PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Force in Boss Battles question...

Sotaka
Dec 14, 2006, 10:05 AM
Here's one that I've been concerned with: How should one play a Force in a boss battle?

The best thing I tend to do is try to react fast and get heals off. Problem with this is, is that it leaves me open to attacks from the boss and possibly costs me a scape doll. While not a drastic consequence compared to otherwise, I can't help but wonder if I'm doing things right.

So, here's the basic question, really. Should a force just go for being self-sufficient; should they play normally (nuking/healing); or should they tag real fast, and then begin healing?

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 14, 2006, 10:11 AM
Play normally, learn how to avoid the boss attacks while healing/nuking...

JAFO22000
Dec 14, 2006, 10:19 AM
Still heal, but don't go as out of your way to do so. For instance, regularly, you may run through a mob to heal someone who's low. Bad idea to, say, try this and run accross the "middle part" when fighting Onma or Dimma. If the injured party is near you, heal. Help out with your bow when fighting Onma/Dimma. Lastly, be cognizant of anyone in beast mode. They may need to be healed instantly. Usually, if someone goes into beast mode, I go into healbot mode...

Laranas
Dec 14, 2006, 10:32 AM
I usually tag and heal, since the only boss i've been fighting recently is Dimmagolus. Since techs only hit a single target once there's only so much you can do nuking. Sure, if the boss is easy you can fight anyway, but with Dimma's wind I find it easier to be on resta/anti watch and let the gunners take him down.

JAFO22000
Dec 14, 2006, 10:45 AM
I usually help out on the wings with my bow....but I will QUICKLY go into heal mode when needed.

MayLee
Dec 14, 2006, 10:47 AM
I would never of EVERS solo a Dimoglous as a Force. I'd rather Solo a Deragon if anything.

_Deliverance_
Dec 14, 2006, 10:48 AM
On bosses, where things can go wrong in a hurry, I lend healing support where I can. But if my friend is not easily accesible, they can heal themselves. Honestly, does it make sense to stop doing damage and run /dodge your way to the hunter that could just use a mate?

Don't get me wrong, regular mission situations are different, and I'll haul ass over to somebody to drop a resta. But during a boss fight, unless it's a cinch to run over to a member that needs a cure, I'm going to focus on doing my bit to bring the bastard down.

But I can see situations comming up in the future, where a boss my be resistant to magic, and does a lot of freeze/confuse status ailments. In those situations, I'll just tag, then focus more on supporting the party.

DonRoyale
Dec 14, 2006, 10:51 AM
Just make sure your partners know that you're not going in the line of fire to heal them; after all, you have the lowest defense (most of the time, anyways). (And if you don't, you'll constantly have to heal, which will be a pain.)

JAFO22000
Dec 14, 2006, 10:51 AM
On 2006-12-14 07:48, _Deliverance_ wrote:

But I can see situations comming up in the future, where a boss my be resistant to magic, and does a lot of freeze/confuse status ailments. In those situations, I'll just tag, then focus more on supporting the party.

I've actually already noticed this on the FFF S rank boss fight. I usually end up tagging, then switching to healbot for the beasts, then switching to reverserbot when the 2 and 3 spawns occur...unless I can get a good burn going (they burn for 1530 if I can get it!) I really don't do much damage to them.

Sexy_Raine
Dec 14, 2006, 12:30 PM
For De Regan and Adhana, I'm mostly go offernsive. For Dimmoglous and Omahgoug I play more supportive.