.
A 50% weapon will give you 1550 ATP.

That's a HEFTY increase. An increase worth more than DOUBLE value.

For RARITY'S sake it's worth more than double. A 1/100 weapon has greater value than this!

Parn
Dec 13, 2006, 07:05 PM
Shim, if you keep telling everyone, the value will go up on 50% weapons, and everyone'll charge more!

Shhhhhh!

ABDUR101
Dec 13, 2006, 07:07 PM
On 2006-12-13 15:55, -Shimarisu- wrote:
I'd pay WAY more than double for weapons with 50%, you Americans REALLY underestimate %.

Yeah, me being american really adds into the equation. Good on you Shim, you got me, the dirty american can't comprehend it! Power level over 9000!!! =]

Dukelion
Dec 13, 2006, 07:13 PM
Oh I forgot to add that I tend to just sell stuff lower than any player store I noticed sells for. I just want a quick sale.

And Shim: Keep posting. I, a fellow cynic, enjoy your posts. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Shimarisu-
Dec 13, 2006, 07:18 PM
On 2006-12-13 16:07, ABDUR101 wrote:

Yeah, me being american really adds into the equation. Good on you Shim, you got me, the dirty american can't comprehend it! Power level over 9000!!! =]

I'm being factual, one reason I'm sticking with US is on JP I couldn't afford good %s. So I did crap for damage.

Genobee
Dec 13, 2006, 07:22 PM
I realy don't care about %, O boy I can kills same thing a half a second faster now that I have 50% when I had like 20% before, why would you pay that much for a single weapon with 50% when you can by 2 weapons for that much with decent precents,

Arislan
Dec 13, 2006, 07:46 PM
On 2006-12-13 16:22, Genobee wrote:
I realy don't care about %, O boy I can kills same thing a half a second faster now that I have 50% when I had like 20% before, why would you pay that much for a single weapon with 50% when you can by 2 weapons for that much with decent precents,

Because you already have a set of weapons with 20%, and want to keep improving equipment, likely. That way you can grind the 20's and have something decent, and have the 50% lowly ground for power.

Dukelion
Dec 13, 2006, 07:47 PM
Genobee, I was wondering the EXACT same thing for the longest time now. I am glad I am a ranger though. I like how I can have any of the current elemental bullets available on any weapon I want. I also like how the strength of that element is dependant on experience gained from using it.

Range bullet lvls are a good way of seeing how much effort someone puts in to raising them while any weapon with a % could have been bought instead of made by the wielder.

Reiichi
Dec 13, 2006, 07:49 PM
Please don't use the word 'american' instead of 'newb' k thanks.

Remedy
Dec 13, 2006, 07:54 PM
I'd pay WAY more than double for weapons with 50%, you Americans REALLY underestimate %.Well duh. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I'm talking about weapons that can't have percentages - specifically, Force and Ranger gear (ironically, the stuff that usually tends to be the most overpriced. Go figure!).

Genobee
Dec 13, 2006, 07:57 PM
On 2006-12-13 16:46, Arislan wrote:

On 2006-12-13 16:22, Genobee wrote:

Because you already have a set of weapons with 20%, and want to keep improving equipment, likely. That way you can grind the 20's and have something decent, and have the 50% lowly ground for power.

Or save the money and buy mats for an S rank, I go by the phrase, if it an't broke don't fix it, You guys make it sound like anyone with out 50% is useless and can't kill anything and justify this by selling a weapon for Double it's price just because it has 50% on it whens not any where worth that. seeing as how you just happened to luck out, you didn't do any hard work or more work or use more items they anyones else who syths. So you charge double because you lucked out? wow well call me crazy.

Dukelion
Dec 13, 2006, 07:59 PM
Your crazy Genobee and so am I.

...and so is everyone in my pc list...and everyone who buys my weapons with no element...

DummieAcount
Dec 13, 2006, 08:23 PM

I wouldn't call price jumps of up to 30k (highest ive seen) for 10% underestimating.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 13, 2006, 11:15 PM

too bad I'm such a cheap bastard.

-Dainslef-
Dec 13, 2006, 11:47 PM
Flame war aside, yes, percents matter a lot and people acknowledge that. I have no problem selling a weapon with 30% or so for about 50% more.

If people are buying it regularily for the price stated, then that's what it's worth, plain and simple.

Carbinne
Dec 14, 2006, 12:09 AM
I still use +2 and +4 ground 5/6 star guns. High elemental melee weapons are great but your luck or your wallet also has to be great to get them. I lust over those cool 7 star GRM pistols, but not so much that I'm going to immediately drop 90k for them.

Realmz
Dec 14, 2006, 01:01 AM
On 2006-12-13 16:47, Dukelion wrote:
Genobee, I was wondering the EXACT same thing for the longest time now. I am glad I am a ranger though. I like how I can have any of the current elemental bullets available on any weapon I want. I also like how the strength of that element is dependant on experience gained from using it.

Range bullet lvls are a good way of seeing how much effort someone puts in to raising them while any weapon with a % could have been bought instead of made by the wielder.

another plus is that rangers don't take a real big hit on elements, my twin locks with fire will deal about five damage less (per shot) then say the ground shot.

the flipside of course is that we don't really GAIN much from elemental too, but being albe to basically use any debuff we want seems fair to me lol.

now if only i could find guns that weren't 150% over shop price....

DarkSeph
Dec 14, 2006, 01:22 AM
LOL!!! **thinks back to all the posts I could have made that would have made things harder for ME to play the game**

...now with that being said.....one guy is right...only noobs don't realize the potential of higher % weaps.....and they sell it likewise.....but if word keeps getting out like this.....well anyone with a brain can understand what will happen

DarkSeph
Dec 14, 2006, 01:30 AM
...on a side note, I do see quite a few weapons grinded to 5 in shops that are being sold for double the price at times of it's 0 grind counterpart. Now that's just rediculous! Honestly people, it's not hard to get it to 5....anything over that, well yeah that's impressive and deserves more Meseta, but unlike Elemental %'s, weapons can easily be grinded to 5 and it should not be double, not at all!

Garnet_Moon
Dec 14, 2006, 04:35 AM
100k + 1k for every % up to 20.
ex. 14% Light Double Saber = 114k
100k + 1k for every % up to 20 + 2k for every % from 21 up to 29.
ex. 22% Light Double Saber = 124,000
100k + 20k for every 10% from 30 - 50 + 5k per individual %.
ex. 36% Light Double Saber = 190,000
60k for Photonless blades.

Base price for 8* for me will be 160k instead of the 100k from 7*'s.

Going past 30% is over powered. Any melee job who pays attention understands this.

Sometimes i'll just price them for 5k per incriment of 10%. It just really depends on my mood when I put items up for shop.

B rank weapons I just price under 10k just to get rid of them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-12-14 01:39 ]</font>

-Dainslef-
Dec 14, 2006, 01:52 PM
I'm noticing a lot of people talking about what they "will" sell items for when they make them, or commenting on things they arent in the market for yet. I'm not trying to be rude, but just for the record, there's a big difference between what random players plan on selling something for at some point in the future, and what the actual economy currently supports and regularly charges. So, it might be more constructive to talk about what we've bought and sold 8* weapons for regularly than talking about things which havent actually happened.

That said, the market has changed a little bit. Everything has gotten a little cheaper, probably around 180k-200k for 10%-15% weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Dainslef- on 2006-12-14 10:53 ]</font>

Reiichi
Dec 14, 2006, 02:07 PM
Prices will also keep going down as more people work on their 8* sets of 20%+ or whatever they feel like getting. More offloading of trash 10-18% elementals means more undercutting in that area. Stuff seems to be around 150-200k now (excluding ridiculous shops of 300k for trash elemental %) Also know that not all weapons synth at the same %.

For 8* I think anything above 20% is decent and should fetch a respectable price. I mean it's 8*, how elitest are you? BTW this is only for A exclusive weapons (claw, twin claw, axe, ds, etc.) A 20% elemental sword/saber/dagger/knuckle just won't cut it with high elemental 5* running around. I think you have maybe a 50% chance of scoring 10-18% and a 50% chance of scoring 20%+. Personal experience will vary but I think that's about how I am doing so far with 8*.

JPGen
Dec 14, 2006, 02:30 PM
On 2006-12-13 16:01, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Oh I guess I'm an idiot then. Huh?

From experience synthing, only 1/100 weapons will go 50%. I synthed 10 weapons a day for about a month. I only have 3 non bought 50%s, 2 are C and one is B.

That 50% is your total ATP plus 5%. All elemental weapons do that % damage on total atp +5%.

So you take a fortefighter with 500 ATP, using a weapon with 500 ATP, for simplicity.

A 10% weapon will give you 1150 ATP on monsters of opposite element.
A 50% weapon will give you 1550 ATP.

That's a HEFTY increase. An increase worth more than DOUBLE value.

For RARITY'S sake it's worth more than double. A 1/100 weapon has greater value than this!

Sorry but that is wrong. The % that increases your atp is from PAs. However with the elemental %, it adds that % to your dmg. For instance, if you have a 50% fire weapon and you normally hit an enemy for 100, if you hit an ice enemy youll hit for 150, and about 50/hit if you hit a fire enemy.

Same applies with armor. If you have fire armor that has 50% on it, and you normally get hit for 100, an attack from a fire enemy will hit you for 50. If you get hit from an ice enemy youll get hit for 150.

Natrokos
Dec 14, 2006, 03:12 PM
If an item is 50% elemental I am willing to pay 50% more then npc price. Whatever the elemental percentage is, that is how much percent more I am willing to pay.

That's just me.