PDA

View Full Version : End of Chapter! But wait, what's this!? (*NO Storyline Spoil

Maxurion
Dec 17, 2006, 02:21 AM
In story mode, when a chapter is completed, you get a movie scene with all the faces of the people that were in the chapter scrolling down really slowly with a real slow lovey-dovey sort of song playing in the background.

The thing is, if you hit the A button(or X on PS2 or whatever) to skip it, you get this neat little video intro to the next chapter, BUT...

If you don't touch anything and let the movie scene play out, you get a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT INTRO! Pretty cool, huh? Go ahead, try playing through a chapter in Story Mode and save just before the end of the chapter, you'll see what I mean.

Personally I like the ones you get from watching the whole movie scene.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maxurion on 2006-12-17 05:34 ]</font>

ThunderChao
Dec 17, 2006, 08:43 AM
That's pretty cool! I used to skip, so I didn't know that. Thanks for posting this! I would never had known.

Alisha
Dec 17, 2006, 08:45 AM
its easier if you just play the same stage twice on different saves.
i think a lot of the omake ones are funny. in one ethan tells lou he will go back to G-colony if lou falls in love with him. then shes like ok i must make you fall in love with me.

rena-ko
Dec 17, 2006, 08:45 AM
all i know is that you get a special scene when you finish an act with srank.

Maxurion
Dec 17, 2006, 08:47 AM
Oh, it might be that too, I have been S-ranking everything...

Ryo_Hayasa
Dec 17, 2006, 10:07 AM
s-rank huh? I run everything straight though, or i did and got maybe one S-rank. I suppose you have to do alot, alot alot alot of free missions to get your character up then do the normal story missions in order to S-rank them. Or maybe, i'm just horrible at the game, and ran through it entirely too fast.

Xx3of19xX
Dec 17, 2006, 10:15 AM
You get the special ones by completing the chapter a 2nd time. Either play throught the entire game twice or, (much easier) save at the last save spot before the end of the chapter, save in a new spot in the next, then reload the previous save and redo the last bit of the chapter.
Very useful if you're hunting for S-rank rewards, as especially some of the bosses can be pretty luck dependant.

Otis_Kat
Dec 17, 2006, 10:16 AM
lol, I'll have to replay the game and purposly get A or lower and skip the scenes.

Shassa
Dec 17, 2006, 10:16 AM
There might be more than one way to get the omake act endings. I didn't get any when I went through, watching the chapter ending each time. My daughter is playing through the game on the same memory card as my finished game and is getting them all the time, wether she watches the chapter ending or not. So I had assumed it was because this is our second time through.