PDA

View Full Version : is there anywhere you can download PSU

Zabot
Dec 14, 2006, 05:21 PM
because i lent mine out and i want to reinstall it. thank you.

Peace

Gazette
Dec 14, 2006, 05:23 PM
Torrents probably, but that isn't exactly legal.

omegapirate2k
Dec 14, 2006, 05:23 PM
You could always just get it back...

Maskim
Dec 14, 2006, 05:26 PM
Itisn't exactly illegal, either. Especially if he owns a purchased copy already.. It's a shady area.

Zabot
Dec 14, 2006, 05:31 PM
god damnit no one has told me yet LOL, does anyone know where a torrent is, yea since i bought one i can download it, please PM me and lemme know how. ty

Carbinne
Dec 14, 2006, 05:32 PM
If you don't know what a torrent is don't waste your time. Go down and beat that person up and get your disc back. Otherwise it'll take you two days to figure out how the damn client works and at least another two to download a DVD's worth of content.

Maskim
Dec 14, 2006, 05:32 PM
OP, check PM.

I don't post here, as I have no problem with givng zabot this info. He's bought the game, I know he has, I've seen him it it since beginning. I'm not going to mass say it though, and risk being labeled by the justified, but overzealous, community as a pirate or cheater, or whatever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maskim on 2006-12-14 14:33 ]</font>

VanHalen
Dec 14, 2006, 05:33 PM
yeah i wanted to know this too cause i dont think this DVD drive for my home computer will work could you PM me about it also

Itchee
Dec 14, 2006, 05:46 PM
Azureus is a really nice Java BitTorrent client....its free too.

There are a million torrent link sites on the web. BitTorrent, TorrentSpy, and uTorrent are the first that come to mind.

Ryogen
Dec 14, 2006, 05:51 PM
If you don't know what a torrent is and really want to play now...don't waste your time. Get your game back.

Sinue_v2
Dec 14, 2006, 05:56 PM
Er... it depends on the EULA. Alot of the EULA's have clauses which state that software licences are bound to the media it's purchased on or the machine it was installed on. If the EULA stipulates that the licence only extends to the software on the media you own (which you loaned out) - then obtaining another copy online is against the EULA and is considered illegal.. even if you already purchased the game. Although many EULA's do allow for ONE backup copy to be created in the case that the original media is lost or destoryed.

If you HAVE the game, but it's loaned out, then you need to get your game back. Otherwise, you just indirectly assisted your friend in piracy since he did not obtain his software legally (I.E. Paying for it).

I have a feeling that this thread will be deleted very, very soon.

Tomeeboy
Dec 14, 2006, 06:07 PM
The simple and correct answer to the original question is, "No, not legally". Downloading illegally distributed software that you happen to own does not make the illegal distribution any less illegal http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Since this thread can likely only lead to more talk of such distribution and methods of distribution, I think it's best to lock it.