PDA

View Full Version : PMs can level?

Punter
Dec 14, 2006, 03:47 PM
Ya, I see that PMs can level by using them as your partner a lot. Well, what exactly does it level? Their level is always supposed to be 10 above yours and I maxed out her syn level.

Mystil
Dec 14, 2006, 03:50 PM
Battle status is thier combat lvl - you lvl that by of course bringing them in parties. Thier character level will never exceed the 10 that will be over yours.

Dammit all of you XD!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2006-12-14 12:51 ]</font>

Dhylec
PM has synth level & combat/battle level.
Synth is from your feedings, battle is from completing missions/ mission pts.

AeraLure
B St, commonly referred to as Combat Level. This level can also level up to 100, and levels a little eacht ime you get an S reward with your PM in your party.

AeraLure
Dec 14, 2006, 03:52 PM
On 2006-12-14 12:50, Mystil wrote:

Dammit all of you XD!!

lol. Speed two-finger typing ftw. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Laranas
Dec 14, 2006, 03:56 PM
Combat level seems to bring up their AI a bit, fyi

AeraLure
Dec 14, 2006, 04:02 PM
As well as their use of PAs.

Pheromone
Dec 14, 2006, 04:06 PM
I wonder if it could give the gunner PMs different element bullets, and the ability to switch them... that would be nice. gah, my PM is only 62. I don't know if I want to save up for a second nade launcher or feed my pm traps

AeraLure
Dec 14, 2006, 04:21 PM
I dont think the PMs change elemental weapons. Havent heard anything about that so I assume not.

I would. however, finish your PM, especially if you have one launcher and are more or less set on other weapons for the time being. That's just me though. Sucks having so many meseta needs presently. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MXdude
Dec 14, 2006, 04:58 PM
Does an S rank from an A rank mission give mroe points towards their battle stat than from a C rank mission?

AeraLure
Dec 14, 2006, 06:08 PM
On 2006-12-14 13:58, MXdude wrote:
Does an S rank from an A rank mission give mroe points towards their battle stat than from a C rank mission?

Nope. In this regard your PM doesnt care. So the fastest was to level a PM's B St is with a very fast C run. That would of course be Unsafe Passage C over and over.

I prefer more of a multitasking approach and run Valley of Carnage C, brining my PM. Still very fast, but you get better exp, mission points, meseta and material drops, as well as better mobs on which to level PAs, techs or bullets. Must be fast though to be worthwhile. Also, if for whatever reason you start having trouble with your PM setting on fire (lol) or taking too much damage, maybe level her somewhere else first a little bit (and/or yourself). If you are a Force though, its great if she gets set ablaze - just Resta and Reverser her and keep on going - you get to level those two there as well.

Sitka
Dec 14, 2006, 06:20 PM
On 2006-12-14 12:56, Laranas wrote:
Combat level seems to bring up their AI a bit, fyi

My 450 pm is stupid. She could care less if I need resta and will only heal herself after she is dead. With 1 hp, she's still casting attack spells as the enemies ninja flip her into red.

So, she's currently at battle stat 21. Any indication that she will resta more often and more appropriately if she continues to level, or will she continue to cast attack spells while dying?

Genobee
Dec 14, 2006, 06:35 PM
My 410's Battle lvl is 47 and I haven't noticed a diffrence in here from the day she evoled, I think she does alittle more damage or some thine, but she is still dumb as a sack of bricks.

Spacepest
Dec 14, 2006, 06:41 PM
On 2006-12-14 15:08, AeraLure wrote:
[quote] Also, if for whatever reason you start having trouble with your PM setting on fire (lol) or taking too much damage, maybe level her somewhere else first a little bit (and/or yourself). If you are a Force though, its great if she gets set ablaze - just Resta and Reverser her and keep on going - you get to level those two there as well.

Right now I'm working on force and I love "accidentally" getting my PM caught on fire. XD She's getting better at avoiding it though...I tried running her through the DeRagon's breath yesterday and nothing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Although the other person partying with me did call me sicko for trying to set her ablaze on purpose.

And that's interesting about PM leveling...I just assumed leveling was just from killing monsters, not finishing missions.

AeraLure
Dec 14, 2006, 07:19 PM
lol. My Force likes it when my 410 gets status effects etc. "Aww, isnt that cute?" *casts Reverser. "Do it again." >:)

Oh, and the 450 got broken a while back, and then supposedly fixed upon the release of the Expert classes. She used to heal aplenty, then got broke and went on strike. Now she is under union rules and doesnt work overtime. Unfortunately, no indication she'll go back to the way she was, and I'm not so sure she'll get that much better upon levelling either. The upside is maybe one of the 45x series would work out better - a buffer, or a RA series user or somesuch. The item to change a PM into one of these x-series isnt out yet though and wont be for some time yet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-12-14 16:24 ]</font>

ryeenae
Dec 14, 2006, 10:41 PM
Jeez, is combat level ever actually explained in game? If it is, I missed it. It doesn't really make any sense to me that a PM wouldn't care if an S rank was from an A rank or C rank mission, but gets the same amount of XP from both. I have a 410 at lvl 16, and I do think that she has gotten a little bit smarter, she'll attack something for longer before returning to me and forgetting what she's supposed to be doing.

AeraLure
Dec 14, 2006, 10:52 PM
On 2006-12-14 19:41, ryeenae wrote:
Jeez, is combat level ever actually explained in game?

I dont think it is, no.

If it is, I missed it.

Me too.

It doesn't really make any sense to me that a PM wouldn't care if an S rank was from an A rank or C rank mission, but gets the same amount of XP from both.

Me neither. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Let me add that I deserve no credit for this. Right about when I got my first PM to combat ready status and was trying to figure out what levelled them, someone else posted the screens and the method showing it. Not I. This however is indeed the way it works.

I have a 410 at lvl 16, and I do think that she has gotten a little bit smarter, she'll attack something for longer before returning to me and forgetting what she's supposed to be doing.

Seems to be affected by a few things that I wont really try to explain. Certainly range for one. If you're further away the odds are higher she will decide to break off and return to you, but then if her combat level is higher, this seems to happen less often.

Additionally, she's more likely to become agressive if she encounters anything in between you and her and you can use this to your advantage by staying in motion relative to mobs. You can also influence where she will stand and move to by moving around mobs yourself, thus encouraging her to get out of the way of otherwise nasty situations or placement. As she improves she will also sidestep and attack from the sides and rear more often. Seems so to me anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-12-14 19:55 ]</font>