PDA

View Full Version : PA Fragment get??

JAFO22000
Dec 14, 2006, 01:08 PM
After running the LL/FFF s-ranks about 20-some times, I've noticed that, after S ranking the missions, sometimes a PA Fragment is received and sometimes not. I've heard MANY different theories as to why it's received sometimes and not others; and ALL of them I have proven wrong. Some of the theories:

-Time limit. (proven wrong because I completed one, got a PA, then completed the VERY NEXT run 3 mins faster).

-Depends on who the party leader is. (BS. I haven't necessarily proven this one wrong, but I was party leader for 3 of the missions last night and we got a PA frag for one).

-If someone joins mid-mission, then nobody gets a fragment, which is why a lot of rooms have pwords (proven wrong. Had people join, still got a frag, AND had no people join (locked room) and did not get a frag).

-Use of a scape doll = no frag (proven wrong).

I'm really beginning to think that it's just a random occurance. I haven't looked into it, but I'm also kinda thinking that it might have to do with abandoning the mission and going back in (1st time through = frag; abandon and repeat = no frag). I haven't had time to test this theory though.

Any thoughts?? Does anyone have a definitive answer?

Thanks!

Your pal,

JAFO

Deja
Dec 14, 2006, 01:09 PM
I think no matter what, if you srank an srank you get one. I don't know why you wouldn't some of those times, but I'm pretty sure you always get it.

JAFO22000
Dec 14, 2006, 01:10 PM
On 2006-12-14 10:09, Deja wrote:
I think no matter what, if you srank an srank you get one. I don't know why you wouldn't some of those times, but I'm pretty sure you always get it.

Nope. Don't always get one.

etlitch
Dec 14, 2006, 01:19 PM
Some people say that it's just some kind of bug

Gazette
Dec 14, 2006, 01:19 PM
I have yet to S rank and NOT get one... that's odd...

JAFO22000
Dec 14, 2006, 01:29 PM
Strange...I'm on 360.....you?

Reiichi
Dec 14, 2006, 01:32 PM
PC

Have only ran FFF S and not LL S. It's been off and on. Usually once the party gets going the fragments are nonstop but initially it's been hit or miss the first one or two rounds I join a party (yet still getting S).

Gazette
Dec 14, 2006, 01:33 PM
I'm on PC, but I mean I've done dozens of S ranks and never missed a single PA.
I'm assuming it might just be a bug or something.

Turambar
Dec 14, 2006, 01:35 PM
It is a random occurance when you complete the run with a S-Rank. Nothing more than that.

-Dainslef-
Dec 14, 2006, 01:40 PM
I've S-ranked LL S and received a fragment 14/14 times. No problems there.

I've S-ranked FFF S and received a fragment 4/8 times. When it didn't give a fragment, it was consistent. Nobody was getting fragments, no matter how many times we did it. When it did give fragments, it reliably gave them every time. So I think it was a glitch, which is (as far as I know) now fixxed.

Reiichi
Dec 14, 2006, 01:44 PM
So maybe this is just a FFF S glitch then?

JAFO22000
Dec 14, 2006, 01:45 PM
Dains,

I've experienced that exact same thing. I don't run the LL srank often, as once I get to FFF, I quit and just keep running that over. But, yeah, it's either the whole party gets one or no one gets one.

Wow, so some people see them everytime. I would have to estimate I see one about 50% of the time.

Vhex
Dec 14, 2006, 02:18 PM
My guess is that each mission has a rate in which PA frags are received due to the time of completion. FFF S is a faster run than LL S, so the chance to receive the PA frag is lower. Maybe.

Kuya
Dec 14, 2006, 02:24 PM
Itsuki-chan (I think that's how it's spelled and who) mentioned that PSU JP had a PA Frag issue with Fight for Food S and therefore better to run Unsafe Passage. Dainslef's numbers show that if you want frags, just run Unsafe Passage http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Schubalts
Dec 14, 2006, 02:28 PM
So, uh...what exactly are PA fragments, anyway?

Sychosis
Dec 14, 2006, 02:29 PM
Photon drops essentially.

AngelLight
Dec 14, 2006, 02:41 PM
you use photon....er....I mean PA Frags to buy from a list of "ultimate" Photon Arts....but that wont be implimented for quite some time. For now, just horde them till the appropiate update is released (and you'll need alot too, some of the PAs require 99 frags each).