PDA

View Full Version : So...the next batch of PAs...

Stixx
Dec 15, 2006, 05:07 PM
I was looking at the specs for them and to be honest, none of them look any better than the current ones. Some of them (Spear) are actually worse than the current ones. As a whole, the next PAs don't hit as many enemies as many times as the current ones and they have a smaller attack multiplier...am I missing something?

Randomness
Dec 15, 2006, 05:11 PM
What are they, and when do we get them?

Stixx
Dec 15, 2006, 05:14 PM
I'm at work right now and don't actually have the Japanese fonts installed on this computer. I'll pull it up when I get home and post it. As for when we get them, my guess is two weeks from today.

hucast21
Dec 15, 2006, 05:14 PM
On 2006-12-15 14:11, Randomness wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWMrj_MG1gI

Randomness
Dec 15, 2006, 07:05 PM
On 2006-12-15 14:14, hucast21 wrote:

That just shows a bunch, it doesnt answer my question, I want to know WHICH PAs we get in the next batch.

hucast21
Dec 15, 2006, 07:24 PM
On 2006-12-15 16:05, Randomness wrote:

On 2006-12-15 14:14, hucast21 wrote:

That just shows a bunch, it doesnt answer my question, I want to know WHICH PAs we get in the next batch.

The 2nd PA for each weapon shown in the vid except the double saber. The 3rd PA is Gravity Dance which is the next PA for DBs in the upcoming update(s).

Ryo_Hayasa
Dec 15, 2006, 07:57 PM
I still wanted to know, how will we get these set? will it be through PA frags or no?

etlitch
Dec 15, 2006, 08:00 PM
Some of those are whatever PAs found offline. There's a pair of PAs that you get from exchanging PA frags that are'nt even in the video.

Check the PAs gotten from trading in PA frags list:
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/SapphireLament/UltimateArts.jpg
That video posted is missing:

Splendor crush (twin saber)
Boga Robado (Knucks)
Rensen senshou-ga(twin claw)
Hinshou Jinren-zen(double saber)

The vid that was linked only shows the extra double saber PA where you charge forward spinning.
Shows 1 out of 5 PAs that you get from trading in PA frags- almost nothing, someone should get their facts correct before posting.

The other PAs shown in the video that are'nt available in our PSU seems to be available in jPSU. I'm guessing they they'l simply become buyable from NPCs after a patch. As I wrote, most of the PAs you get by trading in frags are'nt in that video. You can't get them in offline and that video is offline only.

Only one I know of that is'nt shown is the knuckle one, where it punches and then lets one of the knuckles fly around the character.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: etlitch on 2006-12-15 17:17 ]</font>

Laranas
Dec 15, 2006, 08:17 PM
Crossbow: HP=Damage?

etlitch
Dec 15, 2006, 08:18 PM
Atp increases or decreases based on the current HP of your character.

Laranas
Dec 15, 2006, 08:20 PM
So if you're at 100% HP you do 100% dmg and so forth?

etlitch
Dec 15, 2006, 08:26 PM
I dunno, don't play jPSU.

VanHalen
Dec 15, 2006, 08:51 PM
i think the swords ultamate is the one in that trailer that knocks the monster in the air and then your character jumps up after it and slashes it back down not sure of the name

natewifi
Dec 15, 2006, 09:10 PM
omg so your saying that these are all of the PA's in the entire game, there's nothing special like "Divine Punishment" or the slash thing that flies out from the Orotiagito?

Relam
Dec 15, 2006, 09:16 PM
The fist PA: Boga Robado is used by the beast Vol Brother. It's the one where you punch and then the fists fly off and orbit you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Relam on 2006-12-15 18:17 ]</font>

natewifi
Dec 15, 2006, 10:00 PM
wait i also saw a move the best Vol Brother did where he punched really fast infront of him, does anyone know anything about that?

SonicTMP
Dec 15, 2006, 10:09 PM
tornado dance is the ultimate DS PA and costs 99 fragments? wtf.. its a nice skill but its hardly ultimate worthy....

Weak
Dec 15, 2006, 10:48 PM
I'm really not looking forward to idiots tornado dancing all over the place. It just knocks everything around for moderate damage and wastes everyone's time.

And yes, I don't doubt people will spend all 99 fragments on Tornado Dance.

MXdude
Dec 15, 2006, 10:59 PM
On 2006-12-15 17:00, etlitch wrote:
Some of those are whatever PAs found offline. There's a pair of PAs that you get from exchanging PA frags that are'nt even in the video.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: etlitch on 2006-12-15 17:17 ]</font>

*sigh* No berserk :'(

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MXdude on 2006-12-15 20:01 ]</font>

Randomness
Dec 15, 2006, 11:08 PM
Actually, I can't wait for people to start hauling around Boma Maga. Its the return of the frozen shooter! DEATH TO ALL ENEMIES!

The handgun and card bullets look nice too, I might have to grab them after getting my fill of techs...

MXdude
Dec 15, 2006, 11:11 PM
Im only interested in the rifle, cards and handgun bullets, most of the others can be taken care of with buffs.

hucast21
Dec 15, 2006, 11:12 PM

Boga Robado (Knucks)

The vid that was linked only shows the extra double saber PA where you charge forward spinning.
Shows 1 out of 5 PAs that you get from trading in PA frags- almost nothing, someone should get their facts correct before posting.

The other PAs shown in the video that are'nt available in our PSU seems to be available in jPSU. I'm guessing they they'l simply become buyable from NPCs after a patch. As I wrote, most of the PAs you get by trading in frags are'nt in that video. You can't get them in offline and that video is offline only.

Only one I know of that is'nt shown is the knuckle one, where it punches and then lets one of the knuckles fly around the character.

I lol'd. Hey genius, bother to look at the other videos in the link that I posted?

You know it shows more PAs (except the DB).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQMoAawHwmU&mode=related&search=

OMG, what's that?

Could it be:

Boga Robado (Knucks)

???

Survey says, yes. Does it take more than two seconds out of your time to see there is another video right below to the one I linked on the right?

No, I guess taking 5 minutes to write a post telling someone they're wrong is more important.

You're a funny guy.

Look at the link I posted:

Now look to the right that says "Related". What is that I see lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-12-15 20:15 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-12-15 20:20 ]</font>

Alisha
Dec 15, 2006, 11:17 PM
On 2006-12-15 19:48, Weak wrote:
I'm really not looking forward to idiots tornado dancing all over the place. It just knocks everything around for moderate damage and wastes everyone's time.

And yes, I don't doubt people will spend all 99 fragments on Tornado Dance.

moderate? at lvl 11 or some tornado dance jumps to 200% possibly a little higher but rapes pp. it's basically a boss pa.

also hyuga uses spendor crush offline and it's an aoe twin saber pa.

Ronin1of47
Dec 15, 2006, 11:27 PM
any one seen any of the next TECHNICS
i wanna see this Nosdiga serpent thing

hucast21
Dec 15, 2006, 11:29 PM
On 2006-12-15 20:27, Ronin1of47 wrote:

http://www.vsocial.com/video/index.php?d=48893

VelosofLight
Dec 15, 2006, 11:33 PM
I really just want to see Dus Majarra. Do you, like, surf on your spear or something? That's pretty crazy.

Alisha
Dec 15, 2006, 11:35 PM
On 2006-12-15 20:27, Ronin1of47 wrote:

nosudiga doesnt really summon a snake but it does heat seek on the closest target. it looks like a spark traveling across the ground. think streetsharks. XD

Ronin1of47
Dec 15, 2006, 11:42 PM
On 2006-12-15 20:35, Alisha wrote:
think streetsharks. XD

Wow Street Sharks... Haven't thought about that in years

and thanks by the way.
any vid of it or any new Technics

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin1of47 on 2006-12-15 20:43 ]</font>

Prototype_X
Dec 15, 2006, 11:42 PM
On 2006-12-15 20:12, hucast21 wrote:

Boga Robado (Knucks)

I lol'd. Hey genius, bother to look at the other videos in the link that I posted?

OMG, what's that?

Could it be:

Boga Robado (Knucks)

???

Survey says, yes. Does it take more than two seconds out of your time to see there is another video right below to the one I linked on the right?

No, I guess taking 5 minutes to write a post telling someone they're wrong is more important.

You're a funny guy.

Look at the link I posted:

Now look to the right that says "Related". What is that I see lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-12-15 20:15 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-12-15 20:20 ]</font>

Hey douche bag, guess what?! Non of those PA's are the ultimate PA's. Sorry I felt the need for calling you a douche bag because you posted like such a smartass.

Here is a video of the ultimate twin daggers PA if you're interested:
http://67.15.2.5/~libra/m/pa_hzr.wmv
can anyone say yo yo champion?

VelosofLight
Dec 15, 2006, 11:43 PM
Velos want Dus Majarra. ; ;

hucast21
Dec 15, 2006, 11:51 PM
On 2006-12-15 20:42, Prototype_X wrote:

Hey douche bag, guess what?! Non of those PA's are the ultimate PA's. Sorry I felt the need for calling you a douche bag because you posted like such a smartass.

If you read the 1st page of the thread, people were asking for the next batch of PAs (meaning 2nd PAs for weapons).

Did I say the other videos showed Ultimate PAs? No, just the 2nd PAs for weapons.

My argument was there are other videos that showed the 2nd PAs. I wasn't arguing about the ultimates.

Reading comprehension ftl.

Try again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-12-15 20:53 ]</font>

Gryffin
Dec 16, 2006, 12:33 AM
Cant we all get along?

Hmm, I miss Divine Punishment too...But i really think that Grenades need a special where the Grenades need A.) A homing Grenade or B.) a grenade that splits into 3 in midair and lands in either a verticle or a triangular formation. That would make me happier than any cupcake ever has.

CelestialBlade
Dec 16, 2006, 12:56 AM
I'm really looking forward to Dus Robado, looks like I'll be able to combine the speed and range of the Spear with the wide arc of a Sword. Means I won't even have to lug around one of those slow clunky things.

VanHalen
Dec 16, 2006, 12:59 AM
hey swords are fun.......why doesnt anyone believe me

VelosofLight
Dec 16, 2006, 01:00 AM
-points to your signature-

Level 0 =/= Authority on all things PSU.

VanHalen
Dec 16, 2006, 01:01 AM
On 2006-12-15 22:00, VelosofLight wrote:
-points to your signature-

Level 0 =/= Authority on all things PSU.

lol i forgot to change it im lazy

CelestialBlade
Dec 16, 2006, 01:03 AM
I'm sure Swords are very useful to those who master them, and I've seen people use them well. I personally have never been one for slow weaponry, though. Most of the time my playing style involves doing the most damage in a given amount of time, but that's just me.

Prototype_X
Dec 16, 2006, 01:30 AM
On 2006-12-15 20:51, hucast21 wrote:

On 2006-12-15 20:42, Prototype_X wrote:

If you read the 1st page of the thread, people were asking for the next batch of PAs (meaning 2nd PAs for weapons).

Did I say the other videos showed Ultimate PAs? No, just the 2nd PAs for weapons.

My argument was there are other videos that showed the 2nd PAs. I wasn't arguing about the ultimates.

Reading comprehension ftl.

Try again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-12-15 20:53 ]</font>

Oh but you did my friend. Stop trying to be tough and sarcastic on the internet, it only make you look like an utter tool.

OMG, what's that?

Could it be:

Boga Robado (Knucks)

???

Survey says, yes.

Splendor crush and Boga Robado are both ultimate PA's. So according to that quote you are stating that those ultimate PA's are in fact in that video, when they actually arn't, thereby making you wrong and misformed. thank you

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Prototype_X on 2006-12-15 22:34 ]</font>

Zorafim
Dec 16, 2006, 01:34 AM
Wow, alot of inflated egos in this topic.

Prototype_X
Dec 16, 2006, 01:39 AM
it has nothing to do with egos. Etlitch had a valid post about the ultimate PA's missing in that video and was only hoping to inform others about the Ultimate PAs. Hucast21 decided to insult and call Etlich stupid for nothing more than a valid post. So I decided to stick my face in it and defend an innocent man. While also taking the oppertunity of using childish name calling.

Zorafim
Dec 16, 2006, 01:54 AM
Right. Of course.

Anyway, any word on the third dual claw PA actually being useful? Claws really need a buff after what they've gone through. What about that third spear PA that was mentioned that doesn't seem to be on the list, is it any more overpowered than what we have?

Alisha
Dec 16, 2006, 01:58 AM
um the second dual claw pa is useful.

Zorafim
Dec 16, 2006, 02:03 AM
The second dual claw PA? The one that only targets one enemy? I never got it past lv5, since I couldn't get over the fact that it only targets one enemy. Does it become more useful after it gains more combos that don't only target one enemy?

While I'm at it, I may as well post this:
http://67.15.2.5/~libra/m/pa_sk.wmv
I think we can assume that PA is Splendor crush. Looks like I was right about the PCs in this game being ravers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2006-12-15 23:20 ]</font>

Alisha
Dec 16, 2006, 02:22 AM
maybee its just my opinion since i typically use pa's to set up regular attacks. wich is why i tend to like pa's with popup effects.

Zorafim
Dec 16, 2006, 02:28 AM
Ah, see, I use PAs for pure damage. I respect PAs that incapacitate enemies so that they can't attack, but if I cannot completely disembowel whatever I'm poking with my PA, I dislike it.
But please explain why you think that second claw PA is good. I really like the look of claws, and would love a reason to use them (seeing how daggers are beginning to end their usefulness to fortefighters).

Alisha
Dec 16, 2006, 03:21 AM
i like the second claw pa because the second string in the combo has a popup effect. similar to the second part of rising crush.

Relam
Dec 16, 2006, 03:34 AM
Bogga Robado most definitely isn't the one in those PA exhibition videos. The spinning Falcon Punch-esk techinque is called Bogga Zubba. Which is a PA I would love to have once Sega releases those Drill knuckles stateside.

Oh, if you want to play guessing games though. After you're done watching the PA exhibitions, try looking up the vids from e3 or the tokyo game show. I think there might be some footage of some of them there. I know Bogga Robado is in one of them. As soon as I saw the footage of Ethan using the orbing rocket punch technique I realized that's probably Robado. The spinning spear technique is called Dus Robado so Robado probably means something like "orbiting" or "spinning" in PSU terms.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Relam on 2006-12-16 00:40 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Dec 16, 2006, 04:20 AM
The next comments are for the second PA's for the weapons, not the first.

Single Claw = Much better than the first one.
Twin Claws = Evidently better and much stronger.
Axe = Easier to use, and more hits. Personally, I think this is better than the first.
Single Dagger = Not as long as the first one, but might be better. Only three hits though.

Alisha
Dec 16, 2006, 04:45 AM
On 2006-12-16 01:20, RyukiZero wrote:
The next comments are for the second PA's for the weapons, not the first.

Single Claw = Much better than the first one.
Twin Claws = Evidently better and much stronger.
Axe = Easier to use, and more hits. Personally, I think this is better than the first.
Single Dagger = Not as long as the first one, but might be better. Only three hits though.

are you serious? i thought the second single claw pa was utter garbage,its like rising strike except without the rising XD. the second single daggar pa is basically a daggar version of rising strike

etlitch
Dec 16, 2006, 06:23 AM

As I wrote, most of the PAs you get by trading in frags are'nt in that video. You can't get them in offline and that video is offline only.

OMG, what's that?

Could it be:

Boga Robado (Knucks)
1. You did'nt read my post
2. The facts in your new post is'nt correct either because those are'nt Splendor crush (twin saber)
or Boga Robado (Knucks)

Way to go.

Knucks in the vid is Bogga Zubba.
Twin saber PA in the vid is assault crush.

If you read Relam and my posts you'd already know that the knuck PA on the vid is'nt the one you trade in for PA frags.

They said the next set of PAs. I assume they mean the next set, as in the NEW ones - not the ones you could already get in offline/extra mode.

Someone posted this:

On 2006-12-13 19:08, DBZWWE wrote:
Yay.I found the link again.Crappu quality.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_Ic1MUVvwsU
Seems like some old preview video, quality is bad and you only get to see short moment of the PAs.

anyways:
0.16 shows the Dus Majarra
0.57 Boga Robado
1.13 Hishou Jinren-zen
1.17 Rensen Senshou-ga

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: etlitch on 2006-12-16 04:21 ]</font>

Zorafim
Dec 16, 2006, 09:35 AM

I think I'm in love...

etlitch
Dec 16, 2006, 11:15 AM
Jump -> stab like crazy -> land down and swing

looks cool.

hucast21
Dec 16, 2006, 12:15 PM
On 2006-12-16 03:23, etlitch wrote:
1. You did'nt read my post
2. The facts in your new post is'nt correct either because those are'nt Splendor crush (twin saber)
or Boga Robado (Knucks)

Way to go.

Knucks in the vid is Bogga Zubba.
Twin saber PA in the vid is assault crush.

If you read Relam and my posts you'd already know that the knuck PA on the vid is'nt the one you trade in for PA frags.

They said the next set of PAs. I assume they mean the next set, as in the NEW ones - not the ones you could already get in offline/extra mode.

Someone posted this:

On 2006-12-13 19:08, DBZWWE wrote:
Yay.I found the link again.Crappu quality.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_Ic1MUVvwsU
Seems like some old preview video, quality is bad and you only get to see short moment of the PAs.

anyways:
0.57 Boga Robado
1.13 Hishou Jinren-zen
1.17 Rensen Senshou-ga

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: etlitch on 2006-12-16 04:21 ]</font>

OP of this thread:

"I was looking at the specs for them and to be honest, none of them look any better than the current ones. Some of them (Spear) are actually worse than the current ones. As a whole, the next PAs don't hit as many enemies as many times as the current ones and they have a smaller attack multiplier...am I missing something? "

That doesn't sound like they were talking about ultimate PAs. Sounds like the 2nd PA for weapons to me and others.

Look at other comments in this thread. Some people actually like the 2nd PA of Single Claw while others don't. Ultimate PAs are still in the distant future and players want to compare the 2nd PAs to the 1st.

etlitch
Dec 16, 2006, 04:11 PM
On 2006-12-16 09:15, hucast21 wrote:
new post

So, what does that have to do with you posting wrong facts on your earlier post

OMG, what's that?

Could it be:

Boga Robado (Knucks)

???

You're a funny guy.

I'm just pointing out that it's not splendor crush or boga robado in the other video either and you're writing about something different now?

Ryoki
Dec 16, 2006, 05:10 PM
Ahem....
Dear ego-inflated jackasses:
SFTU.
Thank you.

________
Nevada Dispensary (http://nevada.dispensaries.org/)

Zorafim
Dec 16, 2006, 06:30 PM
That's basically a less subtle way of putting what I said in my first post.
Anyway, most of the PAs can be viewed here: http://www.geocities.jp/pusu_jam/
It has the two buyable PAs along with some of the ultimate PAs. It's pretty decent, and you don't have to sit through a bunch of PAs that you don't care about.

Careful
Dec 16, 2006, 06:55 PM
Oh lawd, is that a real hand gun he's using at the start of that video. =P lol it makes a funny noise when you shoot it.

natewifi
Dec 16, 2006, 07:33 PM
I need to know if there will be major PA's like Divine Punishment or something, someone please confirm if there will be.

Warnen
Dec 16, 2006, 07:41 PM
The new Spear one looks good, kinda like the regular twin dagger one.