PDA

View Full Version : Gi-Senba (Ice res) armor for Fortetecher, mistake?

Xx3of19xX
Dec 17, 2006, 06:46 AM
I made the switch to Fortetecher last night at level 36 on my Newman male. The big drop in HP and DFP made me feel I needed to upgrade my armore to a 5star as that was the highest I could get for now.
I got the Gi-Senba as it has slightly better stats than the Assino-Sanba and an Extra slot, but I feel I might have made a costly mistake:
Gi-Senba has ice resistance. While of course it is great against any monsters casting ice spells, it has made my more vulnerable to fire. And with single target Foie doing so much more damage than all the multitarget ice spells like Barta, the damage increase hurts even more.
The Rainbow Beast on A one-shotted my just barely with Foie, that wouldn't have happened with the Assino.
Any Fortetechers want to chip in with their experience? Should I just get a neutral Assino instead and try to sell the Gi-senba? (Synthing an elemental Assino (Fire or Earth to protect from the heavy hitting Foie and Diga) seems pretty much out of the question, with them costing 15 Ortacarbon at 2000-2500 a pop.

Shazbot
Dec 17, 2006, 08:07 AM
You know, it's okay to own more than one armor. Ideally, you should own an ice armor AND a fire armor cause that Barta and Foie shit hurts. But I don't think you needed to go 5* armor to up your defense. A 35% ice 2* armor would probably be better than a 20% ice 5* armor or very close to it when taking a hit from Barta. Percents really make the armor.