PDA

View Full Version : Desperate times Desperate actions?(A SONIC TEAM PLAN?)

Saligun
Dec 16, 2006, 02:58 PM
Does anyone think that sonic team is trying to save PSO buy saying there going to shut it down?The thing that strange is how muuch in advance there telling us what there going to do,if they are no longer making enough money to keep it going then just give us a 30 day warning and be done with it,but they give us 4 mths that sound like a plan to see if they can get enough people back to PSO to keep it going and then delay there shut down plans for awhile.

I know this is the PSU forom but most of you have been long time PSO players so i figured i'de ask you all here.Plus there's been some unhappies with some of PSU and many want to compair it to PSO which makes me think that sonic team see's a chance to bring PSO back to some meaning of life...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saligun on 2006-12-16 12:15 ]</font>

Maskim
Dec 16, 2006, 03:02 PM
No. This s a fairly common occurance for online games that are run by reputable companies. They will usually give 3-6 months notice before shutting down a server. The ones that might do it with a month or less notice, like you speak of, are little fly by nights who can't afford it, and skip out on the bill.

Hell, didn't Everquest give, what, 2 or 3 years notice for the majority of their servers now?

omegapirate2k
Dec 16, 2006, 03:02 PM
They're only shutting down the Dreamcast and Gamecube servers.

And it's a major announcement, which would explain why it was in advance.

Zio
Dec 16, 2006, 03:10 PM
Desperate*

Maskim
Dec 16, 2006, 03:12 PM
On 2006-12-16 12:10, Zio wrote:
Desperate*

Desperate times call for despert spelling.

McLaughlin
Dec 16, 2006, 03:12 PM
On 2006-12-16 11:58, Saligun wrote:
Does anyone think that sonic team is trying to save PSO buy saying there going to shut it down?The thing that strange is how muuch in advance there telling us what there going to do,if they are no longer making enough money to keep it going then just give us a 30 day warning and be done with it,but they give us 4 mths that sound like a plan to see if they can get enough people back to PSO to keep it going and then delay there shut down plans for awhile.

I know this is the PSU forom but most of you have been long time PSO players so i figured i'de ask you all here.Plus there's been some unhappies with some of PSU and many want to compair it to PSO which makes me think that sonic team see's a chance to bring PSO back to some meaning of life...

No.

How the hell is termination of the game's online component saving it? They're telling use in advance because this means the end of PSO, not the ressurection thereof.

Your logic is hurting me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-12-16 12:14 ]</font>

Zio
Dec 16, 2006, 03:13 PM
HAY WUTS GOIN ON IN HERE? LUL

Saligun
Dec 16, 2006, 03:13 PM
Yea i know that PSO(XBOX)hasn't said anything yet but there numbers are dropping in player numbers monthly and you can be sure that they are planning to shut PSO(XBOX) in the near future to focus all there efforts on PSU(360).

In reality they gave up on PSO a year ago when they stop updating the lobby themes.

omegapirate2k
Dec 16, 2006, 03:14 PM
On 2006-12-16 12:13, Zio wrote:
HAY WUTS GOIN ON IN HERE? LUL

lol*

McLaughlin
Dec 16, 2006, 03:15 PM
On 2006-12-16 12:13, Saligun wrote:
Yea i know that PSO(XBOX)hasn't said anything yet but there numbers are dropping in player numbers monthly and you can be sure that they are planning to shut PSO(XBOX) in the near future to focus all there efforts on PSU(360).

In reality they gave up on PSO a year ago when they stop updating the lobby themes.

Except if you actually read the article Microsoft is still supporting the servers. It's up to them when to call it quits.

A2K
Dec 16, 2006, 03:22 PM
Speculative nonsense.