PDA

View Full Version : If you found yourself glitched to someone elses room...

Katrina
Dec 17, 2006, 12:11 AM
I'm curious about ethics in the game. If you 'yourself' were accidentaly glitched into someone elses room, with full access to their room decorations and PM, what would you do, and why?

Candor
Dec 17, 2006, 12:13 AM
i wouldn't touch anything...unless they had a crea double :3

Retehi
Leave them a toilet or 2.

Gazette
Where's the "Fill room with nothing but toilets" option?

Choja
Dec 17, 2006, 12:14 AM
Say, Pixiesugar, isn't there an option to leave immediately and NOT report the bug since Sega/Sonic Team might (NAAAH) already know about it?

Abarai-Renji
Dec 17, 2006, 12:17 AM
i would move the room decor around. let owner think the PM rearranged everything or something.

MorbidLilim
Dec 17, 2006, 12:18 AM
I wouldn't report the bug, as I'm sure they've had hundreds of reports since JP release. Also I'm skeptical about whether this is even a glitch at all. Can ANYONE actually attest to glitching into someone's room? So far I haven't seen anyone say they've had this experience, just people reporting stolen items/bombed PMs.

It seems like it's being done intentionally and maliciously, rather than as a crime of opportunity. I'm sure all it takes is a kid with a script entering your shop, changing some info, and presto. Without going into too many details, from what I've seen, it seems entirely possible for someone to do this.

AeraLure
Dec 17, 2006, 12:21 AM
I would leave immediately and report the bug. No point for me to look around as I wouldnt want to even go so far as to rearrange anything. I'd report the bug since even though SEGA may know of it and get reports about it, I'd want to bug them and let them know that it happened again and they need to address so basic an issue. Common sense to most companies, and maybe common sense to SEGA, but sometimes they sure dont act on things nor seem like they are on top of them.

I have to admit a rather playful urge to rename their PM something creative, and I would be tempted, but honestly, I wouldnt want to leave a trace that someone glitched into their room and have them freak out - especially if they had no idea it was just an innocent glitch. I would be oh so tempted though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-12-16 21:38 ]</font>

Choja
Dec 17, 2006, 12:21 AM
On 2006-12-16 21:18, MorbidLilim wrote: Can ANYONE actually attest to glitching into someone's room? So far I haven't seen anyone say they've had this experience, just people reporting stolen items/bombed PMs.
I think the glitch doesn't work if you're logged on, or something. I've read means my sight is broken.

EDIT: Whoa, holy crap, my sight IS broken.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Choja on 2006-12-16 21:21 ]</font>

Maskim
Dec 17, 2006, 12:30 AM
It would really depend on who's room it was. Unfortunatly, that's not an option in your poll. I know it's not what I'm supposed to say, but there's a few people around whom if I found myself in their room, with free reign, I'd clean them out. Everyone who's even remotely cool (ie, not a complete jackass) would get left alone, completely.

Kaloa
Dec 17, 2006, 12:52 AM
I probably wouldn't bother to report the issue, but I would leave right away. I wouldn't do to somebody else something that I know would upset me.

DoubleJG
Dec 17, 2006, 12:53 AM
I'm nosey, what can I say http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I would take a gander at the PM's battle level and probably leave right after. No theft involved whatsoever because that's just dumb.

Abarai-Renji
Dec 17, 2006, 12:55 AM
even if i felt someone deserved someone stolen, i wouldn't do it. but still a little mind game is always fun to leave behind.

silvanas
Dec 17, 2006, 01:11 AM
if it was say broomophs... that hacker i cant remember how to spell... well i dont think im responceble for my actions id be actiong on behalf of the community, if it was some annoying guy... id mess with some stuff maby steal a single photon and replace it with an im-photon or something just to mess with his head maby rearange some decorations, and if it was a total stranger nothing or someone cool same thing.

And then i would report it, just to say to sega fix the bug damnit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: silvanas on 2006-12-16 22:12 ]</font>

Skuda
Dec 17, 2006, 01:23 AM
did you just puke out english? O_o

anyway.. yeah, I'd probably check things out and leave. What's the harm?

BloodDragoon
Dec 17, 2006, 01:24 AM
Where's the hide all their decorations in their storage and fill their room with toilets option? >.>

Kent
Dec 17, 2006, 01:26 AM
It would really depend on whose room it was.

...Except that I've no overbearing grudges against anyone I know on PSU yet, nor do I know anyone who just has karma waiting to smite them - therefore, I would leave immediately and report the bug.

Silenced
Dec 17, 2006, 02:35 AM
On 2006-12-16 21:18, MorbidLilim wrote:
I wouldn't report the bug, as I'm sure they've had hundreds of reports since JP release. Also I'm skeptical about whether this is even a glitch at all. Can ANYONE actually attest to glitching into someone's room? So far I haven't seen anyone say they've had this experience, just people reporting stolen items/bombed PMs.

It seems like it's being done intentionally and maliciously, rather than as a crime of opportunity. I'm sure all it takes is a kid with a script entering your shop, changing some info, and presto. Without going into too many details, from what I've seen, it seems entirely possible for someone to do this.

I think there are some vids on youtube where people go into other people's rooms and put up toilets. Not sure how that was done, but it seemed to have been done twice by the same person so maybe it is intentional.

Personally, I'd probably leave some clear evidence I was there and then leave and report. I think if someone was in my room, and just left, and left some sort of note he / she was there, it'd probably make me feel a bit more confident about PSU-ers in general. I wouldn't mind getting pranked either though, so... maybe it's just me.

MaKaVeLi_X
Dec 17, 2006, 02:46 AM
well there is no such glitch only hacks.

Maxurion
Dec 17, 2006, 02:58 AM
I'd look around for a bit then leave.

I have a strong sense of "fair play", so I despise those that cheat and hack and such to gain what should take hours of gameplay/ insane luck to get.

Shaidar
Dec 17, 2006, 03:29 AM
I'd leave at once. I fail to see any reason in stealing shit. I'm not playing this game just to get rich or ruin for others.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shaidar on 2006-12-17 00:32 ]</font>

Fleur-de-Lis
Dec 17, 2006, 03:34 AM
Leave immediately is right.

AnamanaAU
Dec 17, 2006, 03:38 AM
Troll topic.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 17, 2006, 04:12 AM
It depends who they were really, if it was a known cheat I would take all their stuff, make game, drop it and leave.

As in, confirmed duper with stacked dupes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-12-17 02:01 ]</font>

etlitch
Dec 17, 2006, 06:05 AM
I hav a feeling, zat zere's mite be an egzploit zat lets you take 'ere room.

Mystil
Dec 17, 2006, 12:15 PM
If they have a shop with stuff I want I'm buying from it and I will leave my money in thier common box. Serisouly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2006-12-17 09:15 ]</font>

Ronzeru
Dec 17, 2006, 12:23 PM
....lol

-Dainslef-
Dec 17, 2006, 01:25 PM
If I found myself glitched to someone elses room...

I would LOWER THEIR SHOP PRICES TO BE BELOW NPC PRICES. STOP SELLING EBON FOR 5K AND VESTALINE FOR 8K PEOPLE!!!!!@#*!@)#!()!

Ronzeru
Dec 17, 2006, 01:26 PM
Hey, that's a good idea. Lower their prices to reasonable prices... then buy'em.

FenixStryk
Dec 17, 2006, 01:46 PM
Me? I'd lower the prices, change the PM name, and rearrange the room decor. Pretty much do everything that didn't cross the line.

Vhex
Dec 17, 2006, 02:25 PM
I'd leave them presents, and re-name the PM Santa Claus. Than I would proceed to horde all their Vestaline.

FenixStryk
Dec 17, 2006, 02:28 PM
On 2006-12-17 11:25, Vhex wrote:
I'd leave them presents, and re-name the PM Santa Claus. Then I would proceed to horde all their Vestaline.Pfft--ha ha ha! I love the bluntness of that post. I myself don't know if I'd be able to resist taking the Kerseline they had... I need 27 more. =3

KojiroAK
Dec 17, 2006, 02:57 PM
To this who said, they would lower the prices:

That would be a thing like stealing Meseta.
(not gained income)
specially if you would buy the item at your own.

And also to this guys who says the would steal items at "bad" boys.

The fact you do it at some guy, that you think is a bad one, wouldn't make the doing better.

To steal from a thief is still stealing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KojiroAK on 2006-12-17 11:59 ]</font>

Wheatpenny
Dec 17, 2006, 03:04 PM
On 2006-12-17 11:57, KojiroAK wrote:
To this who said, they would lower the prices:

That would be a thing like stealing Meseta.
(not gained income)
specially if you would buy the item at your own.

And also to this guys who says the would steal items at "bad" boys.

The fact you do it at some guy, that you think is a bad one, wouldn't make the doing better.

To steal from a thief is still stealing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KojiroAK on 2006-12-17 11:59 ]</font>

Stealing from a theif is still stealing,But how about taking all of their deco then placing them in that person's storage,Then replaceing all of their statues with the Vanda pron statue. is that ok?

omegapirate2k
Dec 17, 2006, 03:08 PM
I'd change the PM's name to: "Your lucky!"

And then give them one of maya's homemade cakes. i'd also see what they had incase I wanted to come back to their shop.

WrathOfMegid
Dec 17, 2006, 03:19 PM
I'm a generous man. I would deposit all the money I have on me in his/her PM and any recent and unneeded item finds(no relic's edges though) and then report the bug, just to make his/her life a little easier and Sega's a little noisier:)

Kyuri
Dec 17, 2006, 03:33 PM
On 2006-12-17 12:08, omegapirate2k wrote:

And then give them one of maya's homemade cakes. i'd

Maya cakes XD, I would just check his/her stuff and rename the PM to : " I was here"

KojiroAK
Dec 17, 2006, 03:40 PM
On 2006-12-17 12:04, Wheatpenny wrote:

Stealing from a theif is still stealing,But how about taking all of their deco then placing them in that person's storage,Then replaceing all of their statues with the Vanda pron statue. is that ok?

As long as they don't lose anything i wouldn't see a problem with it.

At least it would be more a innocent trick then a harmful doing.

(What makes the difference)

The point is more i dislike it, if people doing something they know is wrong but in the next they search for things to excuse it, if they do it by them self.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KojiroAK on 2006-12-17 12:42 ]</font>

Randomness
Dec 17, 2006, 03:42 PM
On 2006-12-17 12:40, KojiroAK wrote:

On 2006-12-17 12:04, Wheatpenny wrote:

As long as they don't lose anything i wouldn't see a problem with it.

At least it would be more a innocent trick then a harmful doing.

(What makes the difference)

Well, it would be similar to filling all the empty spots with toilets...

But since you'd be taking stuff down, they'd probably think it was stolen and overreact.

Wheatpenny
Dec 17, 2006, 03:47 PM
Naw I would leave it in there. I have enought Vanda Derma saved up to make them all and do it.

Mystil
Dec 17, 2006, 06:18 PM
On 2006-12-17 09:23, Ronzeru wrote:
....lol

I know it's strange. I could simply just take the items, but. I'm weird. :]

Mouseklip
Dec 17, 2006, 06:28 PM
I would take everything not nailed down, and once that was all gone i would get a crowbar and take everything that was nailed down. Then before I left i would reset their pm

Yoruichi
Dec 17, 2006, 06:42 PM
Wheres the option to nab every piece of clothing like a clearance sale and run for the hills? They can keep the S rankedweapons, money, decorations. If they have high star clothing its MINE!

isahn80
Dec 17, 2006, 07:18 PM
On 2006-12-16 21:13, Gazette wrote:

HOLY SHIT! That actually happened to me. I came to my room one day and all of my empty room deco spaces were filled with toilets, and I've never purchased a single one. I thought it was some kind of glitch in the game that set those there. Now I know somebody ended up there somehow...

I found it hysterical, but fortunately I wasn't fucked with more than that.

BloodDragoon
Dec 17, 2006, 07:28 PM
Supposedly anyone can place decorations in any room if the tile is empty. Except only the room owner can remove them once they're placed.

Spacepest
Dec 17, 2006, 07:39 PM
On 2006-12-17 16:18, isahn80 wrote:

On 2006-12-16 21:13, Gazette wrote:

HOLY SHIT! That actually happened to me. I came to my room one day and all of my empty room deco spaces were filled with toilets, and I've never purchased a single one. I thought it was some kind of glitch in the game that set those there. Now I know somebody ended up there somehow...

I found it hysterical, but fortunately I wasn't fucked with more than that.

Was your room locked? Because if it isn't, or if your friends who have your card know your password, or someone uses your shop, they can come into your room and leave items in the empty decoration spaces. However, they shouldn't be able to remove any of your decorations unless their is some kind of glitch or hack involved.

Oh yeah, I do this on occasion. I go to friend's rooms and drop extra decorations in their empty slots (mainly toilets), especially on thier newbie characters. Then I either email or post them a pic of it somewhere as evidence of who did it. At first people were freaked out to find items suddenly appearing in their rooms until I showed them that visitor could leave a gift in their room.

Leaving items in someone's room can be funny. However, taking stuff just sucks.

As for room glitching...meh, if I accidentally got glitched in a friend's room, I might rearrange their furniture if I was really bored, take a few snapshots, and then tell them about it later. However, if it was a complete stranger...nope, I'd just leave the room. Its one thing if a friend plays a harmless practical joke on you. Its another thing if a complete random stranger comes into your room and messes with stuff.

Glitches and hacks aside, I really wish there was an option to lock off your apartment from your shop, that way people could still access your shop without going into your room. I can't tell you how many times I've been in my room chatting with friends, helping them with item synths, trades, etc., to have some weinie customer come in from my shop to spam stupid things from useless chat, complaints about my item prices or availability, to wierd room sound effects. Meh, I think its time to make a shopping mule.

VelosofLight
Dec 17, 2006, 10:14 PM
It depends if I knew whose room it was. If it were someone I knew and had some grudge against, I'd rob them blind. If it was someone I know and am either indifferent to or like, I wouldn't take anything. Maybe move their stuff around to freak 'em out. Now, if it were a complete stranger and they had a Revsys Torso in storage, I'd take it.

Merumeru
Dec 17, 2006, 10:45 PM
on the record, id look around XD

Nestahima
Dec 17, 2006, 10:47 PM
On 2006-12-16 21:11, Pixiesugar wrote:
I'm curious about ethics in the game. If you 'yourself' were accidentaly glitched into someone elses room, with full access to their room decorations and PM, what would you do, and why?

It would be tempting to take something... it would have to be good haha

MXdude
Dec 17, 2006, 11:00 PM
I do need 24 nanocarbons >.>

Remedy
Dec 17, 2006, 11:16 PM
I wouldn't do a damned thing, considering it's happened to me.