PDA

View Full Version : Problems...

Wash
Dec 16, 2006, 11:53 AM
Today I finally played PSU for the first time since about a week ago. I hadn't seen what yesterday's updates had brought so I thought I would check it out (plus my shop was... neglected). However, a couple seconds after logging in and walking around, I hear a terrible, screeching BEEP BEEP sound and then it froze. It happened again at the Sega screen. A couple minutes later I tried once more and was able to play. After doing a run I thought for sure it was just a couple of blow-off happenings, but when I was looking at the people who went to my shop, it happened again (only with a single BEEP this time). Anyone have this problem, or maybe a solution? I heard Sega is having some server problems, but I still don't know if this is true and whether or not it would affect me.

By the way, I'm on a 360 and I was in Universe 17 at first and then Universe 2.

Dumah
Dec 16, 2006, 12:05 PM
mine crashes every time i look at the phone thing that tells you whos been in your room http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Wash
Dec 16, 2006, 12:09 PM
Yeah, that's where mine screwed up (wasn't too clear on that, sorry).

Lit
Dec 16, 2006, 12:14 PM
Spooky xbox heh..
sometimes I can get Black screen in PSU PC for like 2 seconds... so I hope only I get it..

But good luck fixing it /love

McLaughlin
Dec 16, 2006, 12:18 PM
The Recently Visited Shops list is broken; looking at it will freeze you, though mine never beeped when it froze O_o

That was also the only time I've ever froze, so I don't know what to say...

EDIT: I've never had a problem looking at the Visitor's Log, just at the Recently Visited Shops list.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-12-16 09:19 ]</font>

Wash
Dec 16, 2006, 12:28 PM
That's odd. I looked at my Recently Visited Shops list by accident and it didn't do anything, and the Visitors Log messed me up. I guess I just wont go near that from now on...

deedger
Dec 16, 2006, 12:38 PM
i have no problem wth this and i play on the 360, check your discs and make sure your systems are not overheating!

McLaughlin
Dec 16, 2006, 12:42 PM
Clever.

My console is cooler than my Gamecube and my Disc is still they way I bought it.

It's a server glitch, not an overheating problem. Nice pot shot though.

Gamemako
Dec 16, 2006, 12:47 PM
On 2006-12-16 09:42, Zeta wrote:
Clever.

My console is cooler than my Gamecube and my Disc is still they way I bought it.

Hey man, there aren't even any launch units left because of that overheating problem. They've all died by now, hahaha!

But seriously, I have no problem on PSUPC, so it must be a 360-exclusive bug.

omegapirate2k
Dec 16, 2006, 12:48 PM
I will only rarely freeze at visitor log, and I have only once or twice not froze at the recently visited shops.

I very much hope that they fix it.

McLaughlin
Dec 16, 2006, 12:51 PM
On 2006-12-16 09:47, Gamemako wrote:

On 2006-12-16 09:42, Zeta wrote:
Clever.

Hey man, there aren't even any launch units left because of that overheating problem. They've all died by now, hahaha!

But seriously, I have no problem on PSUPC, so it must be a 360-exclusive bug.

Mine's a launch console. Works fine.

Put your hand beside a PS3 booth. THAT's hot.

happy_cricket
Dec 16, 2006, 01:00 PM
How was that a potshot? Teach him to try to be helpful....

FWIW (not much), I freeze everytime I try to do a story mission...

Wash
Dec 16, 2006, 01:02 PM
This has only happened since the update yesterday (for me at least), it never used to freeze at all before then. Could it maybe be mixing with Japanese users?

Dumah
Dec 16, 2006, 01:05 PM
On 2006-12-16 10:02, Wash wrote:
This has only happened since the update yesterday (for me at least), it never used to freeze at all before then. Could it maybe be mixing with Japanese users?

dont think so , mine starting doing it just b4 last weeks update was fine untill about last wednesday/thursday

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dumah on 2006-12-16 10:06 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Dec 16, 2006, 01:06 PM
On 2006-12-16 10:02, Wash wrote:

I don't believe so, because this happened to me and everybody else I talked to about it had it happen to us ever since we played the game.

My guess is that you got lucky http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

McLaughlin
Dec 16, 2006, 01:13 PM
On 2006-12-16 10:00, happy_cricket wrote:

Freezing EVERY time you try to access the same menu has NOTHING to do with the console overheating.

Sychosis
Dec 16, 2006, 01:17 PM
I'll be celebrating my 1 year anniversary with my first, and only, 360 on the 18th. I froze once when playing Oblivion...casting huge spells on masses of enemies is not good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Never froze with PSU...aside from the recent visitor deal, but that's server side.

Wash
Dec 16, 2006, 01:31 PM
Holy crap it happened AGAIN. I was on a different character transferring from one Universe to another and it froze. This is just getting insane now. Back to Gears for me I suppose.

McLaughlin
Dec 16, 2006, 01:32 PM
How many times do you want to hear it?

IT'S A SERVER BUG. IT'LL HAPPEN 99% OF THE TIME. DO NOT USE THAT FUNCTION!

omegapirate2k
Dec 16, 2006, 01:46 PM
He isn't using those functions, though.

And if he is, he's making no attempt to make it clear...

happy_cricket
Dec 16, 2006, 01:49 PM
On 2006-12-16 10:13, Zeta wrote:

On 2006-12-16 10:00, happy_cricket wrote:

Freezing EVERY time you try to access the same menu has NOTHING to do with the console overheating.

Which does not mean anyone took any "potshots" at you. He was just wrong.

McLaughlin
Dec 16, 2006, 02:06 PM
Wise crack = pot shot.

Wise crack = overheating.

Therefor, overheating = potshot.

McLaughlin
Dec 16, 2006, 02:08 PM
On 2006-12-16 10:46, omegapirate2k wrote:
He isn't using those functions, though.

And if he is, he's making no attempt to make it clear...

Likely something wrong with the disc.

Have you checked it like pot shot man suggested?

omegapirate2k
Dec 16, 2006, 02:09 PM
On 2006-12-16 11:06, Zeta wrote:
Wise crack = pot shot.

Wise crack = overheating.

Therefor, overheating = potshot.

AGAIN WITH THE DISCRETE MATH

*has nasty flashbacks*

Wash
Dec 16, 2006, 02:30 PM
I checked my disc, and as I suspected it is as crystal clear as ever. And what function are you speaking of Zeta? I know now not to look at my Recently Visited Rooms/Users (which I haven't), and the freezing is occurring randomly.

McLaughlin
Dec 16, 2006, 02:46 PM
Those were the funtions I was talking about. I'm playing MP2: Echoes and I wasn't reading very carefully.

I don't know what would cause the game to freeze spastically like that. Even though I can view the Visitors Log, if I try to traval via the Log, my game freezes sometimes (rarely do I use it though).

Is it just this game? It may be a problem with you connection to Live.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-12-16 11:49 ]</font>

Aobikari
Dec 16, 2006, 02:46 PM
Odd Im on my xbox360 psu most of the time and i never experienced that proplem. The only time i freeze is when i check the "visted rooms" option.

Wash
Dec 16, 2006, 02:56 PM
Well it's obvious the Visited Rooms option is some kind of a problem with many people, and if it is, then that means my problems aren't (most likely) my disc/Xbox/connection. I'll give it another go soon (I would really like to play...) and see if it works. Hopefully this is all just one big fluke.

EDIT: And no, I seriously doubt my 360 is dying... Only my Oblivion has messed up like this, and it was because I was doing one specific event a couple times over (to see if that was the problem).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wash on 2006-12-16 11:59 ]</font>

Dumah
Dec 16, 2006, 02:56 PM
maybe his xbox is starting to die then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Wash
Dec 16, 2006, 04:37 PM
Well, it seems as though it WAS my 360 all along. Hardware problems... gotta take it apart and/or ship it back.

Sychosis
Dec 16, 2006, 04:41 PM
Bummer. I'd say I know how you feel...but I don't...

Hope you bought a warranty.