PDA

View Full Version : I really need help chosing what I want to class I want to pl

Nestahima
Dec 14, 2006, 05:34 PM
Ok. Here we go. I'm going to go through, quickly, what I like and dislike about each class.

Hunter: I like melee weaponry, especially the big weapons, and I really feel like I would like the Twin Claws of the Fortefighter. My main problem is that I can't stand having to have a different element of the same weapon for each run I do. Nor can I stand being surrounded by 9 million other Fortefighters (the most played class).

Rangers: I like Dual Handguns. A lot. I love the fact that I can switch elements to cater to each situation, and I love the fact that I can strafe with the weapons. I would probably go Guntecher if I stayed a Ranger, just for the S-Rank Dual Handguns. Also, as a Ranger, I rarely get hit. (Thats a plus). I don't like, however, that it is sometimes very hard to solo.

Force: No. No force for me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Gazette
Dec 14, 2006, 05:38 PM
Figunner?

Hunter/Ranger hybrid class.
The best of both worlds.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-12-14 14:38 ]</font>

Umberger
Dec 14, 2006, 05:40 PM
You could go Figunner, they're pretty awesome. Also, you don't really need different elements of all weapons to be a Hunter...no one except the super-elitist-mylifeisPSU guys are going to care if you don't do that extra 20 damage.

Itchee
Dec 14, 2006, 05:41 PM
I disagree.....I find it rather easy to solo as ranger. True you might end up spending a little more on PP recharges...but you dont have to ever get hit if you dont want to. Haha. The trick is to not always attempt to solo the toughest thing you can find....you'll go broke that way. Draining all your guns repeatedly on the same map. Switch it up some by blowing through the easier missions quickly and use the meseta gained to help finance some of your more difficult exploits....

Carbinne
Dec 14, 2006, 05:42 PM
Protranser.

panzer_unit
Dec 14, 2006, 05:47 PM
Hmm, you like dual handguns AND melee? Roll figunner like everyone and their sister. The class that's Just Too Good. Enjoy the freebie of an awesome exclusive weapon class while you're at it.

About melee weapons: just make green and bite the bullet on doing less damage. Or make everything Dark and never go to Linear Line. On the other hand, spares of any melee weapon mean more PA spamming = faster missions and more PA leveling.

omegapirate2k
Dec 14, 2006, 05:51 PM
If you want to be figunner, I suggest starting as hunter, then once you've got your hunter up go for ranger.

You should definitely be a figunner because of the dual pistols then, I love em.

Mystil
Dec 14, 2006, 05:55 PM
On 2006-12-14 14:34, Nestahima wrote:
Ok. Here we go. I'm going to go through, quickly, what I like and dislike about each class.

Hunter: I like melee weaponry, especially the big weapons, and I really feel like I would like the Twin Claws of the Fortefighter. My main problem is that I can't stand having to have a different element of the same weapon for each run I do. Nor can I stand being surrounded by 9 million other Fortefighters (the most played class).

1. To maximize efficieny as a melee you have to have the proper elements, going green is ok but you want that extra damage from the %'s. The only problem with this is when you switch in your new 'element pallete' you have to reassign all the PA's to thier respective weapons.

Being surrounded by other hunter/fortefighters is not a bad thing. It is very advantagous to each one present. While one is whipping a monsters ass, another melee will usually step in and maul them from behind and so forth.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2006-12-14 14:56 ]</font>