PDA

View Full Version : Non FO types.... do you really miss having Resta?

happy_cricket
Dec 17, 2006, 01:45 AM
This is mostly for the non-force PSO transplants. I am wondering if you all miss Resta that much. On the one hand, I naturally made myself a Wartecher thinking its the best of both worlds.... and yet, Im not really enjoying playing him....

It seems like on the road to becoming a WT, I didn't really miss having self-heal all that much....

To all you non-forces out there... is it worth it to have Resta?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: happy_cricket on 2006-12-16 22:47 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Dec 17, 2006, 01:55 AM
I liked Resta on my HUnewearl in PSO because it was fast. But in PSU, -mates are way faster than spells so I really haven't found it worth it to have Resta on my non-Force types. Besides, -mates are far easier to keep ahold of this time around since they drop like crazy and you can synth them too. And you have to spend time switching to a Wand to use spells, too.

Just too much trouble for a non-Force anymore. I'll stick to items.

SonicTMP
Dec 17, 2006, 01:59 AM
I've got to agree with Typheros. Had a Humar and i usually managed to keep party healed, being able to shortcut and use techs without a staff/rod was wonderful. Now its more of a pain to switch weapons to cast and go back into battle. Mates work much better for quick heals and good forces who can support while they nuke are the most wonderful people in the game.

Granted star atos are nice but i always forget to use them and since they are expensive and you can only carry 10 or so, its hard to remember to use one for the party vs just poping a di/trimate.

Zorafim
Dec 17, 2006, 02:01 AM
Even offline, where you could use resta, I never did. It takes to long to get out a wand and use it, as opposed to just using a mate. Maybe I'd like it if I always had resta on me, but as it is I'd rather have mates.

Gazette
Dec 17, 2006, 02:26 AM
On 2006-12-16 23:01, Zorafim wrote:
Even offline, where you could use resta, I never did. It takes to long to get out a wand and use it, as opposed to just using a mate. Maybe I'd like it if I always had resta on me, but as it is I'd rather have mates.

OP means do we miss PSO style resta not offline resta, where you WOULD always have it on you.

Not having resta or buffs was the main reason I jumped on the Wartecher boat, nostalgia for my PSO hunters.
But considering you can hold more mates than in PSO, I can see why some people wouldn't miss them.

Gojin
Dec 17, 2006, 03:29 AM
if you're not enjoying playing wartecher dont play it?

Seyren
Dec 17, 2006, 03:55 AM
I've never been about spells in most any game(except FFXI since potions weren't cheap nor effective). Items have always been quicker and more reliable since the first day any RPG/MMORPG made spells take a degree of time to cast.

To people who say Resta is cheaper than mates, it isn't. They're about the same if you're smart enough to farm your mates in low rank missions before you go messing around in high risk A and S rank ones. I'm always maxed on mates before I set foot in someone else's game or create one of my own on a rank higher than B.

As far as the days of PSO were concerned, when all the FOs decided it was 'cute' to raid Ultimate Ruins/Seabed in their own little groups, leaving the rest of us to do without Resta/Reverser half the time, I pretty much got used to leaning on my mates and atomizers.

imfanboy
Dec 17, 2006, 03:57 AM
PSO isn't PSU. Don't get all teary-eyed over an entirely different game.

Wartechers are awesome.

Way I see it, if the party has an FO or doesn't need one (doing B rank, perhaps?), I bust out the weapons and start carving up enemies.

If the party has plenty of hunters and no other FOs but needs one, I stick to the wands and only occasionally whip out the twin daggers.

And if the Force is BAD (and don't lie, there are so many bad Fortetechers out there that it's hard to count them) I can at least ask to have them booted without feeling like I'm going to screw the party over by leaving us FO-less.

In short, the Wartecher is the flexible beast; better than the Fortetecher (despite having lower MST) by beating them in survivability, while still able to keep up in the front lines.

Seriously though, it's a completely different game than PSO, and (aside from the lag of PS2 weapon switching) I think it's a unique and innovative idea to have the weapon you use govern the abilities you have. Gives an explanation WHY all of a sudden you can turn summersaults or tote around a sword that looks to weigh maybe 70 kilograms like it's a feather. XD

etlitch
Dec 17, 2006, 06:09 AM
It costs 30 PP, counting in the TP of any class that can't equip wand - I'd still say that mates would be cheaper.

Lit
Dec 17, 2006, 06:20 AM
Having resta on that has Tp or MST makes the game way too easy ..Iam happy they made only Few classes on this that can use it.
Iam hardcore! /love

EJ
Dec 17, 2006, 06:23 AM
it's 40pp when it goes to 11 but it depends mates are cheaper but I myself only use mates when needed.

Alisha
Dec 17, 2006, 06:58 AM
no. even in pso i only used resta on my fomarl. for anyone else resta sucked and was slower than mates. i'm sure others know the horror of getting knocked down by a sinow zoa trying to cast resta then getting KO'ed mid cast. or getting picked off by a morphos mid cast.

Callous
Dec 17, 2006, 07:05 AM
Not at all. With the number of mates available to you, I barely ever need resta. It's nice when it's there, but it's not crucial anymore.

Jasam
Dec 17, 2006, 08:11 AM
Resta is MUCH cheaper, even if you buy the mates from PlayerStores (So long as you arn't using an A rank rod (I think, Might be S before it becomes more expensive)
No "farming mates" arguement here, if you want to take that attitude, you could go into a mission and wait for your PP to refill, thus you could also get it free.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 17, 2006, 08:24 AM
thinking about how slow resta is, it makes me miss resta a little less now. The only problem I have is that mates aren't cheap and they don't drop all the time, or at least the ones I need, and I can't find the ingredients for them either.

LocGaw
Dec 17, 2006, 08:49 AM
People don't miss resta in my PT. I see reds poping. I spam it with athority... Unfortunatly, if anyone dies it is likly me. So I cary loads of SDs to compensate...

Curantly saving for my A rank armor...

Seyren
Dec 17, 2006, 11:13 AM
No "farming mates" arguement here, if you want to take that attitude, you could go into a mission and wait for your PP to refill, thus you could also get it free.

Except the main difference is that when you're farming ANYTHING, the mates kind of come along with the territory. Whereas most people tend to spend their PP while farming.

Mates really are cheaper, considering I've never had to buy OR synth a single Mono, Di or Trimate, and yes I do get down and dirty with up close melee so I do get hit as much as anyone else, but I refuse to burn my money on perishables considering the prices of everything else. I also tend to monitor my own HP and keep it topped off than most FOs I play with seeing as how they already have enough to do as it is. Resta just isn't reliable to me. Especially in the hands of another player, in a community where most everyone is only looking out for themselves.

If you can get it for free, it's not worth paying for.

Deathwatch
Dec 17, 2006, 11:54 AM
Don't NEED it but I have it there if neccessry. Problem is swapping to a wand takes too much time mid-combat. Using a mate is way easier and quicker. It's also cheap since they drop everywhere.

Mystil
Dec 17, 2006, 11:58 AM
No. I don't miss resta and I don't miss difluids and trifluids. Especially Trifluids -.-.

RussInDaHill
Dec 19, 2006, 02:06 AM
I am a cast..i miss resta...but like my other kick ass moves

Garnet_Moon
Dec 19, 2006, 02:10 AM
I joined a party today that was all FF's and FG's. When they saw me cast Resta after finally getting to them, they all went "HOORAY!". I love playing god. Live or die at my whim... mmmm... the power I possess...

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Kura-X
Dec 19, 2006, 02:17 AM
you know, just because you are a resta user, doesnt mean you just stop using mates all together. A middle ground can be reached to save money on charging your wand AND buying mates.

Keyzo34541
Dec 19, 2006, 02:20 AM
If your newman or human, resta is probably cheaper, but not really sure about the others. My 48 Human WT heals for about 750, so its definitely cheaper then mates. I've also tried farmed for mates while playing my hunter, but with resta you could use the time you usually use farming mates, doing higher rank missions for more rewards/exp. And lastly, on the higher rank missions, you can blow through mates pretty quick. Not to mention that with a big party mate drops are spread pretty thin.

Also, if your really that worried about money for recharging wands. At the end of the mission sit there with your wand out for a few minutes.../omg no recharge cost!?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Keyzo34541 on 2006-12-18 23:28 ]</font>

Kimil
Dec 19, 2006, 02:40 AM
I like having Resta ready as my Beast WT.
I usually find myself in parties without Forcs, so then I fill in the void and heal constantly with resta, I don't mind doing that, Whitemage is something I like doing... Plus If I get sick and tired, Daggers FTW

ProfessorZ
Dec 19, 2006, 02:56 AM
I hate that you need a wand/cane to use techniques. Thats the gayest thing ever

Garnet_Moon
Dec 19, 2006, 03:00 AM
I'm a walking Star Atomizer. Everybody loves me because i'm so cheap to use. :3

Ogni-XR21
Dec 19, 2006, 05:04 AM
S rank missions without resta would be a real pain in the ass, imo!

If you get along without resta you are probably playing missions that are too easy - meaning no challenge at all.

Neith
Dec 19, 2006, 05:39 AM
If Resta was as good as it was in PSO, I'd miss it.

With the casting times in PSU, im ok with mates. However, resta would be nice for some situations I guess.

I made a Wartecher too, and finding it a very difficult class to play (weapon switching ALL the time, carrying a ton of extra weapons, pallette-switching constantly, it's hard)

panzer_unit
Dec 19, 2006, 10:18 AM
I don't miss resta. Half my PSO characters were casts anyway.

I do miss healing-type special attacks, however. Those things were sweet.

chaostroop
Dec 19, 2006, 10:21 AM
i miss it relly bad the only reson im a foregunner is so i can use double ended wepons

Merumeru
Dec 19, 2006, 10:23 AM
XD eh its fine, but with my HP and -cough- SKILL -cough-, spamming a few monomates here and there is no biggie

-dis-
Dec 19, 2006, 01:46 PM
The only thing I really miss about resta is the incredible inbalance it brings to the times I would like to solo with my NPCs. For forces, the NPCs are amazing tools - the NPCs attack, draw attention, and the force can keep them alive easily. For me, a fortegunner, the NPCs are liabilities. One group of srank vahras and they're toast. I use stars on them, of course, but my half-witted 450 is nothing but a meat shield with low HP and low IQ - I get ten chances a mission to heal her, and whatever other non-healing idiot NPC I bring along, with expensive items that do not just drop easily during farming.

WrathOfMegid
Dec 19, 2006, 02:22 PM
I'll admit, I hated the idea of assigning spells to a rod/wand at first, mainly because of resta, but then I started playing and I realized something important. I HATE PLAYING A FORCE! No offense meant to any FOs by any means. I guess I just lack the skill needed to play a force, and I usually played casts on PSO, so the resta thing doesn't bug me. In fact, I love the fact we can carry more mates in this game. I didn't need resta in PSO and in PSU I need it even less. But when I go online, any FT's or WT's willing to cover my ass while I get creamed have my utmost respect, I'll carry a few PCs for ya. As for me, I'll stick with mates solo.