PDA

View Full Version : Do people consider you a good Fortetecher?

PALRAPPYS
Dec 17, 2006, 10:16 AM

So many complaints about Fortetechers these days... I myself am one, and make good use of Resta. Although it's not always super cool, I make sure to have Resta on every single one of my rods/ wands. Why? There are times when you can't switch to another weapon, so you have to heal RIGHT there. Sure, I don't get the Tech bonus on my wands/ rods, but at least I'm always there for anyone in low HP.

So, have people said anything on how you've done in your Fortetecher job?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PALRAPPYS on 2006-12-17 07:17 ]</font>

Laranas
Dec 17, 2006, 10:25 AM
It's mixed, really. (Now I'm a Wartecher) When I was a Fortecher no one died on me, people said 'ty' when I anti'ed and I exit-camped to resta people after a room. I did my nuking as well. But even so, I hate sitting around like a priest to heal people, so if people rambo'ed I didn't chase after them to heal and so on, and a few of those people complained. Fortechers arent healbots people, you can carry 20 Dimates for a reason.

Sychosis
Dec 17, 2006, 10:43 AM
Nobody really says anything. It's better this way, no in-game drama.

Kanore
Dec 17, 2006, 10:44 AM
No one cares. If you suck, they say you suck. If you're doing your job, then no one notices.

Gamemako
Dec 17, 2006, 10:47 AM
Wartecher here. I've been the team healer many a time, since everyone quits foretetechers when people bitch at them for not healing. Of course, for the record, I've never switched to fT yet, though I have the prereqs for it. Focusing on WT.

etlitch
Dec 17, 2006, 10:49 AM
On 2006-12-17 07:44, Kanore wrote:
No one cares. If you suck, they say you suck. If you're doing your job, then no one notices.Exactly.

You should'nt feel like as if they need to say anything about that you're doing your job correct either.
Unless if you're an attention whore.

Mystil
Dec 17, 2006, 12:06 PM
I've had no problems with Fortetechers.

drmcst45
Dec 17, 2006, 12:54 PM
I heal/reverser non-stop in s-rank.

even if there is another force around, i still do it. better safe than sorry.

ChibiMyu
Dec 17, 2006, 01:16 PM
I've been thanked for heals, but haven't had much other feedback. I'm constantly spamming resta whenever anyone takes any damage because I'd like to get my resta to 21. If anything, people are likely to complain I cast it too much. T_T;

Most other forces I've met while playing on melee characters are pretty good. As long as you aren't falling to half hp every 5 seconds, they are usually willing to heal. Of course I haven't really tried S rank missions with anything besides my NPC characters, and they need healing about every 3 seconds (or something like that...)

Melora
Dec 17, 2006, 01:55 PM
Some people have said I'm a good Fortetecher but mainly people just say 'thanks for all the healing'. Yesterday someone said to me that I shouldn't use Gi techs because I get hit when using them so they're really meant for War/Guntechers. I pretty much always manage to run away and heal myself after so I figure that its my prerogative to use them if I want. I'd never change to another class though. If some people don't like it, then I'll find other people to play with.

FenixStryk
Dec 17, 2006, 01:56 PM
I'm not a Fortetecher, but when I was a Force, they gave me a lot of compliments, mostly because I was not only doing my job better than others, but I was a CAST too. Maybe that says something?

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 17, 2006, 01:58 PM
Who's complaining?

No one has ever complained to me about being a fortetecher. If someone complains to you, you dont need to party with them!~

Chris28
Dec 17, 2006, 02:03 PM
On 2006-12-17 10:58, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
Who's complaining?

No one has ever complained to me about being a fortetecher. If someone complains to you, you dont need to party with them!~

you're the worst fortetecher i've ever seen >_>

PaladinRPG
Dec 17, 2006, 02:09 PM
So far I haven't met too many non-healing forces... and if there was, usually another FO or hybrid in there as well doing the healing instead of them.

Kent
Dec 17, 2006, 02:21 PM
As a Wartecher, it's part of my job to heal when people need it. Even with my weapon-switching, I still manage to beat most Fortetechers to the punch on Resta...

I usually feel pretty appreciated when I'm in parties with other people, though, whether they consider me 'good' or not. I was called the "best Force ever" in a few parties, back before Expert Types came along...