PDA

View Full Version : So why are Claws getting the "I pwnzorrzz" treatment again?

Ludamec
Dec 15, 2006, 06:42 PM
Ok after hearing all the love single Claws have been getting I went ahead and shelled out 60k for the board. Then got lucky and made me one, I was anxiously hoping that the single claw could possibly replace my fetish for single daggers.....but so far..they are so...meh...I have the PA up to lvl 6 right now...but its so lame ATM, yea it hits 3 times and launches...but it also costs a whopping 20 pp to perform.. I'm grinding really hard to get the PA to lvl 11 so I can see how effective the 2nd part is.

I got the PA to level 11 offline and got to see that you could turn while the claw rotated during the 2nd part, but since offline mode is so freakin easy and Misaki claws are B rank, I'm not sure if I can consider that as a reliable source to gauge how effective claws are...

So I'm asking...does the extension for the PA get that good once it reaches lvl 11? Because so far single Daggers>>>>>Claws. The PA for daggers is only 12 pp and another 12 pp for the 2nd part. Meaning I can do 1500+ damage with only 24...AND I can move while doing both parts of the PA and not just the 2nd part like claws. PP consumption goes up when the PA levels...so am I looking at at least 35 PP per PA(with extension)with claws as opposed to 24 pp with Daggers?...not to mention daggers have a 6pp tick while Claws have 5pp tick...sooo...can someone tell me if this PA is worth leveling up to 11 while taking into consideration my argument for single daggers...? Cuz as it stands, this claw feels like a chore to level up...

Randomness
Dec 15, 2006, 06:44 PM
The extension on the PA is a second vortex thrust, forward, that sends enemies flying back.
The PA itself fires off faster than the dagger one, but I see your point.

CyarVictor
Dec 15, 2006, 07:03 PM
I don't know about leveling the PA to be a chore. For me it leveled up to 7 in one 5hr play(due to school and work). I use both and it depends on situation... actually I just like totting a orange-red claw. I like the looks and PAs more than sheer damage since fortefighters do tons of damage anyway. If you don't like em, trade up for another wep or something. Everyone has their own feelings for certain weapons.

Ri0T
Dec 15, 2006, 07:36 PM
It's all depending on your style of play, really. I used to love single daggers until I started not liking how long the 2-part PA chain was. It was getting to the point in high level areas where I could never pull it off without getting interrupted. The PA still shines for doing nifty acrobatic things while fighting tho, and dealing out incredible damage when all hits do connect.

The single claw PA is short, fast, and effective. I switched and never looked back. In fact, 1H claw is the only 1H weapon I use now.

Ludamec
Dec 15, 2006, 07:39 PM
I do know what you mean riot, I did a couple s rank runs yesterday and found myself getting smacked 2-3 hits before the knockdown kick of the spin..quite annoying...with the claw being faster, I think it may be more effective in S rank missions..with that in mind I think i will lvl the PA afterall

etlitch
Dec 15, 2006, 07:46 PM
People liked how they could instagank everything using the PA on offline/extra mode. Of course the monsters on network mode are'nt as wussy as the ones found on extra/offline.

Delinguaniss
Dec 15, 2006, 07:47 PM
Cause lames are obviously fans of Wolverine, that's why they are so popular. You see, lamess is always aroung...

Careful
Dec 15, 2006, 07:48 PM
Tornado dance ftw

omegapirate2k
Dec 15, 2006, 10:41 PM
It gets alot better at level 11, I did it on story mode and...

On 2006-12-15 16:46, etlitch wrote:
People liked how they could instagank everything using the PA on offline/extra mode. Of course the monsters on network mode are'nt as wussy as the ones found on extra/offline.

...HEY!!!

Alisha
Dec 16, 2006, 12:32 AM
the reason it insta ganks monsters offline is because it has an incredible PA attack % pretty sure its 200% by level 30.

something else you might want to compare is the accuracy % between the two pa's. as a beast female i tend to dislike pa's with low acc%'s. overall from what i've seen so far i think gravity strike will best 1 handed pa.

Zorafim
Dec 16, 2006, 02:12 AM
Meh, call me when there's a PA for claw that doesn't look silly. God forbid I actually slash with a slashing weapon.