PDA

View Full Version : Do YOU Agree: Die and get BOOTED!

drmcst45
Dec 14, 2006, 05:34 PM
I use to be 100% "IF YOU DIE, YOU GET BOOTED!" but today i experienced the other side of it all. I died in a freak accident (Bill De Vear paralyzed me and nailed me 4 times with the whirl wind). So of course all 5 of my other teammates start harassing me and cussing me out over the death but am i really the one at fault!? I mean couldnt one of the 5 other "teammates" have healed me or at least cured my paralysis? Hell, I was casting resta on everyone else the entire game but the one time i needed it the most, where were they to return the favor?!

Needless to say i got booted shortly there after but it dawned on me that it wasn't entirely my fault. sure i could've had a scape doll but at 5k a pop they're not easy to come by (especially after doing Fight for Food on S.

VanHalen
Dec 14, 2006, 05:35 PM
no i dont in the long run this is a video game not a job and too fiend over S ranks like that is kind of sad

Schubalts
Dec 14, 2006, 05:37 PM
**** happens. But if someone dies in a serious mission(read: not just goofing around with friends) because he/she did something stupid, BOOT!

Diasuke-san
Dec 14, 2006, 05:40 PM
**** happens and sometimes you cant help it. Like say you want a drink of soda and take one sip and get pelted with missles and die. That has happened to me and I got booted for it.

Ronin1of47
Dec 14, 2006, 05:42 PM
i would rather have said player stick around for the next mission so it will go faster

P.S. carry scape dolls

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin1of47 on 2006-12-14 14:43 ]</font>

CyarVictor
Remember, forces can't teleport, nor instant cast. I've been in the Bil De Vears blender of death when paralyzed, the hits on your are too fast for the force to run and heal you. it's a game, not life and death with the pay the bills mission or earn the pay check skill reality has. Luckily, I play with several friends daily, nor have i come across people who do the booting if -bleep- happens. I only boot looters who never ever ever help in battle.

omegapirate2k
Only done this one time: me and a bunch of other level 30's are playing a mission, then halfway somebody who barely meets the minimum requirements of the mission joins in. This guy comes in, runs up to us (we had no force), and tries to solo the enemies without us, we handled things fine, but this guy wasn't healing himself or making any attempt to, so I told him "If you die, you're gonna get booted", he said "Alright", and kept putting up his reckless attempts to solo the much more powerful enemies, then he died, so I booted him. End of story.

never done it since, though.

omegapirate2k
Dec 14, 2006, 05:45 PM
Oh, and a little tidbit of info for fellow 360 players: When you die on S rank missions, even if you have a scape doll you don't get the PA fragment, so don't make it a requirement to join if thats what your doing the mission for.

Mystil
Dec 14, 2006, 05:46 PM
You were a force(?) and you got booted out of game from dying from a situation only other teammates could have prevented. . . .?

SOL ATOMIZERS - I mean GOT DAMN is it so HARD to care about your teammates in this game??

I mean I'm SURE you could have just helped yourself out and popped an antimate, but nope can't do that when you're paralyzed >_>.

Sorry that happened man.

FenixStryk
Dec 14, 2006, 05:48 PM
Shit happens, but it's your fault for not having Scape Dolls. It's one thing to die, but to die and not have Scapes? Thanks a lot for fucking up a Fight For Food S-rank run. Just lost me another PA Fragment, you cheapskate!

Ryogen
Dec 14, 2006, 05:49 PM
Stuff happens. What if you die, why don't you just throw a axe in your PC/PS2/X360 and boot yourself. It's childish to boot after a death, becuase your still going to get the same Mission Grade. Boot or not. So either suck it up and watch their back or just leave the party you created. Getting killed is an accident.

Now if someone is neglecting healing themselves becuase they think they can live with the little health they got and the die, that could be a problem. Cockyness can be a problem.

VanHalen
Dec 14, 2006, 05:52 PM
are people on network mode still aware this is a videogame for fun like most videogames are

omegapirate2k
Dec 14, 2006, 05:52 PM
On 2006-12-14 14:48, FenixStryk wrote:
Shit happens, but it's your fault for not having Scape Dolls. It's one thing to die, but to die and not have Scapes? Thanks a lot for fucking up a Fight For Food S-rank run. Just lost me another PA Fragment, you cheapskate!

And THIS is why I said the scapes don't prevent you losing your PA fragment.

Mouseklip
Dec 14, 2006, 05:54 PM
Thats what irony is for you.

panzer_unit
Dec 14, 2006, 05:56 PM
ProTip: Do easy missions until you can afford a scape. Just like IRL there's no love for low-rollers.

I used to be like "why boot someone AFTER they've blown the S rank?" ... now I know, after seening one guy do that and then blow A as well. A is still ok mission points. B is not.

There are exceptions of course, I'll stay rock-solid through a quest for friends no matter what the body count... my reaction to strangers ranges from the same level of commitment for someone who comes off as being cool, to kicking a person if they look like they're on the way down and don't heal, so they don't screw the S on me*.

* never actually happened, but I so would.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2006-12-14 14:59 ]</font>

FenixStryk
Dec 14, 2006, 05:57 PM
Eh, still a waste of reward money / Mission Points. You don't win an argument over a technicality.

omegapirate2k
Dec 14, 2006, 06:08 PM
On 2006-12-14 14:57, FenixStryk wrote:
Eh, still a waste of reward money / Mission Points. You don't win an argument over a technicality.

The reward money AND mission points for that mission are both overrated anyway... If I want the mission points that bad I'd rather play a mission WITHOUT megid. The money drops are sweet there, and personally, I end up making FAR more money by not buying a scape and dying than by buying scapes and getting an S.

DonRoyale
Dec 14, 2006, 06:20 PM
They're just asses if they boot you >>

Whether or not they boot you, you've still died, lost the S-Rank. Boo fucking hoo. >>

Ash1ey
Dec 14, 2006, 06:21 PM
On 2006-12-14 14:35, VanHalen wrote:
no i dont in the long run this is a video game not a job and too fiend over S ranks like that is kind of sad

omegapirate2k
Dec 14, 2006, 06:22 PM
On 2006-12-14 15:21, Steve II wrote:

On 2006-12-14 14:35, VanHalen wrote:

Haha the most ironic part about that statement is that it IS a job for some people <_<

galaxy
Dec 14, 2006, 06:23 PM
i didnt read most of the posts here, but what I'd have to say is that, if someone dies, booting them isnt going to get your S rank back, so whats the point. if they died, then they died, and there's nothing that can be done about it. sure, you might say that booting them will prevent further deaths. but in my experience, people who die once in a mission usually don't die again. so booting them makes absolutely no sense to me. if they die, and you boot em, you're still only left with an A rank...and one less party member to help you through the mission.

Niered
Dec 14, 2006, 06:34 PM
Heres my 2 cents:

1.After your lvl 30 you should ALWAYS without fail (unless otherwise stated in the comment of a party) Carry at least 1 (preferably 2) Scape Dolls. Argue as much as you want this fact, but scapes are relatively cheap in player shops, and even cheaper if you synth them yourself. This is a catch all statement, dying happens in this game, thats why you have HP in the first place, but a damge to your rank is EASILY avoidable.

2. In the case that this doesnt happen, i feel that forces are the only class that I can have sympathy for. Hunters, you have enough HP to take care of yourself, and rangers should have enough distance between yourself and the enemy you shouldnt worry about this sorta thing. Forces though have abysmal HP, and will on occasion get raped. It happens. But still, refer to point 1 on why this shouldnt affect your grade.

3. MEGID. In the case that you run into a group of jarbas, your death is MORE than forgivable. Deljabans are different though, you go in expecting that, so dont be surprised when you dont have a scape and people boot you.

Sydz
Dec 14, 2006, 06:46 PM
I have to wonder why people have trouble finding scapes to begin with, I almost always have more than I ever actualy need. As for the boot thing, I usualy won't. If we all have fun, That's all that matters to me.

ThisIsMyPanic
Dec 14, 2006, 06:56 PM
**** happens. You work as a team in the game. If one of the team members dies its contradictory to suddenly turn on them for doing so.

tomkat492
Dec 14, 2006, 07:13 PM
On 2006-12-14 14:34, drmcst45 wrote:
I use to be 100% "IF YOU DIE, YOU GET BOOTED!" but today i experienced the other side of it all. I died in a freak accident (Bill De Vear paralyzed me and nailed me 4 times with the whirl wind). So of course all 5 of my other teammates start harassing me and cussing me out over the death but am i really the one at fault!? I mean couldnt one of the 5 other "teammates" have healed me or at least cured my paralysis? Hell, I was casting resta on everyone else the entire game but the one time i needed it the most, where were they to return the favor?!

Needless to say i got booted shortly there after but it dawned on me that it wasn't entirely my fault. sure i could've had a scape doll but at 5k a pop they're not easy to come by (especially after doing Fight for Food on S.

I fully agree with you on that one, ive been in the same instance except i got gangbanged by 3 bil de vears..two of them doing whirlwind and my other five party members are like WTF man, plus if it werent for me, they wouldnt have even come back to the area to try and kill the monsters for the S in the first place. Anyway, if its a stupid death, like refusal to use a mate because you think the force should practically chase you around to heal, or running off by yourself when you know you cant handle it, stuff like that...then yeah, kick em if they die, but if it was a sensible reason like getting gangbanged by bil de vears while you were stunned, or getting burned to death by the dragon, or dieing during lag, or the glitch where you use a mate or resta and it doesnt heal anyone, then it isnt the persons fault and they deserve a chance.

AnamanaAU
Dec 14, 2006, 07:49 PM
It happens, this game is about teamwork, not selfish jerks.

Merumeru
Dec 14, 2006, 08:13 PM
XD good god, no, but opinions dont matter, cant stop jerks from being jerks XP if you ask me, I liked it better when countless deaths meant nothing..

BloodDragoon
Dec 14, 2006, 08:25 PM
Shit happens. Thats why they invented toilet paper.

Hell I died in LL S rank yesterday because one of those 4 legged things mule kicked me and 4 deljabians got the idea to throw megid at me while I was on the ground.

Funny enough tho Jabra Megid on A rank seabed never was too much of an issue. I usually died more to the AoE barta spell after they get the funny idea to spam technic buffs. >.>

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 14, 2006, 08:26 PM
You should ALWAYS have at least one scape doll :/

Sgt_Shligger
Dec 14, 2006, 08:27 PM
On 2006-12-14 15:34, Niered wrote:
Heres my 2 cents:

1.After your lvl 30 you should ALWAYS without fail (unless otherwise stated in the comment of a party) Carry at least 1 (preferably 2) Scape Dolls. Argue as much as you want this fact, but scapes are relatively cheap in player shops, and even cheaper if you synth them yourself. This is a catch all statement, dying happens in this game, thats why you have HP in the first place, but a damge to your rank is EASILY avoidable.

2. In the case that this doesnt happen, i feel that forces are the only class that I can have sympathy for. Hunters, you have enough HP to take care of yourself, and rangers should have enough distance between yourself and the enemy you shouldnt worry about this sorta thing. Forces though have abysmal HP, and will on occasion get raped. It happens. But still, refer to point 1 on why this shouldnt affect your grade.

Ok, I'm level 30 and I have no cash. I'm not going to spend cash on a Scape Doll. I need new equipment.

Secondly, a ranger should be distanced from an enemy but enemies tend to charge real quick. I don't know if it's just me, but when I'm on my ranger (main character) I attract ANY enemies attention. I shoot it twice and it turns around >_>

jarek99
Dec 14, 2006, 08:29 PM
I dont think you should boot someone for dying 1 time. But if they continue to not have scape dolls and get killed a lot, I really dont have time for that sort of jackassery. They gotta go!

Ronzeru
Dec 14, 2006, 08:31 PM
Um, no. Screw you. You should have a scapedoll. 5k is a small amount of Meseta. It's not hard to come by at all. It's exactly the opposite with scapedolls.

And next time you get a scapedoll board, instead of throwing it away, use it to craft yourself a scapedoll! durh.

BloodDragoon
Dec 14, 2006, 08:41 PM
IMO people can die all they want in my games, I don't really care till you get the ones that die without a scapedoll because they don't want to carry/buy them, then piss a moan about me not carrying moon atomizers. Personally if you aren't gonna take the initiative to keep yourself alive/revive yourself why should I? At that point the rank is gone, other team members are possibly agitated and the only good that moon atomizer is gonna do is save you the trouble of walking back to the group which doesn't take long either due to the beacons at the start of each block. (Granted most the time I DO have a few moon atomizers in my inventory but I'll tell these people I don't. I'd rather save them for people that die after running out of scapedolls and this is usually only in boss arenas. Almost every person I played with that had died and run out of scapedolls during repeated mission runs warped back to the staging area and walked back on their own initiative.)

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 14, 2006, 08:47 PM
schmidt happens, I won't boot someone for dying, although I do hope that they would be careful.

Randomness
Dec 14, 2006, 10:04 PM
Stuff happens. Stuff meaning Megid, paralysis, sleep, Bil De Vears blendering you...

uhawww
Dec 14, 2006, 10:10 PM
Megid Happens.
Booting someone doesn't get you your S rank back.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-12-14 19:12 ]</font>

Ronzeru
Dec 14, 2006, 10:15 PM
Murder happens. Sending the person to jail who butchered your loved ones won't bring them back to life.

uhawww
Dec 14, 2006, 10:28 PM
On 2006-12-14 19:15, Ronzeru wrote:
Murder happens. Sending the person to jail who butchered your loved ones won't bring them back to life.

Heh.
Being a staunch believer in rehabilitation, your witty retort has little effect...
but I understand where you're coming from.

Booting due to stupidity or not paying attention is fine, but sometimes, in the thick of it, failure is inevitable, and I don't think booting someone due to a stray Megid shot is really constructive.

A-P
Dec 14, 2006, 11:26 PM
The only time I ever get mad is when someone of minimal level joins and takes NO precaution as to being in the fray, as if anyone higher than them can tank the monster for them. It's infuriating. Use a gun or be a bit more evasive. Also, -mates? Good idea.

Back on topic, I never boot people. If they died, the S-Rank is gone so booting has no point to me. In the end, the completion stuff is a nice perk, but that's all it is: a perk. Enjoy the game and play with other people, if they die, do the mission again if you NEED the S-Rank. Booting won't solve anything.

Just my 2 cents.

DoubleJG
Dec 14, 2006, 11:30 PM
No. The ONLY exception is if they join at an extremely low level, rush in, and die off the bat. They get back up and die RIGHT AWAY again? Oh yes, you're OUTTA here!

-Ryuki-
Dec 14, 2006, 11:38 PM
May will kill the thread now? I've seen this topic as many times as I've seen Parn streaking.

RuPiKa
Dec 14, 2006, 11:39 PM
It happens but, if it happens alot I might ask them to leave to make room for my PM the next run. To really make S runs, I like to keep regular groups who take it seriously.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuPiKa on 2006-12-14 20:41 ]</font>

A-P
Dec 14, 2006, 11:47 PM
On 2006-12-14 20:30, DoubleJG3288 wrote:
No. The ONLY exception is if they join at an extremely low level, rush in, and die off the bat. They get back up and die RIGHT AWAY again? Oh yes, you're OUTTA here!

Eh, I let it slide because I don't care as much about the bonus at the end as much as most. Retarded, I know.

MegaBUD
Dec 15, 2006, 12:17 AM
I sell scape for 999m... so come to my shop and stop dieing... i instant ban when some1 die without scape

A-P
Dec 15, 2006, 12:41 AM
On 2006-12-14 21:17, MegaBUD wrote:
I sell scape for 999m... so come to my shop and stop dieing... i instant ban when some1 die without scape

I think you forgot to add "plug plug" in that message.

pso123hrf
Dec 15, 2006, 12:42 AM
that makes you hipocritical because now YOU experienced what its like to get booted...

ssl118
Dec 15, 2006, 12:43 AM
here's just one man's opinion. most likely we are all going to be playing this game a lot over the years. in the grand scheme of things, did the 20 or so mission points you lost really matter. i mean we'll all get there eventually and why boot someone who later you may really enjoy playing with. and yes, panzer, never boot your friends!!

ChrisKo
Dec 15, 2006, 01:16 AM
1) If you are too poor to carry multiple scape dolls you probably have @#&$ for equipment anyway.
2) In a party of 6 not only do you cost yourself the S rank you cost everyone else as well.
3) The fact that you wernt carrying a scape doll more than likely shows that your IQ is low and you arnt helpful anyway.
4) THERE IS NO LOGICAL REASON TO NOT CARRY A SCAPE DOLL AFTER LEVEL 30. PERIOD.
5) GG This topic is dumb, as was the 100's before it that were exactly the same.

ChrisKo
Dec 15, 2006, 01:28 AM
Oh, and a little tidbit of info for fellow 360 players: When you die on S rank missions, even if you have a scape doll you don't get the PA fragment, so don't make it a requirement to join if thats what your doing the mission for.

Omega you have no idea what you are talking about.

A-P
Dec 15, 2006, 03:45 AM
On 2006-12-14 22:16, ChrisKo wrote:
1) If you are too poor to carry multiple scape dolls you probably have @#&$ for equipment anyway.
2) In a party of 6 not only do you cost yourself the S rank you cost everyone else as well.
3) The fact that you wernt carrying a scape doll more than likely shows that your IQ is low and you arnt helpful anyway.
4) THERE IS NO LOGICAL REASON TO NOT CARRY A SCAPE DOLL AFTER LEVEL 30. PERIOD.
5) GG This topic is dumb, as was the 100's before it that were exactly the same.

1) Unless of course you blew all your cash ON gear to prevent the need of depending on Scape Dolls. Oh wait, I forgot that Scape Dolls are far more important than gear.
2) Agreed.
3) Hmm... and I suppose that posting a reply with three of the five points being "I have a scape doll fetish" gives you an IQ to rival that of Hawking?
4) I think my previous statement speaks for this point as well.
5) Of course it's dumb, but where there is a forum there is bound to be a handful of questions/topics that are raised time and again. As for the topic being stupid, you're right for the most part, oh Mr. High IQ. Now, I wonder, how smart must you be if you willingly enter a "stupid" topic, post in this self-proclaimed stupid topic yourself, and double post of all things?

Your sparkling intellect and reasoning shine through and we are truly graced by your presence.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A-P on 2006-12-15 00:47 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A-P on 2006-12-15 00:48 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Dec 15, 2006, 03:53 AM
On 2006-12-14 22:28, ChrisKo wrote:

Omega you have no idea what you are talking about.

Probably not, because I've only heard it from a trusted source.... which I ASSUMED had done that same thing before.

Well if I'm wrong I'm not afraid to admit it.

Alisha
Dec 15, 2006, 05:27 AM
based on the information provided it's you own fault you died. you were paralyzed and didnt have sols? hoo boy some of the camps in ffxi couldnt be used if mages didnt bring echo drops.

on a side note do scape dolls save s-ranks?

Skuda
Dec 15, 2006, 05:54 AM
On 2006-12-15 02:27, Alisha wrote:
based on the information provided it's you own fault you died. you were paralyzed and didnt have sols?

You cannot access your pallet when you are paralyzed. It's pretty much have someone heal you, or wait out the storm.

Yes. The use of a scapedoll after death results in the death not being counted against your rank total.

Alisha
Dec 15, 2006, 07:15 AM
On 2006-12-15 02:54, Skuda wrote:

based on the information provided it's you own fault you died. you were paralyzed and didnt have sols?

You cannot access your pallet when you are paralyzed. It's pretty much have someone heal you, or wait out the storm.

Yes. The use of a scapedoll after death results in the death not being counted against your rank total.

when he said paralyzed i assumed he meant shocked. i'm curious how he could of been stunned near a bil de vear though.

Mystil
Dec 15, 2006, 08:52 AM
Nah, you can cure shock with antimates. Paralyze = someone else has to save your ass. I hate being paralyzed, or frozen. I put fault on the OP's other situation on him, but the initial situation that was bad teamwork on thier part.

Delinguaniss
Dec 15, 2006, 09:37 AM
I don't really like to boot, but my words pretty much make ppl that have died over preposterous reasons leave the party. It's simple, you have played the game long enough to know what a horde or every boss does. You aren't going to die if your survival skills are top notch, unless LAG gets in the way, but sometimes it's not about LAG. I got jumped miraculously quick by a Kamitoze & some Gohmans on Neudaiz yesterday. Died thrice, and I was laughing actually, cause I really didn't care, but I wasn't in a party, i was with a friend of mine and I was helping him, supporting him while he was farming. S*** happens, but getting the boot because you died, is reasonable, beyond any doubt. Unless the whole group assumes SEGA pulled some s*** out of nowhere to kill your character at any gven moment.

LAMB1
Dec 15, 2006, 01:38 PM
its kinda whack to get booted when ur not a noob and roll int a hiher lvl game, i have to set "im not a noob dont kick' to shorcut..some people are too serious yo, they just need ta chill, thats whats up!

Careful
Dec 15, 2006, 01:56 PM
I only boot afk leechers =/ the people who do die, leave. I've had only a few accidents i can remember them all.

Once i got stunned by those big things in Moatoob and no one was fighting but me and a protranser. Everyone else was charging the weapons. I got stunned and since fortetecher dfp is so crappy i died, my scape dolls were all used up from the S rank before it. Started over with more people and me having 5 scapes from my other char.

Other time was the dragon, i was level 5 and second dragon. I was healing everyone i could and casting foie with my one wand. It turned around and fire breathed me. I died instantly.

Other time was Demons above A, the lightning attack owned me, we were farming me/quick and everyone already died at least once so it didnt matter.

The things i hate most are PM's or NPC's, god i hate when i have to heal those in higher missions. I would rather be healing my own then yours. Alot of them have costed me an S rank which couldve been avoided if they didnt stand around looking dumb.

Maskim
Dec 15, 2006, 02:01 PM
No, if you die now and again, I won't boot you. You single handedly not only ruin my S rank, and get me a C...well there comes a time to draw the line.

Ronzeru
Dec 15, 2006, 02:33 PM
On 2006-12-15 04:15, Alisha wrote:

On 2006-12-15 02:54, Skuda wrote:

when he said paralyzed i assumed he meant shocked. i'm curious how he could of been stunned near a bil de vear though.

Have you even played this game? That wind up punch that Bil De Vears have causes instant paralyze. It stuns you, and you can't move. IIt has the sound effect of lil birdies flying over your head cause you were knocked out.

-Ryuki-
Dec 15, 2006, 03:07 PM
Real men do not need Scape Dolls. =)

They need mates. =)

Delinguaniss
Dec 15, 2006, 03:10 PM
On 2006-12-15 12:07, RyukiZero wrote:

They need mates. =)

Here's Delinguaniss...

Nice phrase man. I don't carry around scapes unless someone has it on random and I happen to get one. Right now, I have two, I am not going back to my room till I make about 50K. I usually walk around with one scape. And I always carry around plenty of Monos and Dis, they are great for any player's diet...

CyarVictor
Dec 15, 2006, 03:44 PM
I try to carry at least two scapes. but i hate going back and forth between my room and party since people want to play then to wait. Now so, what happens when you guys who are high and mighty about scapes go through your stock and still die left and right, I'd bet you would be mad if you got booted from the mission as well. I want to ask also, how many of you guys are actually hunters/fortefighters because it's harder to foresee megid since you are in the mix compared to rangers and forces who can easily see and avoid what's coming.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2006-12-15 12:46 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2006-12-15 13:16 ]</font>

Ronzeru
Dec 15, 2006, 03:57 PM
On 2006-12-15 12:07, RyukiZero wrote:

They need mates. =)

Real men aren't a liability to their team mates out of personal pride. They are a irreplacable asset.

Stixx
Dec 15, 2006, 03:58 PM
No, I don't agree.

Ronzeru
Dec 15, 2006, 03:58 PM
Commentary over privious above post ^: "God damn that sounded wise. I'ma write that one down."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronzeru on 2006-12-15 12:58 ]</font>

Ronzeru
Dec 15, 2006, 04:07 PM
On 2006-12-15 12:44, CyarVictor wrote:
I try to carry at least two scapes. but i hate going back and forth between my room and party since people want to play then to wait. Now so, what happens we you guys who are high and mighty about scapes go through your stock and still die left and right, I'd bet you would be mad if you got booted from the mission as well. I want to ask also, how many of you guys are actually hunters/fortefighters because it's harder to foresee megid since you are in the mix compared to rangers and forces who can easily see and avoid what's coming.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2006-12-15 12:46 ]</font>

*raises hand.* I'm a Figunner, who is in the mix always. It's pretty easy to come across scapes and not die every run. By time I finally do die, I came across several scapedolls and or scape boards by then, so have 3+ on me to get me back onto my feet.

If not, I go to players shops, purchase their insanely cheap scapedoll boards, purchase the cheap supplies to create one that I usually already always have on my, and make me more for less than the cost of the scapedoll from NPCs or playershops themselves. ^_^

CyarVictor
Dec 15, 2006, 04:18 PM
I know they are easy to come by, but I was wondering if people have gone through entire stocks of scapes in their inventory and still die like doing A-rank runs in the seabed complex with the Jarbas and their high leveled megid compared to the lv1 megid del jabans have.

Ronzeru
Dec 15, 2006, 04:20 PM
If people are going through entire stocks that fast, even with several runs, and just through A Rank missions, even in something as simple as Seabed... well... they are doing something wrong, and i'd prefer not to play with anyone like that to be honest.

Only thing that something like that is excused for, is if you are in a Megid-Zone. Aka LL or that run before Seabead with the Jarbas.

Bast
Dec 15, 2006, 04:23 PM
I always make sure that I carry scape dolls and mates with me at all times. For the past couple of days I've been doing missions with other people. For 32 levels I solo'ed.

Even if you die (w/ no scape dolls.) booting you will have no affect on the mission score. Its not like when the leader boots you your death isn't calculated in. They do that just because they're pissed off.

I say shyt happens. It's just a game. Now if you die irl w/o a scape doll, you just SOL. lol

If your entire team was taking the mission serious, instead of just poking aroudn then everyone would have carried scape dolls and mates.

EDIT: Grammer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bast on 2006-12-15 13:26 ]</font>

CyarVictor
Dec 15, 2006, 04:25 PM
There's a place in the sebed area, the door you come out of after the gol dova that has a 3rd block, a room(i call the funbox) with nothing but 4-5 jarbas in there at one time. Sometimes you get nothing but empowered jarbas. I don't even bother bringing scapes because it's a place for meseta, items, exp, and death rather than mission points(not that great even on A runs). it's the only place i never bring scapes because of the megid and high powered ice attacks from Jarbas.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2006-12-15 13:26 ]</font>

Taris
Dec 16, 2006, 02:20 PM
Simple concept:
When enemies like Bil De Vears or any other critter than can cause paralysis/freezing/etc. and result in INSTANT DEATH TO ANYONE AFFLICTED with NO CHANCE OF THEM HEALING THEMSELVES pop, a party should
1) Break off all the "look at me, I can kick so much ass I'll solo whatever I want to" crap and FORM UP AS ONE OR TWO UNITS to take the dangerous enemies down one by one. Actually play the roles your class/type are supposed to, and forget the "style/role playing" stuff. A Ranger should not be running up to a Bil De Vear to hit it with Rising Strike, dammit.

2) Forces/tech users should prepare to REVERSER AND RESTA when someone is hit/affected. "Carry a scape doll" is not an excuse for you, as a force, to leave half your team froze on the spot, unable to heal themselves in ANY way. Nor is "carry Antimates" for when people are hit by Jellen or Zalure or the like. We only get so many mate-type recovery items, and being affected by Jellen/Zalure/etc. is a pain in the ass for the WHOLE TEAM, since it drags performace way down.

3) STOP SPLITTING UP AND RUNNING OFF TO THE OPPOSITE ENDS OF THE ROOM. It makes you easier prey for the big guys who inevidable go to follow you and stomp your lonely ass flat. And if you're running together and see you're being targeted by something that uses Megid or the like, then you should SLIGHTLY break away to keep the shot from heading towards multiple bodies in a bunch.

4) Said before, but can't be said enough: carry a scape doll or FIVE just in case. And if you run out, SAY SOMETHING about it. (Tho saying you're out of Scapes might open up a whole NEW reason for being booted for a team...who cares, if they do that, they're assholes of the N-th degree, and you're better off somewhere else.)

Playing as a party means the party members have responsibility to everyone else to work as a team, and you as an individual have a responsibility to NOT do something stupid that gets you OR your teammates killed for no other reason than your own lack of thought.

However, dying is your own damn fault when you don't carry scapes at all, run about with no plan at all and fight your own little fight away from the rest of the party (and away from the tech-users especially), join at a TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE low level, or do something incredibly dumb like run into a big enemy face-first and spam Tornado Dance in front of it while it stomps you flat/techs you to oblivion...

Side note: I think "Death = Boot" was an inevitability in this game, not just because some people are assholes, but because we DO have random farmers joining parties simply to get what they can, and not work as a part of a unit, just like PSO...but death "counts" this time so it's even worse...so who wants to tolerate it when it seems like someone's taking boxes and appearing not to perform up-to-snuff?

Of course, then, people should be taking the time to PUT IN THE MISSION MEMO BOX something like "serious party only" or "no farmers", etc...

KyoRensanu
Dec 16, 2006, 03:28 PM
Usually, its stupid if people kick others for dying. Sometimes things happen and people just cant really help it. (ex: Bombardment with paralysis or freeze) Of course, there's those special cases where you have some idiot run into a high level area with a low level character, runs into the middle of a mob, and gets himself/herself killed. Besides those cases where people get themselves killed on purpose or act stupid then get themselves killed, people shouldn't kick others for accidents like that.

PJ
Dec 16, 2006, 04:32 PM
I'm a level 16 Beast ATM, so I don't kick people for dying in my teams. It annoys me when people die at De Ragan in a team, though. He's not that hard, the only reason I died to him when I soloed was because I wasn't paying attention and got stuck. With a group of people, that doesn't happen.

I don't kick them for dying, but just... yeesh.

Mystil
Dec 16, 2006, 04:42 PM
Hmm, ever since I died for the first time in the Underwater Plant at 44, I've always carried 10 scapes with me. And for missions where I know everyone is going to die, I carry 5 and when I run out I'm gone. You kinda just know when you joined a lost cause party.

Wheatpenny
Dec 16, 2006, 06:39 PM
The whole die and i'll boot ya will always be a debate,here is my 2 cents along with an example of how you would be able to be one of those rare individuals to earn my wrath and get booted.(Trust me you have to be a real moron to acomplish this feat)

Situation example one : De Ragon A,we are fighting a force equips a dagger and shouts "HEY GUYS CHECK THIS OUT!" he then proceeds to zerg rush the dragon and dies with a 2 hitter quitter.
NOTE: I have never played a force but I know how much of a beating I take on my hunter to know that if it hurts as a hunter trying the same thing as a force is a no-no.

Situation example 2: De Ragon A (Why is it always De Ragon?) A hunter that is JUST at the level limit to go on A run decides during the fight that "OMG FIRE= PRETTY I GOTS TO RUN INTO IT!ZERG RUSH AWAY!!!! Runs into the firey breath of death and gets incinerated.
NOTE: Now before you go off saying" BUT WHEAT MAYBE THEY ARE NEW!!" If you have been through De Ragon C and De Ragon B you should pretty much have the whole "fire bad" concept down pat by then. If you don't your a dumbass,flame me,call me an A-hole,and any other sort of unpleasantness I can't think of at the moment, all you want for saying it I don't care.

Situation 3: Desert Terror A. Three Vil De Bears show up all clumped together and a Ranger decides to get in the middle of them while they are in full spin mode.Now had this guy been using a shotgun or some gun that dictated the possibility of having to be close I could sympathize but as a ranger but he was using a Rifle WTF,even the hunters(whom should be the most likely up front and dying from balarina fury) knew to get the hell outa the way.
NOTE: I have played a ranger so I have a grasp of positioning for a rifle....which is as far away from the mob as possible last time I checked.

Theese are the only 3 times I have ever had to kick anyone at all.Call it mean if you must but I beleive theese were justified,I can tell the difference from an accident and sheer idiocity.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wheatpenny on 2006-12-16 15:49 ]</font>

BloodDragoon
Dec 16, 2006, 07:42 PM
On 2006-12-16 15:39, Wheatpenny wrote:

Situation example 2: De Ragon A (Why is it always De Ragon?) A hunter that is JUST at the level limit to go on A run decides during the fight that "OMG FIRE= PRETTY I GOTS TO RUN INTO IT!ZERG RUSH AWAY!!!! Runs into the firey breath of death and gets incinerated.
NOTE: Now before you go off saying" BUT WHEAT MAYBE THEY ARE NEW!!" If you have been through De Ragon C and De Ragon B you should pretty much have the whole "fire bad" concept down pat by then. If you don't your a dumbass,flame me,call me an A-hole,and any other sort of unpleasantness I can't think of at the moment, all you want for saying it I don't care.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wheatpenny on 2006-12-16 15:49 ]</font>

I did that on De Regan A on purpose at lv 50... >.> Kinda got curious if I could survive flame breath on A rank with 46% fire on my armor. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif