PDA

View Full Version : Any Fortetechers who use Wand/Handgun?

Nestahima
Dec 14, 2006, 09:16 PM
Every Fortetecher I've seen uses a Rod and a Bow. Rarely do I see a Fortetecher who uses a Wand/Handgun. Anyone use this set up? What are the benefits?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nestahima on 2006-12-14 18:17 ]</font>

BigSexy
Dec 14, 2006, 09:19 PM
right now im condering what im going to do when i cahnge to fortecher tongiht.... i think i will use the wand... and the benefit i see is basically just casting spells faster.... i cant stand how long it takes to cast a spell with a rod...

idk if that helps.... but that is my thinking

Umberger
Dec 14, 2006, 09:20 PM
I use a Wand for healing and the Handgun for opening boxes...I suppose once buffs come out, I'll put them on Wands too.

Tra
Dec 14, 2006, 09:26 PM
I use wands, but not handguns

Nestahima
Dec 14, 2006, 09:27 PM
What else do you put in the offhand?

Careful
Dec 14, 2006, 09:48 PM
I use wands, 1 wand with foie/rafoie + freeze bullets. 1 wand with anything i'm leveling + lightning bullets. 1 wand with just resta/reverser. I have 2 rods and a bow. But i like wands more, i just hate when resta gets stuck when you switch wands. They cast faster, you can tag quicker if you have decently leveled bullets.

You can use fans i guess =/ i dont know how good they are though.

Umberger
Dec 14, 2006, 09:54 PM
You mean Cards? They shoot 2 homing projectiles...don't know how their ATP fares vs. Handguns since it hits 2 times, and homes in so you miss less. Also, I think as the Card Photon Arts level up, they shoot 3 (level 11) projectiles, then 4 (level 21).

Randomness
Dec 14, 2006, 10:08 PM
Well, I have a handgun in the offhand with my wand because I can't equip cards yet...
But I really dont ever use it except on boxes.

AeraLure
Dec 14, 2006, 11:03 PM
I usually only use rods on bosses when I want offense and restores both at the ready. Even there though, depending on the party makeup, maybe I would simply stay ready to heal. Depends. Mostly I prefer wands and some sort of offhand. Faster and more efficient to tag, faster to heal, and when I solo I prefer offense on the wands as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-12-14 20:05 ]</font>

Laranas
Dec 14, 2006, 11:07 PM
If I found a Wand with ~581 TP or a Handgun with ~667 ATP, sure I'd use it

AeraLure
Dec 14, 2006, 11:18 PM
Meh. Difference in say a Crozier and a Tomoirod in terms of TP is not that high. The difference is in the PP. There is enough of a speed difference though between rods and wands to make a difference in a timely heal sometimes however, and the difference in the exact size of the heal is not terribly important in that case. Nor is there a need for a super handgun to tag and kill something. In many cases things are dead before you can whip several RAs out of a rod. All you're looking to do in a situation like that is tag and then be at the ready to heal and use reverser, fast and often. In soloing, you can get surrounded and fend off a crowd better sometimes with a faster casting wand then you can a rod. Sure when you get back to recharge you'll have 4 wands to recharge maybe instead of 2 rods, but the difference again is not so much.

Never meant it as an end all be all statement. Sure there are times a rod is superior, and a rod and a wand of even rarity is always going to show the rod with higher TP as far as I know, by definition. That alone does not mean shelve the entire weapon class.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-12-14 20:31 ]</font>

Zina
Dec 15, 2006, 01:25 AM
I do. My character is small and my fight style in the game is around speed.So its better for me to use wands then wands.

onami
Dec 15, 2006, 01:37 AM
I use both.. My lineup right now is: Rod Rod Rod Wand/Gun Wand/Gun Bow. And I look pretty hot using my wand and gun.. ;p

http://img304.imageshack.us/img304/5508/psu20061215140357002yv2.jpg

I'll probably get a card for one of the wands.. I still can't use them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: onami on 2006-12-14 22:38 ]</font>

Numnuttz
Dec 15, 2006, 02:46 AM
thats weird Onami . my newman is only 54 and level 3 foretecher and i can use cards. im using the kubara one which needs 105 ata. but back to topic i use a card/wand combo for one of my slots.

Tetsuro
Dec 15, 2006, 02:51 AM
Where do you get the Card that only need 105 ata?

Shazbot
Dec 15, 2006, 03:16 AM
LV58 Newman, Fortecher LV5 = 116 ATA
7* Card needs 115.
That's how it went for me.

I'm a Wand/Handgun user! The handguns come out when the enemies get too close. I fire as I scoot away and around to reposition my FO for more nuking. I find them verrry useful for fast enemies that charge around a lot and are difficult to catch with a bow or Foie--freeze bullets especially. It's also nice for the time's when you run into enemies that take 1/2 magic dmg but full bullet damage like those bat biatches. Lv 2 bullets work great I find. Lv 3 Handgun bullets I haven't used yet. I've just started using cards so can't say much on them yet.

Kurushii
Dec 15, 2006, 03:21 AM
I use almost the same setup as Onami, except I use the Kikami (8* Kubara Card) instead of a handgun. Btw if you in need of one hit me up sometime. I been making them for people lately like crazy.

onami
Dec 15, 2006, 03:52 AM
Wish I could afford 8* cards http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif Just need one more Mayrod and I should be done with rods and wands for a while and I can save up towards other things. I think my APA at 58/5 was 106.. so 59/5, I'm not so sure but not enough for the 7* Yohmei Cards still.

Vhex
Dec 15, 2006, 08:25 AM
On 2006-12-14 18:54, Umberger wrote:
You mean Cards? They shoot 2 homing projectiles...don't know how their ATP fares vs. Handguns since it hits 2 times, and homes in so you miss less. Also, I think as the Card Photon Arts level up, they shoot 3 (level 11) projectiles, then 4 (level 21).

At 21 they increase in attack power but still shoot just 3 cards.

Delinguaniss
Dec 15, 2006, 09:42 AM
The benefits are tagging, although, I'm the type of force that likes to be everywhere, I can't be too still for too long, and besides I love pistols.

panzer_unit
Dec 15, 2006, 10:07 AM
I was running around with my wife's character last night, with a couple slots filled by handgun (card) and wand... it's great.

Load appropriate bullets for whatever area you're in, Gi- spells to match, and good old Resta. You can tag XP and maybe lay down some statuses as you're positioning with the monsters to maximize damage when you start up a crazy AOE-style whooping from Gi. Every mission is easy street when you go like that.

Krltplps
Dec 15, 2006, 10:34 AM
I used rods exclusively for a good 40 levels, but when I started grouping with people it became evident I'd need some wands. Now I love em.

Currently my setup is x3 (gun + wand), x2 Rod, x1 Bow.
Frost on the guns and bows.

Soon as I can use cards I am going to replace all the guns.

panzer_unit
Dec 15, 2006, 10:36 AM
Don't totally ditch the handguns. At lv21 the ammo should pop up to SE3, making it the better choice for status hits against resistant monsters.

StarWind09
Dec 15, 2006, 10:44 AM
I use the wand/handgun combo strictly as my healing stick so I don't waste up space on my rods =P

Numnuttz
Dec 15, 2006, 10:46 AM
On 2006-12-14 23:51, Tetsuro wrote:
Where do you get the Card that only need 105 ata?

i made the kubara one. the board cost 110k and is locked in the neudaiz syth shop.

BurningRage
Dec 15, 2006, 10:46 AM
Yeah, a Fortetecher friend of mine does the exact same thing. Resta + wand = fast healing in a pinch.

Dragon_Knight
Dec 15, 2006, 10:56 AM
For me I have 3 rods and three wand/gun combos. I've found in the higher ranks that I'm needed to heal on a moments notice. So I use the guns to tag monsters (if possible) and just hang around waiting to heal people. The rods all have diffrent elements on them and two wands have resta/reverser. The last one having my fave ice spells on it.

Xtian913
Dec 15, 2006, 10:56 AM
I do a Wand/Handgun combo on my Healing wands, so that I can still at least tag the enemies while I'm busy being the HealingBot.

But as soon as I can use & afford crossbows & cards, I'm definitely gonna ditch the handgun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xtian913 on 2006-12-15 07:58 ]</font>

erickarim
Dec 15, 2006, 11:02 AM
1.- first post XD

2.- my reason to go fortetecher was to exceed in tech. witch i wont if i "tag" stuff with guns. i have one, i use when none of my tech work. aka flying baka boss.

3.- i do have a resta + reverser wand. when i play with low lvl characters that need a loot of healing. but thats it. regular runs (a,s ) my staff is fast enough