PDA

View Full Version : A request for more respect for your resident hybrid class.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 16, 2006, 10:40 PM
13:02:24 <Party> some dummy
you guys aren't really going to ttempt onma without

13:02:31 <Party> some dummy
a force are you? o.o

13:02:47 <Party> my friend
haha

13:02:50 <Party> my friend
WHY NOT http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

13:03:03 <Party> some dummy
he hurts alot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<some dummy has left the party>

13:06:22 <Party> my friend
lol

13:06:24 <Party> me
you should hav kicked her

13:06:48 <Party> me
really I hate ppl insinuating a force is more

13:06:52 <Party> me
useful than me

Later:

14:03:35 <Public> some other person
sorry guys but I need to go to sleep, see you later

14:03:36 <Party> yet another person
I gotta go, hopefully a Force joins you guys. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

FORCES, PLEASE SUCK MY VIRTUAL COCK.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/guntecher1.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/guntecher2.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-12-16 19:41 ]</font>

Laranas
Dec 16, 2006, 10:44 PM
You have some sort of superiority complex. Each class is good at their own thing. And frankly when I was Fortecher I didn't WANT to heal.. I'd rather be causing damage or chucking space rocks like a lunatic.

If you're so bent on proving techers can support, more power to you. We need more team-oriented players.

Kamiense
Dec 16, 2006, 10:45 PM
On 2006-12-16 19:40, -Shimarisu- wrote:

No, I don't think I will.

Careful
Dec 16, 2006, 10:46 PM
I wish i had that many scape dolls to burn.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 16, 2006, 10:47 PM
I'm just sick of people in game saying my class sucks, not wanting to join/party with me, and that whole general attitude of I WISH WE HAD A FORCE.

Sick of this classs being the least popular on US servers and woefully underrated.

-Shimarisu-
On 2006-12-16 19:46, Careful wrote:

We used *one*.

You must really suck!

mech259_

I agree, I don't see how a guntecher could possibly support a team through an S rank mission. =/ But scape dolls explains it.

Ronin1of47
Dec 16, 2006, 10:49 PM
im confused... do u like forces or not case i dont think id let someone i didnt like "SUCK MY VIRTUAL COCK". just not inteligent
besides forces do serious damage and can heal. i personally am affraid to do Demons S w/o a force type.
(or to cheap not sure which)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin1of47 on 2006-12-16 19:51 ]</font>

Sychosis
Dec 16, 2006, 10:49 PM
On 2006-12-16 19:47, -Shimarisu- wrote:

We used *one*.

You must really suck!

Ok...so how many did you use AFTER you got to Onmagoug?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Kanore
Dec 16, 2006, 10:50 PM
On 2006-12-16 19:47, -Shimarisu- wrote:
I'm just sick of people in game saying my class sucks, not wanting to join/party with me, and that whole general attitude of I WISH WE HAD A FORCE.

Welcome to MMORPGs. In WoW, people were still iffy about joining groups even if they had both a Paladin and a Druid.

'WE NEED A PRIEST'

Of course, luckily, I was a priest.

Yoiyami
Dec 16, 2006, 10:52 PM
I see why Shimarisu is fed up with people like mech. Just be grateful that someone that has the ability to support is willing to do so. It doesn't matter who's better at it stat-wise, what matters is that you have someone that wants to be a team player. So maybe you should follow the example?

-Shimarisu-
Dec 16, 2006, 10:53 PM
On 2006-12-16 19:49, Sychosis wrote:

We used ONE, AT Onma Goug.

I got one hit KOed. I don't mind admitting it, my HP is low.

But it's not half as woefully low as yours. Stat wise I should be able to survive at next level up.

omegapirate2k
Dec 16, 2006, 10:53 PM
Well played, Shim. Well played.

Meh, I could care less what class people are, as long as they get the job done.

And failing getting the job done, atleast we have a hell of a good time in the process.

Sychosis
Dec 16, 2006, 10:54 PM
On 2006-12-16 19:53, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2006-12-16 19:49, Sychosis wrote:

We used ONE, AT Onma Goug.

I got one hit KOed. I don't mind admitting it, my HP is low.

But it's not half as woefully low as yours. Stat wise I should be able to survive at next level up.

No need to be defensive now, see the laughing smiley? That means it was a joke.

lokijam
Dec 16, 2006, 10:55 PM
is this guy serious?? have fun with your quasi heal! lame azz

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lokijam on 2006-12-16 19:55 ]</font>

Careful
Dec 16, 2006, 10:57 PM
Everyone get your pitchforks and torches. We hunting forces and fortetechers.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 16, 2006, 10:58 PM
On 2006-12-16 19:55, lokijam wrote:
is this guy serious?? have fun with your quasi heal! lame azz

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lokijam on 2006-12-16 19:55 ]</font>

Forces=easiest people to fuck with.

Also my "quasi heal" will soon be covering more than half your HP.

O wait, you're a force right? Then it already does.

EJ
Dec 16, 2006, 11:00 PM
On 2006-12-16 19:57, Careful wrote:
Everyone get your pitchforks and torches. We hunting forces and fortetechers.

but some of my friends are forces and fortetechers ;3

I get people thinking I'm a force because I actually support unlike most force I play with *looking at uni1*.

Kanore
Dec 16, 2006, 11:02 PM
On 2006-12-16 19:58, -Shimarisu- wrote:
O wait, you're a force right? Then it already does.

YOU'RE SO TOUGH SHIM I WISH I WAS LIKE YOU OH MAN

No, seriously, you're losing some respect points for your crappy comebacks in this topic, I advise you stop now and get a mod to close this.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 16, 2006, 11:03 PM
But my resta DOES cover over half a force's HP.

lokijam
Dec 16, 2006, 11:04 PM
oh ands what are u a wartecher? so basically your a hunter with gimped out atp, hp's, and tp. Talk to me when u can at least cast shifta to make your worthless character semi-worthless.

KiteWolfwood
Dec 16, 2006, 11:06 PM
I am playing a force right now. I just leech exp while I run around making sure everyone is at full hp at all times.

Careful
Dec 16, 2006, 11:06 PM
She is a melee newman force, god get it right.

Kanore
Dec 16, 2006, 11:08 PM
On 2006-12-16 20:03, -Shimarisu- wrote:

And my Resta covers pretty much everyone's HP 100%. Can I insult people while demanding respect at the same time too?

-Shimarisu-
Dec 16, 2006, 11:08 PM
On 2006-12-16 20:04, lokijam wrote:
oh ands what are u a wartecher? so basically your a hunter with gimped out atp, hp's, and tp. Talk to me when u can at least cast shifta to make your worthless character semi-worthless.

No, I'm a guntecher, but you're equally ignorant as regards wartechers.

Come the update with buffs, parties in most areas are going to favour guntechers and wartechers over fortetechers. Especially wartechers, but certainly guntechers in Demons and Desert area.

Kanore
Dec 16, 2006, 11:09 PM
On 2006-12-16 20:08, -Shimarisu- wrote:

Come the update with buffs, parties in most areas are going to favour guntechers and wartechers over fortetechers. Especially wartechers, but certainly guntechers in Demons and Desert area.

Or, you know, just grab whatever healer they can find with absolutely no regard to what class they are, but only the fact that they have the ability to use support TECHs?

Maybe I'm wrong.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 16, 2006, 11:10 PM
On 2006-12-16 20:08, Kanore wrote:

On 2006-12-16 20:03, -Shimarisu- wrote:

And my Resta covers pretty much everyone's HP 100%. Can I insult people while demanding respect at the same time too?

Yeah, you can keep sitting in Moatoob's bar calling everyone with a human character "gimp."

Fortetechers are the most arrogant players overall. I'm just redressing the balance.

Ether
Dec 16, 2006, 11:11 PM
PSU IS SERIOUS BUSINESS

lokijam
Dec 16, 2006, 11:11 PM
hmm let me see? lvl 30 support techs vs lvl 20 techs, or even worse lvl 10 techs. ya ure prolly right? O.o

Kanore
Dec 16, 2006, 11:14 PM
On 2006-12-16 20:10, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Yeah, you can keep sitting in Moatoob's bar calling everyone with a human character "gimp."

Fortetechers are the most arrogant players overall. I'm just redressing the balance.

First off, whenever I do that, I'm joke roleplaying.

Second, nice generalization there.

lavosmanx
Dec 16, 2006, 11:14 PM
Well their surely not as lame as you are to censor the word ass (azz)... when its not an issue in the forum. Azz isn't even in the dictionary for that definition.

mech259_
Dec 16, 2006, 11:15 PM
On 2006-12-16 20:11, lokijam wrote:
hmm let me see? lvl 30 support techs vs lvl 20 techs, or even worse lvl 10 techs. ya ure prolly right? O.o

Yep, why would you ever want lv10 support techs when you could have lv30? The lv30 ones are so much better. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

lokijam
Dec 16, 2006, 11:15 PM
goood post lavo

-Shimarisu-
Dec 16, 2006, 11:16 PM
On 2006-12-16 20:11, lokijam wrote:

Level 30 support techs buff/debuff for the exact amount as level 10. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif The only thing level effects is duration. And level 10 duration is plenty, 20 is excellent. I don't think many people realise this, but it's going to be funny when the update with these buffs arrives.

Also I can shoot onma out of the sky with HIGH DAMAGE BULLETS. On top of support.

And a wartecher can solo high ranking missions in a small amount of time, for little cost. Those guys are going to be rich come update compared to most forte classes.

McLaughlin
Dec 16, 2006, 11:17 PM
Ours has been walking us through S Rank Mizuraki Defense for 6 or 7 runs now.

Not 1 death.

We also did 4 S Rank Demons Above with him.

1 death, which was because I ran into the middle of like 10 Gohmons >_>

Barta + 20% Gigaline = Bad.

lokijam
Dec 16, 2006, 11:20 PM
duration AND AOE. both of which are just a tiny bit important.

lavosmanx
Dec 16, 2006, 11:21 PM
In the end, hybrids I think can be just as good as the pure versions. They get some nice benefits, even though they don't get lv 30 techs. But that doesn't matter right? Surely you wouldn't let your head be overloaded by your ass because of your stupidity?

-Shimarisu-
Dec 16, 2006, 11:22 PM
On 2006-12-16 20:20, lokijam wrote:
duration AND AOE. both of which are just a tiny bit important.

Area effect isn't important on buffs. I'm telling you that as a level 200 FOmar.

It's important on debuffs, but once again, a guntecher is a mostly CLOSE RANGE ranger.

DonRoyale
Dec 16, 2006, 11:22 PM
On 2006-12-16 19:40, -Shimarisu- wrote:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/guntecher1.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/guntecher2.jpg

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

"What was that now?"

>=D

lokijam
Dec 16, 2006, 11:23 PM
i guess i must be stupid lavo, cuz i cant figure out what the hell u just said.

KiteWolfwood
Dec 16, 2006, 11:24 PM
Lets looks at what Guntecher gets shall we. Level 30 Bullets, 10 Techs, and 10 Skills. Level 30 Bullets gives them something awesome. It is called Level 4 SE with Rifles. Ever see a frozen Stateria? Or maybe a Frozen Tengoh? Or what about a Tengoh that is taking 400ish damage a tick from burn. Since Guntechers are a SE class their atp doesn't mean a thing. They only need enough to do 1 damage and of course have enough ata to hit. Well Guntechers have the second highest Ata. So the SE spamming portion of Guntecher is fine. Now what weapons do they have. Rifles, Twin handguns, and lasers. We could even take off the laser since Rifles and Twin handguns are really the only weapons you will need. Now lets look at something that Fortegunners do not get, something called 10 Tech. This allows them resta and buffs, whenever they are released.

So you think that the distance thing will be a problem with resta? Well what kind of moron in low health will run away from someone trying to heal them. Heck as a force if you want a heal you better get your ass next to me or I will let your sorry ass die. So really that is not a problem at all among people that have half a brain.

So let us recap what we have learned. Guntechers, Fortegunners with Resta.

Kanore
Dec 16, 2006, 11:25 PM
On 2006-12-16 20:21, lavosmanx wrote:
In the end, hybrids I think can be just as good as the pure versions. They get some nice benefits, even though they don't get lv 30 techs. But that doesn't matter right? Surely you wouldn't let your head be overloaded by your ass because of your stupidity?

You know, that raises a good point.

Several hybrids were once thought to be inferior to pures, and sure, Shim, you proved them wrong.

But there's absolutely NO NEED to be a dick about it. What pissed me off is the fact that you're asking for 'respect' yet insulting everyone that points out that you're insulting everyone.

DonRoyale
Dec 16, 2006, 11:29 PM
I agree, hybrids don't get enough respect.

"lol u don't have 30 techs so u suck http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif"

SHUT UP, SERIOUSLY. People need to get with the program and realize that pure classes, while they get better skill levels, aren't worlds better than the hybrids. The sooner people learn that, the better. >>

Turambar
Dec 16, 2006, 11:45 PM
Or what about a Tengoh that is taking 400ish damage a tick from burn.

Just a Note: Tengohs take 1339 damage from a lv4 Burn. Yes, 1339. XD

On topic, one thing people forget is that it dosn't matter you can nuke if you're preoccupied with getting hit for 70% your HP. Wartechers and guntechers have the defense bonus over a fortecher that makes them a better support class. ForteTechers are meant to dish tech damage more than cast support techs.

Off topic, that thread seriously made me laugh when I gazed over at who started the thread.

AC9breaker
Dec 17, 2006, 12:05 AM
I don't understand, isn't a force useless at Onma? I mean wtf, can force target and shoot spells via fps mode like ranger?
If anything, a force is more of liability since their low hp = ktnxbai death by one lightning shot.

Kanore
Dec 17, 2006, 12:13 AM
On 2006-12-16 21:05, AC9breaker wrote:
I don't understand, isn't a force useless at Onma? I mean wtf, can force target and shoot spells via fps mode like ranger?
If anything, a force is more of liability since their low hp = ktnxbai death by one lightning shot.

More like kthxMSTLOL

Zalana
Dec 17, 2006, 12:20 AM
A fortetecher/force is not vital at Onma S. If everyone does what they need to do properly then he should go down fairly quickly without deaths. I'll be honest with you Alteric is a awesome bow for a 6* weapon. Guntechers are able to support a team to a good extent, not that I have ever relied on one in a game since I'm a fortetecher. Their a good backup for me incase I want to deal damage.

Gazette
Dec 17, 2006, 12:21 AM
Fo's worst enemy on Omna S is running across the field to heal someone anyway.
If you're gonna do Omna S, don't expect a healer on your ass 24/7, especially when he pick off Fo's like ants.
People need to be more self-sufficient in those cases.

I don't agree with Shim's whole "OMG MY GUNTECHER > YOU," but a party without any techers at all can still do just fine.

Pandatron
Dec 17, 2006, 12:36 AM
While i don't agree with your attitude towards the sitution i do somewhat agree to the point that you don't necessarily need a fortecher class to do omna runs let alone anyone with the -techer title. The whole purpose of forces right now is to pretty much save people meseta by providing resta and reverser (in short were monomates, dimates, trimates, sol atomizers, antimates, star atomizers all rolled into one). Though don't undermind the force class, we still pump out a good amount of damage and help out with providing burn on Tenhogs when traps and ForteGunners are lacking.

In short, get over yourself your angry at the steriotypical force you can bump into your party in Uni1 (which is filled with majority nubs anywho...just cause you can Omna S doesn't mean your good which i'm sure some can agree). Personally i'm actually glad to hybrid cause i mean it's nice to have 1 fortecher on the team just to be like 'zomg heals' but if you can have heals and pump out damage or status effects for right now that's even better http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. Support your cause hate your generalized attitude to it xD.

Seyren
Dec 17, 2006, 01:00 AM
I don't see why any of this matters. I agree with a point made earlier that one should not demand/request respect for themselves, when they're willing to play the same hand of arrogance used by those they've come to despise. You lose what respect you felt you deserved by ending your post with a remark like that.

I guess I don't do S ranks often enough to get into the meat and potatoes of the retarded drama that has apparently already taken root after not even 2 weeks past the update, but then when even the PSOW community wants to be this anal about a game, who wants to bother?

Personally, you should feel proud that you're rather "unique" as a Guntecher if you get as much bad publicity as you imply. Props to those who walk down the road less traveled.

The way I see it, most everyone is going to play more than one class eventually anyway, so why does any of this matter? Keep on playing and enjoy the game the way you're supposed to. The smart ones will play with you regardless and the idiots will, thankfully, steer clear of you.

and for what it's worth, the Universe 1 community isn't predominately retarded like the first Ship always was on PSO, so I don't know where all those flames keep coming from. Maybe I'm just lucky in the people I end up playing with.

Ceresa
Dec 17, 2006, 01:14 AM
Congratulations, you beat a boss that's pathetically easy to dodge and requires very little healing if you don't play with retards.

Oh and btw, lvl 11 and 21 buffs are superior duration and effect. This is well known by...well everyone that isn't talking out of their ass and actually has them.

I can shoot onma S out of the sky too as a FT, are you hitting 400 bullet dmg yet like me? OMG RESPECT MY VIRTUAL DICK...idiot.

You're a god damn hybrid, learn the definition of that word. You are not better then your master class, and the force side of you might as well not exist if a competent FT is present. Although I do appreciate regene when I'm stunned~

People don't want to play with you...cause you're an egotistical loudmouth. Not because of your class.

Respect is earned, and you've done a pretty poor job of going about it, time and time again.

So again, grats on playing the underdog class in a fucking easy game and passing the benchmark for not sucking ass and getting an S grade.

BloodDragoon
Dec 17, 2006, 01:16 AM
Shim sounds like me on FFXI when I get pissed at overzealous elitist fanboys of certain jobs on FFXI. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

BLM: You guys gotta use (insert light SC made with gimp WS'es) so I can MB Burst II.
Me: So we need to give up about 2000 damage from weapon skills so you can stroke your e-peen?

THF: You need to use Mistral Axe so I can close Light.
Me: So I need to drop over 1000 WS damage in a party with no BLM because you want to set off a light effect thats going to get resisted 80% of the time doing less than 200 damage?

Random Moron: You have to have (Insert NIN, WHM, BRD, or RDM here) in order to level in that area.
Me: Bye~ (boots)

Other random moron: Why'd you invite a PLD? They can't tank for crap!
Me as WAR,DRK,or BLU: That PLD tanks better than I do and I'm doing a better job than that NIN I just booted while outparsing his damage he was bragging so much about.

Actually I suppose this probably fits the exact same issue just on a different game. I've had issues starting S rank missions due to no one wanting to stay unless there was a force or fortetecher in the party even when there was a hybrid class in the game effectively playing their hybrid role.

It's really funny because it does remind me of that short time I played WoW and everyone seemed to think instances weren't winnable without a priest. People need to realize there is an element called strategy and if used properly strategy will compensate for any "supposed" lack of healing. If you are absolutely convinced that no mission can get an S rank on higher difficulties without a force or fortetecher then get off your ass and level one of your own since thats about the only real way you're going to have one on every mission unless you're lucky enough to have a friend follow you everywhere as your own private heal bot. My experience in this game dictates however hybrids can easily fill the healing/status support role of a force while filling the hunter/ranger aspect that comes with the job. I suppose the real issue here is finding the ones that are competent at their job.

Kent
Dec 17, 2006, 01:23 AM
As much as I ... somewhat dislike the attitude, there are few things I can say I disagree with Shimarisu on.

Such as Forces sucking virtual cock. Being a Guntecher, I'm sure Shimarisu was a Force at some point...

...Self-satisfaction?

Sekani
Dec 17, 2006, 01:27 AM
This thread delivers. Way to stir up the masses, Shimarisu.

Nani-chan
Dec 17, 2006, 01:29 AM
I believe, everyone is taking Shim's comments in the wrong context.

He had fun and his party didn't need a force to survive. So stop badgering him about how you think Guntechers are weak or can't replace a force or whatever....

To Shim:
There will be some people who will not party without a force. Just like you want people to accept your point of view, you may want to accept theirs. The point was they left and you had fun right?

Ok everyone calm down and let's get high.

Careful
Dec 17, 2006, 01:29 AM
gtfo ffxi

Solstis
Dec 17, 2006, 02:20 AM
This topic is hilarious.

Hey guys, let's all defeat elitism with elitism!

I mean, Guntechers do kinda suck, and I say this because I couldn't use my Megaline after switching (until I leveled). But, hey, I still like being one.

SonicTMP
Dec 17, 2006, 02:26 AM
gee where have i seen this before. Someone's pissed about the community not treating their hybird class properly....

Turambar
Dec 17, 2006, 02:50 AM
No one in this thread is really being pissed off to any great extent because someone said hybrid classes >/< then non-hybrids from what I've read. Disrespect found in this thread isn't being directed towards a specific class, but rather a specific user (I don't think I need to point fingers). Truth of the matter is this thread isn't going to get the game in general to respect hybrids more. (Who honestly have changed their opinions of gun and wartechers because of this thread?) Not to mention the small percentage of players that PSOW actually makes up in the game, and you get my point. Its kinda pointless to do more than just state your personal opinions on the issue and be done with it. Getting so riled up over opinions you're not going to be able to change with a post...well what can be expected of a thread started by someone who has such love of conflict.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 17, 2006, 03:01 AM
On 2006-12-16 22:14, Ceresa wrote:
Congratulations, you beat a boss that's pathetically easy to dodge and requires very little healing if you don't play with retards.

Oh and btw, lvl 11 and 21 buffs are superior duration and effect. This is well known by...well everyone that isn't talking out of their ass and actually has them.

I can shoot onma S out of the sky too as a FT, are you hitting 400 bullet dmg yet like me? OMG RESPECT MY VIRTUAL DICK...idiot.

You're a god damn hybrid, learn the definition of that word. You are not better then your master class, and the force side of you might as well not exist if a competent FT is present. Although I do appreciate regene when I'm stunned~

People don't want to play with you...cause you're an egotistical loudmouth. Not because of your class.

Respect is earned, and you've done a pretty poor job of going about it, time and time again.

So again, grats on playing the underdog class in a fucking easy game and passing the benchmark for not sucking ass and getting an S grade.

I left JP cause I hated you lot.

Note I said, left JP and I had a wartecher for a week after we got buffs.

If you cal yourself a "master class" and say you are better than hybrids, you=arrogant.

Tell me why Sega would put useless classes in this game again?

edit: I really, really don't like you. Let's burn our bridges right here so I have nothing to go back to k?

Liked Kamica... and maybe one or two others but the majority of you...urgh.

BTW you have fallen victim to my (tongue in cheek) trolling and proven to me once again that the easiest people to get going play forces. Haha you took "suck my virtual dick" as seriously and personally as that?

Jesus.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-12-17 00:14 ]</font>

Mewnie
Dec 17, 2006, 03:10 AM
Anything you can do, I can do better.

I can do anything better than you.

No you can't.

Yes I can.

No you can't.

Yes I can.

mech259_
Dec 17, 2006, 03:15 AM
On 2006-12-17 00:10, Mewnie wrote:
Anything you can do, I can do better.

I can do anything better than you.

No you can't.

Yes I can.

No you can't.

Yes I can.

Change your name. =)

-Shimarisu-
Dec 17, 2006, 03:20 AM
Oh yeah forgot, moved to US with people who DO actually like me, what are the chances of that?

Clue: One of them is trolling this thread.

Mewnie
Dec 17, 2006, 03:25 AM
On 2006-12-17 00:15, mech259_ wrote:

Change your name. =)

no u

Alisha
Dec 17, 2006, 03:37 AM
reading this thread makes me glad i wont have to subject myself to playing with uni1/vega/oberon noobs

Cross
Dec 17, 2006, 04:30 AM
On 2006-12-16 20:16, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Level 30 support techs buff/debuff for the exact amount as level 10. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif The only thing level effects is duration.

Is that actually from the PSU Bible, or just what you've assumed so far? That's not meant to be all confrontational and pissy; I'm curious since the JP wiki says that buffs are 10/15/20% at SE level 1/2/3.
Funnily enough though, debuffs don't seem to have any differences listed at all save the obvious duration and range (neither of which are really important).

Either way, 100% agreement on Guntechers being underrated. Mine is a Cast, so I've got the gimpiest Resta in the game, and I can still carry a party through to Onmagoug S as the only healer, and still have tremendous utility with SEs on the way there, and easily deal my share of the group's damage.
It's beyond me to heal through the actual boss fight at this point, but my best Wand is a 3* Youmei +6 and I have no other +TP gear.

Guntecher is really, really good.

mogshaz
Dec 17, 2006, 04:52 AM
so wait, whiny stuck up fortetechers aren't the center of the universe?! amazing.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 17, 2006, 05:13 AM
The point of this thread was not to rag on fortetechers but to state that it was disrespectful to leave parties without one when a guntecher has been healing your ass all the way to outpost. ESPECIALY as people in this thread are saying onma is easy. Come on.

Let's be honest here, I have not remotely suggsted forces<hybrids, moreso that they are not NEEDED to heal your stupid, restaless ass.

I took the whole buffs get better purely duration wise, ironically off posts made here by japanese players.

And I do believe guntechers are a better support character than forces. Because of the whole status thing, come on.

My damage sucks compared to a force but that, once again is not the point.

And casts make great guntechers. Once again, I played this char (I'm human) for looks ironically, and ended up loving it. I knew I loved ranger on this because of my stint playing ranger to level my fighgunner on JP. It's weird cause I hated rangers on pso.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-12-17 02:15 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Dec 17, 2006, 05:17 AM

Your class does suck. It sucks BAD. Even if you made it without a FO, the fight would have gone much faster and much easier with one. You probably wouldn't have needed to use that scape.

have fun with your quasi heal!

More like Quazimoto heal. GIMPED!

Also my "quasi heal" will soon be covering more than half your HP.

That's nice. It's a shame that a FO or Wartecher could heal pretty much everybody's HP to full in one casting without having to spend too much time positioning.

Yeah, but FO's have crappy HP pools anyhow...

Sick of this classs being the least popular on US servers and woefully underrated.

They're not underated, they're gimped. They're basically just a solo class that you can can possibly mangle into a crippled party member with far more effort than what it's worth. Though if that is you goal, then I guess I can at least see the noble side of trying - considering I took a melee FOnewearl to lvl 200. I doubt you'd find any complaints about the way I played her - even though I will admit she was also very gimped, even if not quite as bad as guntechers. Props for at least trying to make a very easy game slightly more difficult. Noone is going to give you a cookie for it tho.

And by the way, yes I also play a guntecher. A cast guntecher no less.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 17, 2006, 05:29 AM
Sinue, you are horribly, horribly WRONG.

Rangers are for casting status. Their damage on anything but flying enemies is much lower than hunter or force. The point of existing is to make it easier on everybody else.

If you do not play your ranger as support, ie by shooting monsters til status is cast, you're going about it the wrong way. And your party need you to bring flying enemies down. So you should be doing that, too.

Lots of Tengougs on Onma mission. Onma himself is brought down MUCH easier with rangers than forces.

Forces are NOT NEEDED on this mission. Rangers here are gold. You really think it'd be easer with a force? That a force can help me survive a one hit kill?

A well planned guntecher can perform as well as a fighgunner in inflicting status. The ATP loss is not so bad either. The ATA loss is negligible too, I can hit everything in S now, and my palette is well planned to get around it. And the resta and reverser, and future buffs are a CLEAR bonus.

What, exactly is your problem with this class? You and everybody else. What's the deal with thinking that shocking a whole heard of attacking monsters makes for a HARDER game?

I've always welcomed rangers on my parties when I played as hunter or FO. I love to be able to hit stuff that is on the ground, not in the sky. I love pulling off a successful PA because I'm not getting blocked. Because the enemies are incapable of attacking for the short amount of time it'll take me to take them out.

Rangers are woefully, woefully underrated and oddly enough guntecher gets the short end of the stick in terms of respect for the player. I REALLY appreciate people who play rangers and I made one myself to be that much more useful in-game.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 17, 2006, 05:30 AM
Also fuck, guntechers suck ass for solo, that's why I use wartechers too. So even that point was wrong.

mogshaz
Dec 17, 2006, 05:38 AM
On 2006-12-17 02:30, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Also fuck, guntechers suck ass for solo, that's why I use wartechers too. So even that point was wrong.

Agreed, as a Guntecher soloing is like kryptonite to me. and i also like the, 'i am a Guntecher and don't like it so that proves the class is bad' reasoning. could be that your just not very good at it.

UnderscoreX
Dec 17, 2006, 05:44 AM
You either have good taste, popularity or just coincedince, but i've seen so many clones of your character, if that's you.

etlitch
Dec 17, 2006, 06:07 AM
nubs needs to learn how do evade purple lightning.

Fleur-de-Lis
Dec 17, 2006, 06:09 AM
I wouldn't necessarily say that support characters should warrant any more respect, since they are just filling a role like any other...but...

I'm a believer in player skill. That being said, showing respect when it is due to other players would be nice, regardless of class. That is, however, probably too much to ask.

Sinue_v2
Dec 17, 2006, 06:17 AM
Rangers are for casting status.

Yeah... Rangers. Rangers and Fortegunners are intended for that purpose. Guntechers are decent at it as well - but if they're being used as crutch-Fo's to handle HP recovery and debuff then they're not able to cover status effects as efficently because they'll be busy healing the rest of the team part of the time. Expecially when it takes 2-3 castings to fill up a HP bar. If you're in a team of newbs who can't stop getting their faces stomped - then might as well hang up your status effect support. You're going to end up babysitting, and spend twice as long at it.

And even if you're doing close to the same damage a full fledged RA is, you're still not matching him. Not that that is the point.. but still.

Also - I've noticed that Shotguns tend to pull hate from many varieties of enemies. Hate that is immediately taken back one they are "jolted" by another player - but keeping the enemy juggled between targets helps keep that enemy from attacking and causing damage in the first place. Even better if they're affected with ground and CAN'T attack at all. Bow's simply can't attract hate as efficently as shotguns - which is another plus for a more pure-breed RA. Yeah, you can use shotties too - but then, you have to go back to switching out weapons instead of using the off-hand bow & Wand combo.

Forces are NOT NEEDED on this mission. Rangers here are gold.

Yeah... Rangers. Not Guntechers. I never said RANGERS were gimped.

And the resta and reverser, and future buffs are a CLEAR bonus.

All spells which a FO/FT can cast, and cast better. All spells which a Wartecher can cast, and cast better.

What's the deal with thinking that shocking a whole heard of attacking monsters makes for a HARDER game?

Uh... I don't know anyone who thinks that. The problem is, Guntechers don't have a monopoly on BA's - and because they're expected to be more versitile, and with such poor techs, they're not able to give 100% to either area of support the way more specialised classes can.

Also fuck, guntechers suck ass for solo

I dunno, I don't seem to have a problem with it.

and i also like the, 'i am a Guntecher and don't like it so that proves the class is bad' reasoning. could be that your just not very good at it.

Well, that's not my place to say weither I'm good at it or not. Just as with any other class, I do my best. My team-mates can make their own judgements. Reguardless, weither or not I'm bad, or you're good with the class doesn't change the fact that it's gimped as hell. I'm just not so full of shit as to try to delude myself that it isn't. I enjoy playing it, but I'm no goddamned FO replacement - nor am I as capable as a pure-breed RA when you take personal skill (at whatever level you choose to levy me and yourselves at) out of the equasion.

Lit
Dec 17, 2006, 06:27 AM
Mama mia, Forces are super and all other are super even those that dmg dealer/healer.
Some people are just too focused on getting S rank all the time and that makes the game a bit naughty cause now they only want players with 1500+ HP and yadayada... /love