PDA

View Full Version : The BIG Save for an A Rank

Kibbles
Dec 15, 2006, 02:41 PM
While I'm a level 34 Newman Lvl9 Force at about 46k Meseta. I'm working on saving up the money to get an A rank rod when I finally get to ForteTecher. Anyways on to what I'm getting at.

I have a store on my other character (41 Fortegunner), Trex, and I'm trying to sell a bunch of B rank weapons pretty damn cheap along with other stuff. It would be greatly appreciated if people wouldn't mind at least stoppping by to check it out.

Thanks in advance!

Remedy
Dec 15, 2006, 02:51 PM
Ideally, Kibbles, you may want to hold off on getting A-rank rods and get Tomoirods - the 6* ones - instead. Grinded, they can surpass the 7* rods at +4 and the 8* rods at +10, plus they have cheaper recharge rates.

I'd love to help you synth Tomoirods, PM me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kibbles
Dec 15, 2006, 02:53 PM
Will do, just to bout eat lunch then I'll get back to you. It'd be greatly appreciated http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Laranas
Dec 15, 2006, 02:54 PM
Tomoirods surpass Mayrods at +9/10 and Granarods at +4/5... It took about 20 Tomoirods, but I ended up with 3 +10s and I love the investment. Stick with 6* for now, even if you only go to +5

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Laranas on 2006-12-15 11:55 ]</font>

Ryoki
Dec 15, 2006, 02:55 PM
On 2006-12-15 11:41, Kibbles wrote:
While I'm a level 34 Newman Lvl9 Force at about 46k Meseta. I'm working on saving up the money to get an A rank rod when I finally get to ForteTecher. Anyways on to what I'm getting at.

I have a store on my other character (41 Fortegunner), Trex, and I'm trying to sell a bunch of B rank weapons pretty damn cheap along with other stuff. It would be greatly appreciated if people wouldn't mind at least stoppping by to check it out.

Thanks in advance!

I have a crapload of Force Synth material I never use. If you want some of it, just ask.

But you have to know what you need, of course.

About buying an A rank, it depends on your play style. Do you desire more strength on your technics, or would you like to have one of those cool hook rods? I would buy the A rank, since you don't have to worry about elemental percents like i do...(Gotta synth all my a ranks...=(

So anyways, if you need something, just ask.

Of course, I might be a good idea to buy the 6* ones first, go do some higher level quests, and buy 1 a rank rod, just for looks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-12-15 11:56 ]</font>
________
LIFE SABER (http://vaporizer.org/)

Kibbles
Dec 15, 2006, 02:55 PM
Just curious Laranas, but how much money did 20 Tomoirods and the grinders cost?

Laranas
Dec 15, 2006, 02:58 PM
I didnt keep count, but I made each tomoirod at 20k or less borrowing mats from my guild (or just storing them), and the grinders were a combination of buying them from Antenora's shop (+5 and lower are cheaper than buying the base) and making +10's myself with dumb luck.

After that it was a matter of waiting for a 3 luck day to break them on.

Delinguaniss
Dec 15, 2006, 03:03 PM
Dude if you have a set of Ryo Rayratores one K less than what Yohmei sells, I would freakin buy it, that's all I'm saying.

AeraLure
Dec 15, 2006, 03:56 PM
On 2006-12-15 11:54, Laranas wrote:
Tomoirods surpass Mayrods at +9/10 and Granarods at +4/5... It took about 20 Tomoirods, but I ended up with 3 +10s and I love the investment. Stick with 6* for now, even if you only go to +5

This is indeed my approach, generally speaking, to this entire recent update in terms of A weapon releases. Unless its an instance of a new weapon class we're talking about, Double Saber etc, and you wish to use it now and level that PA, then I think its truly wiser to stay in the 6* weapon range for now. Wait and get A ranks when A grinders can be made.

For a number of reasons: 6* weaponry can easily be ground to surpass 7* A ranks, and can fairly easily come close to matching or surpassing 8* A ranks, with a bit of luck and investment. In my mind, that more or less dashes the purpose of even buying those now. You cannot realistically approach the 9* weaponry stats with a 6* weapon of course, so investing in a 9* weapon now might statistically be good, but they are so terribly overpriced now. Invest in these now only if you are lucky and/or have meseta to burn.

Waiting until A rank grinders are out will probably also have 10* things around, completely outdate 7* things, somewhat outdate 8* things and have 9* things around at a far more reasonable price. Up until that point you can save quite a lot by using 6* weapons ground, since they can surpass 7* weapons and more or less match 8* weapons already.

Just my opinion anyway.

JAFO22000
Dec 15, 2006, 03:58 PM
...but you have to have at least ONE for looks!!!!

Stixx
Dec 15, 2006, 03:59 PM
It's unfortunate that the new weapons only come in A rank.

AeraLure
Dec 15, 2006, 04:05 PM
On 2006-12-15 12:58, JAFO22000 wrote:
...but you have to have at least ONE for looks!!!!

Granted, and I understand that choice 100%. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Just pointing out from a statistical standpoint there really is no need. They're kind of like clothes in that regard - cosmetics right now - until A grinders can be made, and when that happens you can do much better.

I chose some new attire instead and went with 6* things and I am still poor anyway. I'll get a few A ranks of the new class weaponry, but definitely not of the things I could get in 6* versions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-12-15 13:08 ]</font>

Kibbles
Dec 15, 2006, 06:16 PM
thanks for the input, I think I'll go the 6* route for now. Now to just gather the mats.