PDA

View Full Version : Male Newmans = No Luck For A Long Period of Time

Delinguaniss
Dec 15, 2006, 02:31 PM
Lame, my PM that I designed to make weapons is out of luck, cause he's on my newman character. I haven't had luck all week. And I have been waiting to make my fans, my bulb and my claymauds. If you are one of those unlucky elves like me, what have you been waiting to do with that character?

Kibbles
Dec 15, 2006, 02:32 PM
Luckily I'm raising mine to be a battle PM, but yeah the luck kinda stinks. Not to mention I have a bunch of grinders saved up waiting for my luck to change to grind some weapons =/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kibbles on 2006-12-15 11:34 ]</font>

Maskim
Dec 15, 2006, 02:35 PM
I've been waiting for a luck day to grind my twin sabers, and to find some rare items. I'm waiting for a luck day for these two things, because theseare the only things luck affects! Synth your stuff, it's confirmed that luck does not affect synth.

PALRAPPYS
Dec 15, 2006, 02:43 PM
On 2006-12-15 11:35, Maskim wrote:
I've been waiting for a luck day to grind my twin sabers, and to find some rare items. I'm waiting for a luck day for these two things, because theseare the only things luck affects! Synth your stuff, it's confirmed that luck does not affect synth.

teh w00tyz. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif Says those who "confirmed" it. I've been doing some synthing this past week to experiment with that... major synth fails! I tried synthing my Hajirod on a +2 day for me... and it worked! (was a while ago, btw) So, although those confirmers say that, I would rather believe myself.

Candor
Dec 15, 2006, 02:43 PM
i also have my strk PM on a newman alt, but i don't wait for luck to synth.

Ryoki
Dec 15, 2006, 02:46 PM
I made two A ranks and a bunch of succ. rate 64% room decs and they all worked on a no luck day...

________
Ford Crown Victoria Skyliner Specifications (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Crown_Victoria_Skyliner)

Sychosis
Dec 15, 2006, 02:47 PM
Go to hell Ryoki.

</jealous>

Laranas
Dec 15, 2006, 02:49 PM
Luck doesn't affect synthing...

Delinguaniss
Dec 15, 2006, 02:54 PM
Yall sure about that, cause someone synthed a Sucker for me and got 50% Ice Damage on it on a full luck day. Then he gave me another with 26% Fire Damage, when he wasn't so luck some days after.

Kibbles
Dec 15, 2006, 02:54 PM
Yeah, it doesn't. I made two Vullseyes on a no luck day and they came out fine. On my high luck day i needed 2 more and both failed.... talk about luck.

Delinguaniss
Dec 15, 2006, 02:58 PM
LOL, talk about luck, that means when I finally have the ability to log the f*** in, thanks to my room mate. I'll start synthing three fans of the flavors: Ice, Ground & Dark...
Thanks, and that means, I'll get to try that Bulb too, the last time I attempted to make a Ground Flavored Bulb, I failedd :[...

Chris28
Dec 15, 2006, 03:02 PM
luck only affects the elemental percent on the weapon. it gives you a better chance to get a higher percent. Male newmans have 2 luck tomorrow by the way.

Delinguaniss
Dec 15, 2006, 03:05 PM
2 luck, about freakin time, I'll wait till tomorrow...thanks Sinow...

Maskim
Dec 15, 2006, 03:24 PM
Don't give false information. There's been many postings from the JP PSU perfect bible. Luck effects grinding and enemy drops. You're just as likely to get a 50% on a no luck day as on a 1, 2, or 3 luck day, ie. not very. I've only gotten one 50% synth,since NA release, and it was on a no luck day. I don't synth as much as these weapon shop owners, but I've made every weapon I've used from 2* to 6*. Made my death dancers, and bought my double sabers.

drmcst45
Dec 15, 2006, 09:10 PM
where is this bible you speak of?!

Niered
Dec 15, 2006, 09:59 PM
Like everyone else is saying, luck doesnt effect synths.

Allthough us newman males are getting the shaft with luck. we had +3 the day before the expert classes update, and since then weve gotten nothing.

Maskim
Dec 16, 2006, 12:44 AM
On 2006-12-15 18:10, drmcst45 wrote:
where is this bible you speak of?!

In japan.

-Crokar-
Dec 16, 2006, 12:49 AM
why do you people call it a bible.

Maskim
Dec 16, 2006, 12:53 AM
I dunno, cause that's what we've heard it referred to, and we can't read japanese, so we refer to it as such as well? That's my excuse at least.

Retehi
Dec 16, 2006, 12:54 AM
On 2006-12-15 21:49, -Crokar- wrote:
why do you people call it a bible.

Well, maybe being named the "PSU Perfect Bible" has something to do with it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-Crokar-
Dec 16, 2006, 01:05 AM
is that what it is really called?

DonRoyale
Dec 16, 2006, 01:27 AM
We get 2 luck tomorrow...>>

I'm happy, now I can actually grind stuff out of boredom >>

Agne
Dec 16, 2006, 08:19 AM
wah, wah...WAH!!! male beasts have had like maybe 3 days of lvl 3luck so i don' t wanna hear it. everybody feels they get the short end of the stick... except females... sexist sega lol

rena-ko
Dec 16, 2006, 08:29 AM
On 2006-12-15 22:05, -Crokar- wrote:
is that what it is really called?

yeah, thats the name.
but its actually not that perfect, imho...

Mystil
Dec 16, 2006, 09:26 AM
No race will have 0 luck for as long as human males have.

Maskim
Dec 16, 2006, 02:26 PM
On 2006-12-16 06:26, Mystil wrote:
No race will have 0 luck for as long as human males have.

On behalf of newman males, I accept that challenge! Throw down the chains of luck that bind you, my brothers! Let not the oppressors find victory in giving us our 'luck'! Let us show all who can truly be the unluckiest!!

Oh wait...no no no..that would suck.

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 16, 2006, 03:06 PM
i was always under the impression that any synthing luck was based on your PM which is a Female Cast.

Maskim
Dec 16, 2006, 03:11 PM
On 2006-12-16 12:06, AlphaMinotaux wrote:
i was always under the impression that any synthing luck was based on your PM which is a Female Cast.

That would just make too much sense.

Vhex
Dec 16, 2006, 05:58 PM
On 2006-12-15 11:35, Maskim wrote:

It's the PM's luck not yours. I tend to see high results when I synth on days when Female CASTs have luck. And theres not confirmation that it doesn't.

Delinguaniss
Dec 16, 2006, 06:34 PM
Yeah, I got luck 2 today, but no luck with compadres, everyone that I know is either being money mugglers, and too concerned with their d*** shop to go on killing sprees with me, and I can't keep a group of strangers that would like to ust venture the planets. It's lame, sometimes money is so corruptable. But anyway, if you would like to benefit from me, my shop has rare items that I sell for 10K or less, and you can put them in your shop to sell them for more. I'm just trying to help everyone, but if you want to help me, come and find me and venture the planets with me. I'm so freaking bored...

JC10001
Dec 16, 2006, 06:59 PM
I play a male newman and it has been a long time since I've had some luck that I could actually take advantage of because I play mostly on the weekends. I milked it for all it was worth today. I went through Mad Creatures S about 40 times. My haul was something like 37 PA fragments, 2 Junoalines, 2 Par Walnas and a bunch of other stuff like Par Ebon, Vestaline, and Vulcanine. My party consisted of 3 male newmans and 3 male casts. Stuff was dropping like crazy. I've never seen rares drop like that before. We were getting between 2-3 rares per BLOCK sometimes. None of us wanted to leave. I finally had to go though.

I know its the party leader that determines luck but I can't help but think the other party members might have some impact after today (we all had 2 star luck). Seriously, I've never seen anything like it.

Valon232
Dec 24, 2006, 01:07 PM
Do Newman males, get to wear any type of clothing? (I don't like those dresses they wore in pso)

Xx3of19xX
Dec 25, 2006, 05:11 AM
clothes are completely interchangable between the three humanoid races. Casts are the only ones who are special and have their own stuff.

LunarChaos
Dec 25, 2006, 05:34 PM
Well, 1 luck is better than no luck.

Tear
Dec 25, 2006, 10:13 PM
PSUpedia has Newman Male lined up for LV3 Luck tomorrow. (12/26) Rejoice!

LunarChaos
Dec 26, 2006, 01:13 AM
On 2006-12-25 19:13, Tear wrote:
PSUpedia has Newman Male lined up for LV3 Luck tomorrow. (12/26) Rejoice!

Guess I'm De Ragan tail hunting tomorrow. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kula
Dec 26, 2006, 01:42 AM
lol heh guna be lots of elf boyz leading partys tmw *sigh*

JC10001
Dec 26, 2006, 05:29 PM
I soloed Mizuraki Defense S 6 times and I still haven't gotten a Cometara to drop. Its taking me about 45 minutes per run which isn't too bad. I've done the mission probably 30 times total since it came out and I've only seen it drop once. I'm going to keep trying though. I want my free A rank. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I have gotten a ton of rare materials though.

JAFO22000
Dec 26, 2006, 05:35 PM
I got a Cometara drop on Xmas Eve. From an Olgohman. On Miz. CD. I didn't even know they dropped them. But they did. And I got it. And it's beautiful. And nobody except forces knows the difference between the wands i.e. they all look the same to everyone else. Except me. Cause I got one. And it has a photon nub at the bottom of the handle that changes color as well as the head of the wand.

LOL!

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 26, 2006, 06:00 PM
On 2006-12-26 14:35, JAFO22000 wrote:
I got a Cometara drop on Xmas Eve. From an Olgohman. On Miz. CD. I didn't even know they dropped them. But they did. And I got it. And it's beautiful. And nobody except forces knows the difference between the wands i.e. they all look the same to everyone else. Except me. Cause I got one. And it has a photon nub at the bottom of the handle that changes color as well as the head of the wand.

LOL!

Congrats!~ >.> 7*

JAFO22000
Dec 26, 2006, 06:06 PM
Thanks! The room was set to Random rares, but I jumped all over that when it dropped! I was happy it came to me. I was in a group with a bunch of people who would've given it to me if they had got it, but it would've taken a good five minutes of them asking things like "How much can I sell this for??" or "I'm going to feed this to my PM" and basically busting my balls until they did!

SolomonGrundy
Dec 26, 2006, 08:56 PM
I've got to say, synthing IS affected by luck - but probably not your luck as a few others have surmised. How can I make this jdugement? I would need a large statisitcal sample, right?

Well, I have one. C rank grinders. I have made, literally HUNDREDS of c rank grinders. I have Zero +10 grinder, annoyingly. All bitching aside though, Everytime I get a grinder above +6 it has been on a good female CAST luck day.

run some tests for yourselves.

Diablohead
Dec 26, 2006, 09:03 PM
made my first ever +9 c grinders today, lv3 luck of course...

JC10001
Dec 26, 2006, 09:20 PM
I did 5 more runs. I've gotten a ton of other crap like Vulcaline, Grinder Base S, Citrad, Junaline, [B] Nafri-Senba, etc but the Cometara refuses to drop. Oh well, at least I got a crapload of Kerseline for my shop.

JAFO22000, just out of curiousity. Where were you when the Cometara dropped? Was it in the area where you go through the teleport that takes you to the small island and as soon as you get there 5 Olgohman's shoot ice at you? That's where I got the one I have. I'm curious if there might be a pattern to it dropping or not like there are for some other items.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JC10001 on 2006-12-26 19:21 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Dec 26, 2006, 09:52 PM
Today I got Merculine x1, Berilad x2, Goldania x2, Kersline xTooMany, [B] Shintsuki-zashi, and a crapton of Moon Atomizer X boards. All without even 1* of luck.

God bless the already high drop %'s on S-Rank missions. :3

demekanized
Dec 26, 2006, 10:03 PM
Just thought I would try to grind my twin harrisen fans one more time,used a C+8 and they broke going to 7. Been waiting for awhile for the luck....ugh now I don't feel like playing any right now...

Tahldon
Dec 27, 2006, 09:14 AM
Level 3 Luck yesterday and Level 2 luck today..

Someone has heard our cries!

JC10001
Dec 27, 2006, 12:30 PM
Yeah I saw that we had 2 star luck this morning. Cool. Gonna keep hunting for another free Cometara.

Edit: I got 2 more Cometaras in the same run! One of them was right at the start of the level and the other was on that island I mentioned earlier. Free A rank weapons kick butt.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JC10001 on 2006-12-27 17:51 ]</font>