PDA

View Full Version : Is a Gi- spell worth it?

Nestahima
Dec 16, 2006, 10:45 PM
I currently have 14k (the highest amount of money I've had so far, lol) and I'm playing my Force a bit. I'm 3% from level 11 Diga (excited for a bigger boulder of doom), and I was wondering whether or not I should get a Gi spell. Also, if I do, which spell should I get? (I prefer a Wand/Handgun combo currently, level 15)

ProfessorZ
Dec 16, 2006, 10:52 PM
IMO no

Nestahima
Dec 16, 2006, 10:56 PM
I hate it when I get like, 30 or more views but one post. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

omegapirate2k
Dec 16, 2006, 10:57 PM
All I can say is that they go the way of zonde spells: underused.

Sychosis
Dec 16, 2006, 10:58 PM
Well there is a lack of information.

If you are going Fortetecher, go for it. If not, forget about it.

KiteWolfwood
Dec 16, 2006, 11:01 PM
If you use Rods get them for the 4% boost. If you use wands then forget um.

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Dec 16, 2006, 11:03 PM
I dunno, my honest opinion, is that gi spells are VERY useful.
I'm a wartecher right now, and my current most used spell is definitely gidiga.
Whats great about gi spells, is that they can hit seemingly unlimited enemies without having to take time to aim and lineup enemies.
However they do drain pp pretty quick, and they are the weakest school of spells atm, but I still find them valuable. Another trouble with them, is they can put you in considerable danger if you arent careful... You obviously don't want to run into the center of a circle of enemies, just because you can hit them all... That being said, I feel they are a bit more useful for a wartecher than for a fortetecher or guntecher, because they have the most hp and defense to handle putting themselves in danger like that. Plus, it keeps the wartecher in the center of the action, whereas a forte or guntecher might want to stay out of the action with regular or ra class spells.
anyway... thats my 2 cents

Careful
Dec 16, 2006, 11:09 PM
I hear once you level them up they become a little better. I didn't buy them because im to cheap.

Maxurion
Dec 16, 2006, 11:38 PM
Leveling them up increases their area of effect by a LOT.

I'd say get them if you have the meseta to spare, they're good if you get surrounded/ are a close range character.

Also if you solo a lot it's a real good plan to get them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PJ
Dec 16, 2006, 11:40 PM
They're the most fun techs in my opinion. My problem is, they're so expensive, it'd be nice if I could start with them right off the bat like in Extra Mode, and not have to get money while using the crappy simple techs.

UltimateCarl
Dec 16, 2006, 11:42 PM
Ditto on some of the info given already. If you like rods, grab 'em for the element % bonus. Also, they are good for Wartechers: you're going to be in the fray anyway, and you've got the HP, DFP, and EVD to charge straight into a group of six mobs and fire one off a few times.

On a side note, while the Gi-series takes a long time to level up, they increase greatly in range when they do, making them very useful. They also look cool, and the lower damage is really made up by the fact that at higher levels you can reliably hit 4+ enemies.

I'd say go for it, but it shouldn't be the top of your priority list. Buy yourself a better wand/rod and some armor first, but they'll definitely be a good investment down the line for any Force type.

Tra
Dec 16, 2006, 11:48 PM
if it does more damage, yes it's worth it =)
at level 21+ only though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif gi techs under lv21 are worthless, so I have all 4 gi techs 21+ now hehe

KitsuneKing
Dec 16, 2006, 11:49 PM
if it wasnt for gizonde, my group wouldnt be able to do fight for food S efficiently, it's a life saver =) so it's definitly worth it IMO

galaxy
Dec 17, 2006, 03:43 AM
IMO, they are the most useful damage spell for a wartecher. i honestly think once the buffs come out, those will become the most useful spell for wartecher, but at this point, i don't see the point of ra-spells and the base level besides maybe foie or diga on a wartecher. since wartechers are supposed to be battle-mages, up in the fray, a lvl 20 gibarta for example could be extremely useful.

for a fortetecher, i think every spell is useful in situations. find yourself surrounded? lay down a gi-spell. they have a knockback effect, so it'll by you some time to run out. they are great for tagging enemies as well. higher levels means wider AoE which means more enemies hit, which is always nice. for straight up damage though, stick to single target spells.

i would say buy em.

Alisha
Dec 17, 2006, 04:07 AM
when i played force offline gidiga was tied with rafoie for most powerful tech in the game % wise,and i used it a lot as a beast force. dont know how the tech %'s differ online. for all i know gidiga could be the weakest gi tech online but i doubt it since gi diga doesn't have a SE.

Shazbot
Dec 17, 2006, 08:28 AM
Save your money for now. If Diga is the only other spell you have, you could buy a slew of other techs with that wad of cash.

I haven't found Gi-techs to be all that useful so far. In A and S missions they're not fast enough to keep the enemies off me and my Fortecher often takes a beating as a result. Perhaps they're more suited for a Wartecher. I'd recommend a Ra-type tech or the Damu techs if those are available yet. Skip Zonde. There's a reason nobody uses it. Barta may be cheap early on but falls by the wayside as you start to fight faster enemies that will be on top of you before you get off the second cast.

Lit
Dec 17, 2006, 08:32 AM
I love GI spells most of all spells so far, I bought them all.
Save up some money and get them.
Gi spells is what i call "melee techs" cause you dont have to aim or anything as long as a mob is near you you can use it and its area of affect gets HUGEEE after lvl 21. /love

mananas
Dec 17, 2006, 08:32 AM
I'm not sure the price is worth it. 12k and the damage is minimal, unless you're hitting more than 3 enemies then it starts to add up. Not to mention the horrid PP cost! They all look pretty cool though. I would suggest it at later levels when more monsters spawn at a time.

Alisha
Dec 17, 2006, 08:40 AM
if you want to see what a lvl 21+ gi tech looks like hit kajagibari with said element XD

Ambrai
Dec 17, 2006, 08:44 AM
One point that hasn't been made yet is they are great in groups where you are trying to get experience when the mobs die in 5 seconds or less. Since it hits pretty much everything you are golden with a single blind cast vs trying to hit everything one at a time with other spells.

EJ
Dec 17, 2006, 08:45 AM
ok Gidiga is very useful when it hit 11+ but the PP cost is 30 and will deplete your wand/rod pretty fast unless you go fortetecher.

Gifoie is also another good one to use and can cause burn and looks hot imo. The radius is also nice and big. Well i believe it causes burn since that mini boss in neudaiz uses it when hit with a fire element and it always burns me. ;/

Gibarta and Gizonde are ok but I like Gizonde better since it looks like you are summoning lightning to surround you as a shield.

Randomness
Dec 17, 2006, 08:46 AM
If you're at a low level, don't get them because of the expense, rather, get Resta, Reverser, and get reguler and ra-techs in a couple elements.

Alisha
Dec 17, 2006, 08:48 AM
its not as if you have to cast gidiga constantly until a monster/s dies.

EspioKaos
Dec 17, 2006, 09:06 AM
Many valid points (both positive and negative) are made about the gi-TECHNICs here. On the plus side, they can sometimes help you out in a pinch. If you're suddenly swarmed by a group of enemies, a quick cast of gidiga, for example, can sometimes stun and push back the enemies enough for you to slip past and get to a safe distance before you resume your attack. On the flip side, the purpose of the the gi-series is a personal-area attack, so if you plan on using them constantly, you'll always be in harm's way. After purchasing the four currently available gi-TECHNICs and switching to fortetecher (taking a nice chunk out of my character's HP), it became a little difficult to submit myself to the beating required to level up those attacks, especially with how small the radius of attack is at first. Of course, one thing to look forward to by leveling up the gi-TECHs is the increased attack radius. As your area of attack becomes larger, you won't have to submit yourself to as much danger by letting enemies gang right up on you to hit them. A helpful (and probably obvious) tip I can give on leveling up the gi-series is the use of defbarides. Since deband hasn't been released yet, stock up on defbarides and add them to your action palette. This is the first time I've really put them to use, and I can honestly say that they've saved my beast ass quite a few times from death by Vahras.

Out of the gi-TECHNICs that are currently available to us, I've noticed that gidiga and gifoie are the ones I use most often followed up by gibarta and gizonde. (Seems to be following the exact same pattern that the other TECHNICs did as I leveled them.) However, it really seems that gibarta and gizonde are a bit more useful than their base and ra- counterparts. For example, I've had pretty good luck with gibarta freezing oncoming enemies, saving me a few hits from an oncoming attack. Same with gizonde, as it shocks enemies at a decent rate. (The higher rate of status effects is probably coming from the gi-series hitting at most six enemies at a time.) One down side of the shock status, however, is than sometimes enemies affected by it will back off until it fades away, making you have to chase them down to continue your attack.

Kei-Z
Dec 17, 2006, 10:19 AM
Well, coming from a wartecher that uses gi-techs, I think they're definitely worth it. I've seen many a fortetecher trying to get in the middle of the fray and spam gi-techs, and also dying very quickly, but this strategy actually works for the wartecher. I think the gi-techs are definitely better suited for wartechers since they are much built for taking damage than the fortetechers. Even in s-rank missions, wartechers are sturdy enough to stand right in the middle and use the gi-techs repeatedly. It's easy for us wartechers to be in the middle of the action since we are also a melee class. And it's no surprise that you will take a beating while using gi-techs, but I do so on purpose many times because I use a beast wartecher and it also helps my nanoblast build. To me, the gi-techs are far more valuable, at least to a beast wartecher, than the ra-techs are.

Laranas
Dec 17, 2006, 10:22 AM
They're really nice but not a necessity, and at Lv11+ (dunno about 21+) they tend to kill your rod fast even as a Fortecher. Use it for those special mobs that spawn in a nice tight group, otherwise stick with the safer Ra-tech to hit 3 from a distance.