PDA

View Full Version : Racist Boss battle

Hexadecimal
Dec 15, 2006, 01:46 AM
Has this ever happened to you?

Where a boss will just TARGET you as if you're the only one around? Happens to me all the time. Completely illogically too.

Why, one fight against...uhh the boss of Fanatics' Grove... the big machine thing... I was playing as my Newman with my friend who was a cast. The fact that I could NOT stand still was a decently large burden.

The thing targeted me no matter what. Even AFTER I died. It made absolutely no sense. This happens a lot though...are enemies just against me for some reason? Is it because I'm ugly or something?

KG
Dec 15, 2006, 01:47 AM
mayb its luck....who knows mayb he just hates u and only u

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 15, 2006, 01:53 AM
Run behind your partner...

AnamanaAU
Dec 15, 2006, 01:55 AM
How is it racist?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 15, 2006, 01:56 AM
On 2006-12-14 22:55, JubeiSaotome wrote:
How is it racist?

Because it gets you to click the topic.

Hexadecimal
Dec 15, 2006, 01:58 AM
Newman VS Cast.

And like I said, it's happened before ha ha. I wonder if bosses sit there and calculate who's the most vulnerable.

~De Ragan whips out calculator~ The female newman level 16 force will be the easiest to take out, however that male newman level 18 force has an inferior armor... chance of successful kill is higher witht he female.

*De Ragan pummels the female*

nefarious
Dec 15, 2006, 02:11 AM
I think it's a glitch.

Today, the De Ragan kept targeting my NPC dude with his flame breath. You know, your default NPC from tutorial?

He was DEAD and getting flame breathed.

Made killing De Ragan easier, but ffs >.>

And btw, I had the same thing happen to me in grove of fanatics... It was super retarded, too, because it freaked me out that all the sudden I had 5 barrages of missles comming at me, and I totally fumbled my macro pallet and couldn't heal myself.

Ronin1of47
Dec 15, 2006, 02:14 AM
i think the boss targets the person who is the imediate threat... or least treatening... you know what i have no idea

Aobikari
Dec 15, 2006, 02:15 AM
Nah it isnt racist its happend to me plenty of times and im a CAST fortergunner. Im quite sure the AI calculates who is the best target. Example i can give is that i spend a good day lvling some of my lower lvl pals and the boss just goes after me knowing that Im the only one doing real dmg and with me out the way well the rest are just easy picking.

DarkSeph
Dec 15, 2006, 02:16 AM
Seems like Racism is all over the place lately...it just must have been on his mind when he created this topic (ie: news, mel gibson, that seinfeld guy...etc).........and for clarification, it's called prejudism, it has nothing to do with Racism......get it straight or we'll have another Flame about how Newmans are a hated race and blah blah blah.......

.....What has this country come to http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

EDIT: For the record, I'm prejudice against a lot of people/things/stuff....Don't like people who smoke (until they learn not to smoke around me) Don't like Idiot Drivers, Don't...etc, you get the idea!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2006-12-14 23:17 ]</font>

nefarious
Dec 15, 2006, 02:16 AM
I was a 38 cast, grove c, level20 boss.

I was a ranger, doing dick damage, because it has like FFFF defense.

My Force friend was hitting like 500+ per hit, easy.

But I had significantly higher defense... >.>

So ... yea.

A-P
Dec 15, 2006, 03:30 AM
On 2006-12-14 22:56, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

How is it racist?

Heh, nicely put.

In any case, shit happens guy. Welcome to the club.

Tsudori
Dec 15, 2006, 04:22 AM
I get what he's sayin tho evrytime i fight that DAMN De Ragan he goes for me like a big steamin pile of steak on my back, it doesnt matter who i'm with. I created a new character and it still happened.......it does not make sense, if chewbacca does not make sense then you must equit!

Zarbolord
Dec 15, 2006, 04:29 AM
I only get that with Hil De Bills cos I'm a ranger http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Retsuya
Dec 15, 2006, 05:01 AM
have you ever hear agro from other games? well I think its just your luck that when you hit the boss you get agro....
in another sense the boss just likes tasty flesh than scrap metal...

I know a friend who was a newhuman force in PSO and he got nuked by the HILLdeBEARs

Nani-chan
Dec 15, 2006, 05:06 AM
Newmans taste better than your average cast, making the a more spectacular flavor for the monsters. Even though I've been told that I'm delicious, I prefer tasting others.

SolRiver
Dec 15, 2006, 05:41 AM
Well, if you want the technical way of viewing this...

Sometimes the data that was transfer to your computer differ from your team mates. Ever notice how somtimes you see your hunter attacking thin air a mile away from the monsters who is right in front of you? Except this also translate into the monster's target.

In another player's screen, monster would be targetting that player instead; mean while in your screen, you are being targeted.

Why this happen? It has something to do with how the server is programmed. The server didn't care much for synchronization, and the programmer probably figure it is not that big of a deal anway.

Rizen
Dec 15, 2006, 05:44 AM
I think all bosses hate people named Rizen. Every single time, they going after the person named Rizen. It never fails. So if you ever have a person named Rizen in your party, just hide behind him. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SolRiver
Dec 15, 2006, 05:45 AM
>< lagged double posts

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2006-12-15 02:45 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Dec 15, 2006, 07:17 AM
On 2006-12-14 22:56, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

How is it racist?

hahaha holy shit lol

FrogKicker
Dec 15, 2006, 07:21 AM
I wish PSU had hate, agro control, and some form of taunt....

My first and only complaint about PSU. Well, more of a peeve.

Delinguaniss
Dec 15, 2006, 09:44 AM
Newmans are always targeted, when I play as Delinguaniss, I'm hunted by all enemies, De ragan constantly, every Jarba, Dimmagolus, Aghana Degana, K Dude, and Onmagoug. And I'm not even causing that much consistent damage, but oh well, I just came to the conclusion that the game hates newmans...

Merumeru
Dec 15, 2006, 10:50 AM
XD i love when they target me, gives me an excuse to shout various big-headed remarks while I get pummelled to oblivion X3

Dragon_Knight
Dec 15, 2006, 11:05 AM
Actualy I think the game hates beasts...I'm a newman female and I was doing some rappy runs in LL B rank. Everytime I would run into the room first, maybe one or two monsters would come after me. The rest would go after my beast friend....as in WALK right by me whitout so much as looking at me. Heck they would even walk to him until then faded out, then when they reappeared they walk to him again...I had fun watching that once...XD

Jasam
Dec 15, 2006, 11:20 AM
It occasionly happons with normal enermys as well, I'm on parum, run up to one of the larger spawns, get reddy to fight...
And they all IGNORE me, and run stright over to the newman force female behind me...

I was like.... stop ****ing ignoring me and attack ME so i can kill you!!!

MayLee
Dec 15, 2006, 11:27 AM
I usually think the boss targets the weakest member of the party.

Akaimizu
Dec 15, 2006, 11:32 AM
Same here. Though sometimes I think monsters target specific classes.

I always think:

If they shoot from afar, the monsters say "kill".
If they chuck techniques, the monsters say "Kill".
If they do both, the monsters say "KILL".

But........

If the monsters see someone who is 10 levels lower than anybody else, the monsters say, "KILL NOW, and I mean NOW".

But now that I think of it. Usually that entire pattern I described goes in the order of descending Hit points. (particularly in my scenario) So THAT'S it!! Monsters want Hit Points to Reach 0 as fast as possible. It's best to start with the lowest number.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-15 08:34 ]</font>

Pooru
Dec 15, 2006, 11:56 AM
oh dear do i have ALOT and i mean ALOT of De Ragan stories for you....but short story in a nutshell....imagine from level 17-39 every single party involving de ragan running...the dragon comes and blows you several kisses and ignores the other members of the party...that my friends is de ragan love D:

Maskim
Dec 15, 2006, 12:03 PM
This happens to me all the freaking time!

I'm usually soloing when I experience this...

Schubalts
Dec 15, 2006, 12:30 PM
Happened to me on my female CAST before I remade her, with every De Ragan. No matter how much damage or what leel anybody else was, at some point it would just start chasing me around, trying to trample me. Good thing I was using twin handguns on it, though, as it lowered its head when it chased me. free headshots without going into FPS mode? Yes, please!

HoBagBeater
Dec 15, 2006, 12:40 PM
Racist monster b*stards! That happen when me and my brother played on the gamecube version. I was like lvl 45, and he was like 17 or 18. They kept attacking him, and i was like " you got new lovers, brother" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Akaimizu
Dec 15, 2006, 12:44 PM
I've always travelled with Hunter classes, so I was the typical De Ragan Target. Though I can't say he ALWAYS went for me.

chaostroop
Dec 16, 2006, 08:34 PM
mabey it happens 2 2 pepole at the sametime or something. mabey on your screen its attacking you and on soneone elses screen its attacking them just a guess

Delinguaniss
Dec 18, 2006, 08:14 AM
Your guess is reasonable. But for some reaosn, yesterday or Saturday, I was playing as my newman, and I ran off to the left, far left, cause somebody sent me a message, so I read it while running afar. Next thing I know, De Ragan charges me from his original position all the way across the stage to a wall. And I'm like, "You total d*ck." But he missed me by an inch. I did the same thing with my cast, and it didn't happen. Now I have to try that with my human.

Mystil
Dec 18, 2006, 09:51 AM
I got toilet spanked by De Ragan couple of runs ago. He charged at me, burned me up, baseball batted me into 3com park, stomped on me, pounced on me(when landing from air) and other things. All the while ignoring everyone else.

Dhylec
Dec 18, 2006, 09:58 AM
On 2006-12-18 06:51, Mystil wrote:
I got toilet spanked by De Ragan couple of runs ago. He charged at me, burned me up, baseball batted me into 3com park, stomped on me, pounced on me(when landing from air) and other things. All the while ignoring everyone else.

Whoa, that's discrimination. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
Heh, looks like you have seriously touched his bad side. Did ya kill his pet or something? ;]

Len
Dec 18, 2006, 10:07 AM
On 2006-12-15 02:01, Retsuya wrote:
have you ever hear agro from other games? well I think its just your luck that when you hit the boss you get agro....
in another sense the boss just likes tasty flesh than scrap metal...

I know a friend who was a newhuman force in PSO and he got nuked by the HILLdeBEARs

thats what i was going to say
odds are you pulled to much agro[hate] from the enemy.this can happen by hitting them the most, or more often than the rest of the party, having better accuracy, or by doing more damage overall.

everytime i do a de regan run and im with my pm, cause shes right in front of his face constantly attacking, i never get attacked once.seems like a decent comparison

Akaimizu
Dec 18, 2006, 10:12 AM
Can't be sure. Sometimes I think there's no way I'm doing the most damage. The hunters with thier multi-point hitting strong attacks usually are the ones doing the majority. But if there is a similar aggro algorithm being used, for PSU; maybe melee weapons don't draw as much.

Still, until I see more, I'll probably stick with the low-HP thinking route. It's been somewhat consistent. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-12-18 07:16 ]</font>

Retsuya
Dec 29, 2006, 08:57 PM
online the deragan somehow goes for me. sometimes I think its cool because I'm far away shooting and have enoygh time to run.
but over all I think I goes for eveyone without exception.

DonRoyale
Dec 29, 2006, 09:04 PM
Tip: Don't snipe the De Ragan then run away. He'll chase you.

Kismet
Dec 29, 2006, 09:59 PM
It targeted you because it was hoping that by knocking some robot photon sense into your character's ass, if would refrain you from making a whiny post like this.

Apparently, the mob failed.

Next.

ChocoboChad
Dec 29, 2006, 11:05 PM
I heard this somewhere:

"Monsters tend to attack people that make them flinch."

Plausible?

Scopes
Dec 29, 2006, 11:15 PM
In lots of games bosses target the character with the lowest defence.

Though, I'd go with glitch.

MayLee
Dec 29, 2006, 11:21 PM
I think they target the weakest person in the party. Dimogolous and I had a love hate relationship..

MayLee
Dec 29, 2006, 11:38 PM
No, my only love is Bil De Vear. Oh how he throws himself at me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ShinMaruku
Dec 30, 2006, 12:03 AM
Appearantly the boss is Melkor and it dubs you Feanor.
Cookies to who ever knows what I'm talking about.

MayLee
Dec 30, 2006, 12:17 AM
I don't know what you're talking about but can I have a cookie anyway? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ShinMaruku
Dec 30, 2006, 12:30 AM
Cookies are only for the wise and well versed.

MayLee
Dec 30, 2006, 02:00 AM
But..*Sniff*..I..*Sniff*..Wan...a..COOKIE!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<.<

ShinMaruku
Dec 30, 2006, 12:57 PM
The Magna Dux hands cookies to the wise. It's not too hard to find out who Feanor and Melkor are ya know.
They have a connection to the Lord of the Rings

Wheatpenny
Dec 30, 2006, 03:14 PM
No ,its cause' SEGA got the mods of habbo hotel to write the boss battle script. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Tonnio
Dec 30, 2006, 06:13 PM
Yes I agree it really sucks when the bosses target you. About a week ago I fought two sevaltus and they both went after me! The only good thing about getting pwn3d by them was I got a nanoblast and mauled them HAHAHA

ShinMaruku
Dec 30, 2006, 06:34 PM
They never ambush Nariko.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif They must know bout the Nanoblast... But the newman.. yup. Then get's nuked... Just wait till 50cent rolls deep

Retsuya
Dec 30, 2006, 07:30 PM
humm.. If I distract the Boss or minion with a cookie.... What will happen..
It might work, I might finally defeat them...
But we are talking about Cookies here people
and I ate the last one!