PDA

View Full Version : PSU: New S rank missions

Aobikari
Dec 15, 2006, 04:12 AM
Well I just logged on and Valley of Carnage and Mizuraki Defence can be played in S lvl difficulty.
Thats 2 down 2 more to go

Ether
Dec 15, 2006, 04:14 AM
Mad Creatures S is up as well

Got a Copernia off my first group of Go Vahra. I think I'm going to like this area

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2006-12-15 01:20 ]</font>

Remedy
Dec 15, 2006, 04:14 AM
Mizuraki Defense, eh?

Meh, 3/4 ain't bad.

Remedy
Dec 15, 2006, 04:16 AM
Really now.

That, however, is surprising. That probably means we either didn't get Holy Ground or Grove... wonder what the fourth is, then.

Well played, you Sega bastards. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Remedy
Dec 15, 2006, 04:22 AM
AHA!

Yes, I know I'm double-posting, but screw you.

The fourth is: Demons Above S!

Aobikari
Dec 15, 2006, 04:24 AM
No way... they actually gave us Omni in S rank?!?

Gazette
Dec 15, 2006, 04:25 AM
On 2006-12-15 01:22, Remedy wrote:
The fourth is: Demons Above S!

OMG just became more annoying D:
Let's see what he drops now though.

Remedy
Dec 15, 2006, 04:26 AM
Yessir, we got Onmagoug S.

excuse me while I go farm for months for Haru/Quick and 10* rod boards http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Zarbolord
Dec 15, 2006, 04:31 AM
10* O_O >.< need to get to lvl 50 >.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarbolord on 2006-12-15 01:31 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
S-rank OHMAHGAWD? Interesting, I'm glad we got a variety of missions, at least one on each planet now.

-Dainslef-
Enjoy your hax lightning =D

Aobikari
Dec 15, 2006, 04:43 AM
Though I agree that its cool and all kinda sad. I was hoping for some other mission in parum so I didnt have to buy a laser cannon and just find it hehe.

Keiko_Seisha
Dec 15, 2006, 04:44 AM
We got 5 new S rank missions, btw.

Parum:
* Mad Creatures

Neudaiz:
* Mizuraki Defense
* Demons Above

Moatoob:
* Valley of Carnage
* Mine Defense

Aobikari
Dec 15, 2006, 04:45 AM
Wow Awesome, thanks for that 5th one. Perhaps now the Launcher can be found. Kinda makes you wonder though, what new S ranks will be on next thrusday.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aobikari on 2006-12-15 01:46 ]</font>

Ras
Dec 15, 2006, 04:55 AM
So I go into Mad Creatures S, kill a few Go Vahra, and one drops a rare board! OMG Vahra Claws? Nope, another nearly worthless [B] Twin Crea Saber. Die you stupid Vahra!

EJ
Dec 15, 2006, 05:03 AM
Is it me or does it seems ST love giving the S rank creatures the hoping ability like those tick thing in relic ;3

Xx3of19xX
Dec 15, 2006, 05:09 AM
So it was really only S rank missions this week? That sucks, I was hoping for at least the next chapter of Episode 2 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 15, 2006, 05:11 AM
God, what is it with you people? First you complain that we don't get weekly updates, then you complain when we do get weekly updates that include more than they have told us they will include.

EJ
Dec 15, 2006, 05:19 AM
I agree why the hell are people complaining about it only be S rank missions?

Would you rather have no update at all, it seems you can't please everyone no matter how much ST wants to or tries.

tfshadow
Dec 15, 2006, 05:19 AM
I think they're gonna save Parum S ranks for last so people can GTFO of Parum and onto the OTHER GAME THAT ISNT ON PARUM.

Rizen
Dec 15, 2006, 05:34 AM
Totally agree..., people seem to complain about everything no matter what SEGA team does. To be honest, they already have done enough to keep people interested in the game from the time of the release to now. Theres enough content in the game that you can explore (no, Im not only refering to missions) that SHOULD keep people busy until the next one. If you only doing one or two missions over and over again, you arent playing the game to its fullest. If you are rushing and complaining there isn't enough, thats your fault as well.

Xx3of19xX
Dec 15, 2006, 05:41 AM
Jeez, no need to bite my head off. Just saying it would have been nice to get another chapter as that would be something everyone could enjoy. As far as I'm concerned, there was no update this week. S rank missions are only for high level players, meaning that about 2/3 of the population are left out.

Kanore
Dec 15, 2006, 06:30 AM
On 2006-12-15 02:41, Xx3of19xX wrote:
Jeez, no need to bite my head off. Just saying it would have been nice to get another chapter as that would be something everyone could enjoy. As far as I'm concerned, there was no update this week. S rank missions are only for high level players, meaning that about 2/3 of the population are left out.

It's something to work for then, isn't it?

Guitarsmasher
Dec 15, 2006, 06:35 AM
like i explained yesterday in a thread, people will make of find a reason to complain, when there is no reason to complain about at all. if something is too good (PSU), people make or find something wrong with it (example: hackers). but, its only natural for people to do this....CEPT ME! IM GODLY! lol,jk

AnamanaAU
Dec 15, 2006, 06:39 AM
5/4 missions is damn good.

PALRAPPYS
Dec 15, 2006, 06:42 AM
I honestly wish that we got S rank De Ragan? Why? Well, the reason is because I really can't get off Parum... if I do, well, I have enough problems doing C ranks on Neudaiz and Moatoob. I can go in a group on De Ragan and be fine even on A. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Neith
Dec 15, 2006, 07:04 AM
Mine Defense sucked badly in C,B,A rank, so maybe it's better in S.

Haven't been on yet, but S-Rank Onma sounds like a good fight http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Vhex
Dec 15, 2006, 08:22 AM
People will always complain, the majority of the PSU community is comprised of hormonally imbalenced teenagers. =P

Mystil
Dec 15, 2006, 08:47 AM
On 2006-12-15 01:31, Zarbolord wrote:
10* O_O >.< need to get to lvl 50 >.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarbolord on 2006-12-15 01:31 ]</font>

Try higher.

Turambar
Dec 15, 2006, 09:07 AM
On 2006-12-15 05:22, Vhex wrote:
People will always complain, the majority of the PSU community is comprised of hormonally imbalenced teenagers. =P

The fact that its a p2p game should raise the average age a bit higher. But at anyrate, people people, this just means that you don't need to spam LLS and FFFS for your PA fragments or 7* and above mats. Now maybe Scapes will stop being so damn rare.

And trust the ones that have played through it, there is more than enough content out for you to take advantage of as a low level if you actually decide to take advantage of ALL of it. If you just solo or go for efficiency runs, thats your problem, and one that ST has no obligation to cater to.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turambar on 2006-12-15 06:08 ]</font>

BigSword
Dec 15, 2006, 09:37 AM
I, for one, am just glad we're now getting regular updates. That means there'll be more stuff to shoot for when I break lvl 50 and WT 1. That, and it'll be easier to get higher ranking drops for synths and meseta.

Neith
Dec 15, 2006, 09:39 AM
I'd rather have small updates weekly than get HUEG ones every year >_>

Oh, and Mad Creatures S isn't that hard, good money drops too. Just watch the Go Vahra leaders. *shudder*

Chill
Dec 15, 2006, 09:57 AM
Yeah, I'm posting from school -_-i dont want to be here... I'm missing all the good update fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Sexy_Raine
Dec 15, 2006, 10:04 AM
I just solo S ranked mad creatures S. Took me 53 minutes to do.(yeah I'm that damn good). It hardly took any pp away, got through it with pretty much 1 rod and 1 wand. Funny thing is I find the S enemies to have less accuracy, I seem to block their attacks more than the A enemies(strange). Sad thing is, I got nothing except a PA fragment for my effort, but that is still worth it..

EDIT: Did it again in 41 minutes this time, butused a scape, but stomped that Go Vahra leader 10 seconds after that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-12-15 08:22 ]</font>

Merumeru
Dec 15, 2006, 10:46 AM
On 2006-12-15 01:44, Keiko_Seisha wrote:
We got 5 new S rank missions, btw.

Parum:
* Mad Creatures

Neudaiz:
* Mizuraki Defense
* Demons Above

Moatoob:
* Valley of Carnage
* Mine Defense

XD awesome cant wait to try some of these out, anything that wont spit out megid at me is A-O-K

caster2
Dec 15, 2006, 10:55 AM
I was just on and there was no Valley of Carnage S... only system defense.

Para
Dec 15, 2006, 10:57 AM
What are you talking about? I just played Valley of Carnage S. These new S ranks are in no way melee friendly...

Ryoki
Dec 15, 2006, 11:28 AM
Hell, I almost have a different complaint about updates coming too fast http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I haven't even got to level 50, wait up!
And I am going to ply Mad Creatures S like hell.

________
Marijuana Joint (http://howtorollajoint.net/)

jarek99
Dec 15, 2006, 11:54 AM
i knew they wouldnt give us s rank sleeping warriors, da ragan or agata relics...

Aobikari
Dec 15, 2006, 08:17 PM
Well that might be coming next week. The official site states that the December 22 update will bring the next chapter on Episode 2 and a S rank missions.

Ronzeru
Dec 15, 2006, 08:19 PM
Most of ya'll can't even get S rank in the current missions without dying a few times, and running out of scapedolls. And you want HARDER ones? Jesus christ.

jarek99
Dec 15, 2006, 09:19 PM
Just did onmagoug S rank twice. Not really that hard, just a killer on the photon bill. We had a level 40ish guy with us who was the only guy who died. Fortunately, he had a scape doll. The money and mission points were nice, but I could get the same if not more from doing ageta relics several times in the same amount of time it took us to complete it. A moon atomizer x board dropped the first run, two 8 star ingredients dropped the 2nd run. Color me unimpressed. At what point does the game stop being so stingy with the rewards?

Ronzeru
Dec 15, 2006, 09:24 PM
Cause then the players'd bitch about the game giving everyone everything, and receiving a rare wouldn't feel like an achievement anymore.

Their called "rares" for a reason -_^.

omegapirate2k
Dec 15, 2006, 09:30 PM
I saw 3 10*+ synth materials drop today (Goldania, Goldanium, and a drop that I don't remember it's name), didn't get ANY of them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

jarek99
Dec 15, 2006, 09:58 PM
Heh, I saw goldonium drop in mad creatures S of all places.

Cause then the players'd bitch about the game giving everyone everything, and receiving a rare wouldn't feel like an achievement anymore.
I understand what you are saying, but I just dont feel like theres as much variety in equipment as there was for PSO. Seriously, everybody has the same crap...the only difference is the type of elemental damage on the weapons. PSO had tons of rares, some were more "rare" than others. Sorry, I just dont get excited over seeing vestaline dropping... I want to see some actual items drop. Shields never drop, guns almost never drop, the only weapons I see drop are the generic ones. I dont expect to see a rare all the time, just occasionally.

Mortalis
Dec 16, 2006, 06:36 AM
On 2006-12-15 18:58, jarek99 wrote:
Heh, I saw goldonium drop in mad creatures S of all places.

I understand what you are saying, but I just dont feel like theres as much variety in equipment as there was for PSO. Seriously, everybody has the same crap...the only difference is the type of elemental damage on the weapons. PSO had tons of rares, some were more "rare" than others. Sorry, I just dont get excited over seeing vestaline dropping... I want to see some actual items drop. Shields never drop, guns almost never drop, the only weapons I see drop are the generic ones. I dont expect to see a rare all the time, just occasionally.

Why does everyone who compares PSU to PSO forget that PSO has been out in some form or another to build on for about 6 years, where as PSU has been out 3 months at most? Of course PSU wont have the variety. Thats common sense. But it's a new game, and a damn good building base.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mortalis on 2006-12-16 03:38 ]</font>

jarek99
Dec 16, 2006, 01:27 PM
Why does everyone who compares PSU to PSO forget that PSO has been out in some form or another to build on for about 6 years, where as PSU has been out 3 months at most? Of course PSU wont have the variety. Thats common sense. But it's a new game, and a damn good building base.

I played PSO on the DC for like 3 months. I had several special items in that in that game. And no, they werent duped. What do you say to that?

Choja
Dec 16, 2006, 01:47 PM
Hahaha, S Rank OMG. Where's your Scape Dolls now?! *evil cackle*
So, now it's time to discuss: The ideal party for S Ranking S-Class Missions. ;D
Some fortefighters here, a fortegunner here, and maybe a fortetecher?

Mystil
Dec 16, 2006, 06:46 PM
DEMON'S ABOVE SPANK.

I mean S.

This mission is haaaaaard. WOW. The two runs I did, I had to excuse myself because my weapons were undergraded. Those Ollaka's run like the T-1000 and hit like buses. Don't get me started on the tengou dudes. 4 of them took like 20 minutes to kill. And Omna himself, well he wasn't that hard.

On 2006-12-15 17:19, Ronzeru wrote:
Most of ya'll can't even get S rank in the current missions without dying a few times, and running out of scapedolls. And you want HARDER ones? Jesus christ.

I want to laugh at this so bad, but I'm so tired atm.

Laranas
Dec 16, 2006, 06:48 PM
By my 3rd Demon's Above S run we only had 1 death and that was because this idiot had to type about how 1337 he was and get hit by lightning. For the other S ranks, there's nothing had about them.. Mizu S gives a ton of rares it seems.

Mortalis
Dec 16, 2006, 10:01 PM
On 2006-12-16 10:27, jarek99 wrote:

I played PSO on the DC for like 3 months. I had several special items in that in that game. And no, they werent duped. What do you say to that?

There are several special items in this game. Tengohg Bow. Del Jagnus. Vahra claws. Just because this game doesn't have, 'OMG COOL RARES', yet doesn't mean those items wont come out. They are slowly but surely emerging. The key word here is 'Patients'.

jarek99
Dec 16, 2006, 10:37 PM
There are several special items in this game. Tengohg Bow. Del Jagnus. Vahra claws. Just because this game doesn't have, 'OMG COOL RARES', yet doesn't mean those items wont come out. They are slowly but surely emerging. The key word here is 'Patients'.

All of those items you listed were finally released yesterday. And monsters don't drop the items. They drop the board. We did over 20 S rank runs and finally got a tengohg bow to drop. My friend had over 80% success rate and failed it twice. Gee, thanks a lot PSU! I've played a ton of online adventure games. PSU has to be the worst at rewarding its players.

Why is 'patients' the key word? I'm not a doctor. I cant cure any patients. Oh, you meant patience? Idiot. I don't lack patience. All the content is already on the disc. All sega has to do is unlock it.

Mortalis
Dec 17, 2006, 09:48 AM
On 2006-12-16 19:37, jarek99 wrote:

All of those items you listed were finally released yesterday. And monsters don't drop the items. They drop the board. We did over 20 S rank runs and finally got a tengohg bow to drop. My friend had over 80% success rate and failed it twice. Gee, thanks a lot PSU! I've played a ton of online adventure games. PSU has to be the worst at rewarding its players.

Why is 'patients' the key word? I'm not a doctor. I cant cure any patients. Oh, you meant patience? Idiot. I don't lack patience. All the content is already on the disc. All sega has to do is unlock it.

Uh Oh! I typoed a word! How stupid can I be!? Woe is me. Yes, I ment patience.

Just because this system isn't the same as every other game, where it drops items off the bat, doesn't make this one any worse. You seem to think that because PSU's system is different, it's wrong. And are you complaining that you did over 20 S runs for a *rare* weapon? You also seem to think, as many others do, that 80% is sure to NEVER fail, even know that there is a 20% chance of failure, which you people never take into account. And seriously, WHO CARES what is on the disk. We know it's on the disk! But there is enough content to keep you busy until the stuff comes out. If you didn't speed through the game that is. Are you mad that World of Warcraft, Everquest, ect. ect. patches their games, instead of giving you everything the game will ever have right from the start? That is all that PSU is doing, and because it's on the PS2, it all needs to be on the disk. They are not laughing at all the customers, and trying to make your life hell. They are simply doing as every other online game does. You want numerous rare drops? Cancel your account for 3 or 4 months and come back. You're sure to see a bunch of them then.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mortalis on 2006-12-17 06:50 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mortalis on 2006-12-17 06:51 ]</font>

jarek99
Dec 17, 2006, 02:06 PM
Yes, I ment patience.
Meant. You meant patience. lol... I'm not usually a grammar nazi, but I just had to point out that you made another mistake while trying to correct the other one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

You seem to think that because PSU's system is different, it's wrong.
No, I am stating that it doesn't do a good job of rewarding its players for their efforts. Oh great, a rare board! Now let me go fail it several times so I can get mad, lose all my meseta from the past 3 days, and think about canceling! Good times!

And are you complaining that you did over 20 S runs for a *rare* weapon?
As I've already stated, we didn't get a weapon. We got a board. I've learned that there's no reason to be excited in this game until you've actually got the finished item in your hands. I'm not really upset about having to do 20 runs to get it. What I am upset about is finally getting the the board we are looking for and then watching all that effort go to waste because the synth failed. Fuck that.

You also seem to think, as many others do, that 80% is sure to NEVER fail, even know that there is a 20% chance of failure, which you people never take into account.
Wrong again. I realize that an 83% success rate also means a 17% failure rate. However, I've done tons of weapon synths to know that math still doesn't work out regardless of how many attempts you make. I've watched people blow every bit of meseta they own just to fail several attempts at a rare item. Oh yeah, that's so fun! *sarcasm*

Are you mad that World of Warcraft, Everquest, ect. ect. patches their games, instead of giving you everything the game will ever have right from the start?
WoW and EQ both launched with more content that you could experience in your first 10 levels than you will EVER experience in PSU. Yes, EQ has been guilty of unlocking content on the disk at a later time, but they also gave you about a million things to do while you wait for it. That's not the case with PSU. EQ and WoW include many new dungeons that were not included on the disc. This is hilarious! You PSU fanboys hate it when someone compares PSU to WoW and EQ, BUT HERE YOU ARE DOING IT YOURSELF! LOL!

And seriously, WHO CARES what is on the disk.
Many customer's care about what's on the disk. They care because they spent $60 on it.

You want numerous rare drops? Cancel your account for 3 or 4 months and come back. You're sure to see a bunch of them then.
4 more months? Lets see, we've already paid for 2...so you're saying customers are expected to pay 6 monthly fees before they can have all the content they paid for? Nice...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jarek99 on 2006-12-17 11:10 ]</font>

Mortalis
Dec 17, 2006, 02:17 PM
Thank you for correcting me again! It really doesn't bother me. I know I'm not the best at typing, so either way! I don't donsider myself a fanboy, and I have no complaints about comparing the updates of one game to another. it's different then comparing the game as a whole. But we wont change each others minds, so lets just leave it at that. I have my opinion, you have yours.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mortalis on 2006-12-17 11:18 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mortalis on 2006-12-17 11:24 ]</font>