PDA

View Full Version : ;_;

DonRoyale
Dec 14, 2006, 11:23 AM
From my point of view, this is more of a sadness rant than a pissed-off rant, because this isn't really MY problem, but I might as well.

I have two dogs. A male Shitzu, about three years old, and a female Maltese, about two and a half.

In the past year and a half, she has had three litters (YES, THREE LITTERS, THE FIRST WHEN SHE WAS ONE YEAR OLD) and 14 puppies within those litters.

The first one went well-four puppies, all healthy. However, soon after selling the first puppy, it died. Shame.

My sister (who is the rightful owner of the dogs) has told my mother and I that if Spencer (the male) attempts to have sex with Princess (the female, obv) we're going to have him neutered. Of course, Spencer, being the freak that he is, DID try it again. It didn't help that my sister was freshly fired from her job at that time either, meaning we didn't have the money to get Spencer fixed.

Anyways, she has the second litter. Four puppies, again. However, this time, upon trying to feed them, we had a strange incident.

Now, one thing you'll want to know is that Princess is a very small dog. Very thin, not too healthy. (It's because Spencer, being the pig that he is, eats all of her food. She doesn't eat much, and he eats more than everyone else in our house. If you feed him, he likes you. If you don't, he hates your living guts. What a joke. >>)

So, small dog, not very healthy, trying to feed four puppies. During the first litter, she was just a bit weak, but during the second, she actually had a bit of seizure. We sent her to the hospital, she was all right, so she fed them again, and we didn't have a problem.

However, then it started happening again, but this time it was worse. Spencer was absoutely crazy. Every time he even saw her tail, he'd be there humping her. It was...gross. (We even had one incident where we tied a pair of underwear to him, and we actually let him in. The minute he got in the room, he spotted Princess and dashed like a horny madman, humping her. It was pretty funny to watch Princess just getting that "OMG PERVERT!" look on her face, and Spencer going "Dude, wtf, hump!")

However, by that time, it was too late-she was already pregnant. A few weeks later, she had her third litter-but this time it was SIX puppies. We were kind of worried about the puppies, since the first litter produced a puppy that died soon after its sale, and the second litter gave Princess seizures.

Of course, the worst of both worlds was about to hit us.

Princess started feeding them at he start, but she had a seizure. The vet said we should feed them with Princess, but that didn't work-she had ANOTHER seizure.

And plus, to make it worse, ALL OF THE PUPPIES DIED. Within the span of a week, too. ='( (The last one died last night. Poor thing, it looked so sad to see a cute, innocent little puppy dead like that. Nearly broke my heart.)

We think it was because of the milk, so my sister's going to consult the vet on this. We're considering a sue, but I don't know-I may not be an expert on this, but can't you lose a ton of money if the sue ain't successful?

Well, that was a sad week for me. =(

Jehosaphaty
Dec 14, 2006, 11:47 AM
What are the chances you can get rid of the male dog? If you don't have the money to get it fixed, and you certainly want the impregnations to stop, you may have to give up something in the process; and giving up the source of the problem doesn't seem like too bad of an idea--especially when he eats so much that the female can't stay healthy.

ABDUR101
Dec 14, 2006, 11:55 AM
Stop breeding your dogs. As well, and I don't know why you did'nt even think of this, put the male in a seperate room so the damn female can eat properly. Honestly, from hearing you re-tell all this, you're not going about this in a smart manner at all.

1. Stop breeding your dogs, borrow money from friends or family if need be to get the male fixed, but STOP BREEDING.
2. Seperate the dogs when it's feeding time. As the owners, you should NOT be letting one dog eat so much that the other dog isn't able to eat enough, expecially when pups are involved. Thats negligence.

DonRoyale
Dec 14, 2006, 12:25 PM
Might I notice that you fail to realise these aren't really MY dogs? My sister's tried both, neither have shown any significant results.

She's treid seperating them to feed-she doesn't eat. Not our problem if she doesn't want to eat.

She's tried everything to stop them breeding-IT DOESN'T WORK. However it happens, it does, they breed.

Look, both my mother and I have agreed that this is pinned on her. All of this is her fault, because we don't involve ourselves with those dogs. I just thought I'd share my story of tragedy (and neglect; she's almost never here, so we have to take on her responsibilities-and we've already confronted her on this, she doesn't do anything >>)

ABDUR101
Dec 14, 2006, 01:01 PM
You can't merely shove the responsibility off on someone else. If you see a kid in the street, malnourished(or what have you), and you don't do anything, you're being negligent. You're a witness to whats happening, and if your sister isn't mature enough to take care of the animals as they should be, it's your responsibility to step in and help.

How old is your sister? Appearently not old, nor mature enough, to properly care for animals.

As for saying "it happens, they breed". Thats why you take steps, you get them fixed. Of course they're going to breed, they're dogs. It's not like they're going to say "Hey, we should'nt breed, you're not in the best of health and I hog all the food."

And yes, it is your problem if the dog 'doesn't want to eat'. If the dog is built small, thats one thing, but if the dog is malnourished, that falls on all of your shoulders to help it gain weight. Think about it, you don't eat constantly, so why would the dog eat constantly? What you need to do, is keep the food up and out of the way for a day, and then when you DO feed the dogs, seperate them. Put one in a seperate room and let the other eat, then switch their positions.

Think about it, you're only SAD about whats happening, what the hell do you think that little female dog is going through? I'm willing to beleive if she keeps up this cycle of being bred, having seizures and so on, she's just going to die at a much too early age, and thats negligence when your family could stop it from happening.

Wanna keep seeing dead fucking puppies instead?

Mystil
Dec 14, 2006, 02:10 PM
I got to agree with abdur. However I sympathize with the loss of the puppies and Princess must be one very depressed animal now..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2006-12-14 11:11 ]</font>

Orange_Coconut
Dec 15, 2006, 08:48 AM
Or you might want to consider giving them to an animal shelter, depending. At least the unhealthy female, since she keeps having more and more puppies and seemingly gets worse with seizures every time. The puppies are dying as well, which probably means she shouldn't be having an more litters, or at least any at this point in time.. I know it may be hard, but if you cannot keep them seperated and you cannot get her to eat then instead of watching her die slowly you might want to consider putting her in the care of others who can actually do something about it.

Maskim
Dec 15, 2006, 11:46 AM
Ummm..with your 'considering a sue'..who would you sue? You going to sue the male dog for being an ass? I'm pretty sure he doesn't have the money to make it worth while, and being your sister's dog, she'd be suing herself. I'm afraid I'm confused. Everything you've related equates to zero negligence on anyone else's shoulders.

navci
Dec 15, 2006, 01:14 PM
It is either take steps to seperate the animals, get rid of one. Or Princess and every puppy that she is going to have again is going to die. That, would be classified as "owner's negligence"

Sure it isn't your dog.
You feel sad that this is going on.
Apparently not sad enough to take steps to stop this cruelty. Honestly, this is inhumane. Get rid of that dog.

ABDUR101
Dec 15, 2006, 01:30 PM
This reminds me of my oldest neice and nephew argueing over who's turn it was to feed their outside dogs. "I fed them yesterday, it's your turn!", "Thats bullshit and you know it..whatever, you can do it, I'm not." If you own pets(or are in the same household of the owner, whether that be a sibling, roommate, etc) it is on EVERYONE's shoulders to insure they are taken care of; i.e. not going hungry, not being abused or neglected.

People need to stop looking at animals as mere commodities. It's a living thing that has hunger pains, depression and anxieties. Would YOU want to be in someone's 'care' that doesn't care what happens to you, or see's you in pain and going through bad things and just not really interested in doing whats in your best interest?(Same way with a child, a child might not know how to take care of an ear ache, it's the parent that needs to handle it.)

And realise Serene, I'm not saying this is ALL your fault. Your sister is certainly to blame, but you have to take partial blame for not being pro-active to whats going on. You and your mom could take steps to better the situation for the dogs, and if there is nothing better any of you can do, do the dogs a favor and put them up for adoption or to a shelter where they can get the care they deserve.