PDA

View Full Version : lookng for a synthing pro

Ultra
Dec 17, 2006, 06:34 AM
I'm about to try my luck at synthing some weapons and wanted to ask about a couple things. Do I only use the number of items required, or will adding more of a needed item help with success rates? Will adding extra Photons of desired type raise the damage type? Thanks!

Mewnie
Dec 17, 2006, 06:55 AM
as I finally get my causaul gamer butt closer to level 40.. AND finally getting 60k meseta, I've been looking to add a new weapon to my pallette.

Been using +5 grinded Rivet Gloves for the past while now, and pondering adding either an axe or single claw so I can get a good gun later. Leaning to the axe, cause I don't see many of them, and it'd be fun to WTFPOW stuff.

Problem is, my PM sucks, and if I can find someone to synth an axe for me if I get the board/mats? Actually, what are the mats for it?

Mewn out~

Xx3of19xX
Dec 17, 2006, 07:35 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/15/1389/board_ank_tomho/
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/15/1390/board_ank_barde/

Mewnie
Dec 17, 2006, 07:42 AM
*looks over the recipe list* ugh.. that is a few weeks of farming for me, huh?

This game is not casual friendly >.>

Chris28
Dec 17, 2006, 07:46 AM
you dont have to farm. You can shop around at the Player Shops and get things at a discounted price. You could also go to the PSOW trade forums and there is a topic there where someone will synth weapons for you. I think a 7* is around 88K and their service is very good.

Mewnie
Dec 17, 2006, 08:05 AM
still gonna have to grind out a few thousand more meseta... only have 60k XD

Looks like I might just end up raising a pure striking PM anyways http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

etlitch
Dec 17, 2006, 08:26 AM
What's so hard about that? 1 Neu relic B run with a decent party earns you 1850m plus some random loot, and only takes around 13mins.

Say you decide to play 2 hours: spend 40 mins chatting with friends or whatever, rest of the time doing neu relic B runs and you'd get around 10k mesata and some loot.

I don't really consider that very much of a "grind".

Mewnie
Dec 17, 2006, 08:54 AM
13 mins? usually takes twice that for me. Those bat winged things (can't remember the names) take forever and a day to kill at B X3

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Dec 17, 2006, 08:57 AM
Do not get an axe... It is useless, get a single claw. You can equip a kickass pistol or mechgun to the claw as well to make it better... And do not synth one, save up so that you can buy a shitty one from the shops, otherwise if you fail you lose all of that.

Mewnie
Dec 17, 2006, 09:58 AM
I noticed the accuracy of the axes is low... is it really bad?

Suppose I could spring for a claw and then pillage my newbie ranger's 3 star gun until I can afford a better one. Hmm.

Ultra
Dec 17, 2006, 10:34 AM
...anyone?

Sychosis
Dec 17, 2006, 10:42 AM
You can't add extra anything.

rena-ko
Dec 17, 2006, 10:44 AM
you cant add more than you need.

certain photons seem to lower your rate, other than altering your result's element. what elemental % you get is random.

day's luck doesnt affect synthing either. only your PM's stats do.

anyway, good luck

etlitch
Dec 17, 2006, 10:45 AM
Tengohgs are, well the only thing that makes the run take time. Find and make some friends that lives in about same timezone as you, then invite them for parties - preferable 4melees 2force, the forces for healing and taking down the tengohgs while the melees take care of the rest.

How good the weapons are, is pretty much different depending on player. You can probaly complete singleplayer or so to try out the weapons before you spend money on network mode. I've never tried that myself, but most people says that it should'nt take too much time. Plus it's going to be better if you know of the background story once you start the Guardian missions online.

Get a shop too, if you have'nt already. You can sell some of your loot(synth materials) for money.

I could synth something for you, if you play on PC/PS2 that is.

Mewnie
Dec 17, 2006, 06:58 PM
Get a shop too, if you have'nt already. You can sell some of your loot(synth materials) for money.

yeah, been thinking of that. Just focusing on saving my money for equipment, but I might have to bute the bullet.

[/quote]I could synth something for you, if you play on PC/PS2 that is.[/quote]

Sure, have set up a meeting, unless you play late at night http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Niered
Dec 17, 2006, 08:48 PM
On 2006-12-17 05:57, AlieNxxxxxxxx wrote:
Do not get an axe... It is useless, get a single claw. You can equip a kickass pistol or mechgun to the claw as well to make it better... And do not synth one, save up so that you can buy a shitty one from the shops, otherwise if you fail you lose all of that.

I hope to god thats sarcasm.

Not so much the axe part, i know little about axes, but the board part is a buncha hooey. Lets look at this objectively:

110k for a 8* board with 3 chances to make a weapon at a roughly 50% chance (expecting that you have a pure PM) means that the chances are high one of those will work to your favor. Now if you get lucky and synth another one, well theres an wasy 200k in your pocket, (mebbe more if your lucky with the %)and if you got all 3 to work, well, now your set!

This way works because you now have enough cash to go on and synth the next weapon in your lineup. I did this for a week and now own:

A 8* kubara rifle
A 8* kubara handgun
A 8* kubara dual handgun
A 8* kubara grenade launcher
A 8* kubara Shotgun
A 7* GRM saber
A 7* GRM Laser cannon

And with all of the excess cash from the duplicates of these weapons that I have made, i bought myself a Har senba, and more boards to keep that cash coming in.

And to note, before the expert types update, i only had 200k. I now fluctuate, but on average carry around 400k when not synthing.

Mewnie
Dec 17, 2006, 11:39 PM
So, I should just keep on trucking with my Knuckles. (not much difference between a base 7 star Tenora knuckles and my 5 star +5 grinded GRM ones that I've seen.)

Raise a pure striking PM and by then I can afford board and mats and sell extras. *nods* Take a while, but not like I'm already too far behind the curve! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Mewnie
Dec 18, 2006, 12:11 PM
Well, after this weekend, things took a swing for the better :3

Someone on my card list got me into a Neu System Defense S-Rank mission and after a few runs, I made nearly 30k >o_0<

Then I found an axe for sale for 75k.

Then a friend on one of my longtime friends in game hooked me up with some new gear (RAWR Kurushii!), and what I had left I finally opened a store and started selling off the synthing junk I've hoarded. Made 30k in the first two hours after opening the store! 83

Now to raise my PM and start selling synthed stuff :3

panzer_unit
Dec 18, 2006, 12:24 PM
Mewn? Those were good games.

I'm looking hard at just speccing my PM for decent chances on 6* melee and guns (mass produce for element % and/or grind levels) and just paying for other people's hard work when I need higher-end items. Sucks to be a hybrid class sometimes.

Mewnie
Dec 18, 2006, 12:34 PM
They were good!

So many SEs!

It's nice when the monsters can't fight back while I punch them in the face :3

panzer_unit
Dec 18, 2006, 12:49 PM
I like hitting with an SE then punching the monster in the face ... <3 ProTranser

I think you're the first character besides mine I've seen doing the full Knuckle PA combo. I was like "hey! someone besides me likes Rivet Gloves" ... can't wait to start making Graters though.

Mewnie
Dec 18, 2006, 12:54 PM
was thinking of switching to Tenora, since they offer the A rank knuckles. Hope they don't look silly :3

although I'll wait until A grinders are available.. +5 Rivets are better than base 7 stars >o_0<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mewnie on 2006-12-18 09:55 ]</font>