PDA

View Full Version : People Dying turning your S ranks into A Ranks.

Ronzeru
Dec 13, 2006, 08:14 PM
On 2006-12-12 18:17, Ronzeru wrote:
Yea, only losers boot people who die on accident without a scapedoll either. Unless that person died on retarded reasons.

The quote above was one remark out of many i've made in the past in various threads concerning this topic.

Umm... for all the people I trashed on for sayin it doesn't make sense to boot someone for dying, I found out the other day that I am infact, a hypocrit. Sorry =/.

Was doing a Holy Grounds run on B with 3 people. Two people were afk, and i'm a level 56 Fighgunner, so I was able to solo my way to the end of the first block like nothing. A 4th person enters that's a level 54 Fortehunter and as he does, one of the two afk guys comes back.

They catch up with me at the end of a block with me clearing a room, and proceed to help out. The other guy just comes up, fights for a bit, and just DIES like it was going out of style. Ontop of that, he had no scape doll.

Now I just solo'd the entire block, and only used maybe two dimates tops. A guy comes, AND WITH HELP mind you, and just dies to less than a handful of mobs that I can take on alone.. on a B rank one as a level 54.

I never had the urge to boot someone as much as I did then... I didn't kick him, but to see a S rank turn into a A rank before my eyes just urked me.

So I guess I udnerstand the feelings that goes through the rest of your heads when it happens to you. I just ran my mouth, never knowing what it felt like, until it finally happened to me.

So, this is my formal apology.

Sowwy v.v;

-Shimarisu-
Dec 13, 2006, 08:17 PM
I played BB, so losing S rank because somebody died, instead of losing half a day's levelling because YOU died, just seems like nothing horrendous to me.

Sychosis
Dec 13, 2006, 08:17 PM
The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away...

uhawww
Dec 13, 2006, 08:18 PM
Megid happens.

Ronzeru
Dec 13, 2006, 08:19 PM
I don't like feeling annoyed. I'm a really nice guy. Please... don't die in missions i'm in if you're only in it for 2 minutes, and no Megid fireball of evildarkness is flying around. Please? =(

Gamemako
Dec 13, 2006, 08:19 PM
On 2006-12-13 17:17, -Shimarisu- wrote:
I played BB, so losing S rank because somebody died, instead of losing half a day's levelling because YOU died, just seems like nothing horrendous to me.

As Maddox would say:

QED, bitch.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

//EDIT: Reminds me of Lineage II. Get to level 60. Die. Lose 30 hours of grinding.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gamemako on 2006-12-13 17:20 ]</font>

Sychosis
Dec 13, 2006, 08:20 PM
On 2006-12-13 17:19, Ronzeru wrote:
I don't like feeling annoyed. I'm a really nice guy. Please... don't die in missions i'm in if you're only in it for 2 minutes, and no Megid fireball of evildarkness is flying around. Please? =(

::Formulates an evil plan::

Ronzeru
Dec 13, 2006, 08:22 PM
On 2006-12-13 17:18, uhawww wrote:
Megid happens.

Megid doesn't happen in a Holy Ground Relics, B mission sadly =/.

Ronzeru
Dec 13, 2006, 08:23 PM
On 2006-12-13 17:20, Sychosis wrote:

::Formulates an evil plan::

Normally my reply to that would be "Die Sychosis...."

But being as this is an odd situation, i'm at a lost of how to respond to you. ~_~

PMB960
Dec 13, 2006, 08:27 PM
Wouldn't this be considered a stupid reason. I am a Newman Force and I don't die on B-rank missions and I am only level 31. I think in that case you were right. With that high of a level character you shouldn't be dying. If it was A-rank I would say you are wrong but if you are over level 40 with help you shouldn't be dying on B-Rank missions. I wouldn't say it was an accident because I think you would need to try to die at that high a level in such a low rank mission.

Mystil
Dec 13, 2006, 08:46 PM
On 2006-12-13 17:14, Ronzeru wrote:

On 2006-12-12 18:17, Ronzeru wrote:
Yea, only losers boot people who die on accident without a scapedoll either. Unless that person died on retarded reasons.

The quote above was one remark out of many i've made in the past in various threads concerning this topic.

Umm... for all the people I trashed on for sayin it doesn't make sense to boot someone for dying, I found out the other day that I am infact, a hypocrit. Sorry =/.

They catch up with me at the end of a block with me clearing a room, and proceed to help out. The other guy just comes up, fights for a bit, and just DIES like it was going out of style. Ontop of that, he had no scape doll.

Now I just solo'd the entire block, and only used maybe two dimates tops. A guy comes, AND WITH HELP mind you, and just dies to less than a handful of mobs that I can take on alone.. on a B rank one as a level 54.

You're not a hypocrite. That player died for retarded reasons. If a lvl54 dies in B rank(they barely do damage to me unless it's the tengohs)then..what the hell, you can't get more retarded than that.

KiteWolfwood
Dec 13, 2006, 09:47 PM
You have no excuse to not have at least 5 scape dolls with you at all times past level 40.

icewyrm
Dec 13, 2006, 10:19 PM
He probably changed classes and forgot to reequip his armor/slot items, and then got critted by a couple of monsters at once. Unless he just didnt notice his health bar. Multiple crits can be reeeeally nasty if you forgot your armor, hehe.

Sometimes if i've been playing for a really long time and my eyes start getting tired, I can lose track of my own health bar. Though by that time it's probably a good idea to log off and save everyone else the trouble, hehe.

Gazette
Dec 13, 2006, 10:21 PM
I usually don't care if someone dies in my parties.
Be it C or an S rank mission, it doesn't matter to me save for one exception.

If it is an S rank mission, and we have yet to start, I usually ask my party mates if they all have scapes.
If they all say yes, then we're good to go, if one says no, I'll gladly provide at least one.

I've had people lie to me before and say they do...
Then they go and die mid-mission and suddenly they're eating dirt rather than standing back up...

That kind of crap I consider unforgivable...
If you have no scapes, then fine, but if you're not even going to be upfront about it when I try to GIVE you one, then you're out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-12-13 19:23 ]</font>

nefarious
Dec 13, 2006, 10:34 PM
<3 grove of fanatics boss.

Yay for taking a sip of soda and eating 6 rounds of missles and getting practically 1shotted at 38 by a level 20 boss.
>.>

AnamanaAU
Dec 13, 2006, 10:42 PM
Death happens, it's nice to have a scape or two, but there's no need to be a complete jerk about someone dying.

Diasuke-san
Dec 13, 2006, 10:49 PM
On 2006-12-13 19:42, JubeiSaotome wrote:
Death happens, it's nice to have a scape or two, but there's no need to be a complete jerk about someone dying.

I agree just wait till you die by accident one day and everybody hates you then. Its happens to everyone no need to get mad.

Kirip-san
Dec 13, 2006, 11:20 PM
On 2006-12-13 19:49, Diasuke-san wrote:

I agree just wait till you die by accident one day and everybody hates you then. Its happens to everyone no need to get mad.

It's nice to feel safe playing with friends all the time~nyo. <3

-Crokar-
Dec 13, 2006, 11:25 PM
again what are these scapedolls you people speak of?

Thrash777
Dec 13, 2006, 11:54 PM
lol, I usually just give them the guilt trip... "well, we can only get a max of A now... all cos you just died... better not die again, otherwise that's B... and people are going to get angry with you..." etc

Strider_M
Dec 14, 2006, 12:19 AM
Yeah I'm a Pro with a 3 star armor... so I'll die with 3 good hits from a lvl 40+ monster...

I play like I have no scape dolls and if I happen to die... I'm like NOOOO-OH! scape doll lol

l0c0dantes
Dec 14, 2006, 02:02 AM
I only boot after I remind you to heal...

Garnet_Moon
Dec 14, 2006, 02:07 AM
I never boot because even in my pseudo static i'm never party leader. Everybody else with luck is. lol

I'm usually in PuGs anyway. Like hell i'm startin' my own with the drama that comes with it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-12-13 23:08 ]</font>

Merumeru
Dec 14, 2006, 02:09 AM
XD eh ive been pretty lucky with not dying when i dont have scape dolls and when i do, im saved <3

anyways, still cant find myself getting mad at people for it, even if MP are a big thing now XD they always feel really bad anyway, what more do you want besides an apology...

Niki
Dec 14, 2006, 02:33 AM
On 2006-12-13 19:34, nefarious wrote:
<3 grove of fanatics boss.

Dying there? Does that mean the exploit doesn't work in B-Rank and above?

lavosmanx
Dec 14, 2006, 02:50 AM
I don't bring scape dolls, waste of my valuable meseta and time. Also, at my current level, I'm not stupid enough to B rank it unless I have people with me. When he's a bad day I will die in a B rank. People need to chill out and relax, you can always do the mission again afterall...

Also on a personal note, this is why I NEVER bring PM's or NPC's with me. I've had my rank lowered because of PM's and NPC's. People I'll forgive, but the AI.... no!

Lavinia
Dec 14, 2006, 02:56 AM
I'm lvl 12 and i have 5 scape dolls with me at all times.

Mystil
Dec 14, 2006, 03:22 AM
On 2006-12-13 20:20, Kirip-san wrote:

On 2006-12-13 19:49, Diasuke-san wrote:

It's nice to feel safe playing with friends all the time~nyo. <3

Some of us do not have that luxury. Instead we have 'scattered friends' who have friends they play with all the time.

lavosmanx
Dec 14, 2006, 10:08 AM
Ofcourse I manage to find people in parties i dont know that dont boot you for dying, lucky me! XD

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 14, 2006, 10:21 AM
man, I got a C rank in this mission yesterday cuz we did a B rank Kagajibari mission with only 1 level 20 hunter, a level 31 ranger, and a level 26 guntecher(me, and just so u know, most of my weapons are 2 or 3 stars). We kept dying left and right. Rule of thumb: get a proper team or level the hell up if you want an S rank in a non C rank mission. Other than that, I don't boot people for dying as I'm not an asshole and won't even think about doing a ridiculous mission unless we are well-prepared.

JAFO22000
Dec 14, 2006, 10:27 AM
Weird thing happend last night on FFF S. Told everyone that it didn't really matter too much if they died...try to NOT die, but if they did, hey no problem. One guy gets hit by Megid, dies, and leaves. Says nothing, just up and leaves the party. I got the impression that he was thinking "well, no s-rank, so I'm leaving." I mean, nobody was mad at the guy or anything, so to leave so abruptly was kind of rude.

MayLee
Dec 14, 2006, 10:45 AM

I usually carry scapes but me and Megid don't mix. >.<

Ronzeru
Dec 14, 2006, 11:52 AM
I don't like to kick people, and I didn't kick this guy.. I'd feel like an asshole if I did. But my entire explination was that, I wanted to kick him really bad, so I can finally understand what others feel when they DO kick people.

Doing a B rank you can solo, and someone just coming into the mission and dieing 2 minutes into it without a single Megid being present is fucked up, no matter what way you pretty it up n slice it. =/

Jasam
Dec 14, 2006, 12:03 PM
I'm normaly quite nice when it comes to booting people...
But yeah, that person is my limit.... I mean acidental deaths can happon anyway (Much lag + techs + crits X 5 symiltaniously e.t.c), but enough to drop to a C rank ¬.¬

Stixx
Dec 14, 2006, 12:05 PM
Anybody who complains about people dying in a party should try playing Monster Hunter. >.>

Gazette
Dec 14, 2006, 12:07 PM
On 2006-12-14 09:05, Stixx wrote:
Anybody who complains about people dying in a party should try playing Monster Hunter. >.>

Dying? In my Lao runs?
God dammit!

Stixx
Dec 14, 2006, 12:10 PM
It's the worst when they get blasted by Fatalis when they're coming out of the base...but funny at the same time. >.>

Reiichi
Dec 14, 2006, 12:14 PM
Since I usually hop to relics and won't ever get an S on the Kagajibari mission, I TOTALLY get a kick out of seeing people die to the boss, and often times without scapes. When I see someone using a dark weapon on the boss it's like watching in anticipation of a disaster that's about to occur.

But anyways yeah, scapes please. Ran FFF S last night and although the room said to bring scapes, a newcomer entered and died and well... didn't have scapes. Nooo my precious PA fragment! But we were good about it since he just forgot them and that's an honest mistake =p

Notos
Dec 14, 2006, 12:45 PM
Linear Line S rank and got to the last room without death. Some guy joined and caught up at the last room. Just a few of those horse mobs, no megid. He came in, 10 seconds later and he kissed the ground and had no doll. Good work at ruining five people's hard work. I was a little pissed. The leader wanted to kick him. But what good would that have done?

I see a lot of the people who join mid mission don't care about ruining other people's rank since they won't get S rank. They would run ahead on their own and try to clear the shortest path insteading of following the group to take out the extra mobs.

Ri0T
Dec 14, 2006, 02:05 PM
You can't really tell people to not die. It's a game, some people are good at it, some people suck at it. Until we are all professional (a.k.a. "paid") players, the general idea of the game is to have fun. Whether you are awesome or you come up short, you can still do as you will, merrily. This is what we pay for, this is everyone's right.

(ahem) *adjusts glasses*

Now, knowing that there are crappy players out there (assuming we are talking to a "good" player here), it's really you who should prepare for the inevitable. After all, these people in question are the ones who don't know what they are doing, right? If you don't want some random guy jumping in your game and screwing up your glorious S-Rank, you have several options available to you. One of these options is placing a password on your game. This of course limits you socially, but every great idea will usually have it's accompanying disadvantages.

To make up for your loss of social interaction, you could join a guild and only play with those players, those you know and trust not to be as ignorant as these unforgiving "mission jumpers" you had encountered in the past. You don't even have to go through the sometimes exhausting formalities of joining a guild. Just find a good, well-rounded group of like-minded people such as yourself. (the cream of the crop in MMORPG pwnzery! Rawk!)

To summarize, there are stupid people out there. These stupid people, living up to their given namesake, do stupid things. They will not go away. In fact, they will most likely be inclined to be appalled at your overall take of the situation and continue to do stupid things. They may even become enraged by your actions, determined to do stupid things even more stupid than ever before, and to do these stupid things much more often.

You, being the smart one in this circumstance, (or perhaps more than just this one circumstance. ^_~) should be the one to stand proud and unfaltering, prepared for all the evils and nuisances that our digital world has to offer. You state your impressions so thoughtfully and without intentional err in the forums, and although this is documented proof of your integrity and your will to do the right thing, you act in ways that may seem purposefully ignorant when proceeding to deal with the issue at hand.

In short, prepare yourself for the inevitable, or suffer the consequences you already know are to come.

If you actually read this whole post, give yourself a kudos, a klondike, and a break of a kit-kat bar.

Yah. I have no life. ._. giv cybar plz

Mystil
Dec 14, 2006, 02:14 PM
On 2006-12-14 09:14, Reiichi wrote:
When I see someone using a dark weapon on the boss it's like watching in anticipation of a disaster that's about to occur.

I use them all the time. His icon is light so... Is there something about using dark weapons on him?

Schubalts
Dec 14, 2006, 02:26 PM
Kagajibari(DAMN YOUR NAME) will strike back with a TECHNIC that is the same element as whatever you hit it with.

Mystil
Dec 14, 2006, 02:30 PM
Which for me would be that big wirlything called either Nosmegid or that other one.

M'k I wont be using that element on him anymore.

Delinguaniss
Dec 14, 2006, 02:39 PM
Awe, a formal apology. That' freaking nice man, I never kick anyone immediately for dying. Period, they may have a Scape Doll, but jeesh. Sometimes, it's not called for, we have all played the dragon enough, and I know I or anyone else can't stress this enough, COMMON SENSE TELLS YOU THAT A HORD OF FELLAHS ARE NO JOKE, AND ONE MAN CAN'T JUST RUN IN THE MIDDLE OF IT AND SURVIVE REPEATED BLOWS. EVP isn't that high, lol, but hey, if someone dies for a stupid reason, I'm booting them after they receive the mission points...

Ronzeru
Dec 14, 2006, 02:46 PM
That thing dies so fast, it doesn't even really matter what you use on'em. o.O;

MayLee
Dec 14, 2006, 02:52 PM
I just don't have it in me to boot someone. *sigh* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Pheromone
Dec 14, 2006, 03:57 PM
You don't just boot idiots such as the level 54 in your story, you blacklist them.

RadiantLegend
Dec 14, 2006, 04:18 PM
Megid ate all my scape dolls. Now i find myself walking around with no scapes. Needless to say i ruined an A rank Dimma run yesterday thanks to this.

<_<' (got trapped and fugly bears kept pounding me.....)

Cav
Dec 14, 2006, 04:59 PM
On 2006-12-14 09:14, Reiichi wrote:
Since I usually hop to relics and won't ever get an S on the Kagajibari mission, I TOTALLY get a kick out of seeing people die to the boss, and often times without scapes. When I see someone using a dark weapon on the boss it's like watching in anticipation of a disaster that's about to occur.

I use dark weapons only on the boss just for this purpose >.>;

Stryfe1
Dec 14, 2006, 05:03 PM
I had a guy drop from group after I died, he didn't bother sticking around to see that I had a scape doll, I take it he was an idiot like the rest of you guys that cry about a member dying.

Get used to it, it happens, not to mention, some of you Forces and even Wartechers are terrible.

Legenden
Dec 14, 2006, 05:03 PM
Im lvl 35 and haven`t died in ages and when I did I always carried a scape doll at least after lvl 10... If a lvl 54 guy enters my game just to die with noe scapedoll I would feel quite pissed.
Scapedolls can be bought for less than 1000 meseta at some stores, If a lvl 54 guy can`t afford that and dies he steals from the party witch should`nt be happening.
People who dies with scapedolls are funny and makes you wake up, nothing wrong with that:)

CyarVictor
Dec 14, 2006, 05:30 PM
Death happens, but people should keep on eye on their own hp. If someone dies, no biggy. Mission points are not much concern and no one is invincible. The only time I die or a buddy I party with daily dies is due to megid, frozen death(especially when forces are not around or lazy), and bil de vear spinning death while paralyzed. Three occasions that rarely happen.

pso123hrf
Dec 15, 2006, 12:52 AM
You have a serious problem

Its Just A GAME

-Blen

EJ
Dec 15, 2006, 02:09 AM
just wait until Hive comes out then S rank will mean nothing to you its all about exp and drops there.

Lavinia
Dec 15, 2006, 02:13 AM
This is what i do: The first time they die i give them a warning unless they have scape doll, telling them that if they die they will get booted. If they die again in the same mission, i would tell them sry i warned you and you died again so i have to boot you.