PDA

View Full Version : DBZ kids are scum

Orlandio
Nov 24, 2002, 11:21 PM
I have a great story. My friend Shawn was in an open game with 1 spot left open, I go and join him. We're in the forest, he and I, a Humar named Gotenks, and a cool Fomar named Luecas. Shawn says "Hey, look what I found today" and he drops an inferno bazooka on the floor. I press the button to pick it up, out of nowhere, Gotenks zooms between where we are standing. I check my inventory, no bazooka. He swiped it! LOL! Shawn was pissed. Gotenks signed off. I don't feel sorry for Shawn at all, he should have known better than to drop a rare, when he could have just showed me through the trade window in town, or emailed me about it, let alone actually playing with a DBZ person. Thieves and nasty people still do exist. Shawn went and piped on rappies to get another bazooka, but it's the thought of all this....that people are still willing to steal from other people. I mean, he could have made friends out of us...got alot more, than a bazooka, by being our friend. I wonder if this kid even has other PSO friends..or how they act like. It's amazing that in a game I've had so much teamwork with wonderful people and enjoyed..to know that there are people who would do something against another player, for their own gain. They aren't the enemy..those AI monsters are. I think it's very funny, and slightly ironic...just my 2 cents. This story is more of a laugh, than an angry vent. The stranger Fomar was even mad...and he didn't know us. Good samaritan, I guess he would be?

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Nov 24, 2002, 11:25 PM
I'd probably have stolen it, too =@_@=; Bazookas are hard for me to find, and I can be fickle with lots of people being online, eh? ;3...

Scan_Man
Nov 24, 2002, 11:26 PM
I use the trade window to view other people's items or for them to see my items. Much safer.

Eum
Nov 24, 2002, 11:39 PM
It just goes to show, you can't trust people.

I can understand why he stole it, though. I think it was more then just the rare aspect. Maybe he gets a rewarding feeling by stealing the item. It's quite possible he's using Phantasy Star Online as a means of release. Maybe in reality, he's the perfect child, who's never done anything less-than-innocent. He may feel like he is control, online, and steals because this is new and exciting to him.

Then again, he may have just seen a movie with a really nifty thief-like character, and was envious, so now he is doing what his hero does. Hee. n.n;

Balthor
Nov 25, 2002, 12:03 AM
Don't people have common sense anymore, sheesh, even with your friend, he should know better then to drop ANYTHING with some SSJ30087 fanboy in the vicinity. Plus the other guy shoulda realized SSJ names are more overused then Simpsons cliche's, it's not even funny (neither of them are)

It's funny though, how most of the SSJ/FF7 freaks always type in all caps, or use @'s instead of O's.

I actully get a larf from them really, Vega's a nice visual show.

Vejita
Nov 25, 2002, 12:09 AM
think before you speak orlandio
do you know how many ppl out there in PSO would've come and stolen a weapon from somebody like that?you know that happened to my friend with some Grass Assassins Arms.it really sucks doesnt it.but you know some things you just said really just f**king pissed me off.DBZ kids are scum?!?!?what in the hell were you thinking.were you high???even tho i stopped watching DBZ a long time ago, i still have this name, despite the SHIT i put up with.and i havent seen crap like this in a loooooong time.

"he should have known better than to drop a rare, when he could have just showed me through the trade window in town, or emailed me about it, let alone actually playing with a DBZ person"

*WARNING TO ALL OF PSOW*
Hey Guys, everyone avoid me, never play with me, b/c my name is Vejita, and that means i'm Scum and will steal all your items!! I used to watch a show on TV, that i liked, maybe you didnt like it, but i did.And that means that I'm a minority that is expected to be a thief.

you need help, i dont watch DBZ anymore, i havent in a long time.i'm not a "DBZ Kid".but i dont care, that was a very stereotypical thing you said and i really shouldn't be the only one pissed off about that.

think before you speak

Eum
Nov 25, 2002, 12:21 AM
On 2002-11-24 21:09, Vejita wrote:
*WARNING TO ALL OF PSOW*
Hey Guys, everyone avoid me, never play with me, b/c my name is Vejita, and that means i'm Scum and will steal all your items!! I used to watch a show on TV, that i liked, maybe you didnt like it, but i did.And that means that I'm a minority that is expected to be a thief.

More like a majority, really. You really shouldn't take so much offense to what he said. Why defend yourself if what he said isn't true? Simply ignore it, and move on. ^_^ You shouldn't be blaming him, rather, all of the people with those names who give people like you a bad reputation.

If you were slightly more unique, you wouldn't have to put up with this either. Just a thought. c.c;

SiliconX
Nov 25, 2002, 12:48 AM
To say that because this guy had a DBZ-type name and that he stole your Inferno Bazooka, automatically makes all players with DBZ style names, "scum" is rather ignorant.

No offense meant by that, i'm not flaming you, but being a fan of DBZ does not automatically qualify you as a thief just because one loser using a DBZ name stole someone's rare item(which you should never have dropped to begin with)

*Edited for clarification cuz I missed a word or two http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SiliconX on 2002-11-24 22:01 ]</font>

Parn
Nov 25, 2002, 12:57 AM
Speaking of DBZ, enjoy the Flash movie linked in my sig.

Let's have a BBQ!

Vejita
^
if my msg didnt get thru your head then that shouldve

Orlandio
On 2002-11-24 21:09, Vejita wrote:
think before you speak orlandio
do you know how many ppl out there in PSO would've come and stolen a weapon from somebody like that?you know that happened to my friend with some Grass Assassins Arms.it really sucks doesnt it.but you know some things you just said really just f**king pissed me off.DBZ kids are scum?!?!?what in the hell were you thinking.were you high???even tho i stopped watching DBZ a long time ago, i still have this name, despite the SHIT i put up with.and i havent seen crap like this in a loooooong time.

"he should have known better than to drop a rare, when he could have just showed me through the trade window in town, or emailed me about it, let alone actually playing with a DBZ person"

*WARNING TO ALL OF PSOW*

you need help, i dont watch DBZ anymore, i havent in a long time.i'm not a "DBZ Kid".but i dont care, that was a very stereotypical thing you said and i really shouldn't be the only one pissed off about that.

think before you speak

=P

Orlandio
Nov 25, 2002, 01:01 AM
On 2002-11-24 21:48, SiliconX wrote:
To say this guy had a DBZ-type name and that he stole your Inferno Bazooka, insinuates that all players with DBZ style names are "scum" is rather ignorant. No offense meant by that, but being a fan of DBZ does automatically qualify you as a thief just because one loser using a DBZ name stole someone's rare item(which you should never have dropped to begin with)

I didn't drop it, my friend did. btw, he's also king of PSO klutzes..he tekks weapons wrong, sometimes he sells his best weapons while selling junk, one time he lost an item, while transferring offline, because he forgot to pick it up before he saved. With this act, he topped his clumsiness.

MalambisBZ
Nov 25, 2002, 02:17 AM
DBZ is a terrible show.

BTW, your friend is retarded for dropping anything on the floor =).

FluxGryphon
Nov 25, 2002, 02:28 AM
Orlandio's post strikes me as someone just wanting to share a silly story of a friend with some clumsy luck, rather than a hate post on DBZ named characters. And given the title of the post, it initially makes one wonder why it isn't in the rant section of this board...until one reads it of course.

Still, I think it bears some usefulness to point out what Vocal said: why bother wasting your time on arguing with the man if what he said isn't true? I can't speak for Orlandio, but my take on his post (and posts) strikes me as light-hearted and not a condemnation of all fans of Dragon Ball Z. He said the part that struck him most was the fact that people still stoop to stealing when they can get much farther by making allies.

And I don't mean to be crude or stab a knife in your side, Vejita, but depending on how aggressive you take this argument, you could just be proving Orlandio's point (the sterotype of "DBZ" persons). Just a consideration, nothing more.

Rhete
Nov 25, 2002, 02:58 AM
Vejita > Why are you flipping out? Your characters have original names (at least the ones on your sig) and have no DBZ Scumness to them

Parn > That movie sucks

armadaoptimus
Nov 25, 2002, 03:22 AM
I saw that very same guy today in a trade room and he still had your friends item cuz he was trying to trade it...but he was really wierd and rude so I totally agree that THAT guy was an A$$. I hope someone rips him off someday lol

Naer
Nov 25, 2002, 03:32 AM
I'm going to start compiling an FAQ about the stereotypical DBZ Kid(s)

1. DBZ Kids in General
2. Gotenks'
3. Vejitas

-----------------------------------------------------
1. DBZ Kids in General

Q: What is a DBZ Kid?

A: Have you ever idolized someone or something? Be it Superman, Wonder Woman, or a brick of cheese they all have something about them that makes them shine, the ability to fly, owning an invisible jet, or growing mold, respectively. DBZ Kids take idolization to the next level, not only do they wear silly DBZ costumes in their everyday lives and try to impress the ladies with their imaginary energy blasts they plague the online world of PSO.

2. Gotenks'

Q: Gotenks? What the heck is that?

A: Recent studies show that these Gotenks things are down right dirty thieves. Known mostly to be cleptomaniacs, they will stop at nothing, even killing their own momma to pick up a shiney object on the ground.

Q: Oh my God! There is a Gotenks in my game! What do I do?

A: Hopefully you were prepared and carefully placed black electrical tape on any reflective or shiney pieces of equipment you may have. Their attraction to shinies is unparalleled. Even a true clepto would be ashamed.

Q: It's not working! Is there anything to stop him?

A: Quick! Hit the power button on your console!

3. Vejitas

Q: The Vejita...i've heard of it but how about some details?

A: Not too much is known about the Vejita. All I can say is that he is arrogant, thick headed, and just plain rude. Imagine the Vejita you have seen on DBZ with the addition of profanity. I have done a little research and they seem to have some kind of quota, meaning that they need to swear a certain amount of times before the day is over. Consequences are currently unknown, all we can do is pray that the fabled "DBZ God" punishes them with a nice lobotomy.

ReikenFeralsbane
Nov 25, 2002, 03:58 AM
isnt "Vejita" the way its spelled in japanese?

btw, ROFL @ Naer's post

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ReikenFeralsbane on 2002-11-25 01:00 ]</font>

Jizzah
Nov 25, 2002, 04:12 AM
If I were a thief, I'd name my character after DBZ or name it Sephiroth. That way it will be easy to blend in. -_-;

Mazarin
Nov 25, 2002, 05:29 AM
I would agree that I would not really want to play w/ people using DBZ or FF handles. There are so many, and I've seen a great deal of thefts by DBZ/FF handles. How far are you going to get when you say, "A HUmar named Goku stole my Pudwaker +5!" or "Sephitoth FSOD'd me!"

You could be the most wonderfull player in the world. But if your names Gohan, I'm looking for somone else to play w/ or I'm keeping a tight lock on anything I use.

Guess what? I'm a Video Game Racist, now. Aren't I?

Or even if your name has nothing to do w/ DBZ or whatnot, if I hear that someone named "I EAT KIDS" is nol-ing people, I'm not going to play w/ anyone named I EAT KIDS. It's a safety issue. It's common sence. When I drive in the south side of Chicago @ 11:45 PM, I lock my doors, turn my stereo off, and drive really fast. Am I being racist/unfair? No, I'm being smart w/ the information I have received, and therefore, protecting myself. Am I going to drive in Cabrini Green w/ all my windows down, pounding my bass, hanging a bag w/ a $$$$ sign on it out the door, screaming, "I'm a rich, weak, white guy, and I'm lost!" just to make everyone feel better? FUCK NO.

I made a choice to become an Import Tuning enthusiast. In doing so, I know I'm going to get the lable, "Rice Burner." I'm going to get people razzing me for my decision, and I deal w/ it. If you made a decision to knowingly share your handle w/ known cheaters/theives, you've got nothing to bitch about. It is your decision. You will deal w/ the results, or change your decision. Am I mean, cruel, and incensitive? No, I'm realistic.

And besides, Rice fuel burned cleaner and more efficient anyway... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SiliconX
Nov 25, 2002, 06:37 AM
You know, Chii used to seem so innocent until I saw your sig http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AndyPandy
Nov 25, 2002, 10:39 AM
Well if it’s any consolation, I have never seen this DBZ you talk about.

BonusKun
Nov 25, 2002, 11:22 AM
i still have this name, despite the SHIT i put up with.and i havent seen crap like this in a loooooong time.

No offense but he's actually partly right about it. I can honestly say that DBZ names have bred on PSO some of the most stupid narrow minded gamers I have ever had the curse of running into.

I'm not pointing a finger at you persay because of it but, It goes without saying that DBZ names can almost always bejudged to be some fourteen year-old pubeless kid who only wants all da 1337 rarez for himself.

To be frank you should have chosen a more obscure character name if you didn't want all that shit coming your way.

CrashCat
Nov 25, 2002, 11:55 AM
Once upon a time, back when I only had text access to the Internet and played on a good vs. evil PK MUD, there was a Vegeta and a Goku on the evil side where I was. I had never really heard of DBZ, and it didn't really matter. They were good players, helped everyone out, and never once quoted any cheesy line or even did anything that gave away to me where they got their names. A name is just a name, and in that case it wasn't a bad thing. I'm used to twerps trying to ruin other people's fun, I've played enough Diablo and Diablo 2 over the years to be past being sick of them and simply figure out how to thwart or avoid them. It wasn't until I played PSO on the DC that I ran into twerps picking DBZ names, it just happens that the concentration of twerps on PSO had largely picked those names. It's still the same variety of twerps, but it reveals a little more about their mentality.

Notice that the bad eggs seem to have an incessant need to be 'the best'. They don't want a challenge, they want to go through games with their +99 SPREAD NEEDLE and murder all the rooms in FOREST 1 before you even get through the door. They don't want a challenge, they want to gank you with their resta-hack the minute you set foot on Ragol. They don't want to play, they simply want to intimidate by turning you into a NOL and making you get up and yank your memory card. They want to be the 'best' and the most 'dangerous' and they really do enjoy watching others suffer.

The DBZ characters play into that since any random DBZ episode usually makes it look like at least one character is ultra-powerful. Why would you settle for being a_random_griefer_00 when you can be Gotenks and beat the shit out of your opponents by.. um.. pressing a button on your controller and swiping their item?

There's a certain mentality that gives these people away, the DBZ names and l33t sp33k are simply clues that people use to avoid them because they tend to be warning signs due to the way they fit that mentality. Don't be mad just because you happen to share one of these warning signs and therefore fall under a generalization, but do take the advice that the stigma associated with it is probably not worth the battle.

(If you must use a DBZ name, there are a lot of DBZ character names that frequently get ignored, you might slip under the radar that way...)

Balthor
Nov 25, 2002, 12:00 PM
DBZ names suck, DBZ sucks, HUmars with spikey yellow hair suck. It's a fact, get over it.

Metal_Gear
Nov 25, 2002, 02:06 PM
I think it's true that "DBZ Kids" are scum, for the most part. I'm not going to condemn everyone, but it seems like thieves purposely pick these names to blend in.

Example: my friend once asked me if I wanted to help her with a thieving clan. She HATES DBZ. But the one prerequisite for the clan was that you had to have a DBZ name. Thank god I talked her outta that...

Anyway, sadly, there are mainly thieves and cheats hiding behind those DBZ names. If you're a good person and you have one, I feel bad for ya because you're sure to receive some undeserved hatred.

Elusive_Llama
Nov 25, 2002, 02:31 PM
Thanks Mazarin, I was about to post something to that effect. Yeah, if your name is "l337m@st@d0g" or "SSJTRUNKS" or something equally stupid, you're basically wearing a big pink neon sign around your neck saying 'OMG I'LL STELA UR SHTI AND HAX U ROFLMAO'.

Well, maybe not THAT bad, but names like that evoke a certain reaction from most people. And this goes for ALL online games, whether it's PSO, EQ or whatever (thank goodness the GC version of PSO has no Gameshark and you don't lose your weapon when you die).

Anyways, whether you like the stigma attached to your name or not, it's there to stay so deal with it.

Mag_Launcher
Nov 25, 2002, 02:59 PM
Hell, I woulda taken it too.

1. Is HIS damn fault for dropping it.
2. You people are stingy assholes. Once duping comes back (if ever) then I'll keep to myself.

I just had some level 7 screwhead steal a photon drop that I FOUND during battle. While his cowardly ass was using his shot on ruins enemies, I was kicking ass with a frying pan. Then I get knocked down on my way to it and he snatches it. Then he bragged about it, but guess who didn't get revived when he got killed, hehehe...

The way I'm feeling about rares now, I could strangle you all at the slightest provoking motion.

MajinSSJVegetto
Nov 25, 2002, 03:58 PM
First things first.

Why would you DROP a rare?

The DBZ in America is not DBZ. The company that does the english voices (FUNimation) is run by a group of fools who want to bring it to a younger audence so for more money, and in the process, harming the show.

Any real fan of DBZ is not going to be a kid. If they are a kid, then they probably are what you are talking about, but I find those to be few and far between.

Trying to group anyone who likes DBZ together like this is like me saying you are all a bunch of filthy PKers, simply because I have seen people in PSO PK others.
This method of grouping people together is only used by idiots who need to get stress out or the mentally handicaped. Which do you fall into?

I know and play with some very honest and team spirited DBZ players. One named Gotenks.

In game I am "Police Girl". It is a character from a adult Anime named Hellsing. It is about vampires. Very bloody, lots of mature content, and from this topic I see a lot of immature people, so don't go watch it.
The character is actually named Seras Victoria, but the main vampire calls her Police Girl. I choice this as the characters name so that fans of the show could find me, and any fool who has heard of the characters won't have a clue who I am.

I had a friend who named his character Sephiroth on the DC PSO. He did this long before he had plans to go online. He did it for obvious reasons, which many other people did also.
After playing online he very much regreted the name, because of the low lives like you, and your idiotic reasoning skills.

In short; A name is a name. Judge people by their character you fools. Also, DBZ is great, I am so sorry FUNimation ruined a lot of it for America.

And that was a sorry anti-dbz web page. Take pride in what you do..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MajinSSJVegetto on 2002-11-25 13:50 ]</font>

Zio
Nov 25, 2002, 04:04 PM
bottom line: lets not make stereotypes, and use trade window.

Naer
Nov 25, 2002, 04:21 PM
MajinSSJVegetto, why didn't you just say something like "Hey, I named my PSO character (insert DBZ name here), I'm a nice person and i'd love to show you guys that most people using these names aren't so bad." Instead you choose to fall into the generalization that people using DBZ names are immature jerks.

I'm sure this awesome community would give you a chance if you let them.

Just my 2 meseta.

MajinSSJVegetto
Nov 25, 2002, 04:39 PM
Well, you didn't even read what I typed, so well, don't try to speak to me.

If you had read you would have seen that my PSO character is NOT named after a DBZ char, yet you say it was. At least try and make it seem like you read something before you respond to it, ok?

Deathscythealpha
Nov 25, 2002, 05:03 PM
Wow, what a stupid topic. Alot of you who have replied have shown how ignorant you are by replying with stuff like 'Yeah, DBZ players are scum' and 'the majority of DBZ gamers are hackers/doopers/whatever'. You are stereotyping people because of your blind beliefs.

So someone chooses the name of a character from a show they really like for their character. So what. Do any of the people here have the right to tell them what they can and cant call their characters? A names a name, it doesnt instantly determine your character/personality.

A few of you have been pked or stolen off of by people with a DBZ name, that doesnt mean every DBZ gamer is doing it. Your just instantly characterising a group of people by the action of one or two. People penalised german people after WW2 cause of what happened, alot of them having nothing to do with the war. This is almost the same.

I think people should grow up and forget about the whole DBZ gamers names. It was overbown anyway, i only saw about 6 people in the whole time i played PSO who had DBZ names. Not all DBZ gamers are cheaters, get over it.

Naer
Nov 25, 2002, 05:05 PM
Yes, actually I did and you have further proved my point.

Do you think he will redeem himself folks? I'm all up for giving him a third chance.

It's not like I am making you eat dog crap, just asking you to prove that people with DBZ names aren't what they are all cracked up to be. You may not have named your PSO character SSJWhatever but you did on the forum which could possibly broaden the generalization further.

MajinSSJVegetto
Nov 25, 2002, 05:08 PM
Uh.

You said I named my PSO character a DBZ name.
It is not a DBZ name.

You say it is, and when I say you lied, you yell at me.

You DID lie, and my statement was for the most part correct. I took the liberty of pretending you weren't going to straight up lie, and instead hadn't read my post.

I guess I was beleiving you were decently smart. Guess I won't think that if you reply again.

edit:

To the guy who posted below me, Kenshin is great; I love that sig.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MajinSSJVegetto on 2002-11-25 14:14 ]</font>

Shadow_Blade
Nov 25, 2002, 05:10 PM
On 2002-11-24 20:21, Orlandio wrote:
Thieves and nasty people still do exist.

And you thought they would just vanish? It's still the real world.

Eum
Nov 25, 2002, 05:13 PM
On 2002-11-25 12:58, MajinSSJVegetto wrote:
In game I am "Police Girl". It is a character from a adult Anime named Hellsing. It is about vampires. Very bloody, lots of mature content, and from this topic I see a lot of immature people, so don't go watch it.
The character is actually named Seras Victoria, but the main vampire calls her Police Girl. I choice this as the characters name so that fans of the show could find me, and any fool who has heard of the characters won't have a clue who I am.<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MajinSSJVegetto on 2002-11-25 13:47 ]</font>

Actually, Hellsing isn't as mature as you make it out to be. Sure, it has a decent amount of blood and violence, but that's basically it. The "adult" content you speak of is few and far between, and can be seen in most of the mainstream series of today. Also, the main vampire's name is Alucard. I liked how you brought this in the topic almost as if to brag about your exposure. Yet, you can't remember the main character's name. Amusing.

As for Dragon Ball Z being a rich series in Japan, and horrible over here, I strongly disagree. While the voice acting is better, it surely doesn't make up for the repetitive plot, and flawed animation.

I think it's funny how you are against stereotypes, yet, you say, "Any real fan of DBZ is not going to be a kid." As opposed to what? A fake fan? Don't be ridiculous. I think the problem here is this: you like the series, but you cannot stand the fact that the majority of the fans are younger then you, and are less mature then you claim to be. Therefore, you dish out lame excuses for them, accuse us of being foolish, and basically attempt to muddle the fact that most people who play PSO with names relating to the series aren't the most trustworthy people in the game.

While I can see how frustrating stereotypes can become, there is a reason they exist, and because you ignored that reason, it's really hard to take most of what you just said seriously. This may come off as rude, or conceited (and I apologize if it's offensive), but then again, so did you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vocal on 2002-11-25 14:17 ]</font>

MajinSSJVegetto
Nov 25, 2002, 05:17 PM
Her master is named Arucard you fool, not Alucard.

Where did I say otherwise?

And while the adult content is few and far between, it is there. Did I say it wasn't? No. I said it was THERE, thats it.

"it surely doesn't make up for the repetitive plot, and flawed animation."

Flawed animation? At times, but at other times its argueable the best animation ever.
Overall its far above average.

And while the voices where better in Japan, that is not the main thing that was hurt in the voice overs. FUNimation did not just poorly add voices, but they also change words and edit content to make it seem stupidier and add it corny things and such.

The plot is not that repetitive. If you look at it very largely and in broad terms it is slightly. But every show that spans as many episodes as DBZ is going to be like that.

"Any real fan of DBZ is not going to be a kid."

They aren't. I am not sterotyping, but saying that most kids don't have access to japanese tapes. Its a very simple concept, that is true.
I don't see where the fact that young kids can't get all the japenese tapes and movies and such of DBZ that aren't realesed in america means I am sterotyping.

Its pretty simple, real fans have seen most of the show in its true form. A kid simply can't do that, and therefor can love the show, but not in all aspects.

And anything I said where I said someone was rude or anything, I did after confirming many others said it in this topic, so those accusations can't be made purely at me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MajinSSJVegetto on 2002-11-25 14:27 ]</font>

Eum
Nov 25, 2002, 05:23 PM
Sorry, but Alucard is the actual name. "Arukarudo" (which would be the correct Japanese pronunciation) is what you just presented me with.

Basically, that is how it would be said in the series. The reason for this is because the Japanese language has no "l". If you didn't notice, Alucard is Dracula spelled backwards. Not as original as it seemed, was it?

Oh, and do try to be more unique with your insults. Or did you learn to overuse "fool" from Dragon Ball Z, as well?

MajinSSJVegetto
Nov 25, 2002, 05:31 PM
The name in its basic form may be Alucard, but in this show, it IS SPELLED Arucard.
Plain and simple, they spell it ARUCARD.

"Oh, and do try to be more unique with your insults. Or did you learn to overuse "fool" from Dragon Ball Z, as well?"

I use the word "fool" because it is a simple word that shows how I feel. I am not here to insult people but to show they are incorrect.

And did I not just say I hate the words FUNimation put into DBZ, and that I like it in japanese?

edit:

http://www.hellsingdvd.com/operatives.html

See, it is ARUCARD.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MajinSSJVegetto on 2002-11-25 14:37 ]</font>

Naer
Nov 25, 2002, 05:36 PM
I'm not even provoking and yet the hostile responses from DBZ fanboy keep coming because he fails to prove that he is better than some of the DBZ kids out there.

This post was meant to be just a funny story about someones friend who lost an item to a DBZ kid turned bass ackwards.

Eum
Nov 25, 2002, 05:38 PM
Oh, I suppose I stand corrected on that issue, then. I saw subbed videos, and I was always under the impression that his name was Alucard, as to be a legit Dracula reversed. I hope you can understand my confusion, as Arucard is close to how the name would actually be pronounced.

MajinSSJVegetto
Nov 25, 2002, 05:40 PM
Naer, you didn't provoke me? You specificly made a post pointed at me, where the first word was MY NAME.
In that post you complained about what I said.

I'd like to hear someone say that wasn't provoking.

edit: Vocal, thank you for bringing the backwards dracula part of it to my attention though. That is very odd:)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MajinSSJVegetto on 2002-11-25 14:42 ]</font>

Balthor
Nov 25, 2002, 05:43 PM
Oh my fucking god.

Now we're going into disscussions on how some stupid anime character's name is spelled?

I didn't even bother to read the rest of these mile long speaches on name stereotypes, etc etc.

Go do something productive you guys, like walk a dog, play a game, watch a movie, ride a bike. Or for the anime people, take a shower.

FluxGryphon
Nov 25, 2002, 05:48 PM
ster·e·o·type n.
1. A conventional, formulaic, and oversimplified conception, opinion, or image.
2. One that is regarded as embodying or conforming to a set image or type.
3. Printing. A metal printing plate cast from a matrix molded from a raised printing surface, such as type.

If only dictionaries (even the online ones) could relay social weight to the words it defines.

And to MajinSSJVegetto: my primary beef with your first post here is that it lumps all the respondents of this message into the vague category of "you". Here's a quick example: "...If they are a kid, then they probably are what you are talking about, but I find those to be few and far between." I don't know whether I should take offense or try to speak for myself or not because I'm not sure if I'm even being addressed. All's I'm asking for is some specificity in who you are talking to.

As an additional point (meant not to be taken as hostile, but something to consider), note that by using the above form of address (i.e. "you" to a large group of people) is in effect generalizing, not to mention oversimplifying what some people have said. Isn't that kind of stereotyping who you're arguing against?

Just for thought.

Naer
Nov 25, 2002, 05:49 PM
MajinSSJVegetto, why didn't you just say something like "Hey, I named my PSO character (insert DBZ name here), I'm a nice person and i'd love to show you guys that most people using these names aren't so bad." Instead you choose to fall into the generalization that people using DBZ names are immature jerks.

I'm sure this awesome community would give you a chance if you let them.

That one? It was a suggestion not a provocation.

MajinSSJVegetto
Nov 25, 2002, 05:52 PM
We have concluded that the Name is not a problem.

Arucard is the spelling in this show, Alucard is the names normal form, and how it is done in some subtitled versions of the show.

The matter was informative to both of us.

(on to a random and utterly stupid part of my post)

Unproductive is yelling at people for something you don't even care about just because you find it a dumb topic.

edit;

Naer. You just showed me my point.

Read : "Instead you choose to fall into the generalization that people using DBZ names are immature jerks."

You called me a immature jerk.

How is that a suggestion?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MajinSSJVegetto on 2002-11-25 14:55 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Nov 25, 2002, 05:53 PM
I'm going to say no more flaming. And yeah, alot of people do generalise and put players into certain "ranks" due to their names.

That's how it goes. Ever have an entire lobby assault you because your name is Abdur? Not a fun experience, but it happens. Know what you do about it? You ignore it and you don't let it ruin your experience.

Ignore the ignorant.

This has pretty much turned into a rant, so I'll move it to the appropriate forum.

Also, please stay on topic. o_O

*moves to rants*

Ness
Nov 25, 2002, 07:07 PM
I say it was pretty stupid for your friend to drop a rare out in the blue. Even though the game has been remade to prevent thievery, stupid people will find a way to make bad things happen to themselves. While your frined probably wasn't stupid, he just made a stupid mistake.

FluxGryphon
Nov 25, 2002, 07:16 PM
I was wondering when this thread was going to get moved. DOINK!

Personally, I'm not going to pay any more attention to this thread simply because it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I think I'll go open a thread about "Wackiest and Lamest names ever seen in PSO and other RPGs" instead. At least then it won't be so prone to personal flammation.

DOINK!

haterade
Nov 26, 2002, 10:35 AM
As said before, using DBZ names is asking for ridicule.

BlackRose
Nov 26, 2002, 01:29 PM
Names are a touchy subject. Sure, they're just names, and usually say nothing about the character behind them. But on the other hand, they're the part of you that people see first. When you encounter someone, either in PSO or in reality, their name or appearance is all you've got to make an image of them by, so that's what people do.

MajinSSJVegetto
Nov 26, 2002, 04:58 PM
As you said the first thing people see is your name.

Choicing a name that may not be a great name, but is from something specific that you like, will tell others that fact, and let people who are interested in things you are interested in find you.

neko-chan
Nov 26, 2002, 05:37 PM
On 2002-11-26 13:58, MajinSSJVegetto wrote:
but is from something specific that you like, will tell others that fact, and let people who are interested in things you are interested in find you.

So... let's say, 90% of people playing PSO (me included) would call their chara "Tits" or "Vagina"...

Nah... this won't work... as haterade said:

is asking for ridicule.

MajinSSJVegetto
Nov 26, 2002, 06:34 PM
Lets take the route of individuality then.

Lets say someone names a character "83ke93kf8fjk328"

Thats going to tell people nothing about the person, and get even more riducule.

In short, any name will bring you riducule from certain people. Those people are rarely people you would care about.

Ness
Nov 26, 2002, 10:40 PM
I never have been ridiculed by my name, but many a HUnewarl have come up to me saying that "Ness is that sexy kid form Earthbound" or " Ness is a hottie"

geewj
Nov 26, 2002, 11:25 PM
On 2002-11-24 21:03, Balthor_The_Defiled wrote:
Plus the other guy shoulda realized SSJ names are more overused then Simpsons cliche's, it's not even funny (neither of them are)

I dare you to find another constantly used Professor Frink.

Hmph..

Ness
Nov 27, 2002, 09:53 AM
Another name that I've seen around here lately are Seproth and other FF characters. WHile there not a commom as DBZ characters it make you wonder where all the innovation is.

Maverynthia
Dec 16, 2002, 08:12 AM
It's Alucard. Why, because in Dracula X it's Alucard and it's spelled out the same way in kana and it's supposed to be Dracula backwards... So the whole Arucard and Alucard is pointless... Just like the Aeris Aerith debate. Just because some US company can't really read Japanese or is afraid to get sued by Konami..

Just like the Pal Rappy..it's a PAR Rappy because it looks like a PARrot....bleh... Anyways this whole DBZ thing is pointless... I myself have expierenced inumerable suffrages from people that have DBZ/GT names, wheter chat speak or plain ingnorance. NOT just in PSO mind you..and while it's true that I should be open minded about it lets just say a few bad apples make more bad apples and spoil the lot..
Also I don't like DBZ because of it animation style (I never cared for Akira Toriyama) and it's long drug out plotlines that are the same. "I'm going to get the dragonballs and become a god." "I'm going to stop you." "No you can't I'm soooo powerful" "He's soooo powerful how can I beat him.." REPEAT.

So arguing with people with DBZ names is going to incur their 'flaming' wrath.

I will not play with people who have DBZ names because of the numerous occurance of dipn00bs who lie cheat steal and speak in chat. Call me nameist or what ever but hey, I'm tired of getting FSODed BSODed and VKed and PKed by Gotrunks, Gohan, Vegita345, Gotenks, Gotcheese or whatever...(I have not seen one Bulma however...)
I will also not play with people with stupid names like I EAT BABIES or MR. BATES... Or anyone with a name all in caps..unless they are 'cast and it's a serialized type name...

BTW: Honda's rule! <--if your still reading this

BlackRose
Dec 16, 2002, 12:30 PM
In my experience, the "L" and "R" sounds are close in japanese pronunciation, so they're easily confused.

Example: in my history class, we learned about the "cord wall" instead of the Cold War.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlackRose on 2002-12-16 09:31 ]</font>

IceBlink
Dec 16, 2002, 01:10 PM
On 2002-11-24 21:03, Balthor_The_Defiled wrote:
Plus the other guy shoulda realized SSJ names are more overused then Simpsons cliche's, it's not even funny (neither of them are)

Come to think of it, I've never seen a fat HUmar or RAmar called Homer Simpson on PSO before... O_O

Parn: That movie... XD

00JOE
Dec 18, 2002, 07:34 PM
DBZ sucks. People who use SSJGOTENKSFUSEDWITHVEGGETOOMGSUPERMONKEYMODE, Vejita, Vegeta, all those crappy names are full of crap. And don't play with anyone with a DBZ name, it's an automatic warning that says: GO AWAY, I AM AN @$$.

DIE DRAGONBALL CRAP, DIE.

...A Homer wouldn't be bad...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 00JOE on 2002-12-18 16:35 ]</font>

Robantifast
Dec 22, 2002, 03:20 PM
Parn, I must agree that that flash movie is pathetic. Funny tho. I don't have a problem with you making fun of DBZ, but at least make a good movie if you're gonna do it...

Mazarin: "A HUmar named Goku stole my Pudwaker +5!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ROFL whoa...Heh, that was hilarious.

MajinSSJVegetto: I love Hellsing...yes that's all I wanted to say about that.

"'Any real fan of DBZ is not going to be a kid.'

They aren't. I am not sterotyping, but saying that most kids don't have access to japanese tapes."

Welllll...there is a program called KaZaA, I'm sure you've heard of it, that you can easily get japanese DBZ episodes from, so really all a kid needs is a nice internet connection to watch Japanese DBZ. Just a thought there...

Now for my main point:

I don't see why all of you hate DBZ names. Yes, they are overused. Why do people choose them? To play as a DBZ character. They like it. I played as Id on the DC because he was my favorite character from Xenogears. They like DBZ, so they play as a DBZ character. Liking DBZ doesn't make them dumb any more than someone liking characters from a video game does. People differ. They differ because they are different. The object of an online game is to meet people. Why don't you at least give them a little respect and stop flaming them for their choice of names? I believe that a reason to avoid someone is if they are a thief or detract from the game in some way. Perhaps there are some people with DBZ names that do this. The reason there are so many is because DBZ is popular, so naturally since they are easy to make out of the character designs, a lot of people play them. This means that a lot of them are thieves/bad players. It's simple probability. If they're going to cheat, why don't they do it strictly offline? That's what I do. I've met people with DBZ names that are good players and don't steal. I will not bother trying to prove that simply because I don't remember back to two years ago when I played online any more. Sorry.

And on the topic that this post was about in the first place: great story Orlandio. I found it quite interesting.

lockeboy
Dec 22, 2002, 08:52 PM
Not in the mood to read all the replies .. too many.

Just saying that fellow's link in his sig .. to "DBZ in a Nutshell" .. was hilarious, and all too true..

I hate how DBZ episodes are so dragged out.. the whole series could have been cut in two if everyone didn't just stand there, stare, and talk..

Guile
Dec 28, 2002, 04:42 AM
So is this about hating thieves or peopel with DBZ names?

cuz I'm confused