PDA

View Full Version : Which A rank hunter weapon is worth its price?

North
Dec 17, 2006, 12:33 PM
I'm having some trouble trying to pick a weapon, now i was told that the axe was a big let down...Well any suggestions?

Numnuttz
Dec 17, 2006, 12:37 PM
it depends on what you really like.i know some people who love the axe while others hate it. but from what ive seen,everyone loves teh single claw.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 17, 2006, 12:38 PM
whats your favorite weapon type? whichever weapon type you like best, whether it be spears, swords, twin daggers, or whatever, just choose your favorite.

Ronzeru
Dec 17, 2006, 12:41 PM
Doublesaber. duh.

CelestialBlade
Dec 17, 2006, 12:45 PM
I like to just try out each and every weapon type available to me, just to see what I seem to be the best with. Before I got the game someone was telling me how much they hated Spears and Twin Sabers, but those two are probably my favorite weapons, so it's really all up to what you feel you're best with, like others have said. This is why I love Phantasy Star, success isn't just level and stat grinding, it's knowing how to play the game, and finding the weapons you're best with is crucial to that.

North
Dec 17, 2006, 12:47 PM
see the thing is I like the faster weapons best (mostly the figunner weps) but im a fortefighter...guess ill try out a spear or claw

DONTOSE
Dec 17, 2006, 12:55 PM
dude the twin daggers kick ass they do awesome amounts of damage and thier easy to use.

Sekani
Dec 17, 2006, 01:09 PM
On 2006-12-17 09:47, North wrote:
see the thing is I like the faster weapons best (mostly the figunner weps) but im a fortefighter...guess ill try out a spear or claw

Switch to fighgunner maybe?

-Dainslef-
Dec 17, 2006, 01:12 PM
There was a poll for this recently, Spear easily won out as the best Fortefighter weapon, which I agree with.

The Claw isn't bad either, but I think Twin Claws are a waste of time unless you want a cool looking weapon/PA.

Still, you can get Dus Daggas from 20-30 in like a day, so get a bunch of weapons. =)

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 17, 2006, 01:31 PM
On 2006-12-17 09:47, North wrote:

ya, I'd go fighgunner if I were you if you prefer speed, like me.

-Dainslef-
Dec 17, 2006, 01:33 PM
Also, forgot to mention, claws are VERY fast.

CelestialBlade
Dec 17, 2006, 01:58 PM
I like fast weapons myself, but I'm still going Fortefighter. Choosing that class won't allow me to use S-Rank Twin Daggers/Sabers, yes, but it's not like it'll directly affect your weapon speed. I want to see what I can do with all that ATP and DEF, combined with fast weaponry. Spears are fast for big weapons, and it's not like you can't get a top-of-the-line A-Rank Twin Saber and grind the shit out of it, or something. Of course I'm not sure how much better S-Rank will be than A, but we'll see.

-Dainslef-
Dec 17, 2006, 02:04 PM
Yeah, Figunner has a LOT of good things going for it, but ultimately forte has like 2x the ATP and a lot more DFP.

SonicTMP
Dec 17, 2006, 02:14 PM
On 2006-12-17 11:04, -Dainslef- wrote:
Yeah, Figunner has a LOT of good things going for it, but ultimately forte has like 2x the ATP and a lot more DFP.

It evens out actually. forte gets higher DFP, figunner gets some higher Evade. forte gets more atp but all their S ranks pretty much hit 3-4 times for the combo while figunners get higher ata and have 6-7 hits in their combos. You'll end up with the same overall damage with either class.

DummieAcount
Dec 17, 2006, 02:34 PM
A suggestion i have is don't post the same topic on every board you can find.

McLaughlin
Dec 17, 2006, 02:41 PM
Get a Single Claw.

Sekani
Dec 17, 2006, 04:53 PM
On 2006-12-17 11:04, -Dainslef- wrote:

Fortefighters can't use double sabers or twin handguns.